Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 340. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
the new features include
No DAD file
What does this mean?
Thanks.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v11.3:

- added automatic detection of best -dcri values in ASM ETH-only mode if -dcri option is missed.
  Press "s" key to see current values, you can also press "z" key to restart detection.
- improved support for systems with many GPUs (eight and more) and slow CPU: much less CPU load, EthMan works fine now.
- added assembler kernel for RX550 card. This card is not good for dual mining, but in ETH-only mode ASM kernel is faster by about 7%.
- added "x" key to select GPU for manual -dcri value adjustment.
- several minor bug fixes and improvements.
Activity: 6
Been mining ETH only with Nanopool for a few months and I want to add second coin in dual.
Can I add a seperate DCR suprnova pool and keep mining with Nanopool for ETH.

Thanks.
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 8
Hi,

Using this miner with old R9 280x in single mode.

When I mine altcoins I get 20 mh.
But when I mine Etherium I get only 10 mh.

Why???

What altcoins were you mining? Different coins have different algorithms and different speeds. If you were mining another ethash coin (Ethereum classic, Ubiq, or Expanse) and getting different speeds then there might be an issue.
Activity: 168
Version 11.2 doesn't run on CentOS 7 and return a missing libssl-1.0.0 even if not linked with openssl! CentOS 7 have openssl version 1.0.2k installed. Some one run claymore 11.2 on Linux with newer openssl ?

It works fine on Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04, probably you should create a link to your openssl version.

UPDATE: I improved support for systems with a lot of GPUs ( > 8 ) and slow CPU: less CPU load, EthMan works fine now. I will release new version within a few days, also some other improvements will be included.

Great, I hope you included fix for fan control issue wherein fan controls are not accurate.

Driver: Adrenalin Dec Update
GPU: Spahhire Nitro+ RX570 and Powercolor Red Devil RX570

example:
-tt -60, fan is not on 60% but +/- 10%, therefore ~70

the same with fanmin and fanmax, they are above/off desired settings.

Please read: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20538901
AfterBurner has same problem. For example, set 50% fan in AB, then open WattMan and see fan speed, the circle graph will display more than 50%.

that was a great read sir. however, with PM's miner, his fan controls are accurate. just a little variance by 1%. im not suggesting that i should use other miner, i just wonder how is his fan control accurate than this? i have no problem with this miner, its great, but it would be greater if we could improve the fan control accuracy.

thanks.
Activity: 924
Merit: 15
in this last patch i've seen a nice increase in performance.

my 6 gpu rig was doing 188,7 with last version. With this one, same clocks , same everything, i'm doing 189,8. So that's a 1MH/s increase.

Thanks!!!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
Hi,

Using this miner with old R9 280x in single mode.

When I mine altcoins I get 20 mh.
But when I mine Etherium I get only 10 mh.

Why???
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Version 11.2 doesn't run on CentOS 7 and return a missing libssl-1.0.0 even if not linked with openssl! CentOS 7 have openssl version 1.0.2k installed. Some one run claymore 11.2 on Linux with newer openssl ?

It works fine on Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04, probably you should create a link to your openssl version.

UPDATE: I improved support for systems with a lot of GPUs ( > 8 ) and slow CPU: less CPU load, EthMan works fine now. I will release new version within a few days, also some other improvements will be included.

Great, I hope you included fix for fan control issue wherein fan controls are not accurate.

example:

Please read: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20538901
AfterBurner has same problem. For example, set 50% fan in AB, then open WattMan and see fan speed, the circle graph will display more than 50%.
Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner
Rig ran for 48 hrs with v11.2

Now its back to its frustrating bug that stop at pool/solo version and just hangs the whole rig.

Tried everything again from re-unzipping claymore compressed file, adding exceptions in Win Defender, making sure no trojan detected but to no avail.

Help! @claymore  Embarrassed

I have the same problem with one of my rigs from friday.
driver reinstall - nothing
do windows update - nothing
change driver version, 4 different, - nothing
rig always hang.

then I try GPU testing one by one and I found problems with GPU1. GPU work, installed driver, graphics output works but when I try to mine with Claymore or other miner soft, rig freeze, only reset.

So I run rig without this faulty GPU and all work OK now.

Tomorrow I try BIOS reflash and see...

For this issue I was able to resolve it by upgrading to 18.3.1 AMD driver although my cards (gigabyte gaming 570) that used to hash 29 to 29.6 are now down to 28.3Mh - I wonder what happened. But at least they aren't hanging now and happily mining.

This is for a guy anyway - I only tweaked it for him (bios mod, windows install, test).
Activity: 17

example:

friend you could solve the problem of the fans
I have been several days and I can not configure the fans in fixed speed
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
90*c is good, right?
Had a really odd one today.

All of the miners at a specific location switched to no devfee mining by themselves.

Between me and a friend we have 15+ rigs here, running different versions of claymore eth. Mine are all on 11.1, his are a mix of 10 and 11.
Network has a failover in case the main internet goes down.

Rigs at 2 other locations didn't have any issues.

Any ideas on WTF actually happened?
Activity: 30
Hi claymore

Can I request a feature that detects a corrupt dag file (e.g. 3 incorrect shares in a row on a single GPU) and then purges and recreates the dag file from scratch? Ideally just on the GPU getting the incorrect shares if that's possible?

It's rare but every now and then one of my GPU starts getting 100% incorrect shares and needs a restart. The program doesn't detect this as an error so takes no action.
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
Rig ran for 48 hrs with v11.2

Now its back to its frustrating bug that stop at pool/solo version and just hangs the whole rig.

Tried everything again from re-unzipping claymore compressed file, adding exceptions in Win Defender, making sure no trojan detected but to no avail.

Help! @claymore  Embarrassed

I have the same problem with one of my rigs from friday.
driver reinstall - nothing
do windows update - nothing
change driver version, 4 different, - nothing
rig always hang.

then I try GPU testing one by one and I found problems with GPU1. GPU work, installed driver, graphics output works but when I try to mine with Claymore or other miner soft, rig freeze, only reset.

So I run rig without this faulty GPU and all work OK now.

Tomorrow I try BIOS reflash and see...

Activity: 62

You need to make this miner multithreaded. The CPU's have plenty of power but you're using only one core. The miner can't make use of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th.... etc. cores.
Activity: 1
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
Just a cosmetic but driving me crazy. Hitting "s" key to display more info. All AMD cards are listed nicelly row by row, but NVIDIA cards are listed with one emty row between them - annoying. Can you Claymore please display NV cards the same as AMDs? Thanks a lot...
Activity: 4
Hi pals! What is the best amd driver for this version of claymore, what is your recommendation, kindly give me some of your thoughts.. Thanks

Running 18.2.1 on my rigs, not having any stability issues, others have reported 18.2.2 as working well also. I suspect any of the most recent drivers are fine as AMD have integrated the "block chain" optimised functionality into their drivers which is accessed by choosing "compute" instead of "graphics" in the settings

so the latest drivers include the blockchain fix using compute feature? do you have a link to this?

windows decides to install some amd drivers several times now and do not want to go the uninstall/install saga again if the latest drivers are good.
Thx

Here's the AMD support page on how to select compute for blockchain mining, as Bidrago above said, its been there in all the AMD driver releases for a while now

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-024.aspx

Activity: 312
Hi pals! What is the best amd driver for this version of claymore, what is your recommendation, kindly give me some of your thoughts.. Thanks

Running 18.2.1 on my rigs, not having any stability issues, others have reported 18.2.2 as working well also. I suspect any of the most recent drivers are fine as AMD have integrated the "block chain" optimised functionality into their drivers which is accessed by choosing "compute" instead of "graphics" in the settings

so the latest drivers include the blockchain fix using compute feature? do you have a link to this?

windows decides to install some amd drivers several times now and do not want to go the uninstall/install saga again if the latest drivers are good.
Thx

Yes they have since august. I'm using 18.3.1
Activity: 162

Thx
Activity: 11
I often get PM with asking for some private versions. I added the answer to FAQ, with almost no success. So I have to say again and again:
I never had any private versions of any miner. Not a single one.
Any private versions of my miners are pure scam, they do not exist.

Sorry, just trolling Smiley
Jump to: