Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 694. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
my system crashed while running 6 GPUs, which went smoothly for 5 weeks. i thought it was a booster but it put another one in the same result.

any other suggestions?
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
I apologize in advance if this question has already been raised, but I can not find an answer.

I can not understand why claymore does not control the fans of NVIDIA cards.
All the controls by the BIOS settings of the cards only.

Installed the latest drivers and claymore 9.8 - no effect.

Win 10 x64 and GTX 1070 EVGA

Send that question to Nvidia.
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
Someone have bios for Sapphire RX 580 4GB NITRO+ , hynix and elpida?
I tried several bioses and i cant move it more than 26mhs
Most of bioses i found are for 8GB version...
Activity: 18
Where i can read info about change miner config on api ?
In api.txt only info about stats and restart miner.
-___-
 Undecided
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
I apologize in advance if this question has already been raised, but I can not find an answer.

Yet, if you would just read first post in thread, or claymore readme.txt, you'd know the answer
Activity: 14
yeah..
beta driver works with 9.8 Smiley

are the amd cards hashing better with this beta driver?
Yes. Got new beta to test and yes, it works. Cards bumped for 1-1.3MH/s

I cant find any link to the beta Driver
lets hope it do eliminate the dag file issue cause my new modded bios hits 32 MHs on rx 470 4GB with hynix memory but stable at 31.5 with benching at 130 dag epoch now I max 28 MHs
In which clock?
Activity: 4

IMPRESSIVE--

Thanks for the post!  NVidia cards work well with higher "-dcri" values.  But, Maxwell (900 series) cards are likely to reach maximum performance at a much lower "-dcri" value than 500.  A setting of "-dcri 75" is a good place to start for Maxwell cards.

You're welcome Wink

Radeon 4xx and 5xx cards, 1060 and 1070 cards all have core power more "in tune" with their GDDR5 memory speeds for ETH mining, so there is not much core power headroom left for second coin in dual mining mode. But, 1080 have plenty of core power left so the second coin can be mined very fast Cheesy Full -dcri 500 can be utilised and probably more Wink

Somebody with a 1080Ti card could do a few test and see what is happening with -dcri value in ETH + LBRY dual mode. Chances are that card could also mine second coin very fast Wink
Activity: 31

legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Hello, this is a question for Mr. Claymore Smiley

My rig has 4 gtx1080 cards (radeons and 1070s are very hard to find or overpriced Cheesy)

If I solo mine LBRY (with ccminer) it gives 380 MH/s lbry per card (a bit overclocked)
If I solo mine ETH, it gives 22.5 MH/s ethash per card (pity there is no way to mod memory straps on Pascal, at least that I know of)

This is where the things get interesting for 1080 cards:

If I run dual mining ETH + LBRY, with default -dcri settings (a low one) it gives full ETH hashrate and very low LBRY hasrate.
But when I start increasing -dcri, the ETH hashrate is still goings strong (minimal losses), but LBRY hashrate has a steady increase.
The max -dcri value Clayrmore Dual Miner allows me to set is 500: at that value, ETH hashrate is STILL STRONG and LBRY hasrate went up to almost 55% of full solo mining hashrate.

So, with -dcri 500, Claymore Dual Miner 9.7 gives 19 MH/s ETH hashrate + 205 MH/s LBRY hashrate
Calculated as a percentage of full solo mining, it is something like 85% of full ETH + 54% of the full LBRY at the same time

That is a great result!

It seems that if -dcri could go above 500, the LBRY hashrate would still increse, and hopefully ETH hashrate would decline only a bit, until the slow declining limit is reached. I want to know what is the limit Smiley
Gtx1080 cards have very strong processing power, but gddr5x memory is just not good for ethash algo. Lbry algo really relies moslty on processing power, so when doing solo LBRY mining on a gtx1080 card, you can downclock memory and hash would stay the same. Ethash relies on memory transfer, so when doing solo ETH mining on a gtx1080 card you can downclock the core waaay down and decrease power limit alot and the card would still give 22 MH/s. With dual mining, both core and the memory should be fully utilized.

Soooooooo... is it profitable to mine on -dcri 500? Sadly, it is no more profitable than mining solo LBRY. 19 MH/s ETH is similar to 180 MH/s LBRY or just below in terms of profits right now. Ofc, dual mining this way certanly won't hurt, but it is just not more profitable than simple solo LBRY.

Question for Mr. Claymore is: Can -dcri be set on more than 500 or can you make a test build with limit unlocked so we can try it?

IMPRESSIVE--

Thanks for the post!  NVidia cards work well with higher "-dcri" values.  But, Maxwell (900 series) cards are likely to reach maximum performance at a much lower "-dcri" value than 500.  A setting of "-dcri 75" is a good place to start for Maxwell cards.

Ethereum mining performance begins to degrade more rapidly on Maxwell cards than with Pascal cards.  Most of mine are on the shelf, it has been about a year since I experimented.  I think that Claymore may have adjusted intensity values within the code during that time.       --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
If you dont like the difficulty settings, you need to change pool.  some have static diff which may be too high for your gear, or some have vardiff.  static is better but its not one size fits all.
Hello, this is a question for Mr. Claymore Smiley

My rig has 4 gtx1080 cards (radeons and 1070s are very hard to find or overpriced Cheesy)

If I solo mine LBRY (with ccminer) it gives 380 MH/s lbry per card (a bit overclocked)
If I solo mine ETH, it gives 22.5 MH/s ethash per card (pity there is no way to mod memory straps on Pascal, at least that I know of)

This is where the things get interesting for 1080 cards:

If I run dual mining ETH + LBRY, with default -dcri settings (a low one) it gives full ETH hashrate and very low LBRY hasrate.
But when I start increasing -dcri, the ETH hashrate is still goings strong (minimal losses), but LBRY hashrate has a steady increase.
The max -dcri value Clayrmore Dual Miner allows me to set is 500: at that value, ETH hashrate is STILL STRONG and LBRY hasrate went up to almost 55% of full solo mining hashrate.

So, with -dcri 500, Claymore Dual Miner 9.7 gives 19 MH/s ETH hashrate + 205 MH/s LBRY hashrate
Calculated as a percentage of full solo mining, it is something like 85% of full ETH + 54% of the full LBRY at the same time

That is a great result!

It seems that if -dcri could go above 500, the LBRY hashrate would still increse, and hopefully ETH hashrate would decline only a bit, until the slow declining limit is reached. I want to know what is the limit Smiley
Gtx1080 cards have very strong processing power, but gddr5x memory is just not good for ethash algo. Lbry algo really relies moslty on processing power, so when doing solo LBRY mining on a gtx1080 card, you can downclock memory and hash would stay the same. Ethash relies on memory transfer, so when doing solo ETH mining on a gtx1080 card you can downclock the core waaay down and decrease power limit alot and the card would still give 22 MH/s. With dual mining, both core and the memory should be fully utilized.

Soooooooo... is it profitable to mine on -dcri 500? Sadly, it is no more profitable than mining solo LBRY. 19 MH/s ETH is similar to 180 MH/s LBRY or just below in terms of profits right now. Ofc, dual mining this way certanly won't hurt, but it is just not more profitable than simple solo LBRY.

Question for Mr. Claymore is: Can -dcri be set on more than 500 or can you make a test build with limit unlocked so we can try it?
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Apart from summary .... How can we show at what difficulty the shares are being accepted........
Is there a way to control the difficulty ?
it looks dynamically adjusted by claymore itself.

Difficulty is set by the pool in response to the variations in the overall network difficulty. Miners do not adjust difficulty!
Finally I can test and confirm that AMD has fixed the issue with slowdown at high DAG epochs for Vega/Polaris/Fiji cards. They are going to release new drivers in a few days.

what you know about when new drivers for polaris, this question interests many

And possible increase hashrate with optimization on new version for polaris, pascal ?

yeah..
Please) you can give link ? very very need Smiley
Activity: 80
Guys, what do you dual mine with 1060 and why? I used to mine DCR with -dcri 44, but is DCR the best choice? I see that ETH+SIA gives me 10% more USD now...
Activity: 102
Merit: 11
Apart from summary .... How can we show at what difficulty the shares are being accepted........
Is there a way to control the difficulty ?
it looks dynamically adjusted by claymore itself.
Activity: 44
yeah..

lets hope it do eliminate the dag file issue cause my new modded bios hits 32 MHs on rx 470 4GB with hynix memory but stable at 31.5 with benching at 130 dag epoch now I max 28 MHs

share your bios please
Activity: 13
yeah..

Activity: 161
where is the new beta driver? Is it closed beta for now?
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
which is the best driver for nvidia 1060 and version 9.8?

When will there be a chance to control fans, etc, on nvidia?
thanks for your work
Activity: 21
Referring to:
If you don't agree with the dev fee - don't use this miner, or use "-nofee" option.
Attempts to cheat and remove dev fee will cause a bit slower mining speed (same as "-nofee 1") though miner will show same hashrate.
Miner cannot just stop if cheat is detected because creators of cheats would know that the cheat does not work and they would find new tricks. If miner does not show any errors or slowdowns, they are happy.

Profit switching in MultiPoolMiner or AwesomeMiner can switch into and out of Claymore potentially ever 10 minutes. Is this safe so that Claymore will not think that it is cheating, or does the profit switching program need to make sure Claymore is run for a longer time?
Jump to: