Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 607. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I don't know if it is specific to me, but I also have issues installing drivers in win10 for vega.  I get one driver installation, after that something always goes wrong and I have to reinstall windows.

Awesome it's not just me. I have the same issue's that I get 1 installed fine anything after that it's a 50/50 chance that the driver installs correctly for the other 9 Vega gpu's. I haven't tried another driver yet besides the Aug23 blockchain driver. Have you? Trying to compare notes to see what else to test to try and get them hashing. I've spent WAY to much time on get more that 1 Vega GPU working...

I'm running 2x Vega FE.  The public drivers I've run are Vega FE release drivers, Vega FE beta(public) and the aug. 23 block chain drivers.  

I got both cards up to 42.4Mh/s last night.  Windows updated and restarted the computer and I can't get them past 36mh/s now.  Very frustrating.

(edit) speed for 8 RX vega is 319/MHs and 10AMPS

Well FUCK this but her ya go found the fix to this... Get Windows installed and install team viewer from there and install drivers from there. Only install 8 GPU's more than that it will CRASH on you when you do the driver install. Don't be afraid to reboot the system while the driver install isn't going on a you can't connect via team viewer. Also apply claymore clocks and mem clocks first then use overdriveN about 1min after to fix the clock speeds.

https://imgur.com/a/CkRan

regards,
tharp
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
@claymore, sir please add support for pascalcoin solomining.  Smiley
Activity: 1
The MEGA files are infected with viruses / trojans, but the GOOGLE ones are fine....
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
when my internet falls and back the boards do not return to render as they were rendering before.

do you have any command to restart the miner in case of a drop in yield or to rebound the os?
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Got bad news on RX Vega 56 - managed to do a test with the Beta Blockchain Drivers (solely released to fix the Dag file memory issue for the RX 580/480 and 570/470 GPUs).

RX Vega 56

-24% Powertune
HMB2 925mhz
Default Clock ranging between 1136mhz to 1260mhz.
PSU Efficiency is 90%
Power Draw 152watts

Miner produced a Claymore result of 35.4mhs for 153watts.

Pool shares 40 minutes never above the rate for 36mhs.
Pool shares next 40 minutes around the rate for 25.5mhs.

Average pool shares found averaged around 31mhs for Ethereum - the same as the main official drivers. The Beta Blockchain Drivers are for the RX 580s and RX 570s, when used on RX Vega GPUs they produce fake hashrate figures, which are incorrect by 4mhs.

Beta Blockchain drivers do reduce powerdraw by 13watts per GPU, compared to the official drivers for RX Vega 56. This is why people are using them!

Nothing like a definitive 40min no name pool test to prove things.  Cheesy

RX Vega has 2 stacks of 4GB HBM2 memory modules - how would it have Dag size memory problem?

You can stick the entire Ethereum Dag file on one module or the other module.  

I not going to waste extra money on electricity for 1 week of testing, when most people have figured out those hashrate screenshots are fakes for Ethereum mining.

HBM is stacked memory.  I don't think its one 4GB Module its like four 1GB modules stacked ontop of each other.

You do realise the R9 290 4GB was not affected by the Dag File size issue this year!

Im aware.  You do know that r9 290 is totally different memory and 512bit bus, right?  You keep stating stupid facts that have correlation to your arguments lol.  Maybe you should start with why there was a DAG issue with some AMD cards and work your way backwards.
Activity: 36
Vega 64 here.  

All the numbers below are dual mining eth+dcr.  

I also feel like the blockchain driver hashrate in Claymore is not real.  Two weeks of mining on ethermine with blockchain drivers and stuck at 24hr avg of 32 MH but reported is always 37 MH.  Perhaps that is expected?  32 MH is what I get with non-blockchain drivers and at least over 48 hours I got 24 avg of 32MH, perhaps that was luck?  

I run at -22% power and otherwise leave clock speed and voltage alone.  Not by choice.  Any changes to voltage wrecks hashrate.

On blockchain drivers.  Anytime I adjust any voltage or clock speed on either core or memory the cards hashrate drops ~-3MHs and gets stuck there.  Memory locks to 800Mhz on anything higher than 945Mhz.   I have not tried non-blockchain drivers.  Given I hear folks are hitting 40+ with non-blockchain drivers in recent news I might have to give it a try.

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
Got bad news on RX Vega 56 - managed to do a test with the Beta Blockchain Drivers (solely released to fix the Dag file memory issue for the RX 580/480 and 570/470 GPUs).

RX Vega 56

-24% Powertune
HMB2 925mhz
PSU Efficiency is 90%
Power Draw 152watts

Average pool shares found averaged around 31mhs for Ethereum - the same as the main official drivers. The Beta Blockchain Drivers are for the RX 580s and RX 570s, when used on RX Vega GPUs they produce fake hashrate figures, which are incorrect by 4mhs.

Beta Blockchain drivers do reduce powerdraw by 13watts per GPU, compared to the official drivers for RX Vega 56. This is why people are using them!

RX Vega has 2 stacks of 4GB HBM2 memory modules - how would it have Dag size memory problem?

I not going to waste extra money on electricity for 1 week of testing, when most people have figured out those hashrate screenshots are fakes for Ethereum mining.

HBM is stacked memory.  I don't think its one 4GB Module its like four 1GB modules stacked ontop of each other.

You do realise the R9 290 4GB was not affected by the Dag File size issue this year!

RX Vega 56

-24% Powertune
HMB2 925mhz
PSU Efficiency is 90%
Power Draw 152watts

HBM is stacked memory.  I don't think its one 4GB Module its like four 1GB modules stacked ontop of each other.
legendary

RX Vega 56

-24% Powertune
HMB2 925mhz
PSU Efficiency is 90%
Power Draw 152watts

RX Vega 56

-24% Powertune
HMB2 925mhz
PSU Efficiency is 90%
Power Draw 152watts

Nothing like a definitive 40min no name pool test to prove things.  Cheesy
legendary

RX Vega 56

-24% Powertune
HMB2 925mhz
PSU Efficiency is 90%
Power Draw 152watts

Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner
Okay I have found a way. Because we can't undervolt via Claymore, I change voltage value in bios, then flash, in order to bypassing Claymore undervolting ^^

Did it work on you? What miner version are you using and what AMD driver?

It works. I have set voltage and frequency with PolariosBiosEditor, flash it with atiflash. Then, I use AfterBurner to preset core/memory frequency (boot with windows), and HWmonitor or any monitor read my settings : 1266MHz/900mV and 2250MHz/900mv Smiley On the wall I have around 720W with my 4 RX580, like before blockchain driver, and everything running well.
But I still waiting claymore update to try lower voltage without flash bios at each change ^^'

Out of all the countless hours I've spent tweaking my 580 dual OC, i've come to this conclusion as well.

This card maxes out the memory at 2050 and nothing more. One more Mhz over and it'll crash on you.

Update. Vega 56
36MH/s 135W at wall (wattmeter)

-15% powerlimit (But I guess it's not usefull because I reduce a lot the GPU clock, I 'll check the effect of this later
Core 925
Mem 970
Fan 80%

https://imgur.com/a/VCXm7

118 GPU power draw and 135 at the wall? Something's not right here.

Please post picture of wall meter.
Update. Vega 56

-15% powerlimit (But I guess it's not usefull because I reduce a lot the GPU clock, I 'll check the effect of this later
Core 925
Mem 970
Fan 80%

Setting the GPU core clocks to low impairs share find times!

May make you feel good to see 36mhs, but you won't be getting hashing rewards at that rate!

I guess, you'll need to run it for week to see whether you are getting what the calculator says you should be getting for 36mhs (minus fees).

I reckon it will be something much lower.

I was averaging 2% stale shares with a core clock of 852Mhz with VegaFE.

Take a GTX 1070 as an example: Run it without touching the GPU clock; plus 500mhz on the memory and 65% on power slider.

That will be your baseline for successful solutions sent back to the pool.

Run it with minus 125mhz on the GPU core and plus 500mhz on the memory and 65% on power slider.

It will be 3% less successful at pool doing work and you will get 3% less shares, which equates to 3% less coin rewards.

This is just spreading misinformation.  I solo mine Eth on 1070's at 1350mhz Core and they average way above my reported hashrate without any stale shares.  You probably are using a shit pool or have a bad connection to it.

It was tested over 6 weeks - at same pool, which I have accurate information on their share proportions for 1 MHS going back 2 years for Ethereum mining.

The average measured, over one month was always 3% lower.

Putting, the GPU core back to it's normal speed and it was 3% higher.

This doesn't prove anything as there are too many other factors to consider.
Activity: 7
Hello guys and @Claymore

I have a problem with my miners with blockchain aug23 driver, claymore 10 and my RX 580s.
Always when miner loses connection and claymore reconnect to pool, clocks stay at 300mhz or 600mhz. How can I fix this problem? Is there anyway to force to card work in the higher P state?

Much appriciated.

I've also had this problem when attempting to OC any kind of AMD card (480, 580, 570) with afterburner: they always get "stuck" at 300 MHz, but only when mining. For some reason afterburner works with my 1070, though.

cclock changes P states across the board in Wattman, but the card doesn't "listen."
legendary
Update. Vega 56

Core 925
Mem 970
Fan 80%

May make you feel good to see 36mhs, but you won't be getting hashing rewards at that rate!

I guess, you'll need to run it for week to see whether you are getting what the calculator says you should be getting for 36mhs (minus fees).

Take a GTX 1070 as an example: Run it without touching the GPU clock; plus 500mhz on the memory and 65% on power slider.

Run it with minus 125mhz on the GPU core and plus 500mhz on the memory and 65% on power slider.

It will be 3% less successful at pool doing work and you will get 3% less shares, which equates to 3% less coin rewards.

This is just spreading misinformation.  I solo mine Eth on 1070's at 1350mhz Core and they average way above my reported hashrate without any stale shares.  You probably are using a shit pool or have a bad connection to it.

It was tested over 6 weeks - at same pool, which I have accurate information on their share proportions for 1 MHS going back 2 years for Ethereum mining.

The average measured, over one month was always 3% lower.

Putting, the GPU core back to it's normal speed and it was 3% higher.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I tried plugging pcie riser to pci slot and killed my rx 480 8gb Sad( /slitwrists

not sure I understand what you did...maybe you just killed the pcie slot on the motherboard ?  try your GPU in another computer !

No. I plugged a PCIE riser 1x to 16x, the 1x connector in to a PCI slot (different than pci express) they do fit in there the same. When I powered on the pc, smoke started coming out of the pci slot so I pulled it out quickly but it was too late. The damage was done. Ive tried connecting it to a pcie slot on to different pc's and both are unable to recognize the graphic card. Either in device manager or amd driver download. Error 175 or 182 on amd code.

burned card can be replaced.. i did it 2 times
Can it be fixed? What do I need to do? Thnx

goto their service center they will replace ur card
Update. Vega 56

Core 925
Mem 970
Fan 80%

Activity: 8
Does the blockchain driver from AMD improve hashrate all around (for Vega56 explicitly in my case) or is it just countering the DAG-generation degradation for Polaris & Co.?
Activity: 857
Merit: 262

Still no dice but here's an update...I've used the bat file as provided by NumbNuts above this last post (thanks for that by the way!!!) and got the same issue...so maybe this is a network issue?Huh

This is how it works for me since the last POW update of decreed, no matter what version of the miner I use:
-dcoin dcr
-dcri 23
-dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252
-dwal web_login.worker_name
-dpsw worker_pass

You can try to ask ocminer - the op of the pool in his thread. Maybe your IP is sort of blacklisted for too many connection attempts or something
Also I suggest to use "config.txt" which makes things cleaner
Jump to: