Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 358. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

You also need to reduce the ram voltage. Set both to 870mv and the core voltage will drop

Are you sure about that? Why we use cvddc and mvddc separately then? The point is to set core and memory voltages separately right?
I dont think its neccesarily to have same voltages for core and memory. Also i think 870mv memory voltage is too low for dual mining eth=xvg
First time i see
Code:
Stratum - reading socket failed 0, disconnect
and then just reconnects

Any help?
Merit: 5
One question guys, i am using -ccvdc 870 but it looks like hwinfo shows GPU Core Clock 900mv
Why my gpu volatege set in claymore is not accepted?

HwInfo screenshot

--edit--

OverDrivenTool shows it correct 870mv

Just because you set a voltage doesn't mean the card will accept it if it's out of spec for the card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YfTL0titc&t=135s

You also need to reduce the ram voltage. Set both to 870mv and the core voltage will drop
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
using the new version, its working fine

+- the same hash speed with nvidia 1060 and 1070 here

could do a little more colors in miner screen.
 Grin
Activity: 73
Merit: 3
I remotely installed the 11.2 on my friends pc and is terrible if you disable dual mining, for example, during afternoon is blazing hot so usually turn off dual mining and when it turns dual mining off, is bad, had to reverse to v11 and this is my first time i reversed it. And to mention, 4 out of 8 gpus crashed after dag creation and only lowering the clock core a lot could make them to work again. So back to v11 on that pc and, @claymore you should investigate why updating the kernels brought such drawbacks.

I saw something similar and then changed from "-asm 2" back to "-asm 1" and the single mining went back up where it should have been.
Activity: 3
Hello

i am new here and i would like to try mining with my gaming computer and maybe in future try something more, as i understund with Claymore you can mine 2, so first is Ethereum and what would you recomend as second currency, from these 4 Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal, as i have read Sia is not worth trying (maybe i am mistaken as i am new to this Smiley )

Thank you in advance
Activity: 73
Merit: 3
v11.2:

- some improvements in AMD GPU kernels, it can increase hashrate a bit in some cases.
- reduced some delays, it will cause a bit less stale shares.

I had to re-tune with v11.2 but afterward, I'm seeing a 1.2% increase in hash (580/8GB cards) ... nicely done.  It's like getting the dev fee back. Smiley

That's ETH + Blake2s.  I would imagine ETH only would require a re-tune via -dcri as well to find the sweet spot.
preliminary results of v11.2

reported hashrate up 0.7%
rejected shares up 0.8% from zero

stales (too early to say definitivaly) but up slightly.

At this point looks net slightly worse for me.

Just saw 1 rejected share with Claymore 11.2 . I never had rejects with 11.1 before using same setting. Will keep watching it.
mine_phun

What is that Shieldcoin address on NLpool at the bottom of my screenshoot and where that Shieldcoin going that I give my hashpower for it?  Shocked

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L71obGI7Zo3FuKp36TyJBCq0X28P9DmA

Thanks for your answer in advance.

We all have these coins in our last 50 earnings but it doesnt matter for me really if i am seing them or not as long as i  receive the XVG i deserve for my 15.250 GH/s
What i mine is , as a pool owner/developer or programmer can easily change things so we just cant see the other coins on the list. So if you only see XVG maybe you will be more than happy and do not ask questions? But the real question is how much XVG you get for 24hours work.
I dont mind if i am getting payed correctly for my XVG , all the "extra coins" to go to the pool as a tip Smiley

Anyways, i am also asking where they are going , mine_puh said they will be auto exchanged but i already asked for what rate etc...
lets see...
Activity: 36
mine_phun

What is that Shieldcoin address on NLpool at the bottom of my screenshoot and where that Shieldcoin going that I give my hashpower for it?  Shocked

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L71obGI7Zo3FuKp36TyJBCq0X28P9DmA

Thanks for your answer in advance.

As for Claymore 11.2, i am running it for an hour now and i can see hashrate is littlebit higher
Currently 31.900-32.100MH/s per card (RX580 Nitro+ 8GB, Micron memory) with same settings on v.11.1 i am getting 31.600-31.850MH/s

will see what about the stale shares and rejects - i was having 0 rejects for ETH with v.11.1
Activity: 5
I am having an issue after I extract the Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.1 for Windows.  I use 7-zip and after I extract the files I cannot run or access any of the files.  I did notice that 7-zip says the host os uses fat while I have NTFS.  Should I use a different program to extract the files?  I did try winrar as well.

Thank you.

Have you downloaded the program from the oficial link?

https://mega.nz/#F!O4YA2JgD!n2b4iSHQDruEsYUvTQP5_w

Yes I did.  Other zips I download work fine, it is just the newer dual miner that I have this issue.

In case it helps anyone else, with 7-zip I had to do a copy to instead of the normal extract files for the files to work.
Did you try drag and drop or what? Latest 7-zip works fine for me so that doesn't really make any sense...

--ypsi

When I extracted the files from the context menu, for some reason I could not access the files.  What I had to do was open the zip with 7-zip and do a copy to... from the file menu and it worked.  I don't know what the difference is, but it is what I had to do to be able to run the program.

Just because you set a voltage doesn't mean the card will accept it if it's out of spec for the card.

You mine 900mv is the minimum for RX580 nitro 8GB ?

Then why OverDriven tool shows the core voltage to be 870 and hwinfo shows all 10 cards at 900mv (when some are 870 and some 920)

--edit--

The guy here -> http://1stminingrig.com/use-new-claymores-dual-ethereum-gpu-miner-v11-0-blake2s-keccak-algorithms/#Sapphire_RX_580_8GB_Samsung_Memory
uses

Clocks 1200 / 2150
-cvddc 850 -mvddc 900
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
One question guys, i am using -ccvdc 870 but it looks like hwinfo shows GPU Core Clock 900mv

HwInfo screenshot

--edit--

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
When i use version 11.2 instead of 10.6, i lose 1mh/s per card and they also consume less power (7-10W/card)

to me it is not so great:

windows 10, 5 sapphire RX580 8GB pulse - hynix memory, blockchain driver

You're using the wrong driver for RX 570/580's on Windows 10 v1709. The current AMD drivers in compute mode are optimized for Windows 10 v1709 FCU. Those are the fastest drivers to use with RX 570/580 cards. The only reason to use the blockchain drivers on Windows v1709 with RX 570/580's is some old miners like SGminer don't work with the latest drivers.

HwInfo screenshot
https://image.ibb.co/jiMwF7/gpu.png

--edit--

https://image.ibb.co/cCRrhn/Overdrive_NTool.png
Activity: 1
When i use version 11.2 instead of 10.6, i lose 1mh/s per card and they also consume less power (7-10W/card)

to me it is not so great:

windows 10, 5 sapphire RX580 8GB pulse - hynix memory, blockchain driver
wip
Activity: 8
Latest version gave a nice small boost (v11.2), i will have the program running for 24hours and revert or change command lines.

Br
Wip
Activity: 9
Guys is there a way to mod a RX580 so it can mine eth ath 2000+ mclock? everytime i go more than 2000 memory speed windows crashes. Is there a way to add another memory strap at 2250?

Sure, with RX 580 Gaming X 8G, Ellesmere, hybrid Hynix/Samsung memory and a simple bios mod:

1:1750 > 1:2000
2:1750 > 2:2000 & 2:2250

Beta Blockchain Driver.

-dcri 44
-cclock 1250
-cvddc 950
-mvddc 925
-mclock 2225

31.25 Mh/s ETH
1.37 Gh/s XVG

Can this be done with the Nitro+ 4GB elpida? i mean the supstitution of memory straps should work on every gpu right?
i will try the voltage settings and get back to you. thnx dude.
Activity: 11
This is the first time that EthDcrMiner64.exe is detected by Avast as a FileRepMetagen Malware. Is it safe?
Jump to: