Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 360. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
v11.2:

- some improvements in AMD GPU kernels, it can increase hashrate a bit in some cases.
- reduced some delays, it will cause a bit less stale shares.

I have rx480+4x470x, the perfomance drop 1-1,2MH/s per card in v11.2
Activity: 5
Can confirm I see an 1Mh/s overall increase on my AMD rig with v11.2.
Activity: 7
Hello everyone,

I hope I can find a solution to this problem here, it seems that I am not the only one that has gone through this. (I have yet to fix with solutions I've seen so far)

First I will show you what I am running so far:

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit OS
1 Gigabyte GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8GB  (4 others on the way, so I'm freaking out) - It is on a powered riser.
1200 W EVGA Titanium 80 Plus PSU Fully Modular
MSI Z270 A PRO MOBO
Celeron Processor
4GB DDR4 RAM
64GB SSD

My rig starts normally and begins to mine with no issues ,  then either 40 minutes later or 2 hours later the computer crashes and shuts down completely.

Error Message in red text:
NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)
WATCHDOG: GPU 0 Hangs in OpenCL call, you need to restart miner  Sad
WATCHDOG: GPU 0 Hangs in OpenCL call, you need to restart miner  Sad
ETH: No new jobs were received for 10 mins - something is wrong with pool

Things I have tried:
1. Switched powered risers on the card
2. Re-installing NVIDIA drivers to the latest version including CUDA 9.1
3.Updated MSI BIOS
4. Kept OC settings to default.
5. Changed DNS servers to Googles
6.Manually connected to Stratum using Nanopools IP.

Should I dump nanopool and claymore entirely and move on to another software ?

Please if anyone out there has fixed this issue any help would be much appreciated I am completely stuck.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v11.2:

- some improvements in AMD GPU kernels, it can increase hashrate a bit in some cases.
- reduced some delays, it will cause a bit less stale shares.
Activity: 41
is it safe to use 10.2?
I have to much stale shares with new claymore..
Maybe its not up to miner, but stale shares went hight.. from 10% to 90%
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
There are no AMD miners for X17, this algo gets quite popular lately. Perhaps Claymore could fill that hole?  Cheesy
Activity: 5
I am having an issue after I extract the Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.1 for Windows.  I use 7-zip and after I extract the files I cannot run or access any of the files.  I did notice that 7-zip says the host os uses fat while I have NTFS.  Should I use a different program to extract the files?  I did try winrar as well.

Thank you.

Have you downloaded the program from the oficial link?

https://mega.nz/#F!O4YA2JgD!n2b4iSHQDruEsYUvTQP5_w

Yes I did.  Other zips I download work fine, it is just the newer dual miner that I have this issue.

In case it helps anyone else, with 7-zip I had to do a copy to instead of the normal extract files for the files to work.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
@Claymore

Hi,

I am wondering if you have plans to create a miner for RavenCoin (X16r algo). I would very much like to mine this coin but there is no AMD miner yet.
There is $500k Ravencoin bounty to produce a working AMD miner.

Check here https://ravencoin.org/ and here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2752467

and this https://cointelegraph.com/news/overstock-ceo-puts-millions-of-dollars-into-unknown-coin-compares-to-bitcoin

Cheers,
Shallowgas

Maybe Wolf0 would be interested. He's worked with X algorithm kernels for SGminer in the past when x11 spin offs were popular.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
@Claymore

Hi,

I am wondering if you have plans to create a miner for RavenCoin (X16r algo). I would very much like to mine this coin but there is no AMD miner yet.

Check here https://ravencoin.org/ and here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2752467

and this https://cointelegraph.com/news/overstock-ceo-puts-millions-of-dollars-into-unknown-coin-compares-to-bitcoin

Cheers,
Shallowgas

I don't plan to create x16r miner, sorry.
Activity: 12
@Claymore

Hi,

Cheers,
Shallowgas
Activity: 56
@Premiermine

For me it will be easy to test how profitable is mining on your pool because I am here from start.

Block reward of 1560 XVG multiplied with percent of my shares (currently it is about 1.5-1.6%) should be approximately 23-24 XVG.  Even if I get this sum for 48h of dual mining it will be great result - 12 XVG per 24h with 3000 Mh/s which is close with WTM calculations (12.2 per day) On other pools I got between 7-10 XVG for 24h with same parameters. So pools fees of 0.4-0.5% for XVG are not the only profit for most of their owners. I hope your minig pool will prove this and in that case I am ready to pay more than 1% for mining pool fee!

For some normal work in future, you will need at least 1-2 Th/s pool hash-rate power because many people are not ready to wait 24h or more hours to see any result of their mining. I saw many of them comes, spent few hours and leave pool because don't understand how it works or just didn't have patience. 

I think you should open new topic for pool relative posts.

I have already opened the new topic.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xvg-pool-premium-miner-0-fee-until-beta-no-hidden-fees-3048992
Activity: 1
Hi,

So i wonder how i can make my rig restart when it hangs in windows. I Added -r 1 and i also made a "reboot.bat" in same folder, is there something im missing?´ Huh

REBOOT.BAT
shutdown /r /t 5 /f

ETH.BAT
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal "Wallet" -epsw x -fanmin 70 -fanmax 70 -tt -70 -r 1

Activity: 4
Hello guys! I have one problem I set my 580 8GB rigs to do dual mining on black2s with an dcri 45 and I don't have any hashrate drops from ethereum but when I try to set the cards 580/570 with only 4GB I can make a proper settings to don't have drops on my ethereum hashrate evan if I set dcri to 20.. How we can set the 4GB cards to don't have drops? any idea guys?

With dcri 20 I still have less with around 10-5 MH/s on 6 570 4 GB cards. Thanks!
Activity: 20
Sorry to hear you are getting a DDOS attack, must be frustrating.  I'm almost @ 24 hrs on your pool.  Fingers crossed.

@Premiermine

For me it will be easy to test how profitable is mining on your pool because I am here from start.

Block reward of 1560 XVG multiplied with percent of my shares (currently it is about 1.5-1.6%) should be approximately 23-24 XVG.  Even if I get this sum for 48h of dual mining it will be great result - 12 XVG per 24h with 3000 Mh/s which is close with WTM calculations (12.2 per day) On other pools I got between 7-10 XVG for 24h with same parameters. So pools fees of 0.4-0.5% for XVG are not the only profit for most of their owners. I hope your minig pool will prove this and in that case I am ready to pay more than 1% for mining pool fee!

For some normal work in future, you will need at least 1-2 Th/s pool hash-rate power because many people are not ready to wait 24h or more hours to see any result of their mining. I saw many of them comes, spent few hours and leave pool because don't understand how it works or just didn't have patience.  

Hi,

I believe that all people should think about a long-term relationship. I have been mining for only two years, there are people who have been mining since 2009, almost 10 years. Some pools attract people with 0% FEE, they have a lot of hashrate and people start to see money in their wallet very fast, I respect it, but sometimes the leaf does not allow to see the forest, while 30-50% of yours coins are being robbed. 30-50% How much money do they lose for a month? and in a year? Its a lot of money.

The beginnings are always difficult. As I write these lines I am monitoring 24 ip from different parts of the world launching 10,000 connections each per second against our pool, it is a DDOS attack, since the first minute of the pool launch, I was wondering how long it would take the rival pools to launch a DDOS, we already have response, less than 24 hours.

It is clear that there are people who do not like competition, they have a very lucrative business, they do not want to leave space for honest and humble people who want to do things well, why not say it, earning a little money in return after beta test, 1% in exchange for making it easier for people to mine. Everyone wins.

I just hope that more people join so we can get enough hashrate for all of us to win. I commit to reinvest to have a better infrastructure that allows us to be up.

Let's hope that the first block arrives. Good idea, as soon as I can, I open the new topic in Alt Coins -> Pools.

Thanks!
Activity: 28
Merit: 2
Hi,
I'm from Iran and unfortunately in my country, ISPs block most known ports like 4444 and 5555 for all users.
For this reason i'm always using 14444 port in mining with ethermine.org and don't have problems until claymore update 11.1.
Now in update 11.1 claymore use eu1.ethermine.org:5555 with ssl connection for devfees thats can't open for me and my mining just repeat:

devfee: Connot connecting to eu1.ethermine.org:5555
Retry in 20 Seconds

devfee: Connot connecting to eu1.ethermine.org:5555
Retry in 20 Seconds

Cry

I have to re-use 11.0 for this problem.
Please make a option that let users fully disable SSL also for devfee and like 11.0 version devfee uses same server port as we choose in command line.
 Kiss

Sorry for my bad English because my first language is not English.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
I'm new to Claymore and have been using v11. If this new version doesn't appear to benefit me, is there a point in updating? Or am I safe just sticking with what's working for me?

Looking just for the release notes of the new version, I didn’t update too. I don’t think 11.1 have any thing to improve mine performance

what exactly do you mean by the mining performance?
Activity: 56
@Premiermine

Block reward of 1560 XVG multiplied with percent of my shares (currently it is about 1.5-1.6%) should be approximately 23-24 XVG.  Even if I get this sum for 48h of dual mining it will be great result - 12 XVG per 24h with 3000 Mh/s which is close with WTM calculations (12.2 per day) On other pools I got between 7-10 XVG for 24h with same parameters. So pools fees of 0.4-0.5% for XVG are not the only profit for most of their owners. I hope your minig pool will prove this and in that case I am ready to pay more than 1% for mining pool fee!

Hi,

I believe that all people should think about a long-term relationship. I have been mining for only two years, there are people who have been mining since 2009, almost 10 years. Some pools attract people with 0% FEE, they have a lot of hashrate and people start to see money in their wallet very fast, I respect it, but sometimes the leaf does not allow to see the forest, while 30-50% of yours coins are being robbed. 30-50% How much money do they lose for a month? and in a year? Its a lot of money.

The beginnings are always difficult. As I write these lines I am monitoring 24 ip from different parts of the world launching 10,000 connections each per second against our pool, it is a DDOS attack, since the first minute of the pool launch, I was wondering how long it would take the rival pools to launch a DDOS, we already have response, less than 24 hours.

It is clear that there are people who do not like competition, they have a very lucrative business, they do not want to leave space for honest and humble people who want to do things well, why not say it, earning a little money in return after beta test, 1% in exchange for making it easier for people to mine. Everyone wins.

I just hope that more people join so we can get enough hashrate for all of us to win. I commit to reinvest to have a better infrastructure that allows us to be up.

Let's hope that the first block arrives. Good idea, as soon as I can, I open the new topic in Alt Coins -> Pools.

Thanks!
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
I'm new to Claymore and have been using v11. If this new version doesn't appear to benefit me, is there a point in updating? Or am I safe just sticking with what's working for me?

Looking just for the release notes of the new version, I didn’t update too. I don’t think 11.1 have any thing to improve mine performance
Activity: 31
If anyone is looking for an blake2s XVG pool try my new dedicated mining pool. 0% Fees. Basically started the pool cause in having trouble with the other pools going down and the low rewards. 0% till June. Absolutely no hidden fees. Server has been running stable for a week.

NEW VERGE XVG Pool - blake2s Pool 0% FEES

http://korepool.com

Claymore Settings:
-dpool stratum+tcp://korepool.com:5766 -dwal WALLET_ADDRESS -dcoin blake2s -dpsw c=XVG

Claymore Dpools.txt
POOL: stratum+tcp://korepool.com:5766, WALLET: WALLET_ADDRESS, PSW: c=XVG

Happy Mining Everyone.

Activity: 9
Jump to: