Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 347. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Firstly, thank you all for your help so far (messages and so on)

My rig - now 4 weeks old, ALL new kit.

Tried 11.2 today and apart from virus guards kicking off all over the place (until I disabled them all) failed to work.

I have now kind of got the rig working thanks to some help, however...

Starts at 64 Mh/s then reduces down and down...

ETH: GPU0 21.917 Mh/s, GPU1 10.142 Mh/s, GPU2 10.124 Mh/s, GPU3 21.923 Mh/s

ETH: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s, GPU1 10.132 Mh/s, GPU2 10.176 Mh/s, GPU3 21.906 Mh/s

Followed shortly by:

WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
Quit, please wait...
Restarting OK, exit...

Then rig comes to a complete stand still...Wont go further.

Virtual memory 16gb, virus guard disabled...

Please any thoughts - this is killing me now...

Rig

Celeron - K170 board - 4gb ram - Msata HDD - 2 x rx570 4gb - 2 x RX550 4gb - Thermaltake 850psu...Windows 10 64bit.

yup... i posted the exact same issue a few days back but never saw a reply with fix suggested. Here's the thing... this is happening on all 4 of my 6x470 rigs... and really only since that last major W10 update.  So, I am saying it is NOT a hardware issue because what are the odds that on 4 rigs, there is an actual problem with GPU0 on all 4?  It never happens on any other GPU, so this means it is a software/settings issue, but I have not been able to figure it out.  On Claymore Cryptonite miner, the solution to fix a lagging GPU0 was to manually designate the "-h" value in the .bat file, but no such option existing in this miner, at least not -h but maybe something else can be tweaked only on GPU0 to fix this... that has been what i've tried to discover for the past weeks but no solution yet. I actually had to disable GPU0 on 1 of my rigs that it got so bad, and looks like another 1 is headed that direction as well.

The one difference with mine is that they don't actually crash/freeze, but they get stuck in a non-stop look of resarting the miner due to that hanging GPU0 issue. So it restarts every couple minutes, usually with GPU0 at zero speed.

Claymore... or anyone else that knows of this issue... please advise. Thanks!

Windows 10 Pro - 8GB RAM - 16-32GB virtual memory - Claymore dual miner versions 10.2/10.5/10.6

Do you have a dummy plug or a monitor connected to GPU0 ? I have noticed this behavior when you remote and don't have a monitor/dummy plug connected

Nope - I have now stripped rig back to 2 x RX570;s nothing plugged in - no windows update - it ran perfect on 10.6 - jumped 11 and 11.1 now tried 11.2 - blat..

Tried re-installing drivers and all sorts.

GPU0 was doing 0 MHS so I now have taken GPU 1 which was running around 21-22.

ETH: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s
GPU0 t=54C fan=23%%
ETH: 03/06/18-20:21:44 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:01
ETH: 03/06/18-20:21:46 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:4444
GPU0 t=54C fan=0%%
ETH - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:02
Quit, please wait...

So now feck all is happening in GPU0 regardless of whichever card you try.

Try it with Claymore 11.1 and see if you get the same results. My rig's did something similar because my bios settings min-max everything and the changes in 11.2 are just enough to push it off the cliff.
There are two ways to fix it 1) stop overclocking/undervolting manually and use the default bios and it works but with sub-par results compared to my own OC/UV settings or option 2) ...use Claymore 11.1
Activity: 7
Firstly, thank you all for your help so far (messages and so on)

My rig - now 4 weeks old, ALL new kit.

Tried 11.2 today and apart from virus guards kicking off all over the place (until I disabled them all) failed to work.

I have now kind of got the rig working thanks to some help, however...

Starts at 64 Mh/s then reduces down and down...

ETH: GPU0 21.917 Mh/s, GPU1 10.142 Mh/s, GPU2 10.124 Mh/s, GPU3 21.923 Mh/s

ETH: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s, GPU1 10.132 Mh/s, GPU2 10.176 Mh/s, GPU3 21.906 Mh/s

Followed shortly by:

Quit, please wait...
Restarting OK, exit...

Then rig comes to a complete stand still...Wont go further.

Virtual memory 16gb, virus guard disabled...

Please any thoughts - this is killing me now...

Rig

Celeron - K170 board - 4gb ram - Msata HDD - 2 x rx570 4gb - 2 x RX550 4gb - Thermaltake 850psu...Windows 10 64bit.

yup... i posted the exact same issue a few days back but never saw a reply with fix suggested. Here's the thing... this is happening on all 4 of my 6x470 rigs... and really only since that last major W10 update.  So, I am saying it is NOT a hardware issue because what are the odds that on 4 rigs, there is an actual problem with GPU0 on all 4?  It never happens on any other GPU, so this means it is a software/settings issue, but I have not been able to figure it out.  On Claymore Cryptonite miner, the solution to fix a lagging GPU0 was to manually designate the "-h" value in the .bat file, but no such option existing in this miner, at least not -h but maybe something else can be tweaked only on GPU0 to fix this... that has been what i've tried to discover for the past weeks but no solution yet. I actually had to disable GPU0 on 1 of my rigs that it got so bad, and looks like another 1 is headed that direction as well.

The one difference with mine is that they don't actually crash/freeze, but they get stuck in a non-stop look of resarting the miner due to that hanging GPU0 issue. So it restarts every couple minutes, usually with GPU0 at zero speed.

Claymore... or anyone else that knows of this issue... please advise. Thanks!

Windows 10 Pro - 8GB RAM - 16-32GB virtual memory - Claymore dual miner versions 10.2/10.5/10.6

Do you have a dummy plug or a monitor connected to GPU0 ? I have noticed this behavior when you remote and don't have a monitor/dummy plug connected

Nope - I have now stripped rig back to 2 x RX570;s nothing plugged in - no windows update - it ran perfect on 10.6 - jumped 11 and 11.1 now tried 11.2 - blat..

Tried re-installing drivers and all sorts.

GPU0 was doing 0 MHS so I now have taken GPU 1 which was running around 21-22.

GPU0 t=54C fan=23%%
ETH: 03/06/18-20:21:44 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:01
ETH: 03/06/18-20:21:46 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:4444
GPU0 t=54C fan=0%%
ETH - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:02
Quit, please wait...

So now feck all is happening in GPU0 regardless of whichever card you try.
Activity: 247
Merit: 59
I switched 6 of my 8 rigs to 11.2 from 11.0 (I've been busy).

So far stale shares look just fine. It's been about 24 hours. All AMD Polaris cards.

I have the same problem, 0 memory errors but I always have a 6/7% stale share on 11.2, ethermine pool :S

Yep same here. Got 4-7% stale shares.

I have stale shares about 5% to 10% on 11.0 also, moved to 11.2 still the same amount of stale shared on Ethermine.org... Move to Nanopool then they will not bother you... as they do not report on stale shares  Grin

11.2 was a failure but 11.1 is stable (at least for me). As far as stale shares go, you can reduce them by checking for work faster than what is set by default. Add the switch -etht which by default is set to 200ms and reduce the time your rigs wait to check for shares. I have mine set to check every 20ms with this switch -etht 20

In my experience this keeps stale shares under 5% (Mine is currently at 2% using 11.1). But you can do some pings to make sure that your problem isn't latency between your router and the pool or even latency on your own network as well.

What is your ping to the pool?

mine is 95ms, do you think I see any difference?

My ping is around 40ms right now but yours seems fast enough. Give -etht 20 a try for a day and see if the stale shares go down for you.
Activity: 20
Quote from: Claymore
- EthMan loses rigs with 12 GPUs.
  Sometimes systems with 12 GPUs and low-end CPU become slow for remote access, you can see problems with EthMan and other remote management software.

I know there are already posts about this problem , but did not found workaround , on mainboard with 12 polaris gpus win 10 1709, and claymore dual miner ( tested with 11.2 down to 10.6 ) ethman do not work when all 12 gpus are mining , lost connection immediately , when start just 8 gpus to mine ethman works without problem , it's not cpu problem , cpu load stays 20-30% , remote software is working good ( teamviewer , splashtop , tightvnc ) , i tryed phoenix miner 2.7c recently which works with ethman and with it there is no problem when 12gpus are mining , cpu stays the same load 20-30% , so the problem must be with claymore's miner socket implementation , web server or something like that when gpus are more than 8 , or some hardcoded setting remain from the times when driver and windows accept only 8 gpus . Can you check and fix this problem please .

p.s: I read through the posts and did not find workaround for this , so if there is one , my apologies.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
11.2 must have some hardcoded OC settings. Suddenly I get GPU errors, more heat, more instability. On some GPU it works but some not.

I want to do my own OC settings! Remove OC and release 11.3
I couldn't agree more! As it is, I'm planning on using 11.1 for a good long time. At least it's stable...
this is some weird claim. I have no idea what it means nor probably the poster.
v 11.2 looks a bit unstable at first, but now it seems fine and I'm getting almost 1.5% hash increase across my polarises
Activity: 6
I used 2 days 11.2 +1mh and %4 %5 stale it is ok for me but today 25% stale switched to previous ver 11.0
I have the same problem, 0 memory errors but I always have a 6/7% stale share on 11.2, ethermine pool :S

Yep same here. Got 4-7% stale shares.

I have stale shares about 5% to 10% on 11.0 also, moved to 11.2 still the same amount of stale shared on Ethermine.org... Move to Nanopool then they will not bother you... as they do not report on stale shares  Grin

11.2 was a failure but 11.1 is stable (at least for me). As far as stale shares go, you can reduce them by checking for work faster than what is set by default. Add the switch -etht which by default is set to 200ms and reduce the time your rigs wait to check for shares. I have mine set to check every 20ms with this switch -etht 20

In my experience this keeps stale shares under 5% (Mine is currently at 2% using 11.1). But you can do some pings to make sure that your problem isn't latency between your router and the pool or even latency on your own network as well.

11.2 must have some hardcoded OC settings. Suddenly I get GPU errors, more heat, more instability. On some GPU it works but some not.

I want to do my own OC settings! Remove OC and release 11.3
I couldn't agree more! As it is, I'm planning on using 11.1 for a good long time. At least it's stable...
Activity: 312
hi
what driver version do you recommend for claymore 11.2 in windows

Amd blockchain Aug 23 2017;

hi

I'm usimg newest amd 18.3.1

but all the commands work like for example
-cvddc
-mvddc

No problemo
Activity: 1
Caaan u tell me without reading whole 1000 pages whats the diference betwen 9.6 vs current version? :> Is OpenCL.dll missing error thing is caused by old version?
Activity: 17
hi

hi

but all the commands work like for example
-cvddc
-mvddc
hi

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
hi

Activity: 17
hi
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
with 11.2 I rather got more stales +3-4% stale shares

I wouldn`t mind a few more stale shares...
but i have a difference in what claymore reports and what pool reports that is unacceptable.

Claymore reports 50 more shares than pool (1 hour timeframe).

193 (Claymore) > 148 (Pool)
165 (Claymore) > 143 (Pool)

Check my previous post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31682140

No clue why what how.
The difference is most likely because it's listed as total shares, with accepted shares + (rejected + stale shares).  The problem is they appear on separate lines when you press s while the miner is running.
Activity: 59
Is there anything decidedly better than DCR as the dual mining pair after these recent updates ?..

by the way version 11.2 causes some freezes on some of my rx580's with similar undervolting settings as earlier versions...

I run rx570. With the same settings as the previous versions and in eth only mode, 11.2 is faster by 1 mh. When I dual mined, the rig restarted after a short time. I took advice from a person here and lowered both mem and core clocks by 10% ( I use afterburner). My rig has been stable for short of 4 hours now with higher hash rates than 11.0 and less heat.
Hope this could help.
Do version 11.1 have hardcoded OC?
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
F**king windows defender forgot to add the exception for the new version, all the night without mining  Cry

Make a mining folder and just add that to exceptions.  Then you don't need to worry about new versions.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1656
Is there anything decidedly better than DCR as the dual mining pair after these recent updates ?..

by the way version 11.2 causes some freezes on some of my rx580's with similar undervolting settings as earlier versions...
Jump to: