Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 691. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
So, started dual mining on my littl 4x1060 rig and have lost 3mh on ethereum per card. Kind of disappointed considering it said dual mining doesnt affect ETH mining speed  Sad

Where does it say dual mining doesnt effect Eth mining speed?  Have you tried changing dcri value?
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
So, started dual mining on my littl 4x1060 rig and have lost 3mh on ethereum per card. Kind of disappointed considering it said dual mining doesnt affect ETH mining speed  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
I'm not a GPU programmer, but isn't dagger-Hashimoto algo bound by fetch/bandwidth issues? So both lower access latency and bandwidth give the upper bound speed on a platform?
Given the Vega memory system, the only possible way (except a new 2x more effective solution algo) is if Vega caches are so big that DAG could be fit in there?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
there're rumours vega'll mine at least 70 m/h after a driver update,

yeah started by Gibbo at overclockers UK   
hes the chief buyer there so could be total B/S to drum up trade 

Considering my average is approaching 40MH/s from my Vega FE's... at 852MHz core clock, I think there might be some meat to this rumor.
Core clock is completely useless for Ethereum. Rumor is the most insane clickbait ever.  It has been picked up by literally every news and rumor mill site on earth, and is all over youtube, even though it is complete BS. Every news/youtuber just blindly reposts it to get views.

Not only content creators but AMD will benefit big time. I am wondering whether that was a PR act. Vega fails to deliver good gaming performance. AMD unofficially pumped the hype to sell the card in big numbers. Do not forget: Volta is coming Smiley 

I also have some info about insane ETH speed, I'm really impressed with the numbers, but cannot confirm them yet. It's similar to the DAG slowdown fix, which looked like a rumor at first...
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I'm solo mining ETC but I don't know the difficulty of the shares I'm finding so I can't tell if I'm getting close to hitting a block or not. Sad
When it says share found it would be nice to see the difficulty and when I press "s" it would be nice to see the highest difficulty share found.

If you mine solo, every share that you found is a block.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Considering my average is approaching 40MH/s from my Vega FE's... at 852MHz core clock, I think there might be some meat to this rumor.
Core clock is completely useless for Ethereum. Rumor is the most insane clickbait ever.  It has been picked up by literally every news and rumor mill site on earth, and is all over youtube, even though it is complete BS. Every news/youtuber just blindly reposts it to get views.

Not only content creators but AMD will benefit big time. I am wondering whether that was a PR act. Vega fails to deliver good gaming performance. AMD unofficially pumped the hype to sell the card in big numbers. Do not forget: Volta is coming Smiley 
Activity: 449
Merit: 251

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
How's v9.8 on gtx1070? Better?

I had a near 0.7mh/s jump on GTX1070 going from 9.6 to 9.7, but 9.8 is simply to fix the interface with latest 17.7.2 Catalyst, not supposed to have improved performance.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Im currently dual mining SIA with Claymore on Nanopool but I want to switch to lbry (also Dual).

I made some test on Supernova (with both lbry and decred) and I get way less credits than what I should get. Any suggestion for a lbry (or decred) pool besides Suprnova ?

TIA

I don't care for SIA but when it comes to DCR, dcr.suprnova.cc is one of the largest and best pools. Check it out:

https://dcrstats.com/pow

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Im currently dual mining SIA with Claymore on Nanopool but I want to switch to lbry (also Dual).

I made some test on Supernova (with both lbry and decred) and I get way less credits than what I should get. Any suggestion for a lbry (or decred) pool besides Suprnova ?

TIA
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Help guys, my miner acting up on me. It's working everyday and out of a sudden I'm not getting any hashrate from that particular single RX580 worker. Checked the miner it's running fine. Restarted the miner, still run as usual. However after few hours pool still showing 0 hashrate.

You check the wallet address in your bat file?  Are you just not showing "reported hashrate" but its still accepting shares?

yes, address still the same as the pool page just decided to stop showing hashrate for this particular worker. It's still accepting shares..

I noticed this with nanopool early this morning.  Probably just a bug on their end.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
When it says share found it would be nice to see the difficulty and when I press "s" it would be nice to see the highest difficulty share found.

That!
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
I'm solo mining ETC but I don't know the difficulty of the shares I'm finding so I can't tell if I'm getting close to hitting a block or not. Sad

Activity: 11
2xRX480 4GB+2xRX480 8GB+2xRX470 4GB
DRIVERS 17.7.1  Claymore's 9.7 dual (eth+decred) -  158-162 mh - 4900 mh
DRIVERS 17.7.1  Claymore's 9.8 dual (eth+decred) -  158-162 mh - 4900 mh
BETA DRIVERS Claymore's 9.7 dual (eth+decred) - 169-175 mh- 5100 mh
BETA DRIVERS Claymore's 9.8 dual (eth+decred)- 170-175 mh- 5100 mh

what drivers? where to get them ?

MOST LIKELY AT AMD'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE--

I haven't bothered to check, but AMD Radeon usually releases beta drivers to the public for trial.       --scryptr

I tried. Not compatible with msi afterburner, high power consumption, no stable clock speed

I hope this is it
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20663225

THIS DRIVER IS AN UNOFFICIAL RELEASE--

Apparently, a coder has managed to modify the AMD driver.  I can't use it, my AMD rigs are all Linux.  The linked page was a good read, but this driver is a user-modded driver.  Try it at your own risk.       --scryptr
Activity: 16
Any mh/s increase going from 9.7 to 9.8 on nvidia?
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

I haven't bothered to check, but AMD Radeon usually releases beta drivers to the public for trial.       --scryptr

I hope this is it

THIS DRIVER IS AN UNOFFICIAL RELEASE--

Apparently, a coder has managed to modify the AMD driver.  I can't use it, my AMD rigs are all Linux.  The linked page was a good read, but this driver is a user-modded driver.  Try it at your own risk.       --scryptr

I hope this is it

Activity: 64
Any news on the amd rx480-rx580 polaris solution?  About the speed of mining
Thanks.

If you are talking about the DAG issue, there is an new driver comming in a few days.

you guys still believe in miracles?  Grin

Haha, i also think noone will see that Wink
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

Jump to: