Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 644. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Hello!

Anybody has news about whats the diference between 11th aug and 23th aug relesed blockchain fix driver?

win10-64bit-crimson-relive-beta-blockchain-workloads-aug11.exe
Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23.exe

Thanks.
Activity: 1
Hello cryptomasters,
been watching this thread for a while and after succesful update, tought I should contribute to growing statistics around latest AMD beta blockchain driver on Win10.

Report:
Upgraded from amd 17.7.1 to AMD Beta blockchain driver-aug11 via DDU reinstall in safe mode and atikmdag patcher. Installed MSIafterburner 4.4.0 Beta16 + RTSSSetup700Beta28 (latest) afterwards. On previous amd driver I had all OC/UV parameters set in Claymore's bat file, after upgrade to beta driver I deleted them all and set everything in MSIafterburner. Undervolting and memory oc succesful.

The rig is pulling around 50W more electricity from the wall (have wattmeter on it) than last month average on old driver. That's from 900W to around 950W on dual mining ETH+SIA -dcri 16, Claymore 9.8. I think this is mostly due to parameter (in)precisions on api level and power limit in MAB still has some reserves...

My rig:
6x MSI RX570 GamingX 4GB (Elpida+Hynix). Basic bios mod applied (1500 and 2000 straps copied)
MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0
PSU Corsair HX1200i
CPU Intel Celeron G1840
8GB crucial ram
molex powered raisers
ssd 60gb
Claymore 9.8
OS: Windows 10 Pro in Test Mode, Build 15063.rs2_release.170317-1834

MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta16 settings:
-core voltage (mV): -96
-power limit (%): -28
-temp. limit (unlinked): 72
-core clock (MHz): 1100
-memory clock (MHz): from 1922 to 1995 (depends on specific card)
-fan on auto.

All cards temperatures on average: 69C.

Verdict:
Beta blockchain-aug11 driver improved my average hashrate to around 160-162mhs from 156-158 on previous driver. The rig is stable 24h+ now and counting.

Cheers from cryptorookie and his first post :=
Activity: 961
Merit: 529
I guess my rx 580s hashing 161mh/s dropped to 159mh/s today is due to dag epoch 140. It is getting lower and lower as the epoch goes up. I hope remedy for this is on its way.

We have been trying our best for the last 10 days. It that did not help, nothing else will  Shocked
same problem with RX480 rigs.... any ideas that might help prevent continues decreasing of hasing power? Seems like its not only gives less hashes it uses less energy as well but who cares about energy we need maximum output until difficulty is still suitable for these cards...

so may be there are new ideas on upgrading Polaris bios'es to work with new epochs? In past 2 months hashing power decreased by almost 9%

any suggestions are very appreciated...

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
Only MSI RX cards are availible in stock and those guys sold me a bunch of defective cards then took 5 weeks to RMA. So now my question is what's the fastest non-MSI GTX1060 card/brand?

You want Samsung or Micron memory. Hynix memory sucks on these cards.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
Only MSI RX cards are availible in stock and those guys sold me a bunch of defective cards then took 5 weeks to RMA. So now my question is what's the fastest non-MSI GTX1060 card/brand?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hi Claymore

Have you managed to replicate the issue with 12 gpu systems
issue: on version 9.8 if you have more than 3 amd cards in a rig of 11 or 12 gpus ethdcrminer hangs on Algorith ASM, if you start the instance with 3 amd cards and the rest nvidia then it starts mining. then you have to start another instance of ethdcrminer with the remaining cards, .
This issue was also experienced by a youtube channel Cryptomined where he had to have multiple instances on 9.8 running in order to use all the cards.
When all cards are selected after the cmd window hangs nothing but a hard reset solves the hang.
Hope that helps, if you need any more info or troubleshhooting with this regards you can let me know.
thanks

Newbie with 12 cards setup? Did you go straight to uni after 5th grade?

Do you know any expert here that have a solution for this problems? We the group of noobs didn't found one ...

Well... If one is not sure what the one is doing the one asks for an advice BEFORE the action...
Why anyone here will spoon feed spoon feed a noob who is going to be his direct competition...
Activity: 5
Hi Claymore

Have you managed to replicate the issue with 12 gpu systems
issue: on version 9.8 if you have more than 3 amd cards in a rig of 11 or 12 gpus ethdcrminer hangs on Algorith ASM, if you start the instance with 3 amd cards and the rest nvidia then it starts mining. then you have to start another instance of ethdcrminer with the remaining cards, .
This issue was also experienced by a youtube channel Cryptomined where he had to have multiple instances on 9.8 running in order to use all the cards.
When all cards are selected after the cmd window hangs nothing but a hard reset solves the hang.
Hope that helps, if you need any more info or troubleshhooting with this regards you can let me know.
thanks

I don't have appropriate hardware to test 12GPUs configuration. You can try some different miner to check if it is more stable, because the reason can be not in miner. Also try "-gser 1" or "-gser 2" option.

Hi Claymore can you please tell me what's with checkread timeout that's been happening to some of my rigs inside log. That's usually the last line of message before the whole system reboots itself or hang in a loop required hard restart. Thanks!
Activity: 582
Merit: 250
An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.
Didn't see it posted here...there was a NEW-new AMD block chain driver released Aug 23rd.  (First one was Aug 11th)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-[Suspicious link removed]pute-Release-Notes.aspx
(same URL as before, forum keeps deleting some of it)
Those having problems may want to reinstall with the newer version and see if things work better.
Aug 23rd drivers.  Maybe its a win 7 or undervolt fix.

I've just tried out the Aug 23rd drivers (had Aug 11th previously) on my test rig (one RX480 currently fitted) and have not notice any change in hashrate, or anything else for that matter.
(I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64)

The new beta driver does restore the hashrate but you have to overclock/undervolt through MSI afterburner 4.4.0 Beta.  This is either a problem with the diver or/and Claymore needs to update miner.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
i'm trying  to setup 9 gpu mixed rig... 8  rx 570 + 1 gtx 1060...
do someone knows how to manage more than 8 gpu with afterburner
all my cards are installed and recognized by windows... 8 rx 470 +   gtx 1070 + intel 510....
but msi afterburner let me set just 8 cards.. any workaround??
Activity: 119
So the problem is not in my miner only, it looks like another ADL issue:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20538901
I've contacted AMD and we will try to fix it.

Any news on that Mr. C ?
Activity: 30
Hi Claymore

You mis understood my last post about checking your code, i did not ask you to release the code for opensource, i asked you to check maybe a problem in your code, i have 2 rigs of 12 gpu setups that are doing the exact same thing. I even referenced another miner on this forum with the exact same problem, i even gave you the name of the channel on youtube which had the same problem.
i even asked you if there was any help you required from my side for help with your troubleshooting.
I was not complaining as i understand the complexities that might have cropped up during the last few months and the pressure on you to keep up with the fast releasing mining boards etc.
i am not contesting the fact that you have the best miner out there nor do i have a problem with the devfee.
Sooner than later there will be many more 12 rig miners that are going to come to this board with the exact same issue.
The only reason we ask you is technically you charge us to use the miner.
So if we ask you to look into a little problem there is no need to get offended.
i would not ask if it was not an issue, as you will notice in the past i never had any problem so i never had a need to contact you or register on any forum as any problem was solved by a little googling.

as far as using another miner goes, genoils doesnt seem to like mixed card rigs and i cant seem to get it to work, maybe i just dont know what im doing. genoils slows down to a crawl everytime i try it so im not getting a proper resolution. ( the 100% cpu problem was supposed to have been sorted out with the last version but doesnt seem to like mixed cards rigs)

I see unfortunately many people come on this thread with issues not relating to the miner but with problems they require help with any aspect of mining. i am sure there is a thread for almost all of those issues but maybe this thread should be kept strictly for issues with the dual miner.
just my 2c.

Sorry if i offended anyone.

( People dont need to tiptoe around Claymore and spew niceties in the name of getting him to like us, a little criticism should be taken constructively for the betterment of crypto generally )
ethman don't work with 9.8 version
help me

It does work for me.
What is your bat/config file?
What is the error message?
Screenshots will be helpful...
no error message but only from other pc i don't see nothing loss connection
with 9.7 i see all

Provide screenshots and config files
i don't can post the screenshot but i repeat with claymore 9.7 all work good

Well... if you do not provide any more information there is nothing to work with...
ETHMAN works for me and I have 9.8
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Didn't see it posted here...there was a NEW-new AMD block chain driver released Aug 23rd.  (First one was Aug 11th)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-[Suspicious link removed]pute-Release-Notes.aspx
Those having problems may want to reinstall with the newer version and see if things work better.

I've just tried out the Aug 23rd drivers (had Aug 11th previously) on my test rig (one RX480 currently fitted) and have not notice any change in hashrate, or anything else for that matter.
(I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64)
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

The link sometimes gets that "Suspicious Link Removed" warning.
Just go to the AMD web site and type in "blockchain" in the search option and the link will magically pop up.
Activity: 20

Activity: 78
help me

It does work for me.
with 9.7 i see all

i don't can post the screenshot but i repeat with claymore 9.7 all work good
I guess my rx 580s hashing 161mh/s dropped to 159mh/s today is due to dag epoch 140. It is getting lower and lower as the epoch goes up. I hope remedy for this is on its way.

We have been trying our best for the last 10 days. It that did not help, nothing else will  Shocked
Activity: 41
help me

It does work for me.
with 9.7 i see all

Jump to: