Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 439. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
If you want to use the compute drivers, Afterburner will not work with the AMD Adrenaline drivers and multiple cards. Either use the Claymore config file to apply the overclock and undervolt settings at runtime, or use OverdriveNtool to create overclocking profiles for your cards as explained on www.mining.help.

If you want to use Afterburner with multiple cards you need to use the AMD blockchain drivers and you are limited to 8 AMD cards. You still need to use the pixel patcher with RX 470/480 and 570 cards after installing the driver.

Since you don't want Windows updating your drivers, I would disable drivers updates in Windows Update.

gpedit ==> Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
So my AMD rig updated to the latest Windows build and screwed my drivers up.  Downloaded the latest AMD drivers (18.2.1) and MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 and Claymore 10.6.  I cannot get afterburner to recognize the cards / control the cards at all.  Is Afterburner not yet compatible with the latest drivers?  Didn't find anything via google searches
Activity: 3
Odd situation.

Have a rig with 3 x RX570 4GB.  Was getting 27Mh/s with Claymore 10.6.

Had to change rig to different board and hard drive.  Board is the same, hard drive is slightly different (slower, but didn't think this mattered).
Same amount or RAM *GB, same pagefile, 16GB, same divers, same version of windows but now only getting 20Mh/s.

ANy ideas?  Really frustrated.

Drivers version is the latest, 18.2 blockchain from amd site.
Bios is modded the same
"UberMix v3.1

777000000000000022CC1C00AD615C41C0590E152ECC8608006007000B031420FA8900A00300000 010122F3FBA354"

Card info:

Radeon Software Version - 18.2.1
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 570 Series
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1244 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz

Radeon Settings Version - 2018.0131.1849.33856
Driver Packaging Version - 17.50.17.03-180131a-323782E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin
Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01316
OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13506
OpenCL™ Version - 23.20.15017.3010
AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.6
Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.1
Vulkan™ API Version - 1.0.65

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 570 Series
Device ID - 67DF
Vendor ID - 1002
SubSystem ID - 22F7
SubSystem Vendor ID - 1458
Revision ID - EF
Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0
Current Bus Settings - Not Available
BIOS Version - 015.050.002.001
BIOS Part Number - xxx-xxx-xxx
BIOS Date - 2017/05/18 08:21
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Memory Clock - 1750 MHz
Core Clock - 1244 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth - 224 GByte/s
Memory Bit Rate - 7.00 Gbps
2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0005

TIA

Sounds like you need still to change from graphics to compute :

https://i0.wp.com/mining.help/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/ethereum_mining_windows_amd_settings_gpu_workload.jpg?w=1050&ssl=1

What memory does your card have ? your hashrate is still quite low...
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
"Overclocking resistant" graphics cards?

I finally figured out exactly what the problem was with my shiny new Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB "OC" card.

It's always a good idea not to have more than one overclocking tool installed, but I suppose that I didn't look closely enough at software downloads for the new replacement video card? Their website doesn't seem to differentiate between the VGA Tool (for overclocking) and their Aorus graphics card software which I thought was simply a support and required load, but it turns out that it is simply a different style overclocking tool.

Their basic (now v 1.25) version is a glitzy graphical tool with more bells and whistles, whereas the Aorus tool is more straightforward and easier to use - sort of. Your mileage will vary!

Anyway, apparently having both of them installed causes them to fight over which has control over the overclocking - and neither wins. Frankly they both pretty much lose bumping the opposite tool in the head.

Once I had removed both of them, I installed "nVidia Inspector", more or less a generic overclocking solution for nVidia cards sort of along the lines of CCC for the AMD cards.  I used the parameters that I knew worked well for this specific card, and now it is always mining at 18.7MHm/sec as opposed to the 14.8-MH/sec it ran out of the box.

Just a little tuning and ended up with 18.8MH/s every time. I should note that Claymore Miner seems to be a little temperamental if you adjust the GPU clock while it is running, so use the tool to create a shortcut to your preferred settings, and add it to your START.BAT file.

Now I will futz around and see if I can get back to 20+
Activity: 63
So, somewhere in these 1k pages, is the answer I need probably, sadly  google searches failed me. Each time the miner has to reload the DAG file (dev fee as an example) the gpu's show less VRAM, and won't load the dag, causing the miner to crash.

I went -nofee to solve this, and obviously everyone loses here, but it's been running non stop since (long enough for it to fail if it was going to). Anyone have an obvious solution that's been stated 37 times in here and I failed to find it?

I am thinking a parameter or something would work (besides nofee). Linux, Smos rx580s
So decred, sia and pascal already has asic's? What about pascal and coins on the same algo?
Those ASIC folks don't miss a beat: it would be rather silly of them to bake in support for any particular algo and not make it extensible.

Bottom line: if one algo fits multiple coins, it's likely going to be eat up by ASICs.
Activity: 5
Hello

I have flashed the bios on my Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 4GB under Windows and I'm getting 30MH stable with Claymores.

But when I try same flashed card under Ubuntu I get only 21.2MH with Claymores

Any Idea what I might be missing?
I realy dont want to end up mining under windows.

I'm running Xubuntu 16.04
Kernel 4.10.0-28
amdgpu-pro beta mining driver 17.40.3.12
Claymores 10.6
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Merit me or don't.
any news about the new version? i am really exiting to see the next dual mine coin  Undecided

I will release new version in 1-2 days.

Exciting. Best I blow off the cob webs of my dual mining Reg's.
Activity: 281
Merit: 100
we want to make two rig for this time. one is located in czech republic and one in germany. We want to mine in dodopool. I check txt and there is different spec in each pool. What do u advice? Mine separate or its possible to mine together?
Use the same miner commands for both rigs, except worker name:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://etp.dodopool.com:8008 -ewal %EWAL% -eworker rigCZ -epsw x -allpools 1 -allcoins 1
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://etp.dodopool.com:8008 -ewal %EWAL% -eworker rigDE -epsw x -allpools 1 -allcoins 1
OR
Use the same epools.txt, modify just WORKER name:
POOL: stratum+tcp://etp.dodopool.com:8008, WALLET: %EWAL%, WORKER: rigCZ, PSW: x, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 1, ALLCOINS: 1
POOL: stratum+tcp://etp.dodopool.com:8008, WALLET: %EWAL%, WORKER: rigDE, PSW: x, ESM: 0, ALLPOOLS: 1, ALLCOINS: 1
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
So decred, sia and pascal already has asic's? What about pascal and coins on the same algo?
Activity: 146
any news about the new version? i am really exiting to see the next dual mine coin  Undecided

thanks for the reply  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
The suspense is killing me !  At the same time, I dont wish to upgrade all my rigs again... but progress is progress and we need more profits Smiley
increase your swap size with 10 or 20 GB

What do you mean with SWAP Size? :-/

Windows "Swap" file size = virtual memory settings in the control panel.  Look up "adjust virtual memory size" using Google for you OS (assumed to be Windows 10?) and follow the instructions to increase the amount of available disk space for memory swapping.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

Activity: 6
When the card is not accessible do you get a yellow triangle sign in your device manager (if you use windows 10 e.g.)?

I hade some gtx 1070, they worked from time to time - then again they didn't.
After some reboot they worked then they didnt etc..

Replaced the card, everything fine.. :-(

I do use Windows 10.  The card is powered up (I can see the lights on the card) but I don’t see it at all on the device manager.  

If I disconnect one of the other cards, I can see it so I know the card is working but I’m having trouble getting all three to work at the same time.  
Activity: 146
Activity: 6
I have 3 GPUs (one Vega 64, two RX 580s) and I can only consistently keep the vega 64 and one RX580 connected after reboots.  I've checked the risers (they appear to be good).  I saw on youtube that sometimes the video cards don't work without them thinking that they have a video card attached so I have two monitors (or I can use the HDMI plugin that fakes a monitor).  I have an older MOBO that should have the appropriate requirements but as I mentioned earlier, sometime I can get the rig to see the third card but sometimes I can't. 

Any suggestions?

Bumped for reference to my next post...
Activity: 11

Check for compute switch in the driver, by default it is NOT set to compute.
You can try much higher mem clock. It is usually safe to try 2150, even more for select cards.
I have experienced performance degrade when undervolting fail to set up, but not that much really. Check actual core and mem voltages and try to set to 950 mV and lower.
Go one at a time and check for results.
27 is pretty low for RX570, try to find better bios settings.

Thanks, sorry for the more questions but:
Check for compute switch in the driver, by default it is NOT set to compute - Can you tell me where this is, looked it up, can't find anything.

27 is pretty low for RX570, try to find better bios settings. - can you provide a link to better options?
Activity: 42
my swap file is always set to 32gb min and upto 48gb if required.

this is the 3gb limit and nothing more. on etc, eth will hit limit soon too

https://investoon.com/tools/dag_size

According to this, in 2019. I can live with that :-)
Afterwards I could mine zec, zcl, zen, nicehash etc. with my 1060 3gb rigs or just sell them ^^
Activity: 1
Hi guys i'm still having the same truble as before with DCR mining,

DCR - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 1, Rejected: 0
DCR: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s
Socket was closed remotely (by pool)
DCR: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...
ETH: 02/07/18-12:53:54 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 12.165 Mh/s, Total Shares: 20, Rejected: 0, Time: 01:44
ETH: GPU0 12.165 Mh/s
DCR: Stratum - connecting to 'pasc-eu2.nanopool.org' <51.255.34.80> port 15555
DCR: Stratum - socket send failed 10054, disconnect
DCR: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
ETH: 02/07/18-12:54:21 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 12.154 Mh/s, Total Shares: 20, Rejected: 0, Time: 01:45
ETH: GPU0 12.154 Mh/s
DCR: Stratum - connecting to 'pasc-us-east1.nanopool.org' <192.99.69.170> port 15555
DCR: Stratum - socket send failed 10054, disconnect
DCR: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

What could I change?

thank in advance.

Gabri
Jump to: