Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 590. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Re: 40Mh/s swing for dual Eth&LBC dual mining

https://ibb.co/dH1UR5

I am getting reported hashrate as high as 161Mh/s and as low as 120Mh/s when dual mining eth & lbc. Is this normal? Many thanks in advanced.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Hi! Someone could post the Power Limit value on MSI Afterburner for a 6x Shappire Radeon RX 480 (Samsung memories, 8GB version) rig? I don't know how affects this value on GPU performance. For now I keep it in "0" with -96mV and automatic fans control. Many thanks in advance
Activity: 84
Hi!

I've experienced a weird bug on my new rig (6 * vega 56) . Everything works fine when I use 5 cards, but when I add the last one it boots, but 1 gpu always fails at the start of the mining and it freezes in seconds.
I've tried all the cards before one by one and they are perfect. Risers are fine as well. The weird thing is that when I try to start mining only 1 card fails, and it's not the same, it seems its a random stuff which one fails.

Config: Asrock h81 btc r2.0, g1840, 4gb 1600Mhz CSX, 2*750W EVGA GQ, WIN 10 64 pro, [Suspicious link removed]pute driver 2017-08-23, PSU1--> system, 3 cards and their risers, PSU2--> 3 cards and their riser.

I've tried to run 3 cards and the system on only 1 PSU (for days) and it worked perfectly --> ~620 W from wall. PSU shouldn't be the bottleneck.
I've tried to reinstall driver. I've tried to lower the power targets of all card by maximum 50%. I've tried stock settings. I've tried stock settings with 100% fan speed.
As i mentioned only 1 card fails per each start, but it looks random, it's not even connected to the same PSU.

5 cards work perfectly, 39Mh/s/card in solo mine, consuming 1010W from the wall.
Is it a software or hardware bug? I can't even guess, and I'm out of ideas what to try.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

I've had this problem. had to use DDU and remove the drivers completely and go back to square one. Once drivers were removed placed one card in the machine and installed the driver, shut down and install the rest of the cards.

Thank you! I'm gonna try this!
I've tried to reinstall driver using DDU, but all the cards were connected.

Did you have the same problem? Have you tried to simple reinstall with cards in and it didnt work?
After driver install on 1 card you put your cards at the same start or 1 card plus, restart 1 card plus .... ?

Its workiiiing! Thank you very much. I had no chance to figure it out by myself!
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
So atm no working solution for windows 7 with Claymore 10 and blockchain drivers? I've read someone has successfully run with such setup.

"First" unnoficial drivers, works fine.
You mean robinhood driver? Didn't work for me ((
Activity: 7
4 RX VEGA 56 + 1 RX VEGA 64
I used my VEGA 64 BIOS to flash on VEGA 56.
It works great ... I'll try to tune it more after some tests

https://imgur.com/a/smfUE
43-44 MH/s on Expanse (38.5 on ETH)

Full rig 850W at wall

Hey, just seen your screenshot.
What was the  performance on the 56ers before flashing 64BIOS?

I am using 2x 56ers, but I am having trouble in AMD Wattman to set the voltage and both core + mem clocks.
Whatever I set and applay, it would just not utilize the specified values.
Also, in my settings, cards will crash at around 950 MHz.

Cheers
KGV
Activity: 55
So atm no working solution for windows 7 with Claymore 10 and blockchain drivers? I've read someone has successfully run with such setup.

"First" unnoficial drivers, works fine.
legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Hi

Sorry if this was already asked in the huge amount of pages here.

Is there a way to set the fan speed on one fan, but leave the others running automatically?

-tt -50

sets all fans to 50%

I only want to set the first one to a static figure. The rest i want to be automatic as there originally were?

Let me know!

Thanks

Just use Afterburner to set custom fan profiles.
Activity: 1
I'm not able to use my RX Vega 64 on Ubuntu with Claymore Undecided

lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 510 (rev 06)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480] (rev e7)
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480] (rev e7)
09:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480] (rev e7)
0c:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Vega [Radeon RX Vega] (rev c1)
0e:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480] (rev e7)

But Claymore say's, I've only 4 Cards.

dpkg -l amdgpu-pro
Gewünscht=Unbekannt/Installieren/R=Entfernen/P=Vollständig Löschen/Halten
| Status=Nicht/Installiert/Config/U=Entpackt/halb konFiguriert/
         Halb installiert/Trigger erWartet/Trigger anhängig
|/ Fehler?=(kein)/R=Neuinstallation notwendig (Status, Fehler: GROSS=schlecht)
||/ Name                            Version              Architektur          Beschreibung
+++-===============================-====================-====================-====================================================================
ii  amdgpu-pro                      17.30-465504         amd64                Meta package to install amdgpu Pro components.

Any Idea?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Hi

Is there a way to set the fan speed on one fan, but leave the others running automatically?

-tt -50

sets all fans to 50%

I only want to set the first one to a static figure. The rest i want to be automatic as there originally were?

Let me know!

Thanks

I don't think that's possible to set one fan speed to static and the rest to auto with the Claymore miner. You can set individual target temps using the -tt command line parameter in Claymore, which will adjust the fan speeds automatically according to the GPU temperature. Otherwise, if you're on Windows, you can set the fan(s) you want to be static using Wattman or Afterburner and leave the others to auto before starting the miner.

-tt   set target GPU temperature. For example, "-tt 80" means 80C temperature. You can also specify values for every card, for example "-tt 70,80,75".
   You can also set static fan speed if you specify negative values, for example "-tt -50" sets 50% fan speed. Specify zero to disable control and hide GPU statistics.
   "-tt 1" (default) does not manage fans but shows GPU temperature and fan status every 30 seconds. Specify values 2..5 if it is too often.
   Note: for NVIDIA cards only temperature monitoring is supported, temperature management is not supported.
   Note: for Linux gpu-pro drivers, miner must have root access to manage fans, otherwise only monitoring will be available.
Activity: 60
Hi

-tt -50

sets all fans to 50%

Let me know!

Thanks
Activity: 84
Hi!

I've experienced a weird bug on my new rig (6 * vega 56) . Everything works fine when I use 5 cards, but when I add the last one it boots, but 1 gpu always fails at the start of the mining and it freezes in seconds.
I've tried all the cards before one by one and they are perfect. Risers are fine as well. The weird thing is that when I try to start mining only 1 card fails, and it's not the same, it seems its a random stuff which one fails.

Config: Asrock h81 btc r2.0, g1840, 4gb 1600Mhz CSX, 2*750W EVGA GQ, WIN 10 64 pro, [Suspicious link removed]pute driver 2017-08-23, PSU1--> system, 3 cards and their risers, PSU2--> 3 cards and their riser.

I've tried to run 3 cards and the system on only 1 PSU (for days) and it worked perfectly --> ~620 W from wall. PSU shouldn't be the bottleneck.
I've tried to reinstall driver. I've tried to lower the power targets of all card by maximum 50%. I've tried stock settings. I've tried stock settings with 100% fan speed.
As i mentioned only 1 card fails per each start, but it looks random, it's not even connected to the same PSU.

5 cards work perfectly, 39Mh/s/card in solo mine, consuming 1010W from the wall.
Is it a software or hardware bug? I can't even guess, and I'm out of ideas what to try.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

I've had this problem. had to use DDU and remove the drivers completely and go back to square one. Once drivers were removed placed one card in the machine and installed the driver, shut down and install the rest of the cards.

Thank you! I'm gonna try this!
I've tried to reinstall driver using DDU, but all the cards were connected.

Did you have the same problem? Have you tried to simple reinstall with cards in and it didnt work?
After driver install on 1 card you put your cards at the same start or 1 card plus, restart 1 card plus .... ?
Activity: 32
I'm probably the only person here who uses Ethman, but does anyone else have an issue where it constantly closes itself? Very frustrating.

Not me. I have Ethman running on 4 rigs (RX470, Win10 Pro, blockchain drivers) for days with no issue.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
I have 4x Rx470 running Claymore v.9.0, only for Ethereum mining.
I have observed that their hashrate is slowly decreasing over time.
I remember back 3 months ago they were at 28Mh/s each, now they are at 25Mh/s each (without changing anything on my configuration of course).
Here's how I run Claymore:
Code:
./ethdcrminer64 -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal  -epsw x -mode 1 -tt 68 -allpools 1
Any thoughts?

You need the dag fix drivers released by AMD

google "AMD blockchain compute drivers"
He will need the Block Chain Driver + Windows 10 + Claymore 10

Forgot to mention that I'm running on Linux - AMD drivers 16.60

I do not believe AMD made a version of the block chain drivers for Linux, someone can correct me if I am wrong however. The block chain drivers or the Robin Hood version are they only drivers that will correct your ever decreasing hashrate which will only go lower and lower as the DAG# increases.
Activity: 107
After nearly 80 hours of uptime one of my Vega FE's crashed... I had to restart my computer!  Pretty stable considering I mine while gaming and let Vega get a good work out!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
I've got a weird problem with an R290X card. Claymore just stopped detecting it this morning. Tried version 10, and 9.7. No AMD cards detected. Then I connect my LCD screen to the card, and play games with it, all works fine. No changes done to the setup for months. No updates.  Huh
PS: fresh install doesn't change anything, still no devices.

Try the older versions of Claymore and redo your start.bat file
Activity: 46
I've got a weird problem with an R290X card. Claymore just stopped detecting it this morning. Tried version 10, and 9.7. No AMD cards detected. Then I connect my LCD screen to the card, and play games with it, all works fine. No changes done to the setup for months. No updates.  Huh

Have you updated the drivers to the new blockchain drivers? If so have you used the AMD (atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe) patchers after?
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
Activity: 773
Merit: 528
I have 4x Rx470 running Claymore v.9.0, only for Ethereum mining.
I have observed that their hashrate is slowly decreasing over time.
I remember back 3 months ago they were at 28Mh/s each, now they are at 25Mh/s each (without changing anything on my configuration of course).
Here's how I run Claymore:
Code:
./ethdcrminer64 -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal  -epsw x -mode 1 -tt 68 -allpools 1
Any thoughts?

You need the dag fix drivers released by AMD

google "AMD blockchain compute drivers"
He will need the Block Chain Driver + Windows 10 + Claymore 10

Forgot to mention that I'm running on Linux - AMD drivers 16.60
Activity: 112
Help! I wrote over the Silent bios for my Nitro+ 570 8gb Hynix card. Does anyone have a copy? I really need it!!
Jump to: