Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 692. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
2xRX480 4GB+2xRX480 8GB+2xRX470 4GB
DRIVERS 17.7.1  Claymore's 9.7 dual (eth+decred) -  158-162 mh - 4900 mh
DRIVERS 17.7.1  Claymore's 9.8 dual (eth+decred) -  158-162 mh - 4900 mh
BETA DRIVERS Claymore's 9.7 dual (eth+decred) - 169-175 mh- 5100 mh
BETA DRIVERS Claymore's 9.8 dual (eth+decred)- 170-175 mh- 5100 mh

what drivers? where to get them ?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hello Guys
i have a rig with 6x 480 and running it for more then a month, for few weeks now windows is freezing after few hours, sometimes nearly 24h
I downlocked the cards and they run over 950mV (very conservative), still, Windows Freezes. HWInfo shows no significant memory errors.
In Bios, the PCIE Gen is 1x
I've checked all risers, they seem to be Okay.. I'm using the latest Claymore 9.8 Version
It's very suspicous that my setup was working fine, but now freezing every time.
What am i missing?
edit: reinstalled latest driver and reverted new windows updates, still my rig crashes, this time just after 3 hours.. i really have no clues left
edit2: i am connected remotely with teamviewer over the rig, its located at a friends house. after the freeze, my friend restarts the rig and I look up into the log files, nothing suspicious standing there, the Miner just freezes Windows without any watchdog error or whatso ever
Activity: 18
2xRX480 4GB+2xRX480 8GB+2xRX470 4GB
DRIVERS 17.7.1  Claymore's 9.7 dual (eth+decred) -  158-162 mh - 4900 mh
DRIVERS 17.7.1  Claymore's 9.8 dual (eth+decred) -  158-162 mh - 4900 mh
BETA DRIVERS Claymore's 9.7 dual (eth+decred) - 169-175 mh- 5100 mh
BETA DRIVERS Claymore's 9.8 dual (eth+decred)- 170-175 mh- 5100 mh
Activity: 857
Merit: 262

IMPRESSIVE--

Thanks for the post!  NVidia cards work well with higher "-dcri" values.  But, Maxwell (900 series) cards are likely to reach maximum performance at a much lower "-dcri" value than 500.  A setting of "-dcri 75" is a good place to start for Maxwell cards.

You're welcome Wink

Radeon 4xx and 5xx cards, 1060 and 1070 cards all have core power more "in tune" with their GDDR5 memory speeds for ETH mining, so there is not much core power headroom left for second coin in dual mining mode. But, 1080 have plenty of core power left so the second coin can be mined very fast Cheesy Full -dcri 500 can be utilised and probably more Wink

Somebody with a 1080Ti card could do a few test and see what is happening with -dcri value in ETH + LBRY dual mode. Chances are that card could also mine second coin very fast Wink

Have you tried ZEC? Because from what you are talking, since they aren't balanced (memory/core) like amd and lower nvidia cards, would be interesting to test them on a mining process that requires both memory and core power. Using higher than 8 intensity would be also nice (dunno if this is possible).

YES, I MINE ZEC--

But in order to get truly rewarding secondary coin hash rates Maxwell series cards require a high "-dcri" setting.  A miner should adjust  from a setting of "-dcri 75" as a starting point, as it will double the secondary coin hash rate compared to the default value.  ZEC mining is another miner, a single algo miner.

Right now I have several cards on the shelf.  AMD cards are in short supply, and I may put my 970 cards into a rig again soon.        --scryptr

I'm mining ZEC with my R7 370s, i don't find ETH worth with them.

I do ZEC also because of the lower temps(125W on RX470), cause I cant resist the temptation and run ALWAYS dual ETH(145W), as long as I do ETH at all.
If you want to use latest drivers for nvidia 9xx windows 10 and cuda 8, check out the following tutorial

I'm hashing at 20 MHs with a GTX 970.

You're kidding! 20MH/s?!

No i'm not... It's the best i could have. I think its not bad with 970 Smiley

it is excellent. How much are you getting WITHOUT the tweaks ?

Started at 3 MHs with uptodate drivers.
Around 15/16 with old drivers 352.xx + OC

Using latest claymore versions also helps.
Activity: 224
If you want to use latest drivers for nvidia 9xx windows 10 and cuda 8, check out the following tutorial

You're kidding! 20MH/s?!

it is excellent. How much are you getting WITHOUT the tweaks ?

You're kidding! 20MH/s?!

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

You're kidding! 20MH/s?!

edit: You are not kidding! Outstanding work m8 Smiley

Activity: 1
I've changed back to v9.7 as I see random Hashrates without reason (RX470, ethereum only mining).
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I missed out on testing v9.7 but v9.8 made all my Polaris based machines unstable. After a few crashes I had to use DDU and reinstall the driver because Windows failed to boot.
I guess this is because I have been using up-to-date drivers which effectively disabled the hardware-control/monitor features of older miner versions but v9.8 was updated to the new API.

So, I wish to reiterate my long-standing request: an option to run this miner software with completely disabled hardware-access.

Let's face it. AMD's API has been and will be utter sh|t. Let's not fight it unnecessarily (let Unwinder and other brave souls push through that bush). Sad
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Help guys, my miner acting up on me. It's working everyday and out of a sudden I'm not getting any hashrate from that particular single RX580 worker. Checked the miner it's running fine. Restarted the miner, still run as usual. However after few hours pool still showing 0 hashrate.

You check the wallet address in your bat file?  Are you just not showing "reported hashrate" but its still accepting shares?
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
Would anyone know if and how it is possible to have 1 instance (1 console) of claymore miner mining with multiple cards to multiple addresses?

For example i want GPU#1 to mine to my personal address while GPU#2 mine to address of my neighbor.

Even existing it would be much easier and more practical to have 2 instances. So why to bother? The only thing you would accomplish is, in a crash, both will stop.

I see your point. But i ask because one of my extra rigs only has 2GB of RAM (trying to cut on costs and will not purchase another 2GB RAM). Its runs fine with 1 instance but it starts crashing with another instance open.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
The AMD fix is already out, check the other thread made by robinh00d
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
A bit off topic but has anybody else had issues with AMD OpenCL functionality under Linux, one of my miners got auto updated but whatever they changed they broke OpenCL and nothing I do including a fresh install and old 4.4.0 kernel works. I'm perplexed and relived that claymore includes his own libraries so at least his miners are not effected. I can't run wine for miners that use OpenCL when source code/Linux binaries aren't available.  Huh
Activity: 71
Any news on the amd rx480-rx580 polaris solution?  About the speed of mining
Thanks.

If you are talking about the DAG issue, there is an new driver comming in a few days.

you guys still believe in miracles?  Grin

Yes, after 53 days poloniex Deposit gave me my ETC coins, that if it's a miracle haha
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Any news on the amd rx480-rx580 polaris solution?  About the speed of mining
Thanks.

If you are talking about the DAG issue, there is an new driver comming in a few days.

you guys still believe in miracles?  Grin
Activity: 158
Would anyone know if and how it is possible to have 1 instance (1 console) of claymore miner mining with multiple cards to multiple addresses?

For example i want GPU#1 to mine to my personal address while GPU#2 mine to address of my neighbor.

Even existing it would be much easier and more practical to have 2 instances. So why to bother? The only thing you would accomplish is, in a crash, both will stop.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282

Activity: 158

Both rigs are RX 470s Gaming X 4GB with Samsung memory. Exact same settings.

If you pick up one card from the slow rig and put in the fast rig. It will keep 26 or change to 28? And vice-versa?

Knowing that will make things easier.
Jump to: