Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 678. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
After installing the new version in my RIGS : Claymore miner v9.8 works fine, like the 9.7, but not really hashrate improvements with nVidia GPUs.

Ethereum difficulty is still very high and don't fall : the AMD DAG issues will make it it lower in the very near future...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
Anyone know what kind of a rig is this? He is collecting all the EHT coins..

https://ethermine.org/miners/e5f32e1d43054d3aec9d1a321379fb432ab1ba5c
This is not a RIG, but a farm (hundreds/thousands of RIGs).
Perhaps the ETH team, or more obvious an independant farm like Genesis Mining.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Transactions go to 0xFBb1b73C4f0BDa4f67dcA266ce6Ef42f520fBB98
Just look at the balance!!

Balance:   334669.0215628683 Ether ($99,015,176.72)
Activity: 602
Merit: 114
Anyone know what kind of a rig is this? He is collecting all the EHT coins..

https://ethermine.org/miners/e5f32e1d43054d3aec9d1a321379fb432ab1ba5c
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
2 Claymore

Is there any news about new AMD drivers (DAG fix)  that you mention about ?

I was told that new version of drivers is almost ready, but it seems AMD changed plans and decided not to release special version of drivers just for miners. So we have to wait until new version of main drivers is released, DAG fix will be included there. I hope it will be soon...
KGV
Activity: 55
2 Claymore

Is there any news about new AMD drivers (DAG fix)  that you mention about ?
donator
Miners developer
... QQ

Please explain why do you need the diff for every share found. Also note that you can see current target diff by pressing "s" key. Before answering, make sure that you know how solo mining works. I did not add this info because I try to show only useful information in the miner and I don't know how this information can help in solo mining or pool mining.

Thanks for your reply,

what I really need is the best share found since the miner started displayed when "s" is pressed so I can know if I can hit the current network difficulty or not solo within moderate timeframe (12h -24h). Displaying the share difficulty along with the share accepted output would also be helpful in determining what the best shares found are with a short timeframe (5m - 15m). There's a sweet spot solo mining but if the bar is set too high I end up in a sour one.

Bottom line is if I can see the difficulty of the shares I'm finding along with the best one found then I can know if I'm able to hit a block or many blocks solo or not.

Regards.

You mine solo, so miner gets "share target = network diff", it means that every share that miner finds will solve a block. Now how it works: miner passes share target to GPU, if share found, GPU will return that share(s). GPU does not return the best share that was found, it would take additional time from GPU. Moreover, it is not necessary as you can calculate how often you will find shares in average. Press "s" and you will see total mining rate(speed) per second and share target. Divide "mining speed" / "Share Target" = "how many shares you will get in one second". For example, share target is 8000MH and mining speed is 80MH/s, it means that you will find 0.01 share per second, i.e. one share per 100 seconds, in average.
Checking best share you found in 5-15 minutes can be funny, but it will not help you in calculations.
PS. Mining solo depends on luck a lot, until you have at least 0.1% of network speed.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
c.
Also with most users they report GPU load at 58%, 60%, 80%, but never more - even when power limit increased to 110%.

Ethash algorithm of encryption is more memory intensive than CPU. That means that Ethereum mining will hit a memory limit before the CPU. 

Other algorithms, like Zcash, which use the Equihash algorithm are more CPU based and less memory based.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
Has anyone confirmed the alleged ridiculous hashrates for Vega?

You are confused. Keep doing your research. The Vega with ridiculous hash rate has not been sold yet.

Yes, VEGA 64 isn't sold until tomorrow, HOWEVER, it was sent out to media last week.  A Media person that is a miner could have some results.  Or they could have sold it to a friend.

On another note, looks like there is a bug in AMD drivers for VEGA on Linux. I expect whatever we see as hash rates next week will just be the beginning.  We'll see improvements to AMD drivers and we'll see people like Claymore who learn to tweak their software to get more out of the VEGA cards.

---

And yes Linux drivers for VEGA are bugged.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Sell your rig, mining is not for you.
You are very helpful. Thank you! Keep doing this!
After this:
****TRASHY HACKER LINK REMOVED****
I am ok again.

You're a newbie with 2 posts recommending a post from a newbie with 13 posts who is offering a hacked version of AMD drivers.

RISK level 1000%

Don't download software from unknown sources. Don't listen to newbies with only a few posts.  Chances are you are going to download a trojan or virus.

There's nothing wrong with the DAG patch that he was referring to. What's your problem? heard word "hacker" too many times for your own good?
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Now this has probably been answered before but I have just noticed on the Zcash mining version that the gpu lists match the msi afterburner list, is it possible to implement it on this version?
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
"I read a tweet the other day about this specific problem.  It's being worked on but I don't know the details.  Vega will eventually perform on linux as well as it does on windows."

I haven't found one... ...if your memory jogs PM me a link please? Perhaps google is too difficult for me, as it already points a search on this error back to this post here, and I don't know the answer yet... Seems like "if you have to ask, you don't understand" circular logic...

the problem seems the amdgn-amdhsa target of RocMs' llvm, but I'm on a super slow internet connection and the miner w/Vega is a G3930 so even slower compiling progress...

Anyway, it's amazing how quickly anything on bitcointalk goes up the google indexing, so while most here aren't interested, when someone smart figures it out and sends me the answer, I'll put reference it here.

FWIW, there's a truly staggering volume of complex code in the ROC project, truly amazing work... ...I'd send them a BeerCoin if I could figure that out ;-)

Is this relevant to you?

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Radeon-Vega-FE-More-OpenCL
Activity: 1
NVIDIA released CUDA 9.0 recently
and 384.94 is running that driver

Here is the extracted part of CUDA 9.0.103 runtime from CUDA 9 RC, or you can download the full package on official developer website.
https://mega.nz/#F!sZMCyIAS!1AZqkgvW5BUtZJlgQx2waQ

Besides, CUDA 9.0 said "PERFORM 2X FASTER OUT OF THE BOX WITH PASCAL GPUS".
I expect have slight improvement in mining although it may improve the 3D performance only.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
... QQ

Please explain why do you need the diff for every share found. Also note that you can see current target diff by pressing "s" key. Before answering, make sure that you know how solo mining works. I did not add this info because I try to show only useful information in the miner and I don't know how this information can help in solo mining or pool mining.

Thanks for your reply,

what I really need is the best share found since the miner started displayed when "s" is pressed so I can know if I can hit the current network difficulty or not solo within moderate timeframe (12h -24h). Displaying the share difficulty along with the share accepted output would also be helpful in determining what the best shares found are with a short timeframe (5m - 15m). There's a sweet spot solo mining but if the bar is set too high I end up in a sour one.

Bottom line is if I can see the difficulty of the shares I'm finding along with the best one found then I can know if I'm able to hit a block or many blocks solo or not.

Regards.

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Claymore if you see this, someone alerts you to this, OR this has already been hashed out and fixed (my apologies I haven't read through the 700+ pages yet, working on it).

Cards with the 9000gbps OC'd memory, notably the 1060 Gaming X+ (I don't know if AMD cards have the same issue), seem to hash slower than their peers with the non OC'd mem.,

Any reasons to why they are under-performing would be greatly appreciated! Some speculation was that the OC'd mem isn't able to be processed/accessed properly whether by the mining software or OS, etc.
Also with most users they report GPU load at 58%, 60%, 80%, but never more - even when power limit increased to 110%.

Thanks in advance!

try making the card go into p0 state by turning off p2 state forcing on driver level.
Activity: 5
Claymore if you see this, someone alerts you to this, OR this has already been hashed out and fixed (my apologies I haven't read through the 700+ pages yet, working on it).

Cards with the 9000gbps OC'd memory, notably the 1060 Gaming X+ (I don't know if AMD cards have the same issue), seem to hash slower than their peers with the non OC'd mem.,

Any reasons to why they are under-performing would be greatly appreciated! Some speculation was that the OC'd mem isn't able to be processed/accessed properly whether by the mining software or OS, etc.

Thanks in advance!
donator
Miners developer
Hey Claymore, it looks like the Linux console doesn't support ANSI codes� Also could you add share difficulty info, I tried to solo mine ETC for a week and got nothing but hot air and enough DCR to cover the power bill.

Activity: 430
Merit: 254
Here you go:

http://etcstats.net/

86 Trillion. No sweat.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
Hey Claymore, it looks like the Linux console doesn't support ANSI codes� Also could you add share difficulty info, I tried to solo mine ETC for a week and got nothing but hot air and enough DCR to cover the power bill.
Activity: 41
I recently registered at the forum.
Perhaps this question was asked earlier, but he is very interested in me:

1) Is it possible to hide the text for dual mode, for the second coin.
2) It is possible to deduce the speed of a hasht only total (not for each map as it is now).

Thank you for your help.
Jump to: