Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 612. (Read 6590565 times)

DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
Hi all,

I have done quite a lot of research but haven't found a resolution to this problem - hopefully someone can help me on this.

Mining rig:
3 x MSI RX 580 8 GB cards (not Armor/Sapphire etc) - has single 8 pin power connector, single fan, no BIOS switch
Windows 10
SSD with 4 GB RAM
Installed Claymore version 10 Dual miner - Ethereum mining running well and stable but issue is that I cannot get Decred to authorize

Getting:
Socket was closed remotely (by pool)
 DCR: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

Start.bat command:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x31be6e3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~98c6.miner2 -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal myloginname.miner1 -dpsw 2222 -allpools 1

Troubleshooting:
- I have changed the password for the worker to match Claymore (x, 2222, other) - unable to leave the password blank for the worker
- verified Suprnova login (though there is an "x" in the active column?)
- attempted both weblogin name as well as email address used for profile
- added port 3252 in Windows firewall for both incoming and outgoing connections
- added miner to router's DMZ
- tried with/without stratum+tcp
- attempted -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal suprnova.1 -dpsw x -allpools 1 as detailed on suprnova's website
- though I can't recall which other decred pools I used but all got the same error

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

add -"dcoin dcr" option and add "miner1" as an worker in dcr.suprnova.cc site.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Hi all,

I have done quite a lot of research but haven't found a resolution to this problem - hopefully someone can help me on this.

Mining rig:
3 x MSI RX 580 8 GB cards (not Armor/Sapphire etc) - has single 8 pin power connector, single fan, no BIOS switch
Windows 10
SSD with 4 GB RAM
Installed Claymore version 10 Dual miner - Ethereum mining running well and stable but issue is that I cannot get Decred to authorize

Getting:

Start.bat command:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x31be6e3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~98c6.miner2 -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal myloginname.miner1 -dpsw 2222 -allpools 1

Troubleshooting:
- I have changed the password for the worker to match Claymore (x, 2222, other) - unable to leave the password blank for the worker
- added port 3252 in Windows firewall for both incoming and outgoing connections
- attempted -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal suprnova.1 -dpsw x -allpools 1 as detailed on suprnova's website
- though I can't recall which other decred pools I used but all got the same error

Try to change "miner1" to your "worker name" and write "-dpsw x" command too.

Appreciations here (ETH) 0x57137Aecf8d11b60522d53eD2b0Baf0215FD0b61
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi all,

Mining rig:
Windows 10
SSD with 4 GB RAM

Getting:

Start.bat command:

Troubleshooting:

Activity: 66
Claymore 10 + blockchaind drivers aug11 + patch + Win 10 creators + rx580s = the most stable mix until now!

When -r 0 no more system freeze, it just restart the miner smoothly. Fans are back in control when set the temp, voltage can be controlled (I have to figure it out why I can't go lower than 0.938 v). Overall, this is the most stable version ever. Thank you man!

thanks for the info but what is the "+ patch" in your post ?

TYIA

https://www.monitortests.com/atikmdag-patcher-1.4.5.zip for bypass pixel clock limit on AMD drivers.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
when i mine ETH with 5X RX470 i am getting 130 mh/s

but when i mine ETC with same 5X RX470 i am getting only 115 mh/s

why 15 mh/s  diffrence?

what drivers are u using, if you are using something other then block chain drivers then that is the answer as ETC is on a higher DAG then ETH
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
Tried to mine cryptonight with rx Vega , got error:AMD HSA Code Object loading failed

Then claymore Said unable to allocate memory.
Got 32gb ram and alot of virtual.

My 1080 ti works fine (not claymore miner)
Activity: 7
I was using a hack to take dev-fee away but going from 9.3 -> 9.5 two days ago and seeing a 8% increase on my nVidia 1060 plus the new toys to play with in 10.0 I've stopped using thank. Thanks clay.

Has anyone seen last years documentary on Bitcoin?

Edit: Does anyone know what kind of memory the XFX R9 290x has? I'm getting one of them and one "non-name" brand in the mail today and would love to put a 390 bios on them, unlocked the shaders on my rx 460 and it increased hashrate hugely; I hear you can get 54 Mh/s on the Samsung memory with the 390 bios.

I can't even begin to process the logic involved in your first statement. So I decided to create an account.. to call you a fool. Touche sir, you grabbed my attention.
Activity: 3
3 rx470   gpu clock: 1150 volt: 900, mem clock 2000 volt: 900

Claymore 9.8 works fine (0 mem errors)
same settings via .bat file
Claymore 10 gives me a lot of memory errors in hwinfo
why?
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
@claymore, how can i reset the overclocking of your program? where ca i find it? regedit? I mean, I had to change its name to reset the settings.

There is no simple way to restore default clocks. You can reinstall drivers, or do it via WattMan, also in most cases drivers apply default clocks after GPU driver crash.

Thanks for your answer.
Activity: 37
Hi!

I'm using Clay 10.0 and block chain 23 aug drivers now and experiencing stability problems. No memory errors 27-28 mh per card (I have rx570/580 with Samsung and Hynix), but still having messages about hanging opencl.

I use -cvddc 900, -mvddc 900, -cclock 1150 (around it), -mclock less than 2000, ram overclocking gets my millions of errors in HWInfo.

Sometimes it freezes rig, so - r 1 options useless.

Memory straps are the same, I have used them with clay 9.8 and Crimson July 12. Rigs were working for hundreds of hours without rebooting.

What should I do to get more stability and mem freq?
Activity: 7
Better hashrate (~130MH/s with 4xRX580 in dual mining), but undervoltage doesn't work anymore ... only way is to lower clock voltage with AfterBurner, but it's limited (-100mW max ... and only for core voltage). Temp and fan speed are also read to "0" by Claymore, ans HW read right temp and speed, but read a insane core voltage "98628262,12V" si maybe a link with Claymore. They have to be updated for this driver ?
Any problem on my side or I have to wait a Claymore update ? Thanks Smiley
Claymore V10.0 and Blockchain driver.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Claymore 10 + blockchaind drivers aug11 + patch + Win 10 creators + rx580s = the most stable mix until now!

When -r 0 no more system freeze, it just restart the miner smoothly. Fans are back in control when set the temp, voltage can be controlled (I have to figure it out why I can't go lower than 0.938 v). Overall, this is the most stable version ever. Thank you man!

thanks for the info but what is the "+ patch" in your post ?

TYIA
Activity: 81
Hi guys/claymore Smiley

I`m having a problem with v10 and AMD blockchain edition driver
My GPU, mem and voltage only applies to first card.
i tried to set clocks and voltage for each card (ex: -mvddc 900,900,900) and only 1 time for all but they get applied only for the first card
All my cards are the same vendor and with previous driver and wattoll i was using same settings and worked

Well it says pretty clearly in the changelog for v10 that its not complete.

"- fixed issues with voltage/clocks management for latest AMD blockchain drivers (not completely)"
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
when i mine ETH with 5X RX470 i am getting 130 mh/s

but when i mine ETC with same 5X RX470 i am getting only 115 mh/s

why 15 mh/s  diffrence?
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has the problem of when you close the miner, it lock up the screen and I have to reboot. Windows 10 AMD processor

Hit the number keys to disable the GPU's in claymore before you close if you are having crashing issues.
Activity: 57

I have similar problem with setting in "mixed" rig, which contains old R9 380 cards and a pair of RX480. Sometimes first setting applies to every card. Could fix it using OverdriveNTool only and skipping setting via miner.

You need to disable "AMD Crossfire" from Radeon Settings: go to Gaming -> Global Settings -> Global Graphics and you find here the option

It is disabled. Please do not think I am so new in rigs.
Moreover, I never seen when Radeon drivers enable crossfire for mixed cards automatically. Yes, if you install a pair of identical cards, driver will enable crossfire by default but never in my case.
And when crossfire enabled, it is easily reconizable in Claymore's monitor - paired cards will show equal temperature and fan speed.
As well as I am talking about mixed rig only, 470-480 rigs do not have the problem described above and the problem occured only after moving to "blockchain driver" and Claymore 9.8.
Activity: 160
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has the problem of when you close the miner, it lock up the screen and I have to reboot. Windows 10 AMD processor

Activity: 2
i tried to set clocks and voltage for each card (ex: -mvddc 900,900,900) and only 1 time for all but they get applied only for the first card
All my cards are the same vendor and with previous driver and wattoll i was using same settings and worked

I have similar problem with setting in "mixed" rig, which contains old R9 380 cards and a pair of RX480. Sometimes first setting applies to every card. Could fix it using OverdriveNTool only and skipping setting via miner.

You need to disable "AMD Crossfire" from Radeon Settings: go to Gaming -> Global Settings -> Global Graphics and you find here the option

I dont have "AMD Crossfire" option

Any other ideas?
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
So is anyone using version 10.0? Any perf improvements on NVIDIA?
I am still using 7.5 and working just fine, so wondering if I should consider the upgrade?

Big boost when I went from 9.3 to 10.0 about 0.5-1.5 Mh/s on nVidia card and same rate on ATI.

Big nvidia boost was 9.6 so anything after that and you'll see it.
Activity: 27

Jump to: