Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 353. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Windows keeps flagging new version up as a Trojan.
Activity: 56
for me 11.1 is more stable version. on 11.2 i get crash evry 10 min...

I also had same problems, not every 10 minutes but crashed twice in 24 hours. I'm mining with 8 gpu since 4 months and never had a single crash with previous Claymore versions, something wrong with 11.2
Activity: 28
Merit: 2
@Claymore
Please get dev-fee with 14444 port or make a option for change it.
My ISP don't let me connect to 4444 and 5555 ports.

ETH: Stratum - Cannot connect to eu1.ethermine.org:5555
DevFee: ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
i have stale shares from 10~40%.. is it normal? and how to fix it.. it is sapphire rx 580 nitro + 8gb

No its not normal, the new version should at least minimize the stale shares, check your pool latency, and pool servers, choose the server nearest to you and ensure you have a stable connection. if still has a lot stales, change pool

i use ethermine europe.. and ping shows 43ms min, 50ms max, and average is 46ms.. It is usualy average 50ms...
My internet connection ping is 9ms.. So i gess it is to pool or software.. Right now it is 5% and past few hours was 0%...
So there is period with huge stale shares, and there is period with 0%
You think it is pool ? Which one pool do you suggest ?

You can test the server us1, it is quite stable. 4% - 5% stale shares in general.
Activity: 36
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006
thanx for the update.

my rx 480s are working quite fine and stable on V11.2

So my windows defender finally decided to update and guess what.. it detects .exe as a virus.
but here is the solution.

Goto windows defender > Virus tab > virus protection > add exclusion. Then choose folder and select the whole desktop. From here on out just extract the miner on the desktop and your good. what i do personally is have a custom folder and keep deleting and extracting the new version in the same folder while keeping my customs bat files.

@claymore: maybe this is the reason that those files are recognized as virus in google drive?
Activity: 5
Hi guys, about dual ETH + XVG, how many coins do you actually get on daily basis and which HW and pool do you use?
It used to be a lot several weeks ago when Claymore introduced blake2s with 11.0. Around 700-80 coins/day with 6x RX580 if I remember well, even though all pools were very unstable at the time. Where do we stand today?

Thanks
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
Welcome to our pool, blake2s coins added, two weeks 0% fee!!!
http://impulsemine.xyz/
Activity: 3
Another interesting effect, that hashrate reported to the pool is very stable. During last 20 hours it stuck at 145.1 and didn't change. Very good.
Activity: 1
Claymore
I truly enjoy the latest 11.2 but when it mines dev fee it shows

DevFee: ETH: 03/04/18-16:55:57 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 3)
ETH: Received error: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":13,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Worknotfound"}}
DevFee: stop mining and disconnect
Activity: 41
i have stale shares from 10~40%.. is it normal? and how to fix it.. it is sapphire rx 580 nitro + 8gb

No its not normal, the new version should at least minimize the stale shares, check your pool latency, and pool servers, choose the server nearest to you and ensure you have a stable connection. if still has a lot stales, change pool

i use ethermine europe.. and ping shows 43ms min, 50ms max, and average is 46ms.. It is usualy average 50ms...
My internet connection ping is 9ms.. So i gess it is to pool or software.. Right now it is 5% and past few hours was 0%...

yeah probably on a pool, Ethermine is a decent one, been using it quiet a long time, no complaints about it, just observe if stales are frequent try to change pool locations.

this is a great thread explaining about stales

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-reduce-stale-shares-2804069

i gess its pool.. will try another one to see difference.. but i never have so huge stale shares with miner V10.2
Is it safe to use that one ?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
I installed new 11.2 and now Win10 defender reports (coinminer bit trojan) and removes claymore. What to do? deactive defender, will that be safe?

Add the Claymore app to exclusions

see this topic

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-defender-antivirus

Claymore should add this link to the first post in section where he discusses miner being recognized as virus on Windows.

Probably not needed as he already stated what to do

from fist page

KNOWN ISSUES

- Windows 10 Defender recognizes miner as a virus, some antiviruses do the same. Miner is not a virus, add it to Defender exceptions.
  I write miners since 2014. Most of them are recognized as viruses by some paranoid antiviruses, perhaps because I pack my miners to protect them from disassembling, perhaps because some people include them into their botnets, or perhaps these antiviruses are not good, I don't know. For these years, a lot of people used my miners and nobody confirmed that my miner stole anything or did something bad.
  Note that I can guarantee clean binaries only for official links in my posts on this forum (bitcointalk). If you downloaded miner from some other link - it really can be a virus.
  However, my miners are closed-source so I cannot prove that they are not viruses. If you think that I write viruses instead of good miners - do not use this miner, or at least use it on systems without any valuable data.

Activity: 12
for me 11.1 is more stable version. on 11.2 i get crash evry 10 min...
Activity: 25
I installed new 11.2 and now Win10 defender reports (coinminer bit trojan) and removes claymore. What to do? deactive defender, will that be safe?

see this topic

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-defender-antivirus

Claymore should add this link to the first post in section where he discusses miner being recognized as virus on Windows.
Grow with community

yeah probably on a pool, Ethermine is a decent one, been using it quiet a long time, no complaints about it, just observe if stales are frequent try to change pool locations.

this is a great thread explaining about stales

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-reduce-stale-shares-2804069
Grow with community

see this topic

Activity: 165
Activity: 56
Hello, since Im, using ethermine server with SSL I'm reporting very low effective and actual rate,  before I was around 204 now dropped to 190. I have 0 invalid shares and stale around 5%. Anyone had same issue? Don't know if it is Claymore or Ethermine, switching back to non SSL server to see what happens.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zr3wcbb8zds78rl/ssl.jpg?dl=0
Activity: 41

Grow with community
did anyone here experience there MINER shutsdown every 12midnight?

the thing is i can see my miner ON in team viewer.. im thinking that this is some kind of a malware... Angry

It might be that your Rig crashes and Hangs with OS, so basically you will see it in Teamviewer unresponsibly. if this is indeed a fixed time scenario, check any windows schedules such as Updates, Sleep, Monitor, Hibernate etc. in some cases might be an OC issues or a riser issues.
Jump to: