Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 642. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi,just a noob question,just installed latest Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23,and miner stop working,it reads both cards and than i get "stoped working" messageeverything was just fine with previous crimson 17.xxx,bat file wasnt changed,rolled back to 17.xx version and everything work fine,rlly wanted to try blockhain driver,using claymore 9.8 version on windows 7,cards are rx 470s,any known issues for this cards and driver,thx?

Yes, the drivers are known to not work at all on Win7.

Hi,

I just switched from win7 to win10 to be able to use the new AMD blockchain drivers among other things. I have a mix of 480/580/570 cards using claymore 9.8. I also use an autoswitching pool. I am experiencing a problem where my 8gb 480 card crashes when switching mining from eth classic (epoch 144) to eth (epoch 140). The other cards do fine during the new DAG generation but the 480 goes down and the miner/OS will lock up shortly thereafter. So far, the switching only occurs when the devfee wants to mine eth. All of the cards are mildly memclocked/uv and have previously been stable for days on win7/17.71/claymore 9.8. I have env variables set and 32 GB pagefile.

Unfortunately, my only solution so far has been to turn off the devfee - which I would rather not do. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks

Use '-allcoins etc'

ok,thx,guess win10 upgrade is to go for me
Hi,just a noob question,just installed latest Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23,and miner stop working,it reads both cards and than i get "stoped working" messageeverything was just fine with previous crimson 17.xxx,bat file wasnt changed,rolled back to 17.xx version and everything work fine,rlly wanted to try blockhain driver,using claymore 9.8 version on windows 7,cards are rx 470s,any known issues for this cards and driver,thx?

remove the overclock setting in the claymore bat file. using AB to adjust
no Oc settings,just basic solo mining command

did you tried the aug-11
yeah,same thing happen,now I see some1 posted there are issues with win7
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
^^^ difficulty bomb just went off and POS is looming, your cryptonote miner needs attention and Linux binaries. Winter is coming. ..
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
From my point of view I eliminate all the other possible variables: pools, drivers, mixed cards models etc, so is clear that the last possibility that the problem to be from the miner have been confirmed since the problem is not present on another miner software.
Can you please look at this and try to fix it?
Thank you

PM me the log file from my miner.
I will get mb with 13 pcie slots in a couple of days, then I will be able to try to reproduce this issue.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
RX Vega 64 Liquid 1560gpu/1100mem@1v gpu core
dualminer 9.8 -dcri 60
55-60 degrees with 3000 rpm

Are those decred MH from all of your cards?  That isn't just from the Vega is it?

Does anyone know of a thread that has been tracking which RAM is in which brand GPUs?

That screenshot shows only one card, it's GPU0. Vega is good for the 2nd coin. FE can do 4k alone with high dcri.

RX Vega 56 is going to have inferior HBM2 - 800mhz units at 1.2volts versus 945mhz units at 1.3volts.

Might get one to play video games over the fall season, since it has higher FPS, than my GTX 1070s.
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
Eth Difficulty spiked a lot in the last day or so, is that the difficulty bomb? I went from  1.3 eth a month to 0.85 eth a month overnight!!!

Yes that was another planned difficulty bomb, next one in October I believe will be the last before the longer delay until mid or late 2018.

This is useful: https://etherchain.org/charts/difficultyBomb

Eth Difficulty spiked a lot in the last day or so, is that the difficulty bomb? I went from  1.3 eth a month to 0.85 eth a month overnight!!!

Yes that was another planned difficulty bomb, next one in October I believe will be the last before the longer delay until mid or late 2018.
Activity: 430
Merit: 254

Yes, the drivers are known to not work at all on Win7.

Hi,

I just switched from win7 to win10 to be able to use the new AMD blockchain drivers among other things. I have a mix of 480/580/570 cards using claymore 9.8. I also use an autoswitching pool. I am experiencing a problem where my 8gb 480 card crashes when switching mining from eth classic (epoch 144) to eth (epoch 140). The other cards do fine during the new DAG generation but the 480 goes down and the miner/OS will lock up shortly thereafter. So far, the switching only occurs when the devfee wants to mine eth. All of the cards are mildly memclocked/uv and have previously been stable for days on win7/17.71/claymore 9.8. I have env variables set and 32 GB pagefile.

Unfortunately, my only solution so far has been to turn off the devfee - which I would rather not do. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks

Use '-allcoins etc'
KGV
Activity: 55
Hi,

If you on ethermine.org, change server

Nope, miningpoolhub

Then try ethermine.org
Activity: 2
Hi,

Nope, miningpoolhub
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
dualminer 9.8 -dcri 60

Are those decred MH from all of your cards?  That isn't just from the Vega is it?

Does anyone know of a thread that has been tracking which RAM is in which brand GPUs?

That screenshot shows only one card, it's GPU0. Vega is good for the 2nd coin. FE can do 4k alone with high dcri.
KGV
Activity: 55
Hi,

Activity: 2
Hi,

Activity: 42
dualminer 9.8 -dcri 60
https://i.imgur.com/vjoKou8.png

Activity: 140

did you tried the aug-11

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle

Did you apply the atikmdag bios patcher after installing the blockchain driver?
yes,cards are showing properly in device manager
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
Activity: 140

Jump to: