Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 591. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 234
Merit: 102
I tried to reproduce the issue with clocks and low speed until miner restart.
Windows 10, latest blockchain drivers, stock RX580 Nitro+.
1. No overclock: If I start miner in ETH-only mode, it shows about 16MH/s only (and low memory controller load in GPU-Z) and I see this speed for about 20 seconds, then it shows 24.6MH and works fine. For dual mode it shows full speed immediately. Unfortunately, I have no idea why GPU works slowly within first 20 seconds, it is something related to drivers.
2. I close the miner and apply some changes in clocks: memory 2000 -> 2100, core 1300 -> 1100. When I start miner, I see that it applies new clocks in about 10 seconds, but still shows 18MH/s only for first 20 seconds. Then it shows about 25.5MH.
Note that I use default ROM so these speeds are not high.
3. I close miner and apply new clocks again: -cclock 1000, -mclock 2050. Same behavior: it shows low speed at start, then normal speed for these clocks. GPU-Z shows changes in clocks in about 10 seconds after start.

So right now I cannot reproduce the issue with new clocks: in my tests new clocks are applied immediately, I don't need to restart the miner or reboot the system.

I have an update regarding this issue:

- First I told you it happened on my 480 ASUS DUAL 4GB that was having an OCL thread hang, then at restart the GPU would stay in a lower performance mode, albeit having the clocks applied at miner start.

The problem is that this issue with non-rounded milivolt values with the miner makes the GPU have an OCL thread hang AND reset it's clocks. Then with the clocks reset when you open the miner back after the restart changing the default clocks/voltages makes the GPU enter in this lower performance mode.

With this ASUS DUAL 480 4GB, 1050core 1755mem and custom strap it hashes 25,35mh/s normally, 21,9mh/s on this lower performance mode. Restarting the PC makes it go back to the higher hashing value.

I have this same problem. It's like my rx 480 4gb drops into limp mode and hashes at half the speed until I restart the miner.
Activity: 234
Merit: 102
Hi!

I've experienced a weird bug on my new rig (6 * vega 56) . Everything works fine when I use 5 cards, but when I add the last one it boots, but 1 gpu always fails at the start of the mining and it freezes in seconds.
I've tried all the cards before one by one and they are perfect. Risers are fine as well. The weird thing is that when I try to start mining only 1 card fails, and it's not the same, it seems its a random stuff which one fails.

Config: Asrock h81 btc r2.0, g1840, 4gb 1600Mhz CSX, 2*750W EVGA GQ, WIN 10 64 pro, [Suspicious link removed]pute driver 2017-08-23, PSU1--> system, 3 cards and their risers, PSU2--> 3 cards and their riser.

I've tried to run 3 cards and the system on only 1 PSU (for days) and it worked perfectly --> ~620 W from wall. PSU shouldn't be the bottleneck.
I've tried to reinstall driver. I've tried to lower the power targets of all card by maximum 50%. I've tried stock settings. I've tried stock settings with 100% fan speed.
As i mentioned only 1 card fails per each start, but it looks random, it's not even connected to the same PSU.

5 cards work perfectly, 39Mh/s/card in solo mine, consuming 1010W from the wall.
Is it a software or hardware bug? I can't even guess, and I'm out of ideas what to try.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

I've had this problem. had to use DDU and remove the drivers completely and go back to square one. Once drivers were removed placed one card in the machine and installed the driver, shut down and install the rest of the cards.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
I have 4x Rx470 running Claymore v.9.0, only for Ethereum mining.
I have observed that their hashrate is slowly decreasing over time.
I remember back 3 months ago they were at 28Mh/s each, now they are at 25Mh/s each (without changing anything on my configuration of course).
Here's how I run Claymore:
Code:
./ethdcrminer64 -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal  -epsw x -mode 1 -tt 68 -allpools 1
Any thoughts?

You need the dag fix drivers released by AMD

google "AMD blockchain compute drivers"
He will need the Block Chain Driver + Windows 10 + Claymore 10

Windows 10 and Claymore 10 are not required.

The driver is on Linux/Ethos. And Claymore 10 does make a slight improvement but it's not a complete requirement. It won't be able to get your GPU temp stats without it though.

EDIT: nevermind, ethos does not have blockchain compute drivers! wtf amd!

I found with Claymore 9.8 voltage and clocking in the bat file did not work so well with blockchain drivers.
Also I tested this out on one card one machine not for mining. However my 3 machines for mining have windows 7 and I am not interested in switching those machines over to windows 10. So for me the solution is simple Claymore 10.0 for its optimizations for LBR, and Alt Ethash coins for now.
My 570's do 29.3 ethash 65 Lbr  My one 580 does 30.1 ethash 68 Lbr my 560's do 13.9 ethash 34 LBR. my 1060's are not so good at dual mining doing 23.6 ethash and 21 LBR
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
What is the hashrate of NVIDIA Quadro M5000  8GB?

2MH/s? Why is so bad! This card is shit for mining?
Activity: 140
I remember back 3 months ago they were at 28Mh/s each, now they are at 25Mh/s each (without changing anything on my configuration of course).
Code:
./ethdcrminer64 -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal  -epsw x -mode 1 -tt 68 -allpools 1
Any thoughts?

Windows 10 and Claymore 10 are not required.

The driver is on Linux/Ethos. And Claymore 10 does make a slight improvement but it's not a complete requirement. It won't be able to get your GPU temp stats without it though.

EDIT: nevermind, ethos does not have blockchain compute drivers! wtf amd!
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
Code:
Any thoughts?

Code:
./ethdcrminer64 -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal -epsw x -mode 1 -tt 68 -allpools 1
Any thoughts?

Activity: 773
Merit: 528
Code:
./ethdcrminer64 -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal -epsw x -mode 1 -tt 68 -allpools 1
Any thoughts?
Activity: 280
What is the hashrate of NVIDIA Quadro M5000  8GB?

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
1. No overclock: If I start miner in ETH-only mode, it shows about 16MH/s only (and low memory controller load in GPU-Z) and I see this speed for about 20 seconds, then it shows 24.6MH and works fine. For dual mode it shows full speed immediately. Unfortunately, I have no idea why GPU works slowly within first 20 seconds, it is something related to drivers.
2. I close the miner and apply some changes in clocks: memory 2000 -> 2100, core 1300 -> 1100. When I start miner, I see that it applies new clocks in about 10 seconds, but still shows 18MH/s only for first 20 seconds. Then it shows about 25.5MH.
3. I close miner and apply new clocks again: -cclock 1000, -mclock 2050. Same behavior: it shows low speed at start, then normal speed for these clocks. GPU-Z shows changes in clocks in about 10 seconds after start.

So right now I cannot reproduce the issue with new clocks: in my tests new clocks are applied immediately, I don't need to restart the miner or reboot the system.

Same here, Gygabyte RX580 custom, w10, aug 11 drivers, ETH only. Everything stable. What I also noticed is that if I reboot, after the initial low hash seconds, sometimes 1 min or so, it recovers to the normal hash but the voltage at the wall is 50W lower when normal speed is restored. Then, after another minute or two, the power consumption goes up again with the same normal high hash speed.
Activity: 46
I know it's kind of off topic. Does anyone know this store? It's trustable?

https://boston-electronics.us/
Activity: 189
To Mr. Claymore.

Just a wish . Im monitoring my rigs through corp. FW. Because of that i have to use only common ports on -mport option, like 80,443.
Third rig on same IP works on 8008 port. If i user browser - it show fine. If i use your Miner Manager ( ver. 3.1 for examp.) it cannot watch that rig.

I suppose it is becouse of proxy settings for browser.

Could you add an option to use proxy in Miner Manager's next release ?

Thanks.
I'm probably the only person here who uses Ethman, but does anyone else have an issue where it constantly closes itself? Very frustrating.
Activity: 20

-dcri 25 (with Decred)
Which is the best "-dcri" value for a RX 480 8GB rig? I'm trying with 21 since 25 it wasn't stable. Claymore automatically lower the intensity of Decred mining, it could be that one GPU reaches max temp value?

Best for me -dcri 30, but rx580. ETH ~29.5 / DCR ~890 . My temp's ~ 65 for MSI Armor , 55-55 for Gaming X , and more then 70~ for Asus Dual . Asus poor cards, i will never buy them again.
I do not use them for dual - only solo.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10

-dcri 25 (with Decred)
[/quote]

Which is the best "-dcri" value for a RX 480 8GB rig? I'm trying with 21 since 25 it wasn't stable. Claymore automatically lower the intensity of Decred mining, it could be that one GPU reaches max temp value?
Activity: 21
I'm selling my Gtx 1060s because they are not very good at mining. Whether it was the Hynix memory, or the bad components used, I only got  17Mh/s out of each card after OCing without touching the voltage. I cut my fingers twice with the fan blades, and whenever the network difficulty changes some of the cards hashrates drops to 1Mhs. I'm getting 22 Mhs from 570 8Gb and want to know how to increase hashrate other than increasing the memory clock, thanks.

Just get out now while you still can. Those GPU's going to start taking toes.   Shocked

Stop takin a P00P at him Tongue

To the OP : Look up Bios modding, your 580 8GB should be able to get 29mh easy peasy at low overclocks.

His "570 8GB" should hit 29.5 with alt ethash coins or 29 if he is using windows 10+ Claymore 10 + Blockchain drivers. Also dual mining LBR he should get about 65 mh's with LBR or about 730 with DCR
All he has to do is A. Up the memory clock B. Run Polaris 1.64 and click the Memory Timing button to load the specific memory timing for the card. Nice new feature of the Polaris fork" and he is good to go, Also I would put the following in the Start.bat for his 570   -cclock 1175 -mclock 2050 -cvddc 900 mvddc 900 -dcri 20 (with LBR)   -dcri 25 (with Decred)

Thanks, will try this. I'm using MSI Armor 4Gb and 8Gb version of the 570, and it kept crashing when I synched settings on all cards, so I'll try it with different settings on AB.  I'll take stability over hashrate anyday of the week.
PPB
Activity: 3

I have an update regarding this issue:

- First I told you it happened on my 480 ASUS DUAL 4GB that was having an OCL thread hang, then at restart the GPU would stay in a lower performance mode, albeit having the clocks applied at miner start.

The problem is that this issue with non-rounded milivolt values with the miner makes the GPU have an OCL thread hang AND reset it's clocks. Then with the clocks reset when you open the miner back after the restart changing the default clocks/voltages makes the GPU enter in this lower performance mode.

With this ASUS DUAL 480 4GB, 1050core 1755mem and custom strap it hashes 25,35mh/s normally, 21,9mh/s on this lower performance mode. Restarting the PC makes it go back to the higher hashing value.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
updated all of my mining rigs to the latest Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug11 driver
updated the mining software on all of my rigs to Claymores 10

- rigs are much more stable under dual mining ( ETH/SIA )
- slightly better hashrate on ETH side with same setting from previous Claymore's Software
Activity: 84
Hi!

I've experienced a weird bug on my new rig (6 * vega 56) . Everything works fine when I use 5 cards, but when I add the last one it boots, but 1 gpu always fails at the start of the mining and it freezes in seconds.
I've tried all the cards before one by one and they are perfect. Risers are fine as well. The weird thing is that when I try to start mining only 1 card fails, and it's not the same, it seems its a random stuff which one fails.

Config: Asrock h81 btc r2.0, g1840, 4gb 1600Mhz CSX, 2*750W EVGA GQ, WIN 10 64 pro, [Suspicious link removed]pute driver 2017-08-23, PSU1--> system, 3 cards and their risers, PSU2--> 3 cards and their riser.

I've tried to run 3 cards and the system on only 1 PSU (for days) and it worked perfectly --> ~620 W from wall. PSU shouldn't be the bottleneck.
I've tried to reinstall driver. I've tried to lower the power targets of all card by maximum 50%. I've tried stock settings. I've tried stock settings with 100% fan speed.
As i mentioned only 1 card fails per each start, but it looks random, it's not even connected to the same PSU.

5 cards work perfectly, 39Mh/s/card in solo mine, consuming 1010W from the wall.
Is it a software or hardware bug? I can't even guess, and I'm out of ideas what to try.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Jump to: