Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 493. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 1
I just wanted to say that after updating both my miners to the 10.2v and deleting all the previous versions from my PC, I have seen an increase in hash rate reported and a higher daily paid out (estimated of course).

Just wanted to say thanks for the great software!
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
Yes, -mode 1 in the batch file.

Based on what you posted here are the relevant entries from the log file earlier:

Code:
07:43:49:460 48c DevFee: ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'us1.ethpool.org' <149.56.26.222> port 3333
07:43:49:663 48c DevFee: start mining
07:43:49:851 a40 Setting DAG epoch #161...
07:43:56:803 a40 Setting DAG epoch #161 for GPU0 done
07:44:26:170 48c DevFee: stop mining and disconnect
07:44:26:561 750 Setting DAG epoch #56...
07:44:27:667 750 Setting DAG epoch #56 for GPU0
07:44:32:692 2260 send: {"id":6,"worker":"eleusis1","jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"eth_submitHashrate","params":["0x19dd5cf", "0x00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000578d4648"]}

07:44:32:817 2260 got 39 bytes

So I guess the devfee all told takes up about 43 seconds, not the 72 that appeared to be the case just looking at the timestamps in the command window.

My apologies - carry on!
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
(or w/e built that for you and charged you PREMIUM COSTS, hence the ad)

Nobody charged him premium costs. The post was just an advert of his small business: posted by Marcinprv (where "prv" I guess stands for "first" in polish) and you can find the same name on the advertised website (firstever.eu).
BTW two risers per sata is probably OK; more than 2 is a problem.

Two risers per sata is ok IF using sata powered risers, the main issue is the sata-molex adapters that ship with the risers crap out and melt.
Activity: 239
Merit: 12
You don't need a stopwatch - just examine the log file (it has time stamps). Then you can share the log with us. Ensure you are using claymore v10.1 or higher.

Okay, got the log file pulled up in notepad but I'm not sure what to look for here. There are some seemingly relevant entries, but I can't quite figure out the start and stop points. Any pointers so I don't have to upload a wall of text?

You are looking for DevFee and Setting DAG entrees.
Here is my log file, that shows that every 1h claymore mines devfee for 37 s:
Code:
00:56:30:411 1328 DevFee: ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eu1.ethermine.org' <46.105.121.53> port 4444
00:56:30:427 1328 send: {"worker": "eth1.0", "jsonrpc": "2.0", "params": ["0xc6F31A79526c641de4E432CB22a88BB577A67eaC", "x"], "id": 2, "method": "eth_submitLogin"}
00:56:30:427 1328 DevFee: ETH: Stratum - Connected (eu1.ethermine.org:4444)
00:57:07:009 1328 DevFee: stop mining and disconnect
00:57:12:385 b9c ETH: checking pool connection...
01:56:27:961 b9c new buf size: 0
01:56:30:540 1328 DevFee: ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eu1.ethermine.org' <94.23.36.128> port 4444
01:56:30:587 1328 send: {"worker": "eth1.0", "jsonrpc": "2.0", "params": ["0xB9cF2dA90Bdff1BC014720Cc84F5Ab99d7974EbA", "x"], "id": 2, "method": "eth_submitLogin"}
01:56:30:587 1328 DevFee: ETH: Stratum - Connected (eu1.ethermine.org:4444)
01:57:07:153 1328 DevFee: stop mining and disconnect
01:57:07:981 b9c ETH: checking pool connection...

How is yours different?

PS: just to make sure - you have -mode 1 in the bat, right?
Just want to show my appreciation and say thanks for an awesome miner! Happy new year

Awesome miner's thread is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/awesome-miner-powerful-windows-gui-to-manage-and-monitor-up-to-200000-miners-676942
This is claymore's thread
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu
Just want to show my appreciation and say thanks for an awesome miner! Happy new year
You don't need a stopwatch - just examine the log file (it has time stamps). Then you can share the log with us. Ensure you are using claymore v10.1 or higher.

Okay, got the log file pulled up in notepad but I'm not sure what to look for here. There are some seemingly relevant entries, but I can't quite figure out the start and stop points. Any pointers so I don't have to upload a wall of text?

Hmmm... I'll try to pay closer attention next devfee round and put a stop watch to it rather than just scroll back through the timestamps, but I know for sure the process took > 1 minute, and not 36 seconds.

For ubiq (as a fork) you need to have -allcoins 1 in your bat.

I have -allcoins -1 because it generates the ETH DAG first, and this is supposed to reduce the time it takes to do devfee switching, but I admit I may not understand this option correctly.

I just checked and it looks like claymore promised to include dag re-creation into devfee:
I personally am not aware if that works as promised, but your results seem to suggest that it doesn't.
May be someone else, e.g. claymore, can contribute to this discussion...

Hmmm... I'll try to pay closer attention next devfee round and put a stop watch to it rather than just scroll back through the timestamps, but I know for sure the process took > 1 minute, and not 36 seconds.
It looks like you answered your own question: "e.g. -allcoins EXP". And there is no need to scroll through 18k posts: The same question was answered on the very same page TODAY by Coroto

Seeing that answer is why I asked mine, because I wanted to know if there was an option to use the UBQ DAG like can be done with EXP. I assumed that these coins use different DAGs, or that UBQ is not a valid coin for the devfee to mine. So, no, my question was not answered on the same page by Coroto today.

For ubiq (as a fork) you need to have -allcoins 1 in your bat.
I just checked and it looks like claymore promised to include dag re-creation into devfee:
v10.1:

- now if miner has to recreate DAG for devfee, new DAG generation time will be included in devfee time.
- improved "-gser" option, now you can set custom delay between DAG generation on GPUs, check Readme for details.
- added detailed stats about rejected shares per GPU ("s" key).
- added "-logsmaxsize" option.
- fixed issues with "-r -1" option value.
- EthMan: added detailed stats mode in web server.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.
I personally am not aware if that works as promised, but your results seem to suggest that it doesn't.
May be someone else, e.g. claymore, can contribute to this discussion...
It looks like you answered your own question: "e.g. -allcoins EXP". And there is no need to scroll through 18k posts: The same question was answered on the very same page TODAY by Coroto

Seeing that answer is why I asked mine, because I wanted to know if there was an option to use the UBQ DAG like can be done with EXP. I assumed that these coins use different DAGs, or that UBQ is not a valid coin for the devfee to mine. So, no, my question was not answered on the same page by Coroto today.
Apologies if this was covered in the previous 18739 posts, but I want to understand the devfee mining process better as it seems I am getting unduly penalized because I am mining an ETH fork, Ubiq, and to a different pool than what Claymore uses for the devfee.

For example, I just restarted Claymore at 6:50AM and it immediately launched into mining the devfee, then it switched over to Pool.Sexy to mine UBQ for me, taking about 72 seconds in all to do so. At 7:44:23 it once again switched over to mining the devfee, so less than an hour later (granted, not much less, but still less), and the total time it took before resuming mining for me was again at least 72 seconds. And yes, this is in single mining mode, since I don't have much interest in roasting my GPUs just to mine a shitcoin like SIA.

I understand that if I were mining Expanse I could save some wasted time for devfee mining by using the DAG for that coin - e.g. -allcoins EXP; is there a similar option for UBQ? If not, then Claymore 10.2 is just marginally faster for me than Ethminer 0.12.0...

Apologies if this was covered in the previous 18739 posts, but I want to understand the devfee mining process better as it seems I am getting unduly penalized because I am mining an ETH fork, Ubiq, and to a different pool than what Claymore uses for the devfee.

For example, I just restarted Claymore at 6:50AM and it immediately launched into mining the devfee, then it switched over to Pool.Sexy to mine UBQ for me, taking about 72 seconds in all to do so. At 7:44:23 it once again switched over to mining the devfee, so less than an hour later (granted, not much less, but still less), and the total time it took before resuming mining for me was again at least 72 seconds. And yes, this is in single mining mode, since I don't have much interest in roasting my GPUs just to mine a shitcoin like SIA.

I understand that if I were mining Expanse I could save some wasted time for devfee mining by using the DAG for that coin - e.g. -allcoins EXP; is there a similar option for UBQ? If not, then Claymore 10.2 is just marginally faster for me than Ethminer 0.12.0...

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Nobody charged him premium costs. The post was just an advert of his small business: posted by Marcinprv (where "prv" I guess stands for "first" in polish) and you can find the same name on the advertised website (firstever.eu).

It looks pretty nice. And you are right, maybe 2 risers per SATA cable at the PSU is fine. But you have to admit that we enter in a "unknown" territory using molex to sata connectors, bc we cannot ensure the proper quality of the connectors (SATA side). It would be nice that risers were straight SATA to connect direct to PSU. Ok, it's sometimes a bit hard to pinpoint a build "issue" without sounding rude.

Can you add support fo 12+ GPU's?

It is working but I can turn on/off cards 11,12+ (only 0-9).
You can change it to two digits 00-99 or 0-9, a-z.
I can't see temperature and most options doesn't work (OC, Power Level etc).

BTW, MSI Afterburner also doesn't support 12+ GPU's (it can support 7 or 8 GPU's).

https://i.imgur.com/7wVzhmD.jpg

My Mining Rigs:

https://i.imgur.com/fXMUJj8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wOPlNTq.jpg

-GPUs in claymore are seen in hex. So, the index goes 0-9, then a-f. Your 11 and 12st GPU should be a and b respectively.
-Claymore supports way over 12+ GPUs. But it becomes a headache for the Operating Systems. Your best shot here is adding Nvidias. Please read the entire "readme.txt" file.
-Don't use MSI AB then, just use Wattman instead, or w/e software suits better for you.

I don't know if those were real questions or a excuse to brag about your rigs haha. As mentioned by OP, you (or w/e built that for you and charged you PREMIUM COSTS, hence the ad) made the worst choice about risers and cables. It seems that some1 needs to stop throwing the money and thinking about the health of the rig lol (you have a fire hazzard using that rig, or in the best case, melted risers and/or GPU hazzard). Nice building overall tho.
Quote from: rmoore95 on January 01, 2018, 01:25:54 AM
Trying to mine some UBIQ using Claymore's and keep getting this error message.  Anyone smarter than me (won't take much) know how to fix this?

ETH: Stratum - Connected (us.ubiqpool.io:8008)
ETH: Authorization failed
: {"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":null,"error":{"code":-1,"message":"Invalidlogin"}}
Stratum - reading socket failed 10038, disconnect
ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

@rmoore95 for you and the OP that tried to help you without luck.

1. Make sure you read the whole "readme.txt" file before start mining. It takes a few minutes and can save you ton of time.

2. The answer to your question is: Since Ubiq is an ETH clone; you NEED to use "-allcoins 1" or "-allcoins exp" parameter in your .bat file. Try with "-allcoins exp" so it wont switch DAGs while mining devfee.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Claymore please add fan/clocks/voltages management support for 17.12.x drivers like in CryptoNote 11.2 driver.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

Cool setup. Btw, the RM1000x have 3 Molex cables each, so you can connect all 6 risers directly instead of using those sata-molex adapters that you are using in the image, its safer that way.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Can you add support fo 12+ GPU's?

It is working but I can turn on/off cards 11,12+ (only 0-9).
You can change it to two digits 00-99 or 0-9, a-z.
I can't see temperature and most options doesn't work (OC, Power Level etc).

BTW, MSI Afterburner also doesn't support 12+ GPU's (it can support 7 or 8 GPU's).

The latest AMD Adrenaline 17.12.2 drivers broke the Claymore temperature and fan control in compute mode. On Windows 10 v1709, you can use the Crimson Relive 17.11.4 drivers with compute mode for up to 13 AMD cards. Temperature and fan control is working and you can also set the overclock, powerlimit and voltages directly in the miner command line or config file.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Release-Notes.aspx

If you want to use Afterburner, you need to use the AMD Aug. 23rd blockchain drivers on Windows 10 v1703 and you are limited to a max of 8 AMD cards.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx
Jump to: