Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 440. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
my swap file is always set to 32gb min and upto 48gb if required.

this is the 3gb limit and nothing more. on etc, eth will hit limit soon too
Activity: 239
Merit: 10
Odd situation.

Have a rig with 3 x RX570 4GB.  Was getting 27Mh/s with Claymore 10.6.

Had to change rig to different board and hard drive.  Board is the same, hard drive is slightly different (slower, but didn't think this mattered).
Same amount or RAM *GB, same pagefile, 16GB, same divers, same version of windows but now only getting 20Mh/s.

ANy ideas?  Really frustrated.

Memory Clock - 1750 MHz
Core Clock - 1244 MHz

Check for compute switch in the driver, by default it is NOT set to compute.
You can try much higher mem clock. It is usually safe to try 2150, even more for select cards.
I have experienced performance degrade when undervolting fail to set up, but not that much really. Check actual core and mem voltages and try to set to 950 mV and lower.
Go one at a time and check for results.
27 is pretty low for RX570, try to find better bios settings.
Activity: 42
ok guys it seems 3gb cards have officially stopped working on eth network.  Dag erro etc etc, the 6gb cards in the same rigs are doing fine. surprising though is that under stats its says 2.4gb used for dag.

one by one all the 3gb rigs gave up.

or am i missing something?

increase your swap size with 10 ot 20 GB

What do you mean with SWAP Size? :-/
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hey Clay, Feature request : -tstop stops the GPU that was overheating at the specified temperature, please add an option to re-enable it once it cools down. You could restart the miner using something like minspeed but that isnt the most efficient way of doing it, since only one GPU would need to be re-enabled.

Ok, I will add -tstart option in next update.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

-tstop   set stop GPU temperature, miner will stop mining if GPU reaches specified temperature. For example, "-tstop 95" means 95C temperature. You can also specify values for every card, for example "-tstop 95,85,90".
   This feature is disabled by default ("-tstop 0"). You also should specify non-zero value for "-tt" option to enable this option.
   If it turned off wrong card, it will close miner in 30 seconds.
   You can also specify negative value to close miner immediately instead of stopping GPU, for example, "-tstop -95" will close miner as soon as any GPU reach 95C temperature.

Hey Clay, Feature request : -tstop stops the GPU that was overheating at the specified temperature, please add an option to re-enable it once it cools down. You could restart the miner using something like minspeed but that isnt the most efficient way of doing it, since only one GPU would need to be re-enabled.
Activity: 6
where can I report bugs for claymore?
I went home from work last night, only to get an email from the system that the miner had gone offline.
So,it was offline not generating income for 12 hours.
I can attach the log file if needed. There's alot of info in it.

Also, I'd like to know if it's possible to mine XMR and ETH at the same time onthe DUAL Miner
Activity: 30
ok guys it seems 3gb cards have officially stopped working on eth network.  Dag erro etc etc, the 6gb cards in the same rigs are doing fine. surprising though is that under stats its says 2.4gb used for dag.

Lol it's working fine. I tried now on my home 1060 3Gb http://i99.fastpic.ru/big/2018/0207/ee/b22615c135858269c7284bcc78c673ee.jpg
In order to mine effectively, the DAG is kept in a ring buffer in VRAM (graphics memory).

You don't usually need to think about it, but graphic cards these days host programs, like "Dropbox", "WinZip", "Firefox" and others. Those reduce the total amount of DDR4 memory available to the mimer.

On nVidia cards (not certain how to do this on AMD cards) you can set a parameter in the driver to show the apps running in VRAM in a 'tray' icon. Now that we went to Epoch 168 today, the size is 2.31GB. - only one hundredth of a gigabyte but still, 10k more than the previous Epoch. Eventually 3GB cards will be unable to hold the DAG in memory.

Ah i forgot to add that im mining etc abnd the dag is past 178 now . i switched to eth its working fine. etc dag has reached max for 3gb cards.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1

Lol it's working fine. I tried now on my home 1060 3Gb
In order to mine effectively, the DAG is kept in a ring buffer in VRAM (graphics memory).

You don't usually need to think about it, but graphic cards these days host programs, like "Dropbox", "WinZip", "Firefox" and others. Those reduce the total amount of DDR4 memory available to the mimer.

On nVidia cards (not certain how to do this on AMD cards) you can set a parameter in the driver to show the apps running in VRAM in a 'tray' icon. Now that we went to Epoch 168 today, the size is 2.31GB. - only one hundredth of a gigabyte but still, 10k more than the previous Epoch. Eventually 3GB cards will be unable to hold the DAG in memory.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
Hey guys, still worthiness mine ETH + DCR?

I did some calculations and discounting the energy costs still worthing in my country, apparently.

Did you give up of dual mining?
Activity: 11
Odd situation.

Have a rig with 3 x RX570 4GB.  Was getting 27Mh/s with Claymore 10.6.

Had to change rig to different board and hard drive.  Board is the same, hard drive is slightly different (slower, but didn't think this mattered).
Same amount or RAM *GB, same pagefile, 16GB, same divers, same version of windows but now only getting 20Mh/s.

ANy ideas?  Really frustrated.

Drivers version is the latest, 18.2 blockchain from amd site.
Bios is modded the same
"UberMix v3.1

777000000000000022CC1C00AD615C41C0590E152ECC8608006007000B031420FA8900A00300000 010122F3FBA354"

Card info:

Radeon Software Version - 18.2.1
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 570 Series
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1244 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz

Radeon Settings Version - 2018.0131.1849.33856
Driver Packaging Version - 17.50.17.03-180131a-323782E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin
Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01316
OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13506
OpenCL™ Version - 23.20.15017.3010
AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.6
Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.1
Vulkan™ API Version - 1.0.65

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 570 Series
Device ID - 67DF
Vendor ID - 1002
SubSystem ID - 22F7
SubSystem Vendor ID - 1458
Revision ID - EF
Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0
Current Bus Settings - Not Available
BIOS Version - 015.050.002.001
BIOS Part Number - xxx-xxx-xxx
BIOS Date - 2017/05/18 08:21
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Memory Clock - 1750 MHz
Core Clock - 1244 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth - 224 GByte/s
Memory Bit Rate - 7.00 Gbps
2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0005

TIA

Activity: 3
Isit possible to mine from +2 ip addresses at dodopool to one wallet? We are unable but i dont know what i must change in config to confirme it rightly...

any advice?
What do you mean by "from 2 ip addresses"?
You have a dynamic IP, you mine with 2 rigs on the same wallet or you look how to switch mining server when it drops connection?
Dynamic IP - no problem
2 rigs on same wallet - no problem
Switching servers - use epools.txt

we want to make two rig for this time. one is located in czech republic and one in germany. We want to mine in dodopool. I check txt and there is different spec in each pool. What do u advice? Mine separate or its possible to mine together?

Thanks
Activity: 840
Merit: 503

Lol it's working fine. I tried now on my home 1060 3Gb
Activity: 281
Merit: 100
Isit possible to mine from +2 ip addresses at dodopool to one wallet? We are unable but i dont know what i must change in config to confirme it rightly...

any advice?
What do you mean by "from 2 ip addresses"?
You have a dynamic IP, you mine with 2 rigs on the same wallet or you look how to switch mining server when it drops connection?
Dynamic IP - no problem
2 rigs on same wallet - no problem
Switching servers - use epools.txt
Activity: 3

any advice?
Activity: 10
I'm sorry if this was asked already. I mine expose with 2GB gpu and this miner quits all the time because there is no free VRAM for devfee DAG file. Can you help me? I set allcoins and allpools to 1.

*edit: I see now in readme.txt, for expose I should use +-allcoins exp'.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1

https://unitedcardists.com/download/file.php?id=18090&mode=view

(what's the trick to posting imbedded graphics?   hmmmm...  I hadn't tried)

You can not embed any graphics as you are a Newbie you have to be a "Jr.Member" before you can post with pictures.
Ah, got it. Thanks! I knew that I was missing something. I run a website with forums, but I don't think I read the rules hrre.
Activity: 112
Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD v10.6 (Windows)

after an hour of work, a problem appears on the rx 570 cards,

can not get curren- t temperature, error 15

reboot the system and everything is working fine

Maybe OC too high?

Every single failure I had with Claymores - Turned out = too much memory oc Wink

settings did not change from version 9.3

Now everything checked up, and lowered the frequency from memory
Activity: 26

increase your swap size with 10 ot 20 GB
Activity: 2
Hi guys,

My new rig suddenly stop working at this morning, and it keep showing unknown option -asm and unknown option 1. I am using SMOS claymore miner v10.6 . Anyone have any idea what is happening with my rig/ SMOS? It was working fine for a week and it stopped this morning .

config : -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-asia1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0x70224542C9fFBF057B29B72c6F86C71BE0ea6834/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -asm 1 -mport 127.0.0.1:3333

Hardware
p104-100 x10
B250 mining expert

Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------
============ Starting Miner ===============
UNKNOWN OPTION -asm
UNKNOWN OPTION 1
Binary file (standard input) matches

Sorry for my poor English
Activity: 42
Do you guys dual mine? If, which coin is best?

I mined dual Eth / Sia - But Sia Diff is too high now..

I tried DCR - But then my cards have too low eth-hashrate and if I change the intensity there is very low income from DCR.

What's you opinion on this?

Dual mining with current coins SIA/DCR etc is not worth anymore.

Claymore dev is working on a new set of coins for dual mining.
Not sure which ones yet and which algo but looks like is going to be soon.

Thanks for the information - I just read Devs want to cut Dual fees down to 1%.

My 1060 3gb Rig ist working fine for months now. 2.6gb vram in use.
But I am using 10.1 Miner still, Idk if that is the reason that it works.
Jump to: