Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 610. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 262
I tried plugging pcie riser to pci slot and killed my rx 480 8gb Sad( /slitwrists
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I don't know if it is specific to me, but I also have issues installing drivers in win10 for vega.  I get one driver installation, after that something always goes wrong and I have to reinstall windows.

Awesome it's not just me. I have the same issue's that I get 1 installed fine anything after that it's a 50/50 chance that the driver installs correctly for the other 9 Vega gpu's. I haven't tried another driver yet besides the Aug23 blockchain driver. Have you? Trying to compare notes to see what else to test to try and get them hashing. I've spent WAY to much time on get more that 1 Vega GPU working...

I'm running 2x Vega FE.  The public drivers I've run are Vega FE release drivers, Vega FE beta(public) and the aug. 23 block chain drivers. 

I got both cards up to 42.4Mh/s last night.  Windows updated and restarted the computer and I can't get them past 36mh/s now.  Very frustrating.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I don't know if it is specific to me, but I also have issues installing drivers in win10 for vega.  I get one driver installation, after that something always goes wrong and I have to reinstall windows.

Awesome it's not just me. I have the same issue's that I get 1 installed fine anything after that it's a 50/50 chance that the driver installs correctly for the other 9 Vega gpu's. I haven't tried another driver yet besides the Aug23 blockchain driver. Have you? Trying to compare notes to see what else to test to try and get them hashing. I've spent WAY to much time on get more that 1 Vega GPU working...
Activity: 7
Okay I have found a way. Because we can't undervolt via Claymore, I change voltage value in bios, then flash, in order to bypassing Claymore undervolting ^^

Did it work on you? What miner version are you using and what AMD driver?

It works. I have set voltage and frequency with PolariosBiosEditor, flash it with atiflash. Then, I use AfterBurner to preset core/memory frequency (boot with windows), and HWmonitor or any monitor read my settings : 1266MHz/900mV and 2250MHz/900mv Smiley On the wall I have around 720W with my 4 RX580, like before blockchain driver, and everything running well.
But I still waiting claymore update to try lower voltage without flash bios at each change ^^'
Does the windows 7 version of the blockchain drivers work with vega?  I'm having so many problems with windows 10 I'm thinking of going back to windows 7 or taking the dive into Linux...

I am having many issues myself with Windows 10 installing drivers for 10 of the RX Vega 64 GPU's. See's it as a Microsoft Basic display adapter but when I begin to install the driver manually or with the latest blockchain drivers via the GUI I end up getting a black screen. If you find a fix please let me know be it Windows 7 or Linux!

How long do you let it sit on the black screen?  I've had mine take up to 5 minutes before the screen comes back.

I have it sitting on a black screen right now. It shows in teamviewer but I can't rdp or get a teamviewer session to it. I also have done DDU in safemode and it does the same on 2-3 Vega GPU's installed(black screen) so I am positive it isn't a hardware issue. I have 350+ RX 470/570/480/580 running in Linux with no issues so running Windows correctly for mining is newish for me. How many are you able to get going if you don't mind me asking?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
i installed this driver

Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23

but in device manager no drivers and when i tried start miner miner also saying no amd gpu

how to fix it?

and should i  install AMD ReLive also for mining
Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner
Does the windows 7 version of the blockchain drivers work with vega?  I'm having so many problems with windows 10 I'm thinking of going back to windows 7 or taking the dive into Linux...

I am having many issues myself with Windows 10 installing drivers for 10 of the RX Vega 64 GPU's. See's it as a Microsoft Basic display adapter but when I begin to install the driver manually or with the latest blockchain drivers via the GUI I end up getting a black screen. If you find a fix please let me know be it Windows 7 or Linux!

How long do you let it sit on the black screen?  I've had mine take up to 5 minutes before the screen comes back.

Even with my 580s i keep on encountering this black screen of death whenever I'm upgrading my AMD drivers. The workaround I found (accidentally) is just choose Custom Install and untick the HDMI audio drivers (i disabled audio anyways) and it seems to do the trick. No more black screens for me.

Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner
Okay I have found a way. Because we can't undervolt via Claymore, I change voltage value in bios, then flash, in order to bypassing Claymore undervolting ^^

Did it work on you? What miner version are you using and what AMD driver?

I've had my overclock/underclock/undervolt settings in BIOS for the past 3 weeks and I'm using aug11 blockchain drivers plus Claymore v9.8 on Win10 Pro and i've never seen it read my voltage offsets.

I then had to fire up Trixx after Claymore is running steady to do my undervolts - worked for me.

Please do share your settings.

Activity: 7
Activity: 66
when i mine ETH with 5X RX470 i am getting 130 mh/s

but when i mine ETC with same 5X RX470 i am getting only 115 mh/s

why 15 mh/s  diffrence?

what drivers are u using, if you are using something other then block chain drivers then that is the answer as ETC is on a higher DAG then ETH

i am using 16.12.12 driver

can u suggest me which is good driver for my RX 470 4gb?

The new blockchain workloads driver (23aug) is which you should use for all AMD cards, solve the DAG file size issue. But only works on W10, download Afterburner 4.4.0 beta 16 too for OC and undervolt.

..or you can use the miner to set gpu and memory clock and voltage instead of using AB or any other software. read first post or readme.txt for more informations about these parameters.

If AB works I prefer it, so easy. The last time I try to set clocks and voltages in Claymore anything works fine...
Activity: 160
Merit: 100

why 15 mh/s  diffrence?

what drivers are u using, if you are using something other then block chain drivers then that is the answer as ETC is on a higher DAG then ETH

The new blockchain workloads driver (23aug) is which you should use for all AMD cards, solve the DAG file size issue. But only works on W10, download Afterburner 4.4.0 beta 16 too for OC and undervolt.

..or you can use the miner to set gpu and memory clock and voltage instead of using AB or any other software. read first post or readme.txt for more informations about these parameters.

why 15 mh/s  diffrence?

Activity: 1
Anyone know what version of Claymore supports AMD Tonga GPU?  I have a bunch of W7100 but they are not recognized in Claymore 10.  Just get a message "no supported cuda or open GL GPU detected".
Activity: 100
I can't seem to connect to the supernova's decred wallet.  None of my miners can send anything to it this morning.  Anyone else having this issue?  I can't even log on to the wallet to see what could be wrong.
I had the same issue with one of my miners.  I gave up on it an switched to coinmine.pl library.  Done with Suprnova for now.  I dont know whats up.

Same issue here, Claymore is still mining DCR without any problem, but I hope dcr.suprnova.cc pays me the last dcr amount mined...

Looks like it is up and running again, however I appreciate the thoughts.  Gonna look for a different wallet based on the suggestions.
I can't seem to connect to the supernova's decred wallet.  None of my miners can send anything to it this morning.  Anyone else having this issue?  I can't even log on to the wallet to see what could be wrong.
I had the same issue with one of my miners.  I gave up on it an switched to coinmine.pl library.  Done with Suprnova for now.  I dont know whats up.

Same issue here, Claymore is still mining DCR without any problem, but I hope dcr.suprnova.cc pays me the last dcr amount mined...
Activity: 119
I am done with Suprnova since a month ago...

10% lower earnings than expected. Coinmine is just as it should be

Edit: Talking about DCR
Jump to: