Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 535. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Hi guys,

I'm mining with MSI P106 x6.
However, 2 of my cards are not able to run at the fan speed that i've set in AF, which is 65% fan speed.

It appear to be 65% for the first 5 minutes when the miner first launched, then it turn to 0%, sooner it turn to 100% fan speed for 1 of the fan.

My concern is will running 100% fan speed on my GPU kill the card faster ?

As it generates more noise and consume more electricity, can someone share how can i fix this ?

Back then, when i was mining zcash with EWBF miner, i don't have this problem.

I've attempted to reseat all the risers. It appears to b fine for 2-3 hours. after that it went back to normal for the same GPU.

Someone please help. Thanks all.

Looks like drivers reset because OC too high.  Dial back the OC.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
Does anyone know the fix for the WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit?

using this version with a sapphire r9 380x
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi guys,

I'm mining with MSI P106 x6.
However, 2 of my cards are not able to run at the fan speed that i've set in AF, which is 65% fan speed.

It appear to be 65% for the first 5 minutes when the miner first launched, then it turn to 0%, sooner it turn to 100% fan speed for 1 of the fan.

My concern is will running 100% fan speed on my GPU kill the card faster ?

As it generates more noise and consume more electricity, can someone share how can i fix this ?

Back then, when i was mining zcash with EWBF miner, i don't have this problem.

I've attempted to reseat all the risers. It appears to b fine for 2-3 hours. after that it went back to normal for the same GPU.

Someone please help. Thanks all.

https://ibb.co/e3VPnm
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
@oblione

4x vegas dual mining with no undervolt? That could be using more than 1200W. Check your consumption because you could be hitting the limits of your PSU.

@syncis

Not sure about cutting down on instances, but for the disk make sure you turn off the recycle bin, and if you're feeling adventurous you could turn off restore points. Each one uses 10% of the drive IIRC. Also the Claymore logs can add up after a while.

So would I need to set that in the wattman panel or by using the claymore config file?

Sorry pretty new to mining like this so am on a steep learning curve with these cards.

thanks for coming back so fast fella

You can check your real consumption with a wattmeter. You can use HWiNFO64, GPU-Z, or MSI Afterburner to get a rough "chip power" or "core power" reading (at least with any earlier cards...not 100% sure about Vega), but it will be less than your real consumption, because it doesn't account for memory or other subsystems of the card.

I would recommend latest stable Afterburner if you want to try undervolting if it will work (again...not 100% sure about Vega support). If not I guess you could use Wattman, but it's not the best tool. You could also try OverdriveNTool. Just google them for download links.
Activity: 281
zcash with gtx1080ti + 980ti i have this : (650watt consumption)
It is bad. You would be better off with Equihash coins - Zcash or ZenCash through EBWF or DSTM, mining on an exchange address with autosell option. Now Nicehash-Equihash looks more profitable in the short term than Zcash or ZenCash mining because there are many buyers for Equihash (BTC Gold), but that will fade away in a couple weeks.
I'd take ZenCash, as payouts would be more frequent, every day. Bittrex has autosell option, it sells the coins that get into your wallet for BTC. Or you can just hold your coins, waiting for a convenient exit price.
Don't forget about Power Limit, set it at 75-90%.
Hi. Can anyone tell me if Claymore has a miner that can mine scrypt algorithm .. or Claymore, do you consider making one ? Thanks.
GPU miners for Scrypt algorithm exist:
ccminer for nVidia (CUDA)
sgminer for AMD
GPU mining on Scrypt has ceased to be economically viable when Scrypt ASICs appeared. First Gridseed ASICs were 400-600 kH/s, on par with mid-end GPUs of that time (2013-2014). Nowadays, typical Scrypt ASICs deliver from 100 to 600 MH/s, 1000x times in performance and 10x in energy efficiency more that first ASICs (Gridseed used 10-15W for 500 kH/s > 50 kH/W and Bitmain L3 uses 800W for 500 MH/s > 625 kH/w).
There exist Scrypt-N and NeoScrypt algorithms, that are ASIC resistant ATM and suitable for GPU mining.
1) I am using miningpoolhub coin switching and sometimes when DAG is recreated by coin switch or devfee mining it ends up with all cards having zero hashrate.
Can I prevent this somehow?

I have RX 570 ASUS Strix 4GB in my rigs and MoBos are ASUS Z270-A PRIME.
1. Just a speculation: the DAG of the previously mined coin is not unloaded from VRAM and when generating new DAG for newly-switched coin, the GPU runs out of memory, i.e. you mine ETH, the DAG is ~2.18GB, later the pool switches your task to ETC, with a ~2.25GB DAG. 2.18+2.25>4 GB, out of memory error, OpenCL crashes, 0 hashrate on all GPUs. That might be a Linux-sensitive issue, haven't met it on Windows.
Since you are mining on MPH, you are switching between 4 coins: ETH, ETC, EXP and Musicoin. Is all the hassle worthy the extra 5-10% you get over mining a single chain? Factor in all the time your rigs are not effectively mining.
BTW, I would mine only ETH or ETC. Screw Expanse and Musicoin, first is scammy, later is laggard.
First of all, help us figure something out by posting your clocks & voltages.
On which pool do you mine?
Have you used HWiNFO to check for GPU Memory Errors? That is the most logical explanation
Looking for the easy way on OC? DYOR. Since Ethash performance is memory-dependent, VRAM clocks and latency matters. 1950-2000 MHz VRAM clocks is doable for almost all AMD Polaris RX4xx, RX5xx @ 0.9V; on nVidia you depend only on the VRAM manufacturer. Better specify your hardware.
Reputable pools with low latency and a decent share of total hashrate. I use mostly Ethermine for Ethereum mining. Don't use Ethpool. Don't use novice pools  Grin
Definitely use HWinfo for AMD and adjust the OC/intensity to avoid any GPU Memory Errors. If they occur, they appear in millions per second and will increase your invalid shares. HWinfo does not report Memory Errors for nVidia and I have never seen any incorrect shares on nVidia GTX10xx.
I use one  rx570 nitro+ for dual eth + cdr mining and my Hrate is about 30 MHs ( eth). The valid share is verry inconstant and after some hour decrease on 5. So i use the -r 180 restart option on Claymore bat and  in this condition i eliminate this min share. Have someone else this problem and what  is  the solution ?
Do you get a high percentage of invalid shares? The OC is not stable, GPU does not perform calculations properly. Do the fine tuning. I would recommend 1100-1150 MHz @ 900mV for core, 2000-2100 MHz @ 875-925 mV for VRAM and -ethi 16, -dcri 27.
Activity: 71
@oblione

4x vegas dual mining with no undervolt? That could be using more than 1200W. Check your consumption because you could be hitting the limits of your PSU.

@syncis

Not sure about cutting down on instances, but for the disk make sure you turn off the recycle bin, and if you're feeling adventurous you could turn off restore points. Each one uses 10% of the drive IIRC. Also the Claymore logs can add up after a while.

So would I need to set that in the wattman panel or by using the claymore config file?

Sorry pretty new to mining like this so am on a steep learning curve with these cards.

thanks for coming back so fast fella
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
@oblione

@syncis

Activity: 16
Guys i am banging my head against the wall with this issue.

I have h110 btc pro with 12 gpu, 6 ati and 6 nvidia, windows 10.

I really want to mine all cards in 1 instance but system freezes up when i do that.

Current solution is to have 3 instanses, First one for 3 ati, Second one for the other 3 ati, and third one for 6 nvidia.

Btw, i cant run 2 instances with only ati. As soon as i have more then 3 ati in 1 instance it freezes up. I could do 2 instanses with 6nvidia+3ati and 3 ati in the other one.

Is this a claymore issue that i cant run all cards in 1 instance? or more then 3 ati in 1 instance?

Another issue is that my disk is slooooowly running low. I have tried to clear everything I can but somehow something its ups all space after a while.

Any tips?

Activity: 71
Hi Guys

I'm wondering if you can help me with this.

my rig keeps rebooting shortly after the miner starts on this and I cant figure out why.

I'm using 4 x vegas
1200w PSU
latest blockchain drivers
32gb virtual mem
8gb ram

I've got the fans set manually it wattman to 3000rpm min
I've disabled all other over / underclocking and am just trying to run this as a baseline test before I start playing with the other settings

The miner starts up, runs for a few seconds and then the rig just resets and wattman resets everything.

The rig works brilliantly on cryptonote but I fancied giving some eth dual mining a try for a while.

Anything that would normally cause this type of behaviour?
Activity: 15
Just tried the new AMD drivers (Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.1) and saw a 20% drop off in speed. Went back to the blockchain drivers (23rd Aug) and speed back up. Not sure if this is isolated to my rig of RX480s but noticed drop was on both 8GB and 4GB models.

Propably you forgot enable compute mode in AMD control panel.

Still i advice you to stay where you are if your system is stable!
Good point, didn't realise it was off as default in the new drivers. I only updated the driver as I couldn't get Claymore's software to run after the latest Windows 10 update (fall creators update). It worked after install the new driver but slower as stated (didn't check the compute mode). After downgrading the driver to the blockchain beta all is running fine again so will leave it.
Activity: 36
Just tried the new AMD drivers (Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.1) and saw a 20% drop off in speed. Went back to the blockchain drivers (23rd Aug) and speed back up. Not sure if this is isolated to my rig of RX480s but noticed drop was on both 8GB and 4GB models.

Propably you forgot enable compute mode in AMD control panel.

Still i advice you to stay where you are if your system is stable!
Activity: 15
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
Sonebody has noticed a increase in stale shares since Yesterday on ethermine?

Not really, but stales have gone up since the fork.

I get about 2-5% stales, before the fork i never got more than 2% or 3%.

Fork?
Activity: 327
Sonebody has noticed a increase in stale shares since Yesterday on ethermine?

Not really, but stales have gone up since the fork.

I get about 2-5% stales, before the fork i never got more than 2% or 3%.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I think that claymore has done so much of the money that it does not even have time to answer or try to improve its software, I think it would now be to take out or decrease the devastated tax to 0.5% but then apologize but what fine did claymore ? will he go to some island to count the money? Shocked Roll Eyes
Activity: 441
Merit: 109
Hi. Can anyone tell me if Claymore has a miner that can mine scrypt algorithm .. or Claymore, do you consider making one ? Thanks.
Jump to: