Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 356. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 0
OC not working first time miner is running? Using start.bat

I have OC set in my config
-cclock 1150
-cvddc 0850
-mclock 2000
-mvddc 850
-tt 57

The first time miner starts all gpus hashing 24.9 mh/s in eth.

If I close the miner window and open start.bat (which contains gpu force etc as mentioned on first page) the miner starts and gpus is hashing 30.x mh/s

Amd 18.2.3 drivers, compute mode enabled. (Trixx, wattman and amd settings etc is not installed).

-cvddc 850 not -cvddc 0850

Yeah right. 1050 means 1.05V.
0850 means 0.850V.
Activity: 55

-cclock 1150
-cvddc 0850
-mclock 2000
-mvddc 850
-tt 57

If I close the miner window and open start.bat (which contains gpu force etc as mentioned on first page) the miner starts and gpus is hashing 30.x mh/s

Amd 18.2.3 drivers, compute mode enabled. (Trixx, wattman and amd settings etc is not installed).

-cvddc 850 not -cvddc 0850
Activity: 312

-cclock 1150
-cvddc 0850
-mclock 2000
-mvddc 850
-tt 57

Activity: 3
Hi guys,

need help can you give me example of start.bat text if i want to dual mining for Ethereum + Lbry i have tryed but getting:

LBC: Authorization failed
: (null)
ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #172...
server: bind failed with error: 10048 (port for remote management is busy, use different -mport value), next attempt in 20sec...

ty

nvrm i have find my mistake
Activity: 7
I'm eth-only mining and one of my cards, a Vega 56, performs best at "-decri 1." Any suggestions for improving upon the hash of that card with Claymore? The "-asm 2" config doesn't seem to make a difference.
Activity: 80
My effective hashrate on the pool is a bit lower with 11.2 than with 11.0 on GTX 1070 mining ETH.

There was no change on nvidia side. So your argument is not valid.

But beginning from 11.0 core code was updated. I have regression of hashrate beginning from 11.0 for my GTX-1070 cards. In 10.6 hasrate one of 6 cards is like the same, but beginning from 11.0, one or two cards randomly has less hashrate then others. For example my average hashrate is 31.7 per card. In Claymore 10.6 all cards have hashrate about 31.7 (a little +\-), but beginning from Claymore 11.0 one or two cards can have 30, 29, and less. It is strange.

So looks like something was broken in the core of miner.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
My effective hashrate on the pool is a bit lower with 11.2 than with 11.0 on GTX 1070 mining ETH.

There was no change on nvidia side. So your argument is not valid.

Which version of CUDA dll do you use?

And can you compare your hashrate with Claymore 10.6?
Activity: 25
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
Also my hashrate is way more stable now. It was varying by up to 30-40mhs with v11.0 now v11.2 its rock solid. If it also improves effective hashrate you are on a winner
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
Update has got me a few extra mhs. Somewhere between 2-3 extra on 6gpu rig.
Keep up the good work bro
I read that ddr5 memory voltage cannot be changed. What you change is the memory controller voltage. Ever since I learnt this I have never touched memory voltage again.

Are you using RX580 Nitro+ 8GB cards? can you share your bat file please.
I dont know what happened but it just started accepting core voltage. Now it shows 870mv in HwInfo and GPU-Z as well.
is 870mv good for core voltage for these cards when dual mine ETH+XVG?
Hi. All you are talking about hashrate increasing. Looks like you all use AMD cards. For my farm with 6 ASUS GTX-1070 ROG STRIX hashrate beginning from 11.0 version is decreased. Yesterday I tested updated 11.2 version and nothing changes. Claymore 10.6 is the latest version in which I have stable good hashrate. It is between 189.9 and 190. Beginning from 11.0 I have between 182 and 185, sometimes 188, sometimes 176 Sad I use CUDA 9.1 files of Claymore in all versions: 10.6, 11.0, 11.1, 11.2.

Claymore, can you comment this point?
Activity: 17
Claymore claims dual mining doesn’t hurt eth mining performance, but this is not true. I tried eth+xvg and eth hashrate dropped from 174 to about 160. Changed DCR1 to 4 and eth increased to 169. Back to eth only mining fast.
My rig: 6x rx 570 4G.

Hello, for xvg the dcri value needs to be 35-45, I find that range doesn't affect ETH hashrate
Activity: 59
Claymore claims dual mining doesn’t hurt eth mining performance, but this is not true. I tried eth+xvg and eth hashrate dropped from 174 to about 160. Changed DCR1 to 4 and eth increased to 169. Back to eth only mining fast.
My rig: 6x rx 570 4G.
Activity: 59

You also need to reduce the ram voltage. Set both to 870mv and the core voltage will drop

Are you sure about that? Why we use cvddc and mvddc separately then? The point is to set core and memory voltages separately right?
I dont think its neccesarily to have same voltages for core and memory. Also i think 870mv memory voltage is too low for dual mining eth=xvg
Memory voltage is not exactly the memory voltage. Search further if you are interested.
Just set core voltage >= memory voltage, disable all but the last P-states on both memory and core, and it will stick.

Well that means if i do not undervolt memory i cannot undervolt core, i cant understand that. Can anyone else confirm?

I read that ddr5 memory voltage cannot be changed. What you change is the memory controller voltage. Ever since I learnt this I have never touched memory voltage again.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
hmm this new version 11.2 seems to submit shares much faster , probbaly why the stales are going down

nice job claymore, btw I have written a new tool that can update multiple rigs at once via text file list of IPs, also change other settings in the
the config.txt and remotely reboot rigs etc , this would be a good peice to add to the ethmon but its wondows only though since it uses WMI

its also good for bulk updating rigs, it can copy all the claymore files from any local machine it runs on to networked windows machines using the 'upgrade existing version'
checkbox.  You can also specify it to not overwite certain flags in you config.text.

- it also will create a startup shorcut automatically as well.

-still a few bugs to be worked out and the status bar does not work atm but it runs pretty fast through my 30 rigs.

pm if interested in purchasing a copy or if you want to merge into ethmon claymore we can discuss

https://imgur.com/eAcasCy
Activity: 30
Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal/Blake2s/Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.
=========================

Latest version is v11.2:

- some improvements in AMD GPU kernels, it can increase hashrate a bit in some cases.
- reduced some delays, it will cause a bit less stale shares.

Working fine for now.

nice work claymore

Hash rate up by about 0.2 per card

POWER has gone up by 1.25w per card

Not sure if the increased hash is worth the increased power- unless performance improvement of reduced stale shares offsets it
will check for 24 hours

Thank for the new update, Claymore.

Have been running the latest v11.2 overnight and see the following:
- rx580 8gb up from 30.6 to 30.8 Mh/s
- Vega 56 no change
- Vega 64 up from 44.1 to 44.3 Mh/s
Stale shares at ethermine down from 6 % to 5 %.

Nice Smiley

Edit:
I just restarted my miner (only the .bat file) and now suddenly one of my cards drops from 44 Mhs to 34 Mh (after 5 mins running). Keeps hashing at 34 for 30-40 secs and then back to 44. Don't think I have seen this before...

You also need to reduce the ram voltage. Set both to 870mv and the core voltage will drop

Are you sure about that? Why we use cvddc and mvddc separately then? The point is to set core and memory voltages separately right?
I dont think its neccesarily to have same voltages for core and memory. Also i think 870mv memory voltage is too low for dual mining eth=xvg
Memory voltage is not exactly the memory voltage. Search further if you are interested.
Just set core voltage >= memory voltage, disable all but the last P-states on both memory and core, and it will stick.

Well that means if i do not undervolt memory i cannot undervolt core, i cant understand that. Can anyone else confirm?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hi.

I'm writing on behalf of my miner friend. He is seeing lots of false positives with watchdog. The rig is 5x 1050 ti on Windows. The err message is "GPU error, you need to restart miner". However, no GPU actually seems to hang, miner runs fine with -wd 0 option. Tried resetting to stock clocks. Tried disabling GPUs. The crazy thing is, if ALL GPUs are disabled in miner (like GPU0 Disabled GPU1 Disabled GPU2 Disabled GPU3 Disabled GPU4 Disabled) the error message remains!

Please kindly see log with -dbg 1 below (can't see attach file button here, sorry!).

05:57:40:736   10a0   ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eu1.ethermine.org' <94.23.36.128> port 4444
05:....

I'm getting the same exact errors. No idea why, and I was running stable on previous version. I'm running 6x RX 570s

Please PM me entire log files so I can check them.
Jump to: