Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 542. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
hashrate on SM is still lower than w10  Sad
Activity: 95
Claymore Dual Miner Patched version

its fully working with Ethereum and its forks...!!!
i packed claymore 10.1 with its patcher you can just download and edit start.bat file..

download link:
https://github.com/faanigee/Claymore-10.1-with-Nodevfee/releases/tag/v10.1

Some useful instructions....!!!

Just place your wallet address into start.bat and start mining at full speed without devfee.
dont use exchage wallet for mining(you can use but you dont have there private key for other coins so consider it)...!!!
use your personal wallet for mining...!!!
you can mine any fork of ethereum like exp, ubiq, pirl etc...
(devfee of fork is mined at ethereum or ethereum classic you can get it using myetherwallet.com) from your fork address...!!!
enjoy free mining...!!!

donations or accepted for future development...!!!
ETH or ETC: 0x61cc1a74b6d0480bd8559b1954718e2400a34ba8
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Hi guys, i would like to get into ethereum mining but im not sure of how to do the setups.
Currently im trying out mining on my gtx 1070 gaming PC.

I have done nothing except these in my config file and launching the application.
-epool asia1.ethpool.org:3333
-ewal 0x8dbf995E3a1D3506Fed5f7C67E009c6e28e94950
#-epsw x
#-dpool stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4252
#-dwal DsUt9QagrYLvSkJHXCvhfiZHKafVtzd7Sq4
#-dpsw x
#-esm 1
-mode 1
#-tt 70
#-asm 0

Do i need to do anything further?
How do i see my balance?

I have seen this http://ethpool.org/miners/8dbf995E3a1D3506Fed5f7C67E009c6e28e94950 but i still cant figure out which is my balance

If anyone would be patience and assist me on this, i would greatly appreciate it Cheesy

You're doing a "predictable solo mining pool. 100% of the block reward will be credited to the miner who did contribute the most work to the pool."  Essentially, when you get about 1550 credits (as of now), you'll get a block all to your self.  Otherwise you get nothing until then.  The current page say that'll be about 22 years for you  Grin
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
thank youclaymore
Activity: 4
Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner
We should just rename this thread as

Newbies thread for all questions related to mining which has been answered X times already

Like seriously, people don't even know how to do proper research and just make this the #1 go to if they want to know about something.
Activity: 4
Activity: 36
Hi guys,
I'm new to this thing literally set up everything today  Grin
Problem is I have a 1080GTX card and been mining for an hour with total share of 15...can't pass 22mh/s! Very disappointing  Undecided
I don't want to overclock or anything but I was hoping I could at least get something around 30 Huh
Thnx

Sorry, make better research next time before you buy.

Your card is bad for mining ether because it uses GDDR5X memory.
You should have opted for 1070 instead. Do not bother to Overclock it max 1MH/s gain...

Anyways not all is lost, search Zcash mining and go that way instead of Eth.

Your card will do much better there  Wink
Activity: 8
Hi guys,
I'm new to this thing literally set up everything today  Grin
Problem is I have a 1080GTX card and been mining for an hour with total share of 15...can't pass 22mh/s! Very disappointing  Undecided
I don't want to overclock or anything but I was hoping I could at least get something around 30 Huh
Thnx
Activity: 119
Hey!

I have 8x Sapphire Nitro+ cards. I do get that the cards do consume even when not minining. I do have the TPLink-HS110 smart plug and the Kasa app on my iphone. When no cards are plugged and system is on, it pulls 53w. When I have all 8 cards dual-mining, it's pulling around 1240-1260w at the wall.

(1260-53)/8 = 150.875w per card.

I have both cvddc and mvddc set at 875mV and as per HWinfo, they average from 850 to 865mV when running.

If you want to consume less, try lowering your dcri value from 30 to 25 like mine. It'll lessens your dcr hashrate but should save you around 5-8 watts per card.

I have posted it before

I was unlucky enough to buy the TPLink-HS100 and not the HS110 model (actually the HS110 didn't exist in my country at the time). I am considering buying it now, even though I am currently using a borrowed Ubiquiti mPower (EU) which I have found to be pretty accurate.

My idle system consumption is 35w and total consumption while Dual mining is 1307, so it is 159w/gpu. Reducing dcri is the only thing that I haven't tried yet, I will do so in the next days and let you know, thanks for the tip.
Activity: 6
anyone tell how to use compute mode with amd....!!!
if possible attach screenshot...!!!

It's possible to opt for compute mode during installation, which will only install OpenCL support. This prevents some installations from severe crashing, as it happened to me. With the following commands everything worked smoothly for me

Code:
tar -Jxvf amdgpu-pro-17.40-483984.tar.xz
cd amdgpu-pro-17.40-483984
./amdgpu-pro-install --compute
sudo reboot

Is that what you meant?
Activity: 206
Merit: 20
Isn't Nvidia's control panel feature only ?

You can simply overclock your card as per need instead.
Activity: 95
Activity: 19
EthMonitor.NeT Monitor your miners online with Claymore EthMan
Random quote..
ok ive got it  but dont know how to use it is there a guide or something  have you got  link

many thanks

Thank you, disabling SLI has fixed the problem and all mining apps worked like a charm, i was actually thinking of reformatting the whole machine and installing windows 10, but anyways   Cheesy

another issue i got is that mining performance using two different apps is just 10 MH/sec per card  Huh Huh
http://grabilla.com/07b07-4f23d2b3-d4dc-44ef-890e-5056d8da9a31.png

I thought the GTX 970 can do 20 MH/sec (EACH), any ide on this ??...

Thank you,

Hopefully you were trying to quote me.. right ?

Anyways, in Nvidia control panel, look for "Optimize for compute" -> Enabled and see what you get.

Also, see this discussion at reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6hclmp/gtx970_mining_faq/
Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner
Mine ranges from 30.0 to 30.3 eth and 750-760 dcr @145-150w across all 8 cards.
1160/2025/875 with dcri25.

Electricity costs much for me so I prefer the lowest possible consumption.

I can get to the numbers (performance wise) that you posted but not with 145-150w. How did you measure that?

I use the following method for measuring gpu power draw:

• Remove all gpus and risers from the rig. I mean unplug them completely
  • Measure idle consumption of the rig.
  • Reconnect all gpus and risers
  • Measure mining consumption of the rig.
  • Perform a  mining - idle consumption and divide by the number of the gpus

Keep in mind that if you have your GPUs or risers plugged in (even without having them mining) they do consume power.
Also, I only measure power consumption using a wall meter.

Did you use that methodology for your measurements @greatauror28 ? What brand of RX 580 do you have?

Hey!

I have 8x Sapphire Nitro+ cards. I do get that the cards do consume even when not minining. I do have the TPLink-HS110 smart plug and the Kasa app on my iphone. When no cards are plugged and system is on, it pulls 53w. When I have all 8 cards dual-mining, it's pulling around 1240-1260w at the wall.

(1260-53)/8 = 150.875w per card.

I have both cvddc and mvddc set at 875mV and as per HWinfo, they average from 850 to 865mV when running.

If you want to consume less, try lowering your dcri value from 30 to 25 like mine. It'll lessens your dcr hashrate but should save you around 5-8 watts per card.

I have posted it before
Activity: 91
Merit: 1
just some info to sum things up:
I've got various 570s (hashing at 28.5-30MH) and vegas 64(40-41MH) running on winX anniversary with drivers: 17.10.2, 17.10.3, 17.11.1
Using overdriven tool for proper (not the same values for various stages, as claymore does) frequencies and volts - works great!
(actually I use it for vegas FE with 2017Q4 driver as well)

NEVER had an issue with setting "compute mode" - just fucking ignore the AMD GUI crap

Also for all those lazy people using AB - just DON'T. It should be the tool of last resort - only if nothing else works and immediate results are required... and can be achieved without fucking everything up.
Seriously. I'm tired of repeating myself on this issue. Don't use AB for AMD ever.

ok ive got it  but dont know how to use it is there a guide or something  have you got  link

many thanks

Thank you, disabling SLI has fixed the problem and all mining apps worked like a charm, i was actually thinking of reformatting the whole machine and installing windows 10, but anyways   Cheesy

another issue i got is that mining performance using two different apps is just 10 MH/sec per card  Huh Huh
http://grabilla.com/07b07-4f23d2b3-d4dc-44ef-890e-5056d8da9a31.png

I thought the GTX 970 can do 20 MH/sec (EACH), any ide on this ??...

Thank you,
Activity: 27
Try specifying it for each card like -cclock 1050,1050,1050,etc for all settings.

Guys,

When i set this ... only my first GC applies to it.... other GC are still standard setting... anything I am doing wrong?

-esm 0
-asm 1
-etha 0
-estale 0
-mode 1
-dcri 30
-retrydelay 2
-tt 70
-tstop 80
-fanmax 85
-fanmin 15
-cclock 1050
-mclock 1850
-cvddc 900
-mvddc 900
-platform 1

ETH: Stratum - Cannot connect to eu1.ethermine.org:4444
ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
watchdog - eminer thread hangs
Miner thread hangs, need to restart miner!

May be issue with internet or particular pool, may be adding alternate pools / server to epools.txt help.  
Activity: 129
just some info to sum things up:
I've got various 570s (hashing at 28.5-30MH) and vegas 64(40-41MH) running on winX anniversary with drivers: 17.10.2, 17.10.3, 17.11.1
Using overdriven tool for proper (not the same values for various stages, as claymore does) frequencies and volts - works great!
(actually I use it for vegas FE with 2017Q4 driver as well)

NEVER had an issue with setting "compute mode" - just fucking ignore the AMD GUI crap

Also for all those lazy people using AB - just DON'T. It should be the tool of last resort - only if nothing else works and immediate results are required... and can be achieved without fucking everything up.
Seriously. I'm tired of repeating myself on this issue. Don't use AB for AMD ever.

many thanks
Jump to: