Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 437. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
An RX580 gives the same amount of hash on Blake2S as my whole 6 card GTX 1060 rig. Am I doing something wrong?

Nvidia Cards are not that efficient on such algos (Blake2s, etc) as Radeon's are - there is nothing you can do except buying them :-)
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
An RX580 gives the same amount of hash on Blake2S as my whole 6 card GTX 1060 rig. Am I doing something wrong?
Activity: 76
Merit: 2
I'm experimenting with the new algos in 11.0.
I tried this setup for the Verge (blake2s) on Antminepool:

Code:
-dpool stratum+tcp://s.antminepool.com:9008
-dwal
-dcoin blake2s
-dcri 17
-dpsw x

Perhaps, I'm doing something wrong, as I get an "Authorization failed" in the miner:

Code:
B2S: Authorization failed
: (null)
Socket was closed remotely (by pool)
 B2S: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

Update: worked well with another wallet address. Hmm...
Note to others: dcri value in the above example should be updated, in my case (rx480) a dcri of about 45-50 seem to have very little influence on ETH mining.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Thanks, Claymore! My 270X's are now mining without fee, 560's 2GB also.

Yes, now the miner is completely free for 2GB cards.
Activity: 50
Hi,

I'm new with Claymore. I have just set up a RX460 4 GB OC and configure it to work with Dwarfpool. Claymore detects the Graphic card and connects to the pool correctly. However, after a few seconds (in some cases a little more) I got the following message: job timeout disconnect retry in 20 seconds.

Any idea how to solve it?

The reply I gave on page 979 of this thread is what I used to solve this issue. 

Thank you but unfortunatelly it is not the same problem. You couldn't connect to the pool while I do. The problem is that once connected, the job is timed out. It is a different problem
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
Got about 2% bump to hashrate for my RX 570's.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Thanks, Claymore! My 270X's are now mining without fee, 560's 2GB also.
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006
v11.0:

- added new algorithm for dual mode: blake2s (stratum pools only), use "-dcoin blake2s" option.
- added new algorithm for dual mode: keccak (stratum pools only), use "-dcoin keccak" option.
- reduced devfee for dual mode, now it is 1.5%.
- for 2GB cards devfee is removed completely, i.e. on 2GB cards you can mine all ETH forks without devfee. Check Readme for details.
- added "-tstart" option.
- "-asm 2" option value now supports Tahiti, Tonga, Ellesmere, Baffin; in some cases it can be a bit faster in ETH-only mode.
- removed "-allcoins exp" option value.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.

awesome stuff mate Cheesy i will do some test and post it for others.. time to do some research Cheesy

thanx again
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
For reference, RX 470 and 480 running at 1150MHz core clock:
BLAKE2S:
-dcri 50 with no drop on ETH
RX 470 = 1300MH/s
RX 480 = 1450MH/s

Nice. I can only get to dcri=35 without drop in ETH I get ~950MH/s on Blake2S
With +21W Power Draw, Nicehash earnings of 0.30$ per day net profit is 0.24$ per day per card

With dcri=5 without drop in ETH I get ~136MH/s on Keccak
With +25W Power Draw, Nicehash earnings of 0.23$ per day net profit is 0.16$ per day per card
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Right... so how to I enable compute mode in the driver when I haven't got AMD Settings installed?... Sad
Activity: 3
I'm using this version (from EtherControl) on one of my RIG, very stable ! Thanks.

I try to trouble-shoot The RIG of my friends, who as the same hardware (except PSU). Same BIOS config (i configure it), OS is Windows Pro instead of Home edition.

But his RIG keep crashing ! One GPU stop working !

If i perform the test with 2 GPU for 48 hrs, than another with 2 other GPU, works fine ! But when i added all of them, crash !

I notice in the Readme, something about works OK with new AMD drivers.

Actually, here my CFG :
4 x MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8 Go (1 with Micron Memory, 3 with Samsung)
AMD Drivers Cripnoet (Vers August 2018)
MSI B250 PC MATE
4 Go Mem
Celeron

CPU alway fine... less than 5 % usage !

Is it better if i remove the actual driver, and replace it from the latest AMD drivers, and set them to be Computing optimize ?

This problems kept my attention for 2 weeks now...

My first RIG use a EVGA SuperNOVA 55 G2 8 Plus Gold (850W), and only use 620 W ! for 4 GPU
The second RIG i try to stabilized, are using EVGA 850GQ ... But i was force to add a Corsair 750W PSU because can't start the RIG with the actual PSU with all GPU connected (suspect faulty PSU here).

Activity: 37
hi,
please submit your new hashrates to
https://gpustats.com
Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 250

BLAKE2S:
RX 470 = 1300MH/s
RX 480 = 1450MH/s

So it should be possible to mine Verge in Dual Mode with Blake2s (there are 3 pools for it) without any drop in eth-mining, correct?

Does the dual mode heat up the cards more or stress them much, so the cards can break down at some point earlier? :-)

someone cn post bat file?
Activity: 42

BLAKE2S:
RX 470 = 1300MH/s
RX 480 = 1450MH/s

So it should be possible to mine Verge in Dual Mode with Blake2s (there are 3 pools for it) without any drop in eth-mining, correct?

Does the dual mode heat up the cards more or stress them much, so the cards can break down at some point earlier? :-)
Activity: 756
Merit: 250

KECCAK:
-dcri 8, anything above that causes a major drop in ETH hashrate
RX 470 = 180MH/s
RX 480 = 200MH/s

BLAKE2S:
RX 470 = 1300MH/s
RX 480 = 1450MH/s
-dcri 60 with ~0.5MH/s drop on ETH
RX 470 = 1500MH/s
RX 480 = 1700MH/s

could you share bat file for dual mining keccak and blake2s?
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
I'm not entirely sure what's the meaning of your post, but 1060 should be stable at about 23-24MH with mem oc to +800-900

I agree, maybe better for an overclocking site?

Mining rig assembly Monday, this rig is limited by the time puny power supply.

I did tune in to over 20Mh/sec.
Activity: 49
v11.0:

- added new algorithm for dual mode: blake2s (stratum pools only), use "-dcoin blake2s" option.
- added new algorithm for dual mode: keccak (stratum pools only), use "-dcoin keccak" option.
- reduced devfee for dual mode, now it is 1.5%.
- for 2GB cards devfee is removed completely, i.e. on 2GB cards you can mine all ETH forks without devfee. Check Readme for details.
- added "-tstart" option.
- "-asm 2" option value now supports Tahiti, Tonga, Ellesmere, Baffin; in some cases it can be a bit faster in ETH-only mode.
- removed "-allcoins exp" option value.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.

Thanks a lot for the new miner, Claymore!

I'm looking forward to researching the best dual mining configs using the newly added algo's.

Your hard work is much appreciated - I'm sure much of the community feels the same.
Activity: 413
Merit: 17

KECCAK:
-dcri 8, anything above that causes a major drop in ETH hashrate
RX 470 = 180MH/s
RX 480 = 200MH/s

BLAKE2S:
RX 470 = 1300MH/s
RX 480 = 1450MH/s
-dcri 60 with ~0.5MH/s drop on ETH
RX 470 = 1500MH/s
RX 480 = 1700MH/s
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Merit me or don't.
Any hashrate increases on AMD GPUs?

Atm I get 29.9mh/s with 98Ws right now on v10.0.
Activity: 7
Is it possible to update to claymore 11 on ethOS now or does ethOS need to put out a new update first?

You should be able to replace the files in the miner folder on ethOS with the new version. Then run sudo chmod +x on ethdcrminer64 to make it executable and update the config file.

Thanks, it worked! Just also had to create a symlink: ln -s ethdcrminer64 claymore
Jump to: