Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 690. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 6
My rig was running well with 6 gpus.  I moved it to a new location.  Now one gpu (rx 570 rog strip 4gb) doesn't work at all.  Gpu-z doesn't show any info for it.  Worried It's just a dead card now, but not sure what could have caused it.  Maybe just rma.
For another gpu (rx 570 msi twin frozr 4 gb), everything looks fine in gpuz, but if it's plugged in when the miner starts, I get a windows error popup saying the .exe has stopped working, before dag creation.  Seems like the card is good and this problem should be fixable.
The other four (xfx rx 480 8gb, rog strix rx 580 8 gb, msi armor rx 580 4 gb, and powercolor red dragon 4 gb) are smooth and stable as long as the twin frozr isn't plugged in.
Any ideas?

I've had a few occasions where Claymore start then a box pops up and says something like "EthDcrMiner64.exe has stopped working" (usually after I've messed around with something).
I tried the usual delete video drivers with DDU and reinstall drivers, but that didn't work.
The only soloution I found that worked was to do a complete clean re-install of Windows.

Thanks.  Yeah I tried DDU + reinstall drivers already.  Clean reinstall of windows would really be a pain in the neck, but it does seem to be a windows problem.

If I knew my shit better there's probably some registry tweak or something that would fix it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
My rig was running well with 6 gpus.  I moved it to a new location.  Now one gpu (rx 570 rog strip 4gb) doesn't work at all.  Gpu-z doesn't show any info for it.  Worried It's just a dead card now, but not sure what could have caused it.  Maybe just rma.
For another gpu (rx 570 msi twin frozr 4 gb), everything looks fine in gpuz, but if it's plugged in when the miner starts, I get a windows error popup saying the .exe has stopped working, before dag creation.  Seems like the card is good and this problem should be fixable.
The other four (xfx rx 480 8gb, rog strix rx 580 8 gb, msi armor rx 580 4 gb, and powercolor red dragon 4 gb) are smooth and stable as long as the twin frozr isn't plugged in.
Any ideas?

I've had a few occasions where Claymore start then a box pops up and says something like "EthDcrMiner64.exe has stopped working" (usually after I've messed around with something).
I tried the usual delete video drivers with DDU and reinstall drivers, but that didn't work.
The only soloution I found that worked was to do a complete clean re-install of Windows.
Finally I can test and confirm that AMD has fixed the issue with slowdown at high DAG epochs for Vega/Polaris/Fiji cards. They are going to release new drivers in a few days.

Have you heard any new updates from AMD since? Wondering if they're having last minute issues with the release. I'd like to avoid using an unofficial user-modded driver.

Separately, I just assembled an AMD rig with 6x RX480, and I'm new to AMD, would folks mind educating me as to the following:

1) Is BIOS modding still the way to go for under-volting and optimizing memory timings? Or can a lot of that be achieved with the latest Wattman?
2a) If BIOS mods are still the way to go, I read that as of a certain Catalyst version it won't work with modified BIOS, so does that mean when the new Catalyst with DAG fix releases, it won't work with the BIOS mods? How will we be able to use the new driver with DAG fix AND run with modded BIOS?
2b) If Wattman can largely achieve power reduction and improved

Apologies in advance if this issue has been widely discussed, I didn't see directly relevant results with the preliminary Google searches I've done thus far.

1)  For the love of all that is holy and good, do not use Wattman.  It's awful.

2a) It still works, you just have to re-patch/sign with atikmdag patcher.

2b) Don't use Wattman.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Finally I can test and confirm that AMD has fixed the issue with slowdown at high DAG epochs for Vega/Polaris/Fiji cards. They are going to release new drivers in a few days.

Have you heard any new updates from AMD since? Wondering if they're having last minute issues with the release. I'd like to avoid using an unofficial user-modded driver.

Separately, I just assembled an AMD rig with 6x RX480, and I'm new to AMD, would folks mind educating me as to the following:

1) Is BIOS modding still the way to go for under-volting and optimizing memory timings? Or can a lot of that be achieved with the latest Wattman?
2a) If BIOS mods are still the way to go, I read that as of a certain Catalyst version it won't work with modified BIOS, so does that mean when the new Catalyst with DAG fix releases, it won't work with the BIOS mods? How will we be able to use the new driver with DAG fix AND run with modded BIOS?
2b) If Wattman can largely achieve power reduction and improved

Apologies in advance if this issue has been widely discussed, I didn't see directly relevant results with the preliminary Google searches I've done thus far.
Activity: 259
Merit: 108
Hey guys looking for some input here. I'm getting wildly inconsistent hash rates on my 5 x 1060 rig. Three more cards arriving tomorrow but want to sort this out.

On 9.8 Screenshot my ETH hash rate is is 102.xx but every once in a while it drops down to 50 or 60 mh/s and as you can see a few of the cards will drop to 1 mh/s but some of the other ones drop to 14 or 15. One of my GPU fans is also reporting 0% but the card is cool and the fans are still spinning.

On 9.7 performance is not too bad... But it's around 100 mh/s and the performance only dips down to 94 - 97 mh/s occasionally. I haven't seen the cards drop down to 1 mh/s however I will still see the GPU fan drop to 0.

Currently on 384.90 since it gave the best results at the top end but I've tried 368 and 372 with no difference in the problems, only that the top end hash rate is insignificantly lower.

No clue what's going on here! Any help would be appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Are you using custom bios (eg timings for lower domains copied to 1875 and 2000)?
If yes, you need atikmdag patch
If not, you can't get max speed
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Please provide the link to beta driver

There was a link 2 pages before:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20663225

This is what I thought. Its not a beta AMD driver. This is an modification performed by an individual. One of the links is not opening. The second has a virus alerts. Be aware! Have not you had any issues with that driver? Are you still using it?

One should think twice before installing untrusted software on his money making machine.
Sometimes we see people surprised when their miner mines for elsebody Smiley
yea, right.
An individual who managed to solve  AMD driver problem for specific cards, compiled whole driver pack and even make it install without fuss on Win10?
And did that for 2 days after first leakage that such driver exists ?!

i missed your point... Did you try it yourself? Does it work for you flawlessly? Congratulations then. I did not see an increase of the hashing power, so this is the fact I trust.
Activity: 6
AB works
But only beta 15 and later

Yes, the beta works. But it's easier with claymore, as I mentioned it only applies the offset after its initialization. This helps the rigs from freezing. If I downvolt with AB, I have to do it manually after Claymore is already started. Not ideal in case of automatic restart.

Any ideas?
legendary

This is what I thought. Its not a beta AMD driver. This is an modification performed by an individual. One of the links is not opening. The second has a virus alerts. Be aware! Have not you had any issues with that driver? Are you still using it?

One should think twice before installing untrusted software on his money making machine.
yea, right.
An individual who managed to solve  AMD driver problem for specific cards, compiled whole driver pack and even make it install without fuss on Win10?
And did that for 2 days after first leakage that such driver exists ?!
legendary
I tried the new beta driver which fixes the DAG issue together with Claymore 9.8 (DDU, clean install only driver via Device Manager, without other AMD apps). It does have a higher hashrate, but the it seems cvddc and mvddc do not work. I tried using MSI AB beta, it can change the voltage, but the cards freeze (Claymore only applied voltages after its initialization was done, which was great).

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thank you.
AB works
But only beta 15 and later
Activity: 50
Hi guys,

Installed 12 p106-100 nvidia mining cards into the ASrock h110 on nvOS, when I boot with claymore the mining starts and then freezes in a couple of minutes with error 15 saying that it can't get any temperature info. I tried to change the miner to genoil and it mines for 10-15 minutes and then freezes the system as well .

Has anyone seen this before or maybe can advise on how to get rid of this error? The cards supposed to be running on the production settings as I haven't yet touched the OC settings.
Activity: 54

I think it is safer to wait another week.

Activity: 224
Im currently dual mining SIA with Claymore on Nanopool but I want to switch to lbry (also Dual).

I made some test on Supernova (with both lbry and decred) and I get way less credits than what I should get. Any suggestion for a lbry (or decred) pool besides Suprnova ?

TIA

I don't care for SIA but when it comes to DCR, dcr.suprnova.cc is one of the largest and best pools. Check it out:

https://dcrstats.com/pow

Thank you but like I wrote, the tests I made with decred on Suprnova are very disappointing. Way below than what I am suppose to get.
I tried the new beta driver which fixes the DAG issue together with Claymore 9.8 (DDU, clean install only driver via Device Manager, without other AMD apps). It does have a higher hashrate, but the it seems cvddc and mvddc do not work. I tried using MSI AB beta, it can change the voltage, but the cards freeze (Claymore only applied voltages after its initialization was done, which was great).

Thank you.

Activity: 19

Thank you.

Can you use custom bios with the last driver? I try it but does not recognize the gpu's. Thanx

Thank you.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
So, started dual mining on my littl 4x1060 rig and have lost 3mh on ethereum per card. Kind of disappointed considering it said dual mining doesnt affect ETH mining speed  Sad

Where does it say dual mining doesnt effect Eth mining speed?  Have you tried changing dcri value?

Says it on the very first page:-

- Supports new "dual mining" mode: mining both Ethereum and Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal at the same time, with no impact on Ethereum mining speed. Ethereum-only mining mode is supported as well.

If i switch off the pasc mining it jumps up from 20-21mh eth to 24+.

EDIT:-

*facepalm* -dcri value was default 30. Lowered it and now its getting back to normal.
Jump to: