Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 495. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 349
Merit: 102
Hey guys. Wondering if anyone could give me a hand on some issues I'm having.

-I'm on Win7 and I have 2 GTX 970s and I'm getting incredibly low hashrate of about 7MHs per GPU.
-I've tried like 5 different drivers including the 347.52 ones as well the most recent ones.
-I've tried both ethminer and claymore's dual miner on both nanopool and etherminer using both CUDA and OpenCL.
-Disabled SLI (completely froze windows until a disabled that).
-Finally I found out that there's a benchmark mode which I tried and low and behold I got 18-19mhs (which honestly is still quite low for a 1590mhz overclock, at that range i've seen people get 23MHs). But while mining it doesnt break 7mhs.
-Another oddity is only 1 of the cards overclock. Without an OC I'm at 1506mhz (base is 1506 as i flashed a modified bios a few years back to get more voltage) on the cards and with OC im at 1590. Either way only 1 card overcloks and the other stays at 1177mhz.
-Oh and I'm watercooled so temps dont leave the mid 30s celcius.

I've done everything I could find (which there isn't a whole lot of info, especially for my cards). I have had no issues in gaming or anything else. Overclock and everything else is rock solid stable.

Really appreciate any insight anyone can give.

Thank you.

Windows 10 + latest update + drivers is what you need. 900 series cards won't go much beyond 7MH/s in Win 7 no matter what you try.
Activity: 154
Merit: 85
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal x -epsw x -dcoin sia -dpool stratum+tcp://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777 -dwal x -dpsw x -ftime 10

eth 135Mh/s

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal x -epsw x -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal x -dpsw x -allpools 1 -estale 0

eth 127Mh/s

why is that? Huh
Obviously the second coin DCR takes videocards resource and the main coin productivity get less
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
''DevFee: failed to mine for a long time, something is wrong, "nofee" mode is enabled until successful devfee mining.''

what is wrong?
Activity: 147
Never going to happen lol. Microsoft can shove it (for as long as i can avoid upgrading out of necessity). I now hate microsoft the way i hate apple.

Thanks though Smiley
Activity: 36
Merit: 0

-I'm on Win7 and I have 2 GTX 970s and I'm getting incredibly low hashrate of about 7MHs per GPU.
-I've tried like 5 different drivers including the 347.52 ones as well the most recent ones.
-I've tried both ethminer and claymore's dual miner on both nanopool and etherminer using both CUDA and OpenCL.
-Finally I found out that there's a benchmark mode which I tried and low and behold I got 18-19mhs (which honestly is still quite low for a 1590mhz overclock, at that range i've seen people get 23MHs). But while mining it doesnt break 7mhs.
-Another oddity is only 1 of the cards overclock. Without an OC I'm at 1506mhz (base is 1506 as i flashed a modified bios a few years back to get more voltage) on the cards and with OC im at 1590. Either way only 1 card overcloks and the other stays at 1177mhz.

I've done everything I could find (which there isn't a whole lot of info, especially for my cards). I have had no issues in gaming or anything else. Overclock and everything else is rock solid stable.

Thank you.

Try the below link

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6hclmp/gtx970_mining_faq/

Should give you a better hashrate, i configured a couple of GTX 970/980 a few weeks back for one of my friends, and we managed to double the hashrate on stock, running around 13-14MH/s, so with modded BIOS it should get you closer to where you need to be.

Hope this helps

Thank you.

I don't have the Optimize for compute performance option in nvidia control panel. Googling seems to say its for maxwell and win10. This is a maxwell card but im on win7 :/

None of the other suggestions seemed to work. Except perhaps the command prompt one. Both of my cards are now hitting the overclock clocks rather than just the one card. Perhaps coincidence but might help others.

Thank you.

I have the same 7 Mh using Windows 8.1 and single GTX 970 card. I have noticed that it is associated with EPOCH #. When mining with low EPOCH # I have decent 23 Mh, but for actual mining EPOCH #155 or 160 is set and hash rate drops to 7-8 Mh. I try to figure if I can control what EPOCH # is used but do not sucseed up to now.
This seems to be the issue. I tried epoch 110 in the benchmark and got 20-22MHs. I don't suppose epoch is something that can be changed in regular mining mode?

If not id love to hear of any others with 970s or maxwell cards that are getting normal hashrates.

PS: Using ethminer it says im getting 15mhs but i cant tell if thats for 1 card or both. In claymores it tells me the combined (which is around 15ish) but ethminer doesnt say.

Why not upgrade to Win 10. Last day to do so tomorrow 31/12/17!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade?tduid=(61286e18e3eb0e606b7697ba8526b6b8)(266696)(1544997)(06-3659821-11-0000000)()
Hi

Not sure if it is related, but happened on the same day  Roll Eyes : I installed the new AMD Radeon Adrenalin 17.12.1 Driver (Windows), and now Claymore does not display the line with GPU Temperatures and Fan Percentages. Any ideas?

Thanks

Most probably.

Use AMD cleanup utility to remove newer driver and reinstall previous driver, disable updates.

Why fix it, if it ain't broke?

Thank you.

Try the below link

Should give you a better hashrate, i configured a couple of GTX 970/980 a few weeks back for one of my friends, and we managed to double the hashrate on stock, running around 13-14MH/s, so with modded BIOS it should get you closer to where you need to be.

Hope this helps

Thank you.

I don't have the Optimize for compute performance option in nvidia control panel. Googling seems to say its for maxwell and win10. This is a maxwell card but im on win7 :/

None of the other suggestions seemed to work. Except perhaps the command prompt one. Both of my cards are now hitting the overclock clocks rather than just the one card. Perhaps coincidence but might help others.

Thank you.

I have the same 7 Mh using Windows 8.1 and single GTX 970 card. I have noticed that it is associated with EPOCH #. When mining with low EPOCH # I have decent 23 Mh, but for actual mining EPOCH #155 or 160 is set and hash rate drops to 7-8 Mh. I try to figure if I can control what EPOCH # is used but do not sucseed up to now.
This seems to be the issue. I tried epoch 110 in the benchmark and got a little over 23MHs. I don't suppose epoch is something that can be changed in regular mining mode?

If not id love to hear of any others with 970s or maxwell cards that are getting normal hashrates.

PS: Using ethminer it says im getting 15mhs but i cant tell if thats for 1 card or both. In claymores it tells me the combined (which is around 15ish) but ethminer doesnt say.
Activity: 1
Hi

Not sure if it is related, but happened on the same day  Roll Eyes : I installed the new AMD Radeon Adrenalin 17.12.1 Driver (Windows), and now Claymore does not display the line with GPU Temperatures and Fan Percentages. Any ideas?

Thanks
Activity: 239

Thank you.

Thank you.

Try the below link

Hope this helps

Thank you.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
I have nvedia card have following error. Please help me how to fix this.

C:\Ethereum\Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU M
iner v10.2 - Catalyst 15.12-17.x - CUDA 8.0_7.5_6.5\Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Dec
red_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2>setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0

SUCCESS: Specified value was saved.

C:\Ethereum\Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU M
iner v10.2 - Catalyst 15.12-17.x - CUDA 8.0_7.5_6.5\Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Dec
red_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2>setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100

red_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2>setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

red_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2>setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 10

red_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2>setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT

red_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2>EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-
eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0x0fff942949a4c66c30fbdfca91053d13878078a6.rig1/hamm
[email protected] -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10 -ethi 4

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║     Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC/PASC GPU Miner v10.2      ║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

ETH: 5 pools are specified
Main Ethereum pool is eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
AMD OpenCL platform not found
Be careful with overclocking, use default clocks for first tests
Press "s" for current statistics, "0".."9" to turn on/off cards, "r" to reload p
ools, "e" or "d" to select current pool
CUDA initializing...

NVIDIA Cards available: 1
CUDA Driver Version/Runtime Version: 8.0/8.0
GPU #0: Quadro 5000, 2560 MB available, 11 compute units, capability: 2.0

Total cards: 1
ETHEREUM-ONLY MINING MODE ENABLED (-mode 1)
ETH: eth-proxy stratum mode
Watchdog enabled
Remote management (READ-ONLY MODE) is enabled on port 3333

ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eth-eu1.nanopool.org' <213.32.29.168> port 9999
ETH: Stratum - Connected (eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999)
ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #160...
ETH: 12/30/17-13:35:57 - New job from eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
ETH - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ETH: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s
Setting DAG epoch #160 for GPU0
Create GPU buffer for GPU0
GPU 0, GpuMiner cu_kd failed 8 (0), invalid device function
GPU 0, Calc DAG failed!
GPU 0 failed
GPU 0, Calc DAG failed!
ETH: 12/30/17-13:36:06 - New job from eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
GPU 0 failed
ETH: 12/30/17-13:36:12 - New job from eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
GPU0 t=61C fan=30%
WATCHDOG: GPU error, you need to restart miner Sad
Restarting OK, exit...

Try increase your windows virtual memory... I'm using 16GB, but I have 8 gpu.

See in: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2864547/manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows.html

If this don't work, probabily is something in your gpu config... do you bios modded? 
Activity: 2
I have nvedia card have following error. Please help me how to fix this.

red_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2>setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0

red_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2>setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100

red_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2>setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

red_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2>setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 10

red_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2>setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT

red_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2>EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-
eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0x0fff942949a4c66c30fbdfca91053d13878078a6.rig1/hamm
[email protected] -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10 -ethi 4

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║     Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC/PASC GPU Miner v10.2      ║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

ETH: 5 pools are specified
Main Ethereum pool is eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
AMD OpenCL platform not found
Be careful with overclocking, use default clocks for first tests
Press "s" for current statistics, "0".."9" to turn on/off cards, "r" to reload p
ools, "e" or "d" to select current pool
CUDA initializing...

NVIDIA Cards available: 1
CUDA Driver Version/Runtime Version: 8.0/8.0
GPU #0: Quadro 5000, 2560 MB available, 11 compute units, capability: 2.0

Total cards: 1
ETHEREUM-ONLY MINING MODE ENABLED (-mode 1)
ETH: eth-proxy stratum mode
Watchdog enabled
Remote management (READ-ONLY MODE) is enabled on port 3333

ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eth-eu1.nanopool.org' <213.32.29.168> port 9999
ETH: Stratum - Connected (eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999)
ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #160...
ETH: 12/30/17-13:35:57 - New job from eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
Create GPU buffer for GPU0
GPU 0, Calc DAG failed!
GPU 0 failed
GPU 0, Calc DAG failed!
ETH: 12/30/17-13:36:06 - New job from eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
GPU 0 failed
ETH: 12/30/17-13:36:12 - New job from eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
GPU0 t=61C fan=30%
WATCHDOG: GPU error, you need to restart miner Sad
Restarting OK, exit...

Activity: 58
Hi guys,
I have been mining ETH+SIA with 6 rx 570 nitro+ 4gb. OS: ethOS, PSU EVGA 1300W, claymore 10.2.

I got 29MHs each card for a long time. Then my MOBO was broken and I had to replace it with the same one (gigabyte z170 ud3). However, after that I couldn't get it over 24 mhs each.

I tried reimaging ethOS, update MOBO BIOS, reflash the BIOS of GPUs with the same ones that I used before but nothing worked.
One weird thing is that, with the same setting, I can get ~5200 for mining Cryptonight, which means the cards were OCed properly, I believe.

Could you please advice me?
Thank you a lot!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
I have been working on this the last few days and am stumped.  I followed all the instructions but each time I launch the .bat file, the command screen comes up but disappears a couple of seconds later.  Any body have a quick fix without me having to sort through 935 pages? 

After the command line in your start.bat file put a line with the word "pause". Then you can see what the problem is and fix it.
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
I have been working on this the last few days and am stumped.  I followed all the instructions but each time I launch the .bat file, the command screen comes up but disappears a couple of seconds later.  Any body have a quick fix without me having to sort through 935 pages?  

add 'pause' on a new line (no quotes) at the end of the bat file, then it won't close the window and you can see the error and figure out what you stuffed up
Activity: 5
I have been working on this the last few days and am stumped.  I followed all the instructions but each time I launch the .bat file, the command screen comes up but disappears a couple of seconds later.  Any body have a quick fix without me having to sort through 935 pages? 

Activity: 75
Merit: 1
hiya all:

if any one could help me figure out what is wrong i will be very grateful ,every thing was working fine with my rig went to have a bath came out to this :
21:02:08:642   1100   ÉÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ»
21:02:08:642   1100   º      Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC/PASC GPU Miner v9.8      º
21:02:08:642   1100   ÈÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍͼ
21:02:08:642   1100   
21:02:08:848   1100   ETH: 5 pools are specified
21:02:08:848   1100   Main Ethereum pool is eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
21:02:08:879   1100   OpenCL platform: NVIDIA CUDA
21:02:08:879   1100   AMD OpenCL platform not found
21:02:09:067   1100   CUDA initializing...

21:02:09:067   1100   NVIDIA Cards available: 1
21:02:09:067   1100   CUDA Driver Version/Runtime Version: 9.1/8.0
21:02:09:067   1100   GPU #0: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1

21:02:09:067   1100   Total cards: 1
21:02:13:140   1100   No AMD cards in the list, ADL library will not be used.
21:02:13:140   1100   NVML version: 9.388.59
21:02:13:343   1100   ETHEREUM-ONLY MINING MODE ENABLED (-mode 1)

21:02:13:343   1100   ETH: eth-proxy stratum mode
21:02:13:343   1100   Watchdog enabled
21:02:13:343   1100   Remote management (READ-ONLY MODE) is enabled on port 3333
21:02:13:343   1100   

21:02:23:251   1aa4   Cannot resolve 'eth-eu1.nanopool.org'
21:02:23:251   1aa4   ETH: Stratum - Cannot connect to eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
21:02:23:251   1aa4   ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

i tried re downloading clay more but with same result
any one had similar problem or know of solution pls help the nooby Smiley
try to change europe server to this eth-us-east1.nanopool.org

it did work thnx i am now connected to the us-east server but can any one help me get back to the eu 1 i still duno why this is happend
Activity: 29
hiya all:

if any one could help me figure out what is wrong i will be very grateful ,every thing was working fine with my rig went to have a bath came out to this :
21:02:08:642   1100   ÉÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ»
21:02:08:642   1100   º      Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC/PASC GPU Miner v9.8      º
21:02:08:642   1100   ÈÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍͼ
21:02:08:642   1100   
21:02:08:848   1100   ETH: 5 pools are specified
21:02:08:848   1100   Main Ethereum pool is eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
21:02:08:879   1100   OpenCL platform: NVIDIA CUDA
21:02:08:879   1100   AMD OpenCL platform not found
21:02:09:067   1100   CUDA initializing...

21:02:09:067   1100   NVIDIA Cards available: 1
21:02:09:067   1100   CUDA Driver Version/Runtime Version: 9.1/8.0
21:02:09:067   1100   GPU #0: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1

21:02:09:067   1100   Total cards: 1
21:02:13:140   1100   No AMD cards in the list, ADL library will not be used.
21:02:13:140   1100   NVML version: 9.388.59
21:02:13:343   1100   ETHEREUM-ONLY MINING MODE ENABLED (-mode 1)

21:02:13:343   1100   ETH: eth-proxy stratum mode
21:02:13:343   1100   Watchdog enabled
21:02:13:343   1100   Remote management (READ-ONLY MODE) is enabled on port 3333
21:02:13:343   1100   

21:02:23:251   1aa4   Cannot resolve 'eth-eu1.nanopool.org'
21:02:23:251   1aa4   ETH: Stratum - Cannot connect to eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
21:02:23:251   1aa4   ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

i tried re downloading clay more but with same result
any one had similar problem or know of solution pls help the nooby Smiley
try to change europe server to this eth-us-east1.nanopool.org
Activity: 29
 europe server doesnt workfor now ,, change it to us or asia .....
Jump to: