Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 666. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
hello
i have a big problem with the last version and all over miners. works with 3 cards and when i want to put 4 gpu cards on my rig, it crashes...
all the same cards, Under win10 fresh installed, AMD driver 17.4.4, stock cards, psu 1200w seasonic prime on asrock H81 rev2

risers are ok because:
- gpu 1+2+3 => ok
- gpu 1+2+4 => ok
- gpu 1+2+3+4 => ko...

claymore start well and detect the 4 gpu's but crashed before to start mining, just after GPU detect.

please help me !!

- Make sure the card is not sharing power with another card
- Make sure each riser not sharing its power with another riser
- Run all cards on stock BIOS and stock seetings
- Uninstall MSI AB or similar software
- Run DDU in safe mode
- Reinstall AMD driver, the latest
- Run Claymore with minimal settings -cvdcc 1000 -mvdcc 1500

Share results and screenshots from GPU-Z

hello,
i did everything and its still the same problem... im running now Under 4 cards and it's crashing.
Under GPUZ i don't see any problem and all the cards are detected. no time to post screenshots for the moment.
any idea ?
i put under 2 cards, i've got another problem about drivers, perhaps it's my problem, with 2 cards, on pciexpress 1 and 2,
one cards is Under Crimson 17.7.2 / whql /win10 64 drivers (opencl ticked)
and the second one is only whql / win10 64 drivers (opencl not ticked)

Did you run DDU? be honest...

of course i did it !
i had to go to my job this morning, not enought time sorry.
here is the screenshot with one card, it seem that there an exclamation behind my card. Conflict between windows drivers and AMD driver ??
do i have to use DDU each time i add a card and re install crimson AMD drivers 17.7.2 ?
https://www.noelshack.com/2017-33-3-1502867786-capture.png

i tried to use simplemining and it does not work well at all... only 10mhs with 3 cards and gpu core often low at 300 instead of 1236, really strange.

You installed the wrong driver. It has to be CRIMSON BETA, not 17.7.2.
This is the latest AMD driver, optimised for mining
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-[Suspicious link removed]pute-Release-Notes.aspx

I have the same problem. I mean 3-cards problem.
I have 8 amd rx cards.
I run 3 claymore miners with 3 cards per miner as workaround. It works fine.

I still don't know the what the root cause is.

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
question is the dual miner just a gpu and cpu miner combined?
when doing ether to get lower fees would i be better off doing ether with claymores then downloading a cpu miner and mining with the cpu somthin different?
Activity: 1
Upgraded to the latest beta driver with mining fix while coming from 17.5.2. Like others, I'm having some issues with voltages returning to default. Running Windows 10, mix 470/480/580.

I've read various posts relating to voltages not staying set, and I figured I'd add my own experiences in hopes of finding a workaround/solution.

What I see happening is that AMD drivers are not correctly storing voltage settings. The drivers seem to re-apply the default voltages when switching between power states, when primary display is turned off, resolution is changed, and potentially going in and out of exclusive fullscreen.

Once the voltages are reset, all tools (wattman, overdriventool) still display the voltages as the user defined settings. To get the voltages back down, I must either increase, or decrease mV slightly, then return back to preferred setting.

A possible solution could be to have claymore dual miner check every minute or so, and if needed automatically re-apply cvddc and mvddc with a +/- 1 mV. My past experience using cvddc is that it sets only once when the miner is first launched and never tries to re-apply if settings have changed.

actually how about how do i make a .bat file as i dont really use my config file. also another thing when i was doing sia coin i had some stratum in there not sure if ima need that for decred or not am tryin to learn slowly.
i tried to make a new .bat file and it says failed to get nonce1 handshake and times out i used same parameters can you help with a .bat file would be very thanksfull

added dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal suprnova.1 -dpsw x -allpools 1 as a dpool.txt

now i get a stratum error?
ok, do i neede a pool worker? noticed u had a number sign by it is it neccisary to name a worker? should i name it as name of wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
ok and what about a .bat file and is supernova reputable? oih and theres also a epools wich i have with nanno, but then a dpool file do i need to make a new dpool file?

A config file is more versatile, an epool and dpool files are only required if you want to have failovers. As you should...  Grin

Suprnova's reputation?

You can be the judge of that, ok?
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
having an issue where the miner just crashes immediately upon start.

using:
win 10 (creators update)
latest nvidia driver
gigabyte geforce 1080
20 gb ram

batch:
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x34B1dbA2F6A60FFc643EBC438e60Fe9bE9Aba437 -epsw x -eworker stratum

any ideas?

What happens when you run the default start.bat?

same thing.

I am having this issue also, first I was getting black screen and then I just did a fresh install of windows 7 now no black screen but the miner crashes upon start up 9.7 and 9.8 both crash upon start up
ok and what about a .bat file and is supernova reputable? oih and theres also a epools wich i have with nanno, but then a dpool file do i need to make a new dpool file?
Activity: 24

using:
win 10 (creators update)
latest nvidia driver
gigabyte geforce 1080
20 gb ram

batch:
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x34B1dbA2F6A60FFc643EBC438e60Fe9bE9Aba437 -epsw x -eworker stratum

any ideas?

same thing.
Activity: 6
Merit: 1
I'd try it again. But this is the third time I have tried to install newer drivers with the same results. It's almost like DDU is missing some file that needs to be replaced in order for the drivers to work properly. Unfortunately I will most likely be reinstalling windows this weekend Sad
legendary
ok, i would like to mine ether and decred. can i mine at 2 different pools at the same time? such as nannopool, and then a different pool for decred? could someone help me make a bat file maybe even suggest a decred pool if can mi9nme at 2 different pools?

Create a config.txt file similar to this:

Code:
-epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444
-ewal [your address]
#-eworker
-epsw x
-esm 1
-dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252
-dwal Trimegisto.RIG02
-dpsw x
-dcoin dcr
-allpools 1
-mode 0

Fill the remaining parameters with your own choices.
ok, i would like to mine ether and decred. can i mine at 2 different pools at the same time? such as nannopool, and then a different pool for decred? could someone help me make a bat file maybe even suggest a decred pool if can mi9nme at 2 different pools?

update iv tried all sortts of things and cant seem to figure anything out. could someone help me with the code? i would use yiimp.ccminer.org biut not even sure if thats a pool or not if not then supernova or coinmine im in the usa not sure if can connect eay to the EU for coinmine but would like second coin to be either lbc or decred
legendary
Hoping someone has an easier solution then reinstalling windows 10.

6 RX480 Rig (2 Asus, 4 Gigabyte), Windows 10 64, Claymore 9.8, Modded Bios, 100% stable dual mining Eth & Sia, 16.9.2 Drivers.

When I install any new drivers including the blockchain one just released (Not the shifty one) My cards take 16 seconds instead 4 to load the dag and all hash at 4 mhs instead of 28.3. Crossfire is off, ULPS is disabled. Had the same issue with the 17.2 drivers.

Have 20 Gb of space for Claymore, Windows doesn't update because I never activated it.

Here is the process I am using to install the new drivers.

Run DDU in safe mode, Install drivers, Restart, Run Pixel Patch, Restart, open Afterburner, Open Claymore 9.8.

Just reinstalled the 16.9.2 drivers and my rig is mining away at 169 Mhs. Did the exact same process as listed above.

Am I missing a step? Anything else to try? Do I need to just start over and reinstall windows?

Thanks for you help in advance Smiley

My rigs are 6x 480 Sapphire Nitro OC. I followed the same procedure and all went well. Except I don't use Afterburner...

Try and repeat, but forget about AB

Activity: 6
Merit: 1
Hoping someone has an easier solution then reinstalling windows 10.

6 RX480 Rig (2 Asus, 4 Gigabyte), Windows 10 64, Claymore 9.8, Modded Bios, 100% stable dual mining Eth & Sia, 16.9.2 Drivers.

When I install any new drivers including the blockchain one just released (Not the shifty one) My cards take 16 seconds instead 4 to load the dag and all hash at 4 mhs instead of 28.3. Crossfire is off, ULPS is disabled. Had the same issue with the 17.2 drivers.

Have 20 Gb of space for Claymore, Windows doesn't update because I never activated it.

Here is the process I am using to install the new drivers.

Run DDU in safe mode (DDU restarts the computer), Install drivers, Restart, Run Pixel Patch, Restart, open Afterburner, Open Claymore 9.8.

Just reinstalled the 16.9.2 drivers and my rig is mining away at 169 Mhs. Did the exact same process as listed above.

Am I missing a step? Anything else to try? Do I need to just start over and reinstall windows?

Thanks for you help in advance Smiley
Activity: 238

using:
win 10 (creators update)
latest nvidia driver
gigabyte geforce 1080
20 gb ram

batch:
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

any ideas?

legendary
I can confirm this combination is now working in both my rigs:

Claymore 9.8, running on Win10 + AMD Blockchain drivers (patched) + RX480 with modded BIOS

My rigs jumped from ~131 Mh/s to ~145 Mh/s (reported)

However, voltages are not as stable as they were before and the miner is not able to apply -cvddc 800 and -mvddc 800 to all the cards. Therefore the hashrate increase is also due to an increase in my power consumption.

So, it appears the voltage issue is not settled neither for the 5xx, nor for the 4xx but it could be exclusively a driver problem

I'll let them run for a few hours and report back on the overall stability.
Activity: 55
Merit: 5
Hi Claymore,

I believe the voltage issues with 9.8 and the beta driver, are specific to the RX580 cards, from what I've read the RX480s are just fine with the beta driver.

Yup. I have 5 rx580 and I can set the clock, mclock without any problem, but the voltages stay at the maximum level, using more than 1200w. Also, the memory clocks are reduced to 1000mhz from time to time (maybe because it's hitting the max TDP value for the card). So, unless claymore fixes this issue, I recommend that you don't apply any tweak to your card using the claymore miner and do it with msi afterburner or other compatible tool.
And also, on these newer beta drivers, there's no need to patch the driver if you only have rx500 series gpu's.
I_M
Activity: 135
Hi Claymore,

I believe the voltage issues with 9.8 and the beta driver, are specific to the RX580 cards, from what I've read the RX480s are just fine with the beta driver.
Activity: 254
Merit: 109
Ive only tried SIA but it seemed to have a massive impact and dropped me to 31MH on ETH.

Ive been hashing at 43.3 to 43.4 now for about 8 hours

43ish mh/s ain't too bad. Wattage is going to challenge I bet. Hopefully still some room to improve with better drivers and potentially adjusting mem timings/bios in linux.
I have two at home that I will try and getting working tonight on 9.8 with your wattman changes. Some mentioned different modes on the card - power saver / standard / turbo - Did you mess with those at all?
Activity: 238
updated to 17.7.2 and 9.8 and I cannot keep memory clock at 2045 where I usually keep it.. it keeps bouncing 2045 to 1000 and back to 2045 as a result my hash rate is saw tooth even on my pool page. evn in wattman, the slider is not able to be set to a static value.. seems greyed out.

I installed with DDU to clear old drivers, I also tried upgrading to the new beta drivers and no fix.

it was fine prior to upgrading to 17.7.2

Has anyone else come across this issue?

ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 580

-Not 17.7.2 but CRIMSON BETA
Jump to: