Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 617. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 261
with the updated version of Polaris Bios Editor using the supplied timings instead of copying the 1500 timings I get roughly 0.2 - 0.4mh more per card

There appears to be two versions of Polaris Bios Editor V1.6 ?
The one from https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor has the "One Click Timing Patch" option and the other has the option "Apply Ubermix 3.1 Samsung Timings" - both say they they are version 1.6.
I've been using the "Ubermix" version with no problems - can't remember where I downloaded it from.

Does anynoe know what the difference between the 'One Click' and the 'Ubermix' timing are ?
I'll have a go myself and see if I can spot anything - I may be some time figuring this out.

There are different forks of PBE listed on

http://www.overclock.net/t/1604567/polaris-bios-editing-rx5xx-rx4xx

The jaschaknack PBE v1.6 is the most updated version. The 'one click timing patch' includes the Ubermix v3.1 Samsung timing as well as performance straps for other memory types. It depends on the memory type/types detected on which performance strap is applied.

Funny, I have the overclock.net link above already bookmarked and had a look at it before posting but couldn't find a link to the PBE v1.6 I downloaded..must try harder.
I've just had a play around with the jaschaknack PBE v1.6 and, using an RX480 bios, clicking on 'one click timing patch' pops up the window "Samsung memory found...applying UBERMIX 3.1 timings...", and tried it on an RX560 bios and it pops up "Micron memory found...applying GOOD MICRON MINING timings..."
Think I'll start using the jaschaknack PBE v1.6 version from now on as it looks like it can detect which memory the card has and apply the appropriate timings - although sometimes I found that simply copying 1750 -> 2000 worked better on some cards, the Ubermix setting were a bit unstable.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
with the updated version of Polaris Bios Editor using the supplied timings instead of copying the 1500 timings I get roughly 0.2 - 0.4mh more per card

The one from https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor has the "One Click Timing Patch" option and the other has the option "Apply Ubermix 3.1 Samsung Timings" - both say they they are version 1.6.
I've been using the "Ubermix" version with no problems - can't remember where I downloaded it from.

Does anynoe know what the difference between the 'One Click' and the 'Ubermix' timing are ?
I'll have a go myself and see if I can spot anything - I may be some time figuring this out.

There are different forks of PBE listed on

http://www.overclock.net/t/1604567/polaris-bios-editing-rx5xx-rx4xx

The jaschaknack PBE v1.6 is the most updated version. The 'one click timing patch' includes the Ubermix v3.1 Samsung timing as well as performance straps for other memory types. It depends on the memory type/types detected on which performance strap is applied.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
No have people here who have Vega 64 Huh

pls share hashrate - real hashrate
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Okay, I will. It must be as you say but I had to ask because 3 things changed before my freezes appeared:
  • Drivers
  • miner version
  • performance

Since you say it is performance, then performance it is Cool

I have my suspect (gpu3). This card had clocks too good to be true but before the update it could handle them

Thank you for your help  Wink
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

So I have been using the latest Claymore version since it came out.
My rig:
ASUZ Prime Z270-P
8x RX 580 8GB Nitro+ (Hynix)
Windows 10
Blockchain Beta Official Drivers
Claymore Dual Miner v.10.0
Modded BIOS, OC through Claymore @162w from the wall per card
Dual mining ETH (233 Mh/s) +DCR (7000 Mh/s)

Try to set original ROM, remove overclock and see if it helps, this way you can check that the reason is in your settings.
If your rig freezes, it must be something related to overclock, like wrong voltage for some power states, or something similar. It is not miner issue.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Ok so I did the my first successful 1500 strapping on my two rx 470 4g. One is at 23 mh/s and the other 22. Up from around 19.5. Is that good? What can I do next for more performance!

1150 MHz core clock, 2000 - 2100 MHz memory clock should get you to ~29 MH/s stable with a good timing strap bios mod. Also run HWinfo 'sensors only' to check for memory errors and reduce the memory clock by 25-50 MHz until there are no errors.

Im up to 26 mh/ each now. at 1150 1950 -70 voltage. Past 1950 is black screen. Not bad for 470 4g

It should be higher. Try increasing the -ethi to 8. My eight card mixed RX 570/570 4GB/8GB rig is getting 28.5 to almost 30 MH/s dual mining UBQ.

If you are on Windows mining ETH make sure you have the blockchain drivers with the epoch Dag fix patch.

you got that 28.5-30 mh/s owing to low epoch of Ubiq I believe. Smiley try to mine etc at epoch 144 and you will see.

ETH Dag file has virtually no difference compared to UBQ using the beta blockchain drivers. Less than 1 MH/s average speed difference over 8 cards.

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
Activity: 1071
Merit: 253
Nothing new for 280x / 290 / 290x?
what do you mean? my 280x only getting 12mh

For my 280X, I run it on ZCash.
Activity: 533
Merit: 100
How many of them do you have?
Have you checked HWInfo for memory errors on your cards?
What is your power consumption per card?
What are your overclock / undervolt settings?

Well I only have Hynix ones but those numbers does not sound too bad..
If I would change something I would increase the -dcri parameter in order to reach 900mh on DCR (the sacrifice in ETH actually has a minor stability benefit - less fluctuations- at least for me)

These speeds are with Elpida 4gpus

These speeds are with Hynix 4gpus

Windows 7, Robinhood drivers, AB 4.4.0 beta 16, Claymore miner v10.0
My core clocks  are locked at 1300MHz for both rigs and no matter what I put in AB it won't change a thing, so I change it in batch file with -cclock
My -dcri value is 25 I think it's best for me.

Is ETH+LBC dual mining more profitable with a new v10.0 miner?
Thanks
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

Appreciate it if someone can give some input Smiley

Need help from Ubuntu experts

Hi!  I need some help from Ubuntu experts.  I set up a test rig using the Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 on Windows 10, using Afterburner to do some mild overclocking - Stable on Claymore 9.8 with customised fan profile.  I flashed the bios with the Hynix timing straps and I am getting around 24mhs, which is not bad, but not great either.   It is stable.

However, when I tried set up an Ubuntu environment (16.04), I can get it stable at standard clock rates - however it crashes when I raised the clock rate using the flashed bios with the overclocked memory that works well in windows.   The fan seems to be kicking in very late, and I was getting 76 degrees at 25% fan. 

Here's a list of my questions that I hope the Ubuntu/Claymore experts can help with as I am a beginner in Ubuntu:

1.  I tried using the -tt and -fanmin command in Claymore.  I get the error message "Failed to set new fan speed, check if miner has root access!".   How do I set the miner to have root access?   Right now, I am starting the miner with the command in terminal "./mine.sh", where mine.sh is the claymore start file. 

2.  I am getting a list of error messages off the standard environment variables in Claymore.  As below:

"alvin@cryptominer-one:~/Desktop/Claymore98$ ./mine.sh
./mine.sh: line 1: export: `0': not a valid identifier
./mine.sh: line 2: export: `100': not a valid identifier
./mine.sh: line 3: export: `1': not a valid identifier
./mine.sh: line 4: export: `100': not a valid identifier
./mine.sh: line 5: export: `100': not a valid identifier?

Appreciate some insights into the above.

3.  -mclock 2100 doesn't seem to have any impact on the hash rate (standard is 2000).   Am I using it correctly?

4.  How do I monitor GPU status in Ubuntu?  Aticonfig doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!

1 - Check your script, seems you are not using the export properly.
2 - Check the FAQ,  it's supported in Linux.
3 - You won't get exactly what you have in Win, you have to check different sources to get some of that info.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
I'm planning on modding my 480/580 straps later today, can anybody who has a power meter say if the cards will draw much more power?
~162w per card RX 580 8GB Nitro+

1330w total for 8 gpus, cpu ,ssd & mobo (30w iddle). I am using 2x 750w PSUs

You are getting very high numbers. Have you undervolted your cards?
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
These days, does mining ethereum need >2GB vram or just 2GB Vram?
greater then 2GB

Thanks. I wasn't sure if this was still the case with Claymore not using DAG files.

THERE IS STILL A DAG FILE--

However, with Claymore the DAG file is written directly to the GPU memory.  Historically, the DAG file was written to disk, and this took a period of minutes.  Updated Dagger-Hashimoto mining software writes the DAG file to the GPU memory in seconds.

Some Etherium (ETH) clone coins have DAG files smaller than 2GB.  You can use a 2GB R7 265 or GTX 750ti to mine an ETH clone coin if it is at a lower Epoch.  ETH was once mine-able by these same cards.  The DAG file increases in size with each Epoch, and some clone coins may still be at single digit Epochs.       --scryptr
Code:
01:32:32:947 10f0 ETH: Share rejected (500 ms)!
01:32:32:947 10f0 new buf size: 0
01:32:32:963 10f0 Socket was closed remotely (by pool)
01:32:32:963 10f0 ETH: Connection lost, retry in 20 sec...

pools may not like your rejects.
I'd guess your performance is a bit too high to be stable. Try lowering your volts and your clocks a bit.
If you'll continue seeing rejects, try lowering more. 

My internet connection is probably the cause of my rejects (as you can see I had 500ms on that share) but this still does not justify a PC freeze
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
what do you mean? my 280x only getting 12mh
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
These days, does mining ethereum need >2GB vram or just 2GB Vram?
greater then 2GB

Thanks. I wasn't sure if this was still the case with Claymore not using DAG files.

It doesn't use DAG file, but the DAG is still created and loaded into GPU memory. And since the autumn of 2016 ETH or ETC DAGs won't fit into 2GB cards.
You still got EXP, UBIQ, MUSIC if you are insisting on mining ethash
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
Jump to: