Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 592. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hello all

I cannot use key during mining
The letter is displayed in the console and nothing else happens.

I use Windows 10 pro

What I do wrong ?

Thanx

Same problem, but Windows 10 Home
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Mister Claymore.
Question about Vega eth hashrate.

We already achieved impressive 2000h/s Monero speed using HBCC with blockchain drivers and 2 high intensity threads with xmr-stak-amd.
PM me for details.

Is it possible that with complete miner rewrite, maybe with 2 DAG files in one GPU we can get significant boost with ETH speed?
Or maybe this miner already exists and is used with some private farms?

1. Do you see improvements for enabled HBCC in multi-GPU system? If you use single GPU it may help a bit in some cases, but I doubt that it will help if you have six GPUs.
2. I'm not aware of any faster private ETH miners.

I have no experience with 6 Vega rigs but it certainly works for 3 gpu-s.

Have you tried to start XMR CPU miner in parallel? Perhaps HBCC just use bandwidth of main system memory. Just a guess, I did not check it yet. Though CPU miner mainly uses L3 CPU cache, not main memory, but soon I will check it anyway.
I have finished asm XMR kernels for all GPUs except Vega, I will check Vega in a day.

My system has poor Celeron G3900 cpu and cheapest ddr4 memory running low.
It cannot be boost from system memory.
I guess when you enable HBCC you are enabling some alternative paging scheme allowing effective usage of all GPU memory.

I get extreme instability and bugs with blockchain drivers.  Does this work on 17.9.1 drivers?  Is this an unreleased version of miner? I got ~1050H/s with blockchain driver, 950 mem (Vega 56).
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
Mister Claymore.

We already achieved impressive 2000h/s Monero speed using HBCC with blockchain drivers and 2 high intensity threads with xmr-stak-amd.
PM me for details.

Is it possible that with complete miner rewrite, maybe with 2 DAG files in one GPU we can get significant boost with ETH speed?

1. Do you see improvements for enabled HBCC in multi-GPU system? If you use single GPU it may help a bit in some cases, but I doubt that it will help if you have six GPUs.

Have you tried to start XMR CPU miner in parallel? Perhaps HBCC just uses bandwidth of main system memory. Just a guess, I did not check it yet. Though CPU miner mainly uses L3 CPU cache, not main memory, but soon I will check it anyway.
I have finished asm XMR kernels for all GPUs except Vega, I will check Vega in a day.

XMR is good but this is ETH thread ))). Can you try to run 2 gpu threads (with 2 DAG files) with 1 Vega? Current version shows 0 hashrate if I run 2 instances.
Activity: 15
Hi guys, have you ever seen such thing? GPU 0 - 80+MH???

ASUS RX480 4G with custom bios. All others GPUs have the same bios.
Core 1100, mem 1880, 890 mV.

It has been going like this for almost 5 hours.  I noticed that it was doing 27.7 and after a new job the hashrate jumps to 81 MH maybe 5 mins after miner started. Temperature is stable. Pool also gives a total of 222-224 MH for the miner. I will keep it running like this unless it crashes and will pray to have the same bug on more GPUs Smiley 

https://imgur.com/a/4M1Ox

EDIT: I checked the shares - GPU0 got only one. So this is some bug that increases speed, but does not increase actual processing of shares. Looks like the GPU revs on neutral.

https://imgur.com/a/x0TMZ
Activity: 44
Claymore,
I did not check ETH only mode, but in ETH+DCR mode it is easy to reproduce:
1) start mining (no clocks settings in bat file in my case)
2) wait until miner looses connection to pool (you can force it by unpluggung lan cable)
3) wait until miner connects to the pool again (plug in the lan cable)
4) in most cases the graphic card will work in P0/P1/P2 state with low clocks until you restart the miner

I have copyed parts of the log to this post, maybe it will help?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21431939

Then you should be able to see this issue if you press "0" key to disable GPU0 and then press it again two times to enable it. When I do it, everything works fine, I see P0 clocks when GPU is disabled and P7 clocks when it is enabled.
Pressing "0" doesn't force the graphic card to stuck on low P state.
But reconnecting to pool does...
I have reproduced this bug again:
https://image.prntscr.com/image/ODk4rUfXTlCwyS0txlLT5g.jpg (screenshot #1) - internet connection to pool was interrupted, miner reconnected to pool and RX470 is stuck at low P state (466/2000MHz), you can see that pressing "0" doesn't fix this problem, GPU0 is still stuck at 466MHz P state.
https://image.prntscr.com/image/4vZSrEESQU_5WWdpXXz-xg.jpg (screenshot #2) - after screenshot#1 was made, I restart the miner, and GPU0 now works on it's normal clocks (1125/2000MHz).

I can send you log file from miner from that time, when screenshot #1 was made.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
While I haven't touched the rig myself, it's been reported to me that HBCC segmentation can cause crashing on 1x to 16x powered risers.

Myself, both of my vega cards are running 8x in motherboard slots.  Without HBCC segmentation I get 36Mh/s, with I get 42Mh/s.  This is at HBM2 clock of 1100MHz.
legendary
Mister Claymore.

PM me for details.

Have you tried to start XMR CPU miner in parallel? Perhaps HBCC just use bandwidth of main system memory. Just a guess, I did not check it yet. Though CPU miner mainly uses L3 CPU cache, not main memory, but soon I will check it anyway.

My system has poor Celeron G3900 cpu and cheapest ddr4 memory running low.
It cannot be boost from system memory.
I guess when you enable HBCC you are enabling some alternative paging scheme allowing effective usage of all GPU memory.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Mister Claymore.

PM me for details.

Have you tried to start XMR CPU miner in parallel? Perhaps HBCC just uses bandwidth of main system memory. Just a guess, I did not check it yet. Though CPU miner mainly uses L3 CPU cache, not main memory, but soon I will check it anyway.
legendary
Mister Claymore.

PM me for details.

donator
Miners developer
Mister Claymore.

PM me for details.

1. Do you see improvements for enabled HBCC in multi-GPU system? If you use single GPU it may help a bit in some cases, but I doubt that it will help if you have six GPUs. Also for XMR, may be you see boost because you use bandwidth of main RAM? Try to start CPU miner to check it.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Hello all

I cannot use key during mining
The letter is displayed in the console and nothing else happens.

I use Windows 10 pro

What I do wrong ?

Thanx

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
@Claymore,

Just a friendly hint:

Sometimes miner can't reach maximum speed. I open the miner, clocks and voltages are being set properly but hashrate lies in the 225mh/s area. A simple miner restart resolves the issue

HWiNFO reports the desired clocks and voltages as set. The only thing that is wrong is the hashrate.

At first I thought that both the low hashrate on startup and random freezes issues were present only in multi-gpu rigs.

The low hashrate on startup occurred in my PC a couple of hours ago and it has only 1 gpu, so that is not the case. But what is interesting is that in my rig with 8 gpus it happens almost always, while in my pc with 1 gpu it happens rarely.

If you think it will help I can give you access to my rig to try to figure something out
legendary
Mister Claymore.

PM me for details.

donator
Miners developer
Claymore,
2) wait until miner looses connection to pool (you can force it by unpluggung lan cable)
4) in most cases the graphic card will work in P0/P1/P2 state with low clocks until you restart the miner

Then you should be able to see this issue if you press "0" key to disable GPU0 and then press it again two times to enable it. When I do it, everything works fine, I see P0 clocks when GPU is disabled and P7 clocks when it is enabled.
Activity: 44
Claymore,

donator
Miners developer
I tried to reproduce the issue with clocks and low speed until miner restart.
Windows 10, latest blockchain drivers, stock RX580 Nitro+.
1. No overclock: If I start miner in ETH-only mode, it shows about 16MH/s only (and low memory controller load in GPU-Z) and I see this speed for about 20 seconds, then it shows 24.6MH and works fine. For dual mode it shows full speed immediately. Unfortunately, I have no idea why GPU works slowly within first 20 seconds, it is something related to drivers.
2. I close the miner and apply some changes in clocks: memory 2000 -> 2100, core 1300 -> 1100. When I start miner, I see that it applies new clocks in about 10 seconds, but still shows 18MH/s only for first 20 seconds. Then it shows about 25.5MH.
Note that I use default ROM so these speeds are not high.
3. I close miner and apply new clocks again: -cclock 1000, -mclock 2050. Same behavior: it shows low speed at start, then normal speed for these clocks. GPU-Z shows changes in clocks in about 10 seconds after start.

So right now I cannot reproduce the issue with new clocks: in my tests new clocks are applied immediately, I don't need to restart the miner or reboot the system.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
So my rig is currently going theough a ohase of restarting every day even though i havent changed any settings. But claymore hangs on startup unless I reduce the OC substantially. I have tried adding "-lidag 3" to the bat file but it doesnt change anything.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Further to this ive added "-gser 2" which has had no effect at all either. What is the setting for "-eres" is it better to set it higher or lower than default 2?

At my wits end now, just hangs and restarts the whole pc

What are you using to OC?  Try resetting MSI after burner to defaults if you are using it and dial back your voltage settings in Claymore.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
So my rig is currently going theough a ohase of restarting every day even though i havent changed any settings. But claymore hangs on startup unless I reduce the OC substantially. I have tried adding "-lidag 3" to the bat file but it doesnt change anything.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Further to this ive added "-gser 2" which has had no effect at all either. What is the setting for "-eres" is it better to set it higher or lower than default 2?

At my wits end now, just hangs and restarts the whole pc
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
I'm selling my Gtx 1060s because they are not very good at mining. Whether it was the Hynix memory, or the bad components used, I only got  17Mh/s out of each card after OCing without touching the voltage. I cut my fingers twice with the fan blades, and whenever the network difficulty changes some of the cards hashrates drops to 1Mhs. I'm getting 22 Mhs from 570 8Gb and want to know how to increase hashrate other than increasing the memory clock, thanks.

Just get out now while you still can. Those GPU's going to start taking toes.   Shocked

Stop takin a P00P at him Tongue

To the OP : Look up Bios modding, your 580 8GB should be able to get 29mh easy peasy at low overclocks.

His "570 8GB" should hit 29.5 with alt ethash coins or 29 if he is using windows 10+ Claymore 10 + Blockchain drivers. Also dual mining LBR he should get about 65 mh's with LBR or about 730 with DCR
All he has to do is A. Up the memory clock B. Run Polaris 1.64 and click the Memory Timing button to load the specific memory timing for the card. Nice new feature of the Polaris fork" and he is good to go, Also I would put the following in the Start.bat for his 570   -cclock 1175 -mclock 2050 -cvddc 900 mvddc 900 -dcri 20 (with LBR)   -dcri 25 (with Decred)
Activity: 28
I have random hang problem with v10.0, win 10, block chain driver.
I give up now and changed to sgminer with lower hashrate, no devfee and no more random hang problem now.

You can reduce the clock, that should make it more stable.
Jump to: