Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 364. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 1
Having an issue... As I good remember I didnt read about that here before. I have 3 rigs 1x 7xSapphire RX580Nitro+LE / 1x 7xSapphire RX580Nitro+OC / 1x 3xSapphire RX580Nitro+OC. All cards are bios modded.
I use the same settings in all my rigs and DUAL mining ETH+XVG.

mem: 2200mhz / 885mv
core: 1180mhz / 885mv

Today I check all my rigs with HWinfo and on my 1st rig with LE cards, all GPUs has a bunch of memorie errors. Other 2  rigs has zero or a few mem errors. Im play with mem/core/mv settings and try all possible but no change in mem errors. The other thing is that Claymore shows me 300-400 invalid shares (if you see this offen make sure that you dont overclock it to much, blablabla) on #GPU3 in 24 hours (did not do that earlier)

Any idea?

EDIT:
Beleive me or not a simple rig cleanup solve my problem with incorect shares on #GPU3 and now I have much less memorie errors in HWinfo
People just seem to think that open air rigs aren't susceptible to collecting dust, but a can of compressed air always does wonders for things - especially if you are not using a typical external rack rig setup.  It's especially true for enclosed rigs that have been running more than a full year, although in some situations I have found 'dusting' is needed every six months.

Another thing people seem to miss is that even though a card can hold a specific overclock for graphics work, that doesn't mean that running in almost 100% compute mode it is the best setting.  Typically we stress the cards much more than even the best graphics-based benchmarking tools by running the compute intensive miner 24x7 on our GPU cards.

Just using my single-card rig as an example: it's a GTX1060/6GB Gigabyte card that will easily hold +230 core clock offset, but I have backed it down to +220 and later +210 because Claymore is much more stable and tends to get better quantity of shares at that setting.  It would run with +225 forever, but it would get those messages about invalid shares, and regardless of what many people think - 99% of the problems we're having trace back to one of two problems: either OC is set too high or there is a problem with a riser card(s).  Some of them are better than others, and if you run into a batch with problems it is likely going to affect the whole group, not just one riser.  That other 1% can be elusive, but almost every problem can be cured by backing off overclock by 5% or swapping out the riser for the "problem card".
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Yes this is what I am doing right now and it works fine but I would rather pay the dev and make more money.
Activity: 24
Hi!

Every hour, I get the following message : devfee stop mining and disconnect

I know it's because it starts mining for the dev but it makes my miner crashes and I have to reboot.

Some people said it might be my ISP or DNS blocking the dev pool.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.
Activity: 6
Hello Claymore and all,

I have a problem with my new rigs of 580 :
The -cvddc command has no influence. The voltage stay the same for all cards.

W10 64 bit, drivers blockchain, I tried claymore v9.7, 10.6 and 11.1.
Tried on 2 rigs with two different VGA card models.

My rigs with rx470 and 570 have no problem, same versions of windows and drivers.

For information, the rx x70 are on old motherboards but the new rigs are on 1151.

thanks

Claymore is now busy.
Look for it here PhoenixMiner
Activity: 83
Hello Claymore and all,

I have a problem with my new rigs of 580 :
The -cvddc command has no influence. The voltage stay the same for all cards.

W10 64 bit, drivers blockchain, I tried claymore v9.7, 10.6 and 11.1.
Tried on 2 rigs with two different VGA card models.

My rigs with rx470 and 570 have no problem, same versions of windows and drivers.

The over/underclocking with claymore works well, only the voltage.

For information, the rx x70 are on old motherboards but the new rigs are on 1151.

thanks
Activity: 12
Then where these NevaCoins go to ? They are not payed to me as i understand?

The will just stay with you. I will enable auto conversion soon, so the coins will go to your wallet then.

кoгдa cдeлaeтe этo,тoгдa мы вepнёмcя нa вaш пyл

Google translator says that when i do this you will return to my swimmingpool 😂😂
Activity: 2

The will just stay with you. I will enable auto conversion soon, so the coins will go to your wallet then.

кoгдa cдeлaeтe этo,тoгдa мы вepнёмcя нa вaш пyл
Still feel like a rookie after mining with Claymore since Nov 2017. Got my rig stable late Nov 17 and entered into dual mining after v11 came along.

However; downloaded the Verge wallet but it does not syncronize my earned XVG's. I have mined close to 400 xvg now on antminepool.
Still be patient? Am I doing something wrong?
On a PC or smartphone? I had that problem on my Pixel XL phone and it was because I didn't have TOR resolution (Verge is a "dark" coin). I installed Orbot and configured it (using defaults) and then it connected. IHNI what the PC equivalent is, but you likely need .onion addresses to be resolved.
Hi guys, my rig keeps going offline. On restart I see the following

dev/sda2: recovering journal
dev/sda2: clean, 127903/436320 files, number number blocks
Created slice user Slice of miner
Starting user manager for uid 1000
Started session 7 of user miner
Stopping user manager for uid 1000
A slice job is running for raise network (4min/5min3s)
Repeat repeat until time reaches 5 min

Some Claymore Miner information

Cannot resolve 'eth-eu2.nanopool.org'
ETH: Stratum - Cannot connect to eth-eu2.nanopool.org:9999
ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20sec

Repeat repeat

Any idea what is going on or how to find out?

you should check if eth-eu2.nanopool.org is accessible for you, as it seems like your DNS has problem resolving the host name
That is a quirk of how the Linux resolves name mapping to IP addresses. For example, if you look under Windows, there is no reply from the server for inquiries on us1.ethermine.org because it doesn't respond to them and Windows uses port 80 for NSLOOKUP & ping queries. The server is intentionally not reachable using port 80. Port 4444 (and 5555 for SSL in this case) respond to connection requests of course - or we would not be able to get and submit work.

Try " PING us1.ethermine.org ", it doesn't respond on my machine. Now, us1.ethermine.com does - but we use the .org address to work.
Hi

I am trying to use the new ssl:// option but it is not configured.

How should I configure the .bat file to activate it on ethermine.org?

Greetings guys!

-epool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555

Thank you!!

I had passed the port : )
Just like any other protocol, you can not pass normal and SSL (for all practical purposes encrypted) traffic on the same port. Think about hypertext for the browser - normally port 80 but 443 for SSL.

I knew it couldn't work on the same port, but the README!!!.txt doesn't really make much note about it, just the example shows port 5555 vice 4444.

It works very well and isolates you from man in the middle attacks that might capture your traffic amongst other things.
Activity: 55
Still feel like a rookie after mining with Claymore since Nov 2017. Got my rig stable late Nov 17 and entered into dual mining after v11 came along.

However; downloaded the Verge wallet but it does not syncronize my earned XVG's. I have mined close to 400 xvg now on antminepool.
Still be patient? Am I doing something wrong?

Ollis

I am using Electrum-XVG wallet for windows and did the following:
Click on the green dot, add e3.verge-electrum.com to connect to, untick auto cvonnect, SSL is ticked. It worked for me
Activity: 208

Activity: 20
Why on nlpooo when i am mining XVG other coins appear on Last 50 Earnings
For example NevaCoin ?

It is an overflow setting. When the VERGE network is getting slow and there is no work for your miner, the server can do two things. One is to disconnect you, second is to give you another task so your power is not wasted.
We choose the second, since disconnecting gives other problems ( Some Rigs start to reboot then and become unstable ).

So who gets paid when that happens?  If someone sends you hash power for XVG, but you use it for NEVA and you only have an XVG address to pay out?
Activity: 208
For example NevaCoin ?

It is an overflow setting. When the VERGE network is getting slow and there is no work for your miner, the server can do two things. One is to disconnect you, second is to give you another task so your power is not wasted.
We choose the second, since disconnecting gives other problems ( Some Rigs start to reboot then and become unstable ).
For example NevaCoin ?
Activity: 36
Having an issue... As I good remember I didnt read about that here before. I have 3 rigs 1x 7xSapphire RX580Nitro+LE / 1x 7xSapphire RX580Nitro+OC / 1x 3xSapphire RX580Nitro+OC. All cards are bios modded.
I use the same settings in all my rigs and DUAL mining ETH+XVG.

mem: 2200mhz / 885mv
core: 1180mhz / 885mv

Today I check all my rigs with HWinfo and on my 1st rig with LE cards, all GPUs has a bunch of memorie errors. Other 2  rigs has zero or a few mem errors. Im play with mem/core/mv settings and try all possible but no change in mem errors. The other thing is that Claymore shows me 300-400 invalid shares (if you see this offen make sure that you dont overclock it to much, blablabla) on #GPU3 in 24 hours (did not do that earlier)

Any idea?

EDIT:
Beleive me or not a simple rig cleanup solve my problem with incorect shares on #GPU3 and now I have much less memorie errors in HWinfo
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
Yo Claymore - I've been tweaking a 4x RX 560 rig over the last couple of weeks, mainly on Cryptonight, but just switched over to Ethash using v11.0 and something peculiar is going on here. I am using OverDrivenTool and v18.2.2 of the Adrenalin drivers and while mining Cryptonight I get 500 - 440 - 440 - 500 for cards 0 through 3, while mining Ethash I get 14.0 - 14.0 - 12.9 - 12.9 for the same card order... In other words, the first and last cards are fastest at Cryptonight while the first and second are fastest at Ethash. Same overclock, same card brand, even the same memory and BIOS straps in all of them.

Not sure what to do about it, if anything can even be done, but an 8-12% variation in hashrate seems a bit odd.

Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Are there ANY coins worth dual mining now?
Nope. I went back to mining exclusively ETH.
Any second coin you try to mine costs you more in electricity currently. Not worth it. Want a secondary coin? Buy it.

Spot on. Ethash mining only is the way forward for right now.
Especially when these pool are only paying half of what your supposed to get when connected for the full 24hrs if lucky, with their shitty servers it can't handle the load so my 2nd coin is pool hopping on my rigs
Activity: 17
Are there ANY coins worth dual mining now?

I'm mining ETH + XVG, but with a low intensity to avoid spent a lot of energy.

can you share your bat how its looks for me please
Jump to: