Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 355. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0
v11.2:
- some improvements in AMD GPU kernels, it can increase hashrate a bit in some cases.

+1% hashrate confirmed on RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB (Hynix) with v11.2

Had to set -dcri to 10 though (single mining ETH)

Many thanks Mr. Claymore

Only thing that sucks is that the clock settings are not activated on first startup if rig had a restart. Bit that occured on previous versions too. When I start second time it's ok. Maybe this can be fixed that would be great.

I had this symptom (among others). It only went away after a clean Windows installation (tried DDU and other things many, many times).

If you go down this road, make sure you do absolutely everything you can to block Windows Updates

I turn off win update in services and stop process but after restart sometimes it turns on again.
Any other way to Completely Block updates?
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
v11.2:
- some improvements in AMD GPU kernels, it can increase hashrate a bit in some cases.

+1% hashrate confirmed on RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB (Hynix) with v11.2

Had to set -dcri to 10 though (single mining ETH)

Many thanks Mr. Claymore

Only thing that sucks is that the clock settings are not activated on first startup if rig had a restart. Bit that occured on previous versions too. When I start second time it's ok. Maybe this can be fixed that would be great.

I had this symptom (among others). It only went away after a clean Windows installation (tried DDU and other things many, many times).

If you go down this road, make sure you do absolutely everything you can to block Windows Updates
Activity: 45
Good update v11.2, moved to it and I see less stale share on ethermine, thanks!
Can you please tell me what is the best "ethi" value for RX580 cards?
Activity: 67
Thanks man.
Went from 175 to 177 and 172 to 174 on my rigs.
Also dual  for xvg went up to over 19ghz from 18,5 ghz
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal/Blake2s/Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.
=========================

Latest version is v11.2:

- reduced some delays, it will cause a bit less stale shares.

Working fine for now.

nice work claymore

Hash rate up by about 0.2 per card

POWER has gone up by 1.25w per card

Not sure if the increased hash is worth the increased power- unless performance improvement of reduced stale shares offsets it
will check for 24 hours

Thank for the new update, Claymore.

Have been running the latest v11.2 overnight and see the following:
- rx580 8gb up from 30.6 to 30.8 Mh/s
- Vega 56 no change
- Vega 64 up from 44.1 to 44.3 Mh/s
Stale shares at ethermine down from 6 % to 5 %.

Nice Smiley

Edit:
I just restarted my miner (only the .bat file) and now suddenly one of my cards drops from 44 Mhs to 34 Mh (after 5 mins running). Keeps hashing at 34 for 30-40 secs and then back to 44. Don't think I have seen this before...

Yeah happened to my Vega 64 as well..dropped from 44mh to 29mh for some time..

It happens to my R9 390. They drop from original hash for  10-20 seconds, then come up to the original speed again for a 10-30 minutes, then drop again.
Activity: 38
Guys,

please give some advice to total noob. What to mine with ETH on claymore today. Is it possible to mine ETH and ZEC or Zcoin...at same time or one could only set 3 cards ETH 3 Cards ZEC/Zcoin. It is very confusing right now I am lost. Is ETH or ZEC like main currencies to mine and I need to find some "low profile" coin as addition to this main currency...I mean what currencies can be mixed that is what is confusing me mostly. I am using rig with 6x1070 Asus dual OC cards

Thank you for all your help
Activity: 3
Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal/Blake2s/Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.
=========================

Latest version is v11.2:

- reduced some delays, it will cause a bit less stale shares.

Working fine for now.

nice work claymore

Hash rate up by about 0.2 per card

POWER has gone up by 1.25w per card

Not sure if the increased hash is worth the increased power- unless performance improvement of reduced stale shares offsets it
will check for 24 hours

Thank for the new update, Claymore.

Have been running the latest v11.2 overnight and see the following:
- rx580 8gb up from 30.6 to 30.8 Mh/s
- Vega 56 no change
- Vega 64 up from 44.1 to 44.3 Mh/s
Stale shares at ethermine down from 6 % to 5 %.

Nice Smiley

Edit:
I just restarted my miner (only the .bat file) and now suddenly one of my cards drops from 44 Mhs to 34 Mh (after 5 mins running). Keeps hashing at 34 for 30-40 secs and then back to 44. Don't think I have seen this before...

Yeah happened to my Vega 64 as well..dropped from 44mh to 29mh for some time..
Activity: 65
11.2 Seems to have given a .25MH/s increase on all my rx580 8gbs except one, which has dropped by 1 MH =\
Activity: 168
reporting it just now

i just tested pm's miner with fan control options, his fan control is accurate while ever since i use claymore, fan control is not accurate.

for example, i set -tt -60
fan % is way higher than 60.

and so is fanmin and fanmax

can you check on this please?

thanks.

driver: adrenalin december release
gpu: powercolor rx 570 4gb red devil and sapphire rx570 nitro+ 4gb/8gb
Activity: 312
How to use -powlim ?
-powlim -30 (the gpu is limited to 70% power usage?)
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
good job claymore! increase hash, dropped stale share
Activity: 59
I read that ddr5 memory voltage cannot be changed. What you change is the memory controller voltage. Ever since I learnt this I have never touched memory voltage again.

Are you using RX580 Nitro+ 8GB cards? can you share your bat file please.
I dont know what happened but it just started accepting core voltage. Now it shows 870mv in HwInfo and GPU-Z as well.
is 870mv good for core voltage for these cards when dual mine ETH+XVG?

No. Msi rx 570 gaming x 4G, Hynix ram. I use afterburner. Voltages are from -140 to - 130, core : 1100, mem: 2020. It can do 2040, but isn’t stable with lots of Mem Errors. I used to use  overdriventool but the settings didn’t stick.
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
Hi, guys, I am new in the mine business, I live in Spain and I would like you to recommend me which video cards to buy, with good hash and low energy consumption.

This is what a got so far:

Asrock H110 Pro BTC+
Intel Celeron G3930 2.9Ghz
Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 PC4-21300 8GB 2X4GB CL15
HDD 80 GB
EVGA Supernova 1000 G3 1000W 80 Plus Gold Modular
Riser Card PCI-E Express
GPU = unknown

I would like your opinion, I do not judge anyone

Thank you

if budget is not an issue I recommend 1070ti
ETH 31.3mh/s
125-128w

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2324651.320

The real challenge is how to get them easily with a decent price Grin

Anything past 1060 is a waste for ETH. Use the card's powerful GPU to mine something more profitable and then exchange it to ETH if you love it so much.
Activity: 59
Claymore claims dual mining doesn’t hurt eth mining performance, but this is not true. I tried eth+xvg and eth hashrate dropped from 174 to about 160. Changed DCR1 to 4 and eth increased to 169. Back to eth only mining fast.
My rig: 6x rx 570 4G.

Hello, for xvg the dcri value needs to be 35-45, I find that range doesn't affect ETH hashrate

Thank you. I’ll give it a go and report the result.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
Hi, guys, I am new in the mine business, I live in Spain and I would like you to recommend me which video cards to buy, with good hash and low energy consumption.

Asrock H110 Pro BTC+
HDD 80 GB
Riser Card PCI-E Express
GPU = unknown

Thank you

if budget is not an issue I recommend 1070ti
ETH 31.3mh/s
125-128w

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2324651.320

The real challenge is how to get them easily with a decent price Grin
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
Good job, stale shares dropped and speed improved a bit.
Activity: 2

Asrock H110 Pro BTC+
HDD 80 GB
Riser Card PCI-E Express
GPU = unknown

Thank you
Activity: 61
I noticed a higher Total speed in Claymore v11.2 of about 1mh/s. I'm mining with 3x rx480 + 3x rx580 in that rig. It's not that much, but 1mh/s for free is nice too  Grin

For my R9 390, the speed increase is about 0.3%.
Activity: 3
Just tested new version (11.2).

Can confirm that is really increase hashrate slightly.

With previous version I had ~144, now it's grows to 145.

My config is: 2x XFX RX580 8Gb (with BIOS mods) and 3x Sapphire RX470 8Gb mining edition (stock BIOS).

Thanks.

Activity: 248
Merit: 27
I noticed a higher Total speed in Claymore v11.2 of about 1mh/s. I'm mining with 3x rx480 + 3x rx580 in that rig. It's not that much, but 1mh/s for free is nice too  Grin
Jump to: