Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 438. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Is it possible to update to claymore 11 on ethOS now or does ethOS need to put out a new update first?

You should be able to replace the files in the miner folder on ethOS with the new version. Then run sudo chmod +x on ethdcrminer64 to make it executable and update the config file.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
- removed "-allcoins exp" option value.
Now what to use when mining low dag forks ?

"-allcoins 1". You can use old config files, miner will use "-allcoins 1" instead of "-allcoins exp".
Activity: 441
Merit: 109

Now what to use when mining low dag forks ?
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
I have a technical question that seems to stump my logic: when I hit in my Claymore Miner window, sometimes it exits out, sometimes the hashing rate returns to normal values (when I break, it's usually because it's not doing what it should).
Is it truly dual threaded where a double break is required to cycle?  (seems to be)

You can PM me the log file that demonstrates that you pressed Ctrl-C and miner still works, I will check it.
Odd one, I agree.  I have visual evidence where I screen-shot it 'fixing' the hashing speed, but there is nada in the log about or anything else for 8 seconds.

11.0 just goes on mining, as if nothing happened - but the speed is back to what it is normally.  Curious.  I'll send the log, don't think it will be enlightening, but the graphic screen dump shows exactly what I described.
donator
Miners developer
I have a technical question that seems to stump my logic: when I hit in my Claymore Miner window, sometimes it exits out, sometimes the hashing rate returns to normal values (when I break, it's usually because it's not doing what it should).
Is it truly dual threaded where a double break is required to cycle?  (seems to be)

You can PM me the log file that demonstrates that you pressed Ctrl-C and miner still works, I will check it.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
v11.0:

- added new algorithm for dual mode: blake2s (stratum pools only), use "-dcoin blake2s" option.
- added new algorithm for dual mode: keccak (stratum pools only), use "-dcoin keccak" option.
- reduced devfee for dual mode, now it is 1.5%.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.
Awesome!

donator
Miners developer
v11.0:

- added new algorithm for dual mode: blake2s (stratum pools only), use "-dcoin blake2s" option.
- added new algorithm for dual mode: keccak (stratum pools only), use "-dcoin keccak" option.
- reduced devfee for dual mode, now it is 1.5%.
- for 2GB cards devfee is removed completely, i.e. on 2GB cards you can mine all ETH forks without devfee. Check Readme for details.
- added "-tstart" option.
- "-asm 2" option value now supports Tahiti, Tonga, Ellesmere, Baffin; in some cases it can be a bit faster in ETH-only mode.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
The suspense is killing me !  At the same time, I dont wish to upgrade all my rigs again... but progress is progress and we need more profits Smiley
Betcha Neoscrypt will be in there. This means it'll just rape profitability for all those new shitcoins out there you could extract an extra buck or two of. Oh well.

EDIT: or maybe not Cheesy
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
Why are colors in console when mining with NVidida GPUs so dimmed and washed out? Mining with AMDs have much brighter and better readable colors.

Try -colors feature:

-colors enables or disables colored text in console. Default value is "1", use "-colors 0" to disable coloring. Use 2...4 values to remove some of colors.

-colors just reduces ammount of colors used. I am talking about the deafult behavior of miner.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
So my AMD rig updated to the latest Windows build and screwed my drivers up.  Downloaded the latest AMD drivers (18.2.1) and MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 and Claymore 10.6.  I cannot get afterburner to recognize the cards / control the cards at all.  Is Afterburner not yet compatible with the latest drivers?  Didn't find anything via google searches

Overdrive no longer works with the latest AMD drivers. Use OverdriveNtool.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/overdriventool-tool-for-amd-gpus.416116/

Sapphire TRIXX works but every time the rig reboots you have to manually reapply the settings. It is not resetting them at boot like it is supposed to do. Semi functional but better than Afterburner's non-functional status.
Activity: 206
Merit: 20
Why are colors in console when mining with NVidida GPUs so dimmed and washed out? Mining with AMDs have much brighter and better readable colors.

Try -colors feature:

-colors enables or disables colored text in console. Default value is "1", use "-colors 0" to disable coloring. Use 2...4 values to remove some of colors.
Activity: 247
Merit: 59
So my AMD rig updated to the latest Windows build and screwed my drivers up.  Downloaded the latest AMD drivers (18.2.1) and MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 and Claymore 10.6.  I cannot get afterburner to recognize the cards / control the cards at all.  Is Afterburner not yet compatible with the latest drivers?  Didn't find anything via google searches

Overdrive no longer works with the latest AMD drivers. Use OverdriveNtool.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/overdriventool-tool-for-amd-gpus.416116/
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
@Claymore
"WattMan Support Coming For Radeon Polaris GPUs On Linux"
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Auto-WattMan-Polaris
"Back in 2016 AMD introduced WattMan to their Radeon Software driver to allow for fine-tuning of GPU voltage, engine clocks, memory clocks and more. An incarnation of that is now approaching their open-source Linux driver. "

Not for now Sad
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi,

I'm new with Claymore. I have just set up a RX460 4 GB OC and configure it to work with Dwarfpool. Claymore detects the Graphic card and connects to the pool correctly. However, after a few seconds (in some cases a little more) I got the following message: job timeout disconnect retry in 20 seconds.

Any idea how to solve it?

The reply I gave on page 979 of this thread is what I used to solve this issue. 
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
Activity: 50
Hi,

I'm new with Claymore. I have just set up a RX460 4 GB OC and configure it to work with Dwarfpool. Claymore detects the Graphic card and connects to the pool correctly. However, after a few seconds (in some cases a little more) I got the following message: job timeout disconnect retry in 20 seconds.

Any idea how to solve it?
Activity: 15

I have the same configuration except for MSI Afterburner 4.4.2 and the same problem.

Afterburner recognize the cards and control the temperature and fan but don't control core clock and memory clock when claymore is already opened.
I found out that I can disable mining without closing claymore by just pressing the number of gpu (to disable gpu#0, press 0)
After disabling (waiting 1 min) and enabling, my settings on MSI Afterburner are applied to the cards and I can increase hashrate.

But on another rig with 1 RX 570 and 1 GTX 1070, when I change something on MSI Afterburner, it changes the hashrate immediately on claymore.
Activity: 30
the above is because you have overclocked too much. startthe mem overclock at 100mhz run for a few days and see if this occurs and beleive me this will not happen . you need to find that one card that is moaning...
Activity: 16
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
"Overclocking resistant" graphics cards?

I finally figured out exactly what the problem was with my shiny new Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB "OC" card.

It's always a good idea not to have more than one overclocking tool installed, but I suppose that I didn't look closely enough at software downloads for the new replacement video card? Their website doesn't seem to differentiate between the VGA Tool (for overclocking) and their Aorus graphics card software which I thought was simply a support and required load, but it turns out that it is simply a different style overclocking tool.

Their basic (now v 1.25) version is a glitzy graphical tool with more bells and whistles, whereas the Aorus tool is more straightforward and easier to use - sort of. Your mileage will vary!

Anyway, apparently having both of them installed causes them to fight over which has control over the overclocking - and neither wins. Frankly they both pretty much lose bumping the opposite tool in the head.

Once I had removed both of them, I installed "nVidia Inspector", more or less a generic overclocking solution for nVidia cards sort of along the lines of CCC for the AMD cards.  I used the parameters that I knew worked well for this specific card, and now it is always mining at 18.7MHm/sec as opposed to the 14.8-MH/sec it ran out of the box.

Just a little tuning and ended up with 18.8MH/s every time. I should note that Claymore Miner seems to be a little temperamental if you adjust the GPU clock while it is running, so use the tool to create a shortcut to your preferred settings, and add it to your START.BAT file.

Now I will futz around and see if I can get back to 20+

I'm not entirely sure what's the meaning of your post, but 1060 should be stable at about 23-24MH with mem oc to +800-900
Jump to: