Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 668. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250
Hi Claymore! What about SIGT dual mining with sia or dcr or even ETH??
Thank you
peace
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
regarding new drivers
win10 runs just fine after applaying atikmdag-patcher-1.4.5
win7 just won't run even with 1 gpu. got error code 10 in device manager after installing driver, but error goes away after atikmdag-patcher-1.4.5. still, miner won't start
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Regarding the latest official beta driver:

I am mining with Sapphire RX 580 8GB Nitro+ on Windows 10 and I am using Claymore's miner for overclock & undervolt.

I installed the beta drivers successfully (using ddu first)

v 9.7 was unable to overclock & undervolt
v 9.8 was somewhat able to overclock (very, very unstable, with A LOT of fluctuations) but not undervolt. I had to roll back to previous drivers

Lets hope Mr.C does the trick and releases a new miner that can do its magic

I'm not entirely sure 9.7 had new AMD API support, however drivers(https://goo.gl/72CQoz) are stable and claymore 9.8 is too.
running on high volts wont allow you to get the stable performance.
I also have hardcoded volts and custom stages in bios besides regular mem straps patch.
I purchased a RX Vega 64 (standard air cooled) didn't have chance to do anything with it until today. With the standard driver i was getting 31-31Mh/s on Claymore 9.8 ETH only using nanopool.

I have switched to the new AMD Beta driver, i was getting 34Mhs but leaving the fan on auto the temps go through the roof, once it gets near 70 Deg C it would slow down.

Using WattMan, ive underclocked the CPU, undervolted the CPU, overclocked the Memory and undervolted the memory. I have also switched the fan profile to manual, Minimum 75% and Target 100%.

Its been running ETH only for about 3 hours now, im getting steady 43.3 - 43.4 Temp is steady at 63 Deg C

Sadly at the wall my idle usage goes from 70w up to 350w when mining and i wont talk about the fan noise.

This is what I was afraid of.. looks like 70-100MH/s was too good to be true. Only time will tell I guess. Once we get past the locked VBIOS hopefully we can get the power usage down and MH/s up.  Don't think we'll be hitting 70-100 though.  Thanks for the update!

Interesting indeed.
I'd speculate that of almost 300W usage more than a third was wasted also considering that it was single eth mode.
The architecture should allow better palatalization, but the code for 14nm polaris is very neatly optimized, so I won't expect much from the current process.
Activity: 24
having an issue where the miner just crashes immediately upon start.

using:
win 10 (creators update)
latest nvidia driver
gigabyte geforce 1080
20 gb ram

batch:
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x34B1dbA2F6A60FFc643EBC438e60Fe9bE9Aba437 -epsw x -eworker stratum

any ideas?
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Regarding the latest official beta driver:

I am mining with Sapphire RX 580 8GB Nitro+ on Windows 10 and I am using Claymore's miner for overclock & undervolt.

I installed the beta drivers successfully (using ddu first)

v 9.7 was unable to overclock & undervolt
v 9.8 was somewhat able to overclock (very, very unstable, with A LOT of fluctuations) but not undervolt. I had to roll back to previous drivers

Lets hope Mr.C does the trick and releases a new miner that can do its magic
Activity: 41
Merit: 3
On Win7 Claymore not working for me with new AMD Fix Drivers from 08.08.17  but works pretty fine witj 27.03.17 version. (rx580 )
It exits at very begining with no messages after "mine/solo"  

ps: yes, I've tried ddu etc.
Hi everybodyyyyy

I have one strange problem, i have one rig with 6 rx series 5, it work well at 2 months ago, but now with this blockchain driver, when i turn off teamviewer he restart, if i stay with teamviewer opened, no problem he mine very well, i win around 9 mh/s.

I have 6 dummies, i know it's a lot, but when i build it, i do a lot tests and i forget take out this dummies lol.

Someone with the same bug?

Thank you

PS i forget told you, now with remote desktop from windows, he work like a charm, before this update .......

6 dummies is not very smart...
I can recommend RealVNC - works like a charm.

Also dont use RDP, as it seriously fucks with the display drivers, this MS crap is just too high level for it to work proper. (you can seemingly access the running miner, but you cannot start the miner app, as it will see no GPUs. )

Also you can try to use this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autologon
(as your issues could be related to running sessions)
The problem is, the new drivers are very unstable with under-clocking and only the 17.5.2 driver is the last stable driver that works for me 100%. So i want to keep the old driver while using the new fixed driver for mining.

New drivers stability seems to be just fine. you're likely doing something wrong...
not really sure though what exactly, provide more information. like what cards are you using and what are the settings and bioses?
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
It seems as though the blockchain drivers do not support Vega FE.
Activity: 9
Hi everybodyyyyy

I have one strange problem, i have one rig with 6 rx series 5, it work well at 2 months ago, but now with this blockchain driver, when i turn off teamviewer he restart, if i stay with teamviewer opened, no problem he mine very well, i win around 9 mh/s.

I have 6 dummies, i know it's a lot, but when i build it, i do a lot tests and i forget take out this dummies lol.

Someone with the same bug?

Thank you

PS i forget told you, now with remote desktop from windows, he work like a charm, before this update .......
Activity: 9
Is there a way to get Claymore use the new driver files without installing the package?

I tried to move the new driver file from the beta driver to the claymore folder and EthDcrMiner64.exe are indeed load up the files but the hashrate is still the same old speed from the earlier driver that are installed on Windows. So it looks like Claymore is still using the OS driver files.

files: atig6txx.dll, amdocl12cl64.dll, amd_opencl64.dll->opencl.dll,
I also tested: all files from the driver package into the claymore folder, still no change. (C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug11\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B316900)

@Claymore, is it possible that your miner uses driver files out of your folder? If yes, which one are specific to mining, except the ones i listed.

The problem is, the new drivers are very unstable with under-clocking and only the 17.5.2 driver is the last stable driver that works for me 100%. So i want to keep the old driver while using the new fixed driver for mining.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
From what I see so far, the Vega isn't worth the money. I only bought one to test, a water cooled version, but it hasn't arrived yet. From what I'm reading the power usage makes the Vega a terrible choice for mining.
the amd dag fix driver release seem to be a bit more stable(possibly) version of the custom beta dag fix that was available before.
same lower power consumption and same improved hash numbers...

if you install only drivers (no amd gui shit. try to make a habit of it) you don't even need DDU (which for me causes UEFI win10 setup to get 32bit display driver by default and needs BIOS access two times to boot after ddu).

no need for AB nor Trixx or other crap.
Just tighter straps + undervolt in bios and set clocks and volts in claymore
Activity: 275
Merit: 258
I purchased a RX Vega 64 (standard air cooled) didn't have chance to do anything with it until today. With the standard driver i was getting 31-31Mh/s on Claymore 9.8 ETH only using nanopool.

I have switched to the new AMD Beta driver, i was getting 34Mhs but leaving the fan on auto the temps go through the roof, once it gets near 70 Deg C it would slow down.

Using WattMan, ive underclocked the CPU, undervolted the CPU, overclocked the Memory and undervolted the memory. I have also switched the fan profile to manual, Minimum 75% and Target 100%.

Its been running ETH only for about 3 hours now, im getting steady 43.3 - 43.4 Temp is steady at 63 Deg C

Sadly at the wall my idle usage goes from 70w up to 350w when mining and i wont talk about the fan noise.

This is what I was afraid of.. looks like 70-100MH/s was too good to be true. Only time will tell I guess. Once we get past the locked VBIOS hopefully we can get the power usage down and MH/s up.  Don't think we'll be hitting 70-100 though.  Thanks for the update!
Activity: 6

updated to 17.7.2 and 9.8 and I cannot keep memory clock at 2045 where I usually keep it.. it keeps bouncing 2045 to 1000 and back to 2045 as a result my hash rate is saw tooth even on my pool page. evn in wattman, the slider is not able to be set to a static value.. seems greyed out.

I installed with DDU to clear old drivers, I also tried upgrading to the new beta drivers and no fix.

it was fine prior to upgrading to 17.7.2

Has anyone else come across this issue?

ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 580

https://i.imgur.com/OZ0Zs3C.png

disabled secondary monitor and rebooted and I can control memory clock in wattman, but it's still bouncing to 1000 mhz and getting messed up hash

Try to remove the gpu and memory clock settings in your bat file. Leave just the wattman settings.

and now it's randomly greyed out again in wattman so I can't control it. this is getting crazy. think i am going to roll back driver upgrades
Activity: 10
updated to 17.7.2 and 9.8 and I cannot keep memory clock at 2045 where I usually keep it.. it keeps bouncing 2045 to 1000 and back to 2045 as a result my hash rate is saw tooth even on my pool page. evn in wattman, the slider is not able to be set to a static value.. seems greyed out.

I installed with DDU to clear old drivers, I also tried upgrading to the new beta drivers and no fix.

disabled secondary monitor and rebooted and I can control memory clock in wattman, but it's still bouncing to 1000 mhz and getting messed up hash

Try to remove the gpu and memory clock settings in your bat file. Leave just the wattman settings.

Jump to: