Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 593. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
I'm selling my Gtx 1060s because they are not very good at mining. Whether it was the Hynix memory, or the bad components used, I only got  17Mh/s out of each card after OCing without touching the voltage. I cut my fingers twice with the fan blades, and whenever the network difficulty changes some of the cards hashrates drops to 1Mhs. I'm getting 22 Mhs from 570 8Gb and want to know how to increase hashrate other than increasing the memory clock, thanks.

Just get out now while you still can. Those GPU's going to start taking toes.   Shocked

Stop takin a P00P at him Tongue

To the OP : Look up Bios modding, your 580 8GB should be able to get 29mh easy peasy at low overclocks.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I have random hang problem with v10.0, win 10, block chain driver.
I give up now and changed to sgminer with lower hashrate, no devfee and no more random hang problem now.
Activity: 3
Not able to Play with core voltage yet.

Using MSI AMD Rx580, Latest drivers for AMD , AB 4.4.0 Beta 16

Please guide me how to go ahead and resolve it for undervolt earlier version was at 90W per GPU only power now it jumped to 130-140W

Thanks in advance
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
So my rig is currently going theough a ohase of restarting every day even though i havent changed any settings. But claymore hangs on startup unless I reduce the OC substantially. I have tried adding "-lidag 3" to the bat file but it doesnt change anything.

Anyone else had a similar problem?
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
I'm selling my Gtx 1060s because they are not very good at mining. Whether it was the Hynix memory, or the bad components used, I only got  17Mh/s out of each card after OCing without touching the voltage. I cut my fingers twice with the fan blades, and whenever the network difficulty changes some of the cards hashrates drops to 1Mhs. I'm getting 22 Mhs from 570 8Gb and want to know how to increase hashrate other than increasing the memory clock, thanks.

Just get out now while you still can. Those GPU's going to start taking toes.   Shocked
PPB
Activity: 3

I need to know Windows version, GPU model and drivers version to be able to reproduce this issue.

My specs:

Windows 10 x64 Enterprise - BUILD 10240
Driver - AMD blockchain Beta driver driver, 23 aug (windows driver version 22.19.659.0)
GPUs:
1x ASUS DUAL 480 4GB
1x Sapphire 470 Nitro+ 4GB
3x MSI 750 Armor OC 4GB

They all exhibit the changing clock/voltage -> lower performance until reboot issue that IMO is ADL related (as it happened always for me with Polaris GPUs, not only with mining, general use and gaming too, you can even see how the bandwidth is cut with AIDA or other bw gpu bench when you alter settings at least on windows with polaris GPUs).

The x25mv x50mv x75mv x00mv only voltage issue is a deduction of mine after seeing the gpu instant hang when using other voltages than these ones on the ASUS DUAL 480 4GB.
Activity: 21
Don't blame machine...you said that you cut your fingers on blades, two times? Wow mate, maybe this is not for you?

Dude, why don't you stick a finger into one of the cards and see what happens? I didn't do it on purpose. The main reason I'm changing the cards is because the hashrate drops to 1, not because I cut my finger etc.
LOL, you shouldn't have mentioned these fingers dude, just made my day.

Yeah, I should turn it off and then handle the cards not the other way around.
Activity: 67
Don't blame machine...you said that you cut your fingers on blades, two times? Wow mate, maybe this is not for you?

Dude, why don't you stick a finger into one of the cards and see what happens? I didn't do it on purpose. The main reason I'm changing the cards is because the hashrate drops to 1, not because I cut my finger etc.
LOL, you shouldn't have mentioned these fingers dude, just made my day.

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Hello, I´m using claymore together with Nicehashminer Legacy. The nsgpucnminer.exe is running 100% stable, without any rejected or stale Shares. But any round of DevFee Mining is cousing a disconnection and a reconnection, after 20 sec. After that, it is working fine again, unti the next DevFee appears.

DevFee:  Connection lost, retry in 20 sec...

How can i get ridd of these disconnections?
Regards,
Scandalrosi

You can't, that is how the Dev Fee works.
From the OP..
"every hour the miner mines for 36 or 72 seconds for developer. "
This means it disconnects from your server, connects to the Dev Fee server then reconnects to your server every hour.

The "DevFee:  Connection lost, retry in 20 sec..." is your server noticing the disconnection for the Dev Fee mining and trying to reconnect, but it will not re-connect until the Dev Fee mining time is completed.
Activity: 22
Hello, I´m using claymore together with Nicehashminer Legacy. The nsgpucnminer.exe is running 100% stable, without any rejected or stale Shares. But any round of DevFee Mining is cousing a disconnection and a reconnection, after 20 sec. After that, it is working fine again, unti the next DevFee appears.

DevFee:  Connection lost, retry in 20 sec...

How can i get ridd of these disconnections?

Regards,
Scandalrosi
Activity: 41
Im still having problem with the freeze issue ......

I can confirm I can have the same issue with Claymore freezing along with windows

These look exactly like the problem I had. Sorry that my solution did not work for you guys as well.

It is possible that I have misunderstood the solution in my case. Maybe I did something else (except from lowering -cvddc) that fixed the problem and I missed that. I will be thinking of it through the day, trying to recall my actions during my tests.

One thing I can think of straight away is this: initially I lowered my -cclock from 1140 to 1130. After I did that, my next step was to lower my -cvddc from 875 to 850 (which I took as a solution)

Those things may seem insignificant for you, but I will say something that may ring a bell for you:

I have noticed that Claymore v.10.0 sometimes has some sort of "delayed effect". Changing a setting (lets say -cclock  or cvddc) will not take affect the first time you start the miner!
This has happened to me more than once. I have set a new value on a parameter, I run the miner, I did not notice the change I would expect, I restarted the miner and then the desired changes appeared.
This problem may have the same cause as this one:
Sometimes miner can't reach maximum speed. I open the miner, clocks and voltages are being set properly but hashrate lies in the 225mh/s area. A simple miner restart resolves the issue
which is a problem I have not yet resolved. A simple -minspeed will save me from trouble in this case, so I will not be spending much time on this one

So whatever you try as a "fix", restart your miner a couple of times to be sure

I guess I have seen the problem Roll Eyes   Im so sorry if i neglect the PSU and its cable thing.
https://imgur.com/sL0B0aD

Thanks a lot guys, i hope it will keep mining afterthen.
Activity: 119
Im still having problem with the freeze issue ......

I can confirm I can have the same issue with Claymore freezing along with windows

These look exactly like the problem I had. Sorry that my solution did not work for you guys as well.

It is possible that I have misunderstood the solution in my case. Maybe I did something else (except from lowering -cvddc) that fixed the problem and I missed that. I will be thinking of it through the day, trying to recall my actions during my tests.

One thing I can think of straight away is this: initially I lowered my -cclock from 1140 to 1130. After I did that, my next step was to lower my -cvddc from 875 to 850 (which I took as a solution)

Those things may seem insignificant for you, but I will say something that may ring a bell for you:

I have noticed that Claymore v.10.0 sometimes has some sort of "delayed effect". Changing a setting (lets say -cclock  or cvddc) will not take affect the first time you start the miner!
This has happened to me more than once. I have set a new value on a parameter, I run the miner, I did not notice the change I would expect, I restarted the miner and then the desired changes appeared.
This problem may have the same cause as this one:
Sometimes miner can't reach maximum speed. I open the miner, clocks and voltages are being set properly but hashrate lies in the 225mh/s area. A simple miner restart resolves the issue
which is a problem I have not yet resolved. A simple -minspeed will save me from trouble in this case, so I will not be spending much time on this one

So whatever you try as a "fix", restart your miner a couple of times to be sure
Activity: 5
I have the following setup

MB: Gigabyte H110-D3A LGA 1150
CPU: Celeron
RAM: 12GB
PSU: 2* 650 Corsair

GPU: 5* Asus DUAL RX580 8GB not modded

I have setup this rig with Windows 10 and after mining for 3 days it crashed and kept crashing every some hours after that. I tried to use EthOS and I have the same results.
I have tried all the settings I could possibly think of, changed many drivers, removed cards and added them back with the same result.

I have also seen that there is a GPU Hang error, which is not originating from a specific GPU but a random at any time
Activity: 41
Im still having problem with the freeze issue after doing some changing slot and replacing risers, changing drivers from 15.3 to the latest(cant control the fan), changing CM version from v6 to v10, checked the cables but there is nothing wrong, trying 4 cards from previous 5 cards running still freezes, doing GEN 1 from GEN 2 but all of them seems doesnt fix it. it still freezes. I removed the PSU thing since I have 1800w supply.
One thing I did not do it yet is reinstalling the OS because it would be my last resort and hope would fix it.

Also I noticed, after a couple of minutes when the CM runs, there is a cmd showing then it disappeared, several minutes afterthen the rig would freeze. Im really so confused because everything just started 3days ago, this R9 rig is running without any issue and I dont have any problem with it.

What I do now is Im trying to run it under SMOS and its running for 30minutes now, I will update this one later.

WIN10
MOBO z87 Deluxe
4x r9 290
1x r9 390
PSU 1050w + 750w
RAM 16gb
Activity: 62
I need to know Windows version, GPU model and drivers version to be able to reproduce this issue.

I'm using Windows 10, blockchain official drivers and a number of different models of 470/480/570/580 4/8gb cards throughout all my rigs. These problems happen to all of them.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
Whoever it was that posted about the ROCm kernel many pages ago, thank you!!! Some cards absolutely will not work without it.

https://rocm.github.io/ROCmInstall.html + GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="amdgpu.vm_fragment_size=9"
Activity: 119
@kkourmousis,
power doesnot seem to be the issue. I have the same thing with my rig and tested it with 2 and 3 GPUs and it still freezzes

Sorry to hear that. Try what worked out for me: lower your -cvddc a bit

Check my above post for more info
Jump to: