Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 649. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
@Claymore First, I want to thank you for your great software. Second, I wanna know what is your opinion about miner not working on Win7 with Blockchain drivers? Is it a problem with drivers or in miner?

Try the procedure for installing the leaked unofficial driver fix.  By robinh00d (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ethash-dag-epoch-rx470480570580-fix-2068446).  It worked for me.  If not, just upgrade to win10 Smiley

Thank you for suggestion. It's working!
Activity: 14
@Claymore. I have an issue where one GPU is randomly dropping to 1.X MH/s and the rig becomes sluggish. Can you have a watchdog type setting where if any GPU drops below a set hashrate for more than X minutes the rig will reboot? This would be of great value.

For ETH it is already available as a switch called -minspeed and it works fine for the issue you are describing, just set it to be somewhat below what you normally get from your rig.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Ethermine states that they have found and fixed the issue with DAG #128.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
@Claymore. I have an issue where one GPU is randomly dropping to 1.X MH/s and the rig becomes sluggish. Can you have a watchdog type setting where if any GPU drops below a set hashrate for more than X minutes the rig will reboot? This would be of great value.
Activity: 533
Merit: 100
When was the last time claymore posted on here? He must be on vacation.

Hoping he can fix the new driver issue with voltages.

Claymore
31    Alternate cryptocurrencies / Mining (Altcoins) / Re: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v9.8 (Windows/Linux)   on: August 01, 2017, 02:38:07 PM
''I'd like to say a bit more about ADL (library that is used to manage clocks/voltage/fan). I have been working with ADL API for a couple of years, so I have some experience.
When you use ADL, you must ask what version of API supports your GPU. For example, Tahiti reports v5, Hawaii v6.
Every API version uses own set of functions, sample code can be found in ADL SDK. I implemented v5 and v6 and it worked fine for some time.
Then in some drivers AMD disabled underclocking via ADL for some reason, API calls report "OK" but GPU still uses old clocks.
Then AMD releases Polaris cards which report API v7. And no new ADL SDK was released so no headers for new API or any samples. We had to wait for a couple of months before it was finally released.
I added code that uses v7 and it worked fine, except one thing: if I set fan 50%, API sets it to 41% or 46% and I have no idea why. I had to change fan management logic to make it work properly with this issue.
Then in some drivers AMD changed something again and OC stopped working, partially or completely.
Then AMD releases new drivers and Hawaii cards started to report that they use API v7 instead of v6. But in this mode they support v7 a bit differently than Polaris so I had to change my code again to support this new "feature" of drivers.
Then AMD releases 17.7.2 and API v7 returns "not supported" error code. After some research I found that AMD added new functions for API v7 and blocked old functions. So this time they decided not to create API v8, but changed functions for already released API version. It's awesome. No new ADL SDK is released for these changes, so again no headers or code samples for "new" API v7. Finally I made it work, but sometimes it works with strange issues, currently I try to find the reason.
Vega support in ADL has own problems currently, for example, you can set fan to 90% but then there is no way to set it to any lower value.
For Linux, AMD decided to drop ADL support completely in gpu-pro drivers and use new way that I have to support too.

So ADL is the most weird API I've ever seen, but when you see that some options don't work as expected, probably you will blame the miner Smiley
On other hand, when I decided to add fan/OC management I found that Nvidia has no public API for it at all. From this point of view, I think weird API is better than no API at all. ''

Buddy if this sounds like a vacation to you then I don't know what to tell you.
It's not enough to just snap your fingers and see money falling from a sky.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
@Claymore First, I want to thank you for your great software. Second, I wanna know what is your opinion about miner not working on Win7 with Blockchain drivers? Is it a problem with drivers or in miner?

Try the procedure for installing the leaked unofficial driver fix.  By robinh00d (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ethash-dag-epoch-rx470480570580-fix-2068446).  It worked for me.  If not, just upgrade to win10 Smiley
Activity: 11
Thanks a lot claymore you miner it's too good , thanks to the second coin my incoming keep growing with no problem even with my high energy prize
Activity: 533
Have anyone tried to mine on Nanopool?
Any DAG issues there?
Activity: 224
@keukeu

Also, you can fuck of. It is not miner issue, it is pool issue. Clymore gave you fix and you ignore it. Well, fuck of then.

does the word fuck makes you feel bigger or stronger ? Kids (plenty of young teens) are reading this board btw. Maybe you are even one of them.
Again: DAG 128 epoch issue is related to ethermine.org pool only, it is not miner issue. It seems some of their servers use non-synced wallet. Ask pool support if they can fix this problem.
If you think that the reason is in my miner, try some other miner on this pool (to confirm that the issue is still present you may need to connect to the pool several times to catch bad server) or try different pool (to confirm that the issue is gone).
I'm contacting them right now.

Im not saying you are wrong but I have 4 rigs using Claymore with Ethermine pool and I dont have that problem. I disconnected my rigs at least 20 times to look for those bad servers and no problem.

So I would suggest everyone who has that problem to use the "us1" ethermine server.
Hi Claymore

Seems i have found the issue with the epoch 128 issue.
i changed all the rigs drivers to a non blockchain edition, ie the 17.8.1 on amd site and the rigs are running normal for 12 hours now.
Thanks

I dont have the issue with blockchain drivers.  Its just a pool bug if you took the time to read through the last pages of this post you would see that.

well I dont have that problem and I have 4 rigs using ethermine pool
Activity: 18
@keukeu

Also, you can fuck of. It is not miner issue, it is pool issue. Clymore gave you fix and you ignore it. Well, fuck of then.

Well for now the only working solution for me was to go with -nofee 1. I've tried various things before that.

I also gave him credit for his excellent work on the miner.

I'm not blaming him, I'm just saying that I was sorry for not, at this time, supporting him the regular way.

It looks though that you need to enjoy life more than you are today. Go out for a while. Look at the sun. Relax. Have a wonderful day!

Best wishes.
Activity: 102
Merit: 11
This seems an issue with the pool and especially the "eu" server.... i changed to "asia" server and the problem is gone... it can still creeps up sometime as the default Claymore Devfee is on "eu" server. So the Epoch128 can hang there ... But at least most of the shares for us 98% will work with other server... or with other pool . Confirmed from last 32 hours.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
@keukeu

Activity: 6
Activity: 18
Again: DAG 128 epoch issue is related to ethermine.org pool only, it is not miner issue. It seems some of their servers use non-synced wallet. Ask pool support if they can fix this problem.
If you think that the reason is in my miner, try some other miner on this pool (to confirm that the issue is still present you may need to connect to the pool several times to catch bad server) or try different pool (to confirm that the issue is gone).
Yesterday support of ethermine.org answer me:
"This is a problem with claymore, have you tired updating your claymore version?"

Please, contact them and solve this problem.
Thanks.

Really? Smiley My miner shows all data that it gets from the pool and I see that pool sends seed for epoch #128 sometimes.
It's easy to confirm: use different pool or different miner as I described above.

I'll run on -nofee 1 until this issue has been resolved. It only occurs when coming out of devfee, or during. Been running all night now without errors when not supporting. So sorry for not supporting you for the great miner.

As soon as this issue has been resolved I'll get back to supporting!  Smiley
donator
Miners developer
"This is a problem with claymore, have you tired updating your claymore version?"

Thanks.

Really? Smiley My miner shows all data that it gets from the pool and I see that pool sends seed for epoch #128 sometimes.
It's easy to confirm: use different pool or different miner as I described above.
Activity: 20
Merit: 8

Thanks.
donator
Miners developer
Activity: 30
Hi Claymore
So the problem is back, trying to switch to epoch 128 again....
one other thing i am noticing now is that its always when it happens when the devfee is mining....

Hope this helps
Jump to: