Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 538. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Hi,
I have this:

Remote management: file reboot.bat was downloaded

and after the download my origin reboot.bat is changed.

The new file is:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-us2.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal 0x7a4F522BA8d420e66539De7d0439dE6600B397E7 -mode 1 -mport 3333

Why and how??!!!

Can you help me, pls...

Is the wallet address the same?

Yes. The wallet is from the reboot.bat and it is not mine...
I removed all in claymore's directory and pasted from another pc. and again after some time...
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Hello everyone

I have a rig with 4x ASUS RX470 4G and used to get 85+MH/s but with the time the hashrate got lower and lower and I thought it is because the difficulty is increasing.
But then the diff dropped and my hashrate continued to decrease, so now is ~75MH/s. I know my cards are not the best for this job  but still.. Also now they keep lower temperatures (54-57C).
Someone please explain to me what am I missing. Thanks

You are missing a lot brother.

Here is what you must do:

1. If you are using Windows 10, then go at AMD website, you will see a search box on the upper right corner, type " Blockchain".

2. First result is a driver, download it, uninstall your old gpu driver and install the new one, also make sure to use latest miner 10.1.

3. Problem solved, still use google in your free time and search "AMD DAG problem". You will now know what got you into all this.

Have a beer haha

[/quote
Hi MikeGR7
My MB is old and having driver issues with Win8 and 10 so I stick with Win7 for which the Blockchain driver is problematic.
Thanks for pointing that out Smiley

There is still a solution for Win7 mate.

Follow here:

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/14967/beta-driver-fix-hashrate-drop-dag-epoch-rx470-480-570-580-fix

Thanks MikeGR7. It worked for me ;]

actually there's no need to use blockchain beta driver no more.
all of those have the dag fix in them 17.10.2, 17.10.3. and 17.11.1 also have some bugs fixed, including API issues related to voltages set
(the only pain is to switch each card into compute mode)

I even upgraded some of my old ZEC & XMR 470 rigs from 16.11.4 Smiley
Activity: 64
Hi,
I have this:

The new file is:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-us2.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal 0x7a4F522BA8d420e66539De7d0439dE6600B397E7 -mode 1 -mport 3333

Why and how??!!!

Can you help me, pls...

Is the wallet address the same?
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Hi,
I have this:

The new file is:

Why and how??!!!

Can you help me, pls...

Probably got hacked.
Activity: 3
Hello everyone

I have a rig with 4x ASUS RX470 4G and used to get 85+MH/s but with the time the hashrate got lower and lower and I thought it is because the difficulty is increasing.
But then the diff dropped and my hashrate continued to decrease, so now is ~75MH/s. I know my cards are not the best for this job  but still.. Also now they keep lower temperatures (54-57C).
Someone please explain to me what am I missing. Thanks

You are missing a lot brother.

Here is what you must do:

1. If you are using Windows 10, then go at AMD website, you will see a search box on the upper right corner, type " Blockchain".

2. First result is a driver, download it, uninstall your old gpu driver and install the new one, also make sure to use latest miner 10.1.

3. Problem solved, still use google in your free time and search "AMD DAG problem". You will now know what got you into all this.

Have a beer haha

[/quote
Hi MikeGR7
My MB is old and having driver issues with Win8 and 10 so I stick with Win7 for which the Blockchain driver is problematic.
Thanks for pointing that out Smiley

There is still a solution for Win7 mate.

Follow here:

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/14967/beta-driver-fix-hashrate-drop-dag-epoch-rx470-480-570-580-fix

Thanks MikeGR7. It worked for me ;]
Activity: 26
Hi,
I have this:

The new file is:

Why and how??!!!

Can you help me, pls...
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Ok, so I have 2 x AMD 290 cards and can't get it to work. Does anyone have a config/command line argument for that setup? I'll happily donate a Decred or two.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
I had to reinstall all drivers, and it seems only 2 of the 5 cards are showing up.
Mixture of 480s and 580s, 2 of 3 580s show up, 0 of 2 480s show up.
Tried so many driver installs.

I also have mixed amd card models, what i do to reinstall drivers is:

1 - amdcleanuputility to remove the old driver
2- install the new driver i want
3- use the atikmdag-patcher right after drive instalation before restarting

hope it helps

Just curious, do you have modded BIOS?
Pixel Clock Patcher I believe is only used to get a modded card working.
All of my cards are stock.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
For the ones who are complaining about force restarts and freeze i will tell you my experience, i had the same problems and maybe this will help you to:
I have 5 sapphire rx580 8GB and 1 msi rx580 gaming edition 8GB, windows 10 64bit ver 1703
1. Until robin hood drivers i didn't have any problems with claymore or drivers or freeze. After installing this drivers i could not overclock my cards from claymore so i needed to tweak them with Afterburner and BIOS edits, but again i could stil function properly
2. When the official drivers from amd (still beta, but from official site) where launched i installed them and every 2-3 days I needed to reboot my sister. No matter what i have tried: OC tweets (even with the same settings which previously worked), I`ve seen the spikes in energy drawn by the sistem like Claymore said is causing the freeze.
3. Tha final step to create a stable sistem:
 - uninstall drivers with AMD wizard which installs also the 17.11.1 drivers. I didn't need to uninstall them from safe mode
 - patch the drivers
 - uninstall Afterburner
 - installed Claymore 10.1 with same Config file which worked with Robin Hood drivers
 - set every card in Compute mode, reboot the sistem and everything was set.

I already have a week without freeze or reboots.
Claymore could set everything except the fan speed of my MSI card: cclock, mclock, cvddc, mvddc
With 17.11.1 drivers i observe also a 50-60w economy on my sistem consumed

I hope this will help also others!

Hi! Well, i think im doing something wrong .
Ive been using AB ( 4.4) to overclock and undervolt GPUs koz i couldnt undervolt it in CM. If in CM i set -cvddc lets say 980 , ok its about 975 ( says GPUZ) , set to 900 , its 990, set to 930 , its 985 .
I thought its is fixed in CM 10 + 17.11.1 combo . But not, i cant set desired voltage via CM.

What am I doing wrong ? 
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Hi, Mr.Claymore
Please, make the "-minspeed" option understand, that there is no internet connection, so it doesn't actually mine. So, the reason of hitting "-minspeed" limit is not a hardware issue. So, I don't want the miner restarts (reboot the PC) in this case. You understand, that it triggers all other signaling like e-mail/messages "I have to reboot", "I have been rebooted" and so on from every miner affected.
I guess that there are people who need the opposite from what you describe (they need the -minspeed to get triggered from internet connection loss). I am not one of them but I am sure that there are cases where that makes sense.
I agree with you though on what you are saying. I would modify your request like this:
"Please add a flag that indicates whether internet connection loss will trigger -minspeed"

Ok I will add an option in next update so you can set if "-minspeed" should work if miner cannot reach pools or not.

Yes, the default behavior is exactly how i use this flag.

I am one of the users that suffer from the already reported problem:
Every 2- 3 days my internet connection drops and reconnects after 5 minutes.
After reconnection the cards work at a lower speed than normal almost half speed.
I can easily reproduce it with just unplugging and replugging the Ethernet cable.
Only solution was for me to manually close the miner and reopen it to regain full speed.

"-minspeed" option provided me a solution and when the internet reconnected, the miner detects the lower speed and restarts by itself and regains full speed.

If Claymore needs it, i can provide a video clip with this issue or whatever info he needs.

Thanks for development efforts either way!

Hmmm... I will try to check if the speed drop is connected with the "internet connection lost" problem... Thanks for pointing this out!
Hi, Mr.Claymore
Please, make the "-minspeed" option understand, that there is no internet connection, so it doesn't actually mine. So, the reason of hitting "-minspeed" limit is not a hardware issue. So, I don't want the miner restarts (reboot the PC) in this case. You understand, that it triggers all other signaling like e-mail/messages "I have to reboot", "I have been rebooted" and so on from every miner affected.

Ok I will add an option in next update so you can set if "-minspeed" should work if miner cannot reach pools or not.

Thanks a lot! Do you have ETA for the next update?
Hi, Mr.Claymore

I guess that there are people who need the opposite from what you describe (they need the -minspeed to get triggered from internet connection loss). I am not one of them but I am sure that there are cases where that makes sense.

I agree with you though on what you are saying. I would modify your request like this:

"Please add a flag that indicates whether internet connection loss will trigger -minspeed"

I think there is another uncovered case that bothers. There is a set of cool "failover" options in the miner. But all of them don't handle the trivial "internet connection lost" problem. O would prefer to run a "no_internet.bat" instead of stupid switching between mining pools. So, I understand your point, but I think it's really different. But lets Mr.Claymore to decide.
Activity: 16
Should I set clocks and voltage within claymore miner itself or is MSI AB better? Thanks
Activity: 36
Ofc the setting helped  Smiley
Activity: 7
Nice!

So micron memory seems to be the main culprit.

Had some that could even take +700 memory but 8 out of 10 they tend to hit a stability wall around +500.

If you achieve stability at stock clocks then try to put +500mem max on one card and keep the rest stock, if it's stable move on and add +500 to the second etc
There maybe one unlucky sample that cannot afford that OC.

I have once encountered instability as low as +250 in Micron.

I will try with an second PSU for sure. Because the thing that bothers me is that they worked for 3 days fully stable without any errors on +100 core clock, +650 memory clock and 75% power. With 187MH/s average. What changed suddenly, I really don't know.

We'll see how long will they work now with this settings. It's 2:30 hours for now, and counting.

And can it be that the MH/s jumped up when I changed the nVidia Control panel? Claymore reports 181.8MH/s on the run.

Thanks for the help and tips Smiley

EDIT: I'm not with my mining rig at the moment. But in a month or so I will do a detailed optimization. Separate clocks for every card to take out the maximum from the rig.
Now its crashing again with +530 memory clocks.

I'm not home at the moment, so all the physical stuff will wait for some time now. How can I measure the power from the wall, with a multimeter?

I will try a clean driver install. First uninstall them with DDU, then install fresh ones again.

Brother, brother, brother...

Let me help you a bit.  Smiley

First of all i miss critical information from your setup.

You have nVidia so the Nr.1 thing i need is to tell me what type of memory chips is in your cards. Check GPUZ and tell me.

Nr.2 you must do is this: Stop installing and uninstalling drivers cause it's useless.
Just go in nVidia control panel and disable any power saving from 3D settings. Choose max performance mode.

Nr.3 Set Windows Power plan in high performance, no sleep, no turning off display. Set 20000MB Virtual Memory, disable scheduled disk optimization, win updates and antivirus scheduled scans (Leave antivirus ON).

Last thing go to Afterburner and reset all settings, only thing you change is fan control to max fan speed above 67C.

After all that run miner again and report me if it's stable and we can work from there   Wink

In the meantime I played around again and set the memory clocks to +530, and power to 95%. Now its running for 2 hours without crashes.

1. The cards have Micron memory.
2. Done. Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance.
3. All of that I have done before I started mining.
4. I can turn on the fan speed, but the cards never got over 62C.

Nice!

So micron memory seems to be the main culprit.

Had some that could even take +700 memory but 8 out of 10 they tend to hit a stability wall around +500.

If you achieve stability at stock clocks then try to put +500mem max on one card and keep the rest stock, if it's stable move on and add +500 to the second etc
There maybe one unlucky sample that cannot afford that OC.

I have once encountered instability as low as +250 in Micron.

I'm not home at the moment, so all the physical stuff will wait for some time now. How can I measure the power from the wall, with a multimeter?

I will try a clean driver install. First uninstall them with DDU, then install fresh ones again.

You have nVidia so the Nr.1 thing i need is to tell me what type of memory chips is in your cards. Check GPUZ and tell me.

Nr.2 you must do is this: Stop installing and uninstalling drivers cause it's useless.
Just go in nVidia control panel and disable any power saving from 3D settings. Choose max performance mode.

Nr.3 Set Windows Power plan in high performance, no sleep, no turning off display. Set 20000MB Virtual Memory, disable scheduled disk optimization, win updates and antivirus scheduled scans (Leave antivirus ON).

Last thing go to Afterburner and reset all settings, only thing you change is fan control to max fan speed above 67C.

After all that run miner again and report me if it's stable and we can work from there   Wink

In the meantime I played around again and set the memory clocks to +530, and power to 95%. Now its running for 2 hours without crashes.

1. The cards have Micron memory.
2. Done. Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance.
3. All of that I have done before I started mining.
4. I can turn on the fan speed, but the cards never got over 62C.

Activity: 239
Merit: 12
Hi guys. I'm getting this error since yesterday. Trying to fix it but no success for now. Any hints what could be a problem?

Photo: https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=21867640249

GPU1, GpuMiner cu_k01 failed 73, an illegal instruction was encountered
GPU4, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU1, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 4 failed
GPU 1 failed
Setting DAG epoch #150 for GPU0
GPU0 failed
GPU0, CUDA error 73, cannot write buffer for DAG
GPU 0 failed
NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 999(an internal driver error occurred)
NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 999(an internal driver error occurred)
WATCHDOG: GPU error, you need to restart miner Sad

I have an 6x GTX1070 STRIX miner. Core clock +99, Memory clock +600. Tried to decrease it, but no effect for now. Running 10.0 Claymore Dual eth+sia. Power is on 90% for now. Tried to change it but also no effect.

Have you previously make this worked and suddenly have an error?

seems like a driver error or miner config problem to me

Yes the rig was working about 3 days without an error at +150 core clock and +650 memory clock. But I haven't touched the config file. What should I edit inside?

I got a stable build with memory clock decreased to +540, power to 100% and the last Claymore 10.1. I still got the "incorrect share" errors but its working stable for 34 hours now.

Maybe the problem is the PSU because I got an Corsair HX1200i Platinum for my build. I'am not home at the moment, so in a month I'll buy a second PSU and then try to raise the clocks again. Still I got an average 182MH/s which is not bad. But I think I can go to 200MH/s.

I restarted it today at 36 hours, and now its crashing every 3 minutes. Its driving me nuts!

EDIT: I lowered the memory clocks to +530, now it's working again.

Have you measured power from the wall? With your clocks and 100% TDP I bet you have psu problem (just extrapolating from my clocks and tdp as I run at 70%).
Jump to: