Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 727. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Everytime I try to adjust the available core frequencies for Vega it locks to 852MHz.  While I had it running at 852 core 1100 hbm2, it seemed to be getting around 22MH/s according to etherminer.org.  I turned it back up before I went to bed as I do prefer the higher hashrate.

Core frequency bounces between 1300-1600 at 1100mV.  Memory easily holds steady at 1100MHz using 1050mV.  0% Power offset, though if I do increase the power offset I can get Vega to stay constantly at 1600MHz core.  Fan speed is 97% Top card and 82% lower card holding 70C on each. According to etherminer.org  the lower card appears to be averaging about 32MH/s, top card which also has the monitor connected to it seems to be getting around 30MH/s.

Using genoil right now but looking forward to your miner claymore!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
is there a solution to easily switch between normal pools & NH/MPH ? they need -esm -allpools command but for other regular pools not needed so it's easy to switch between them.
let's say if i want to switch from ethermine to nicehash, i will have to edit config or .bat file and restart miner. so far easiest way is to make 2 .bat files but still have to shutdown n restart miner. a on the fly solution would be great and also from ethman if possible.
if it's only a single miner, yeah ez no issues but wut if some has a farm of over 50 miners ? that would be not easy.

epools.txt supports both ESM and ALLPOOLS options and you can broadcast it via EthMan.

i meant on the fly pool change.

Yes, it's on the fly pool change.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
is there a solution to easily switch between normal pools & NH/MPH ? they need -esm -allpools command but for other regular pools not needed so it's easy to switch between them.
let's say if i want to switch from ethermine to nicehash, i will have to edit config or .bat file and restart miner. so far easiest way is to make 2 .bat files but still have to shutdown n restart miner. a on the fly solution would be great and also from ethman if possible.
if it's only a single miner, yeah ez no issues but wut if some has a farm of over 50 miners ? that would be not easy.

epools.txt supports both ESM and ALLPOOLS options and you can broadcast it via EthMan.

i meant on the fly pool change. but for pools that dont need -esm or allpools, they can change pools on the fly no issues.

say i'm mining at ethermine now & i wanna change to nicehash, couldn't do it unless i add -esm3 & -allpools 1 & restart miner.

also switching from SC or DCR , have to change -dcoin & restart miner.

i hope there will an a solution to this.

thx.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
You need to update to Windows 10 Creator's Editon for Claymore to work properly in Windows.

?

i run claymore cdm on win7 with 5 gpus: 290, 2x470, 460, 1070.

no problems at all. i have 8 gb mem vs your 4 however. throw another 4 gb stick in.

donator
Miners developer

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
hi all!

I have an issue with one rig... I got all 5 cards detected (msi armor 4gb) running windows 10 64bits. All cards shows up in Device Manager, I used the atikmdag patcher, all cards shows up in msi afterburner.. but as soon as I launch the claymore

No NVIDIA CUDA GPUs detected.
No AMD OPENCL or NVIDIA CUDA GPUs found, exit

Motherboard Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3

Anyone can help me fixing this??? I've been messing for days to fix that stuff

Thank you!!

I just updated the AMD drivers to latest... I can get claymore to work.. but first card is doing 4-5mh only Sad   This is driving me crazy

What the....  I tried disabling first card in the device manager...  and reenable it... I can't see anything (temp/clock/etc) in the msi afterburner but i can run all of them 20 to 26mh... (can't adjust via afterburner)
Activity: 26
I have problem with Claymore miner. With 3 GPU GTX 1070 8GB everything is OK and stable. When I add 4th GPU GTX 1070 8GB, miner starts to restart itself and giving me error CUDA ERROR 11 - CANNOT WRITE BUFFER FOR DAG. First I thought it's GPU fault  and put new one with 2 old one and everthing is OK. Every combination of 3 GPUs is working, except when I add 4th one.

I increased virtual memory to 16GB and checked free disk space (71,6 GB).
I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit, with 4GB memory.

Could be problem in RAM or disk space ?

Please, for solutions, beacuse it's very little about this error on net.

You need to update to Windows 10 Creator's Editon for Claymore to work properly in Windows.

Is that 100% solution ?
hi all!

I have an issue with one rig... I got all 5 cards detected (msi armor 4gb) running windows 10 64bits. All cards shows up in Device Manager, I used the atikmdag patcher, all cards shows up in msi afterburner.. but as soon as I launch the claymore

Thank you!!

I just updated the AMD drivers to latest... I can get claymore to work.. but first card is doing 4-5mh only Sad   This is driving me crazy
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
I have problem with Claymore miner. With 3 GPU GTX 1070 8GB everything is OK and stable. When I add 4th GPU GTX 1070 8GB, miner starts to restart itself and giving me error CUDA ERROR 11 - CANNOT WRITE BUFFER FOR DAG. First I thought it's GPU fault  and put new one with 2 old one and everthing is OK. Every combination of 3 GPUs is working, except when I add 4th one.

Activity: 26

hi all!

Thank you!!
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine

Activity: 4
Asking again,

This may sound a strange request, but is there any way to edit the configuration so the console would not output the hashrate/stats for other altcoins than ETH?

Like if I'm mining ETH/Sia but I only want the console to output data related to ETH mining is there a way to do that?
Activity: 602
Merit: 114

Is that possible to ETH + XMR (Ethereum + Monero) Solo Mining ? If so, How?

both on VGA card or ETH on VGA and XMR on CPU?

ETH+XMR Both GPU Mining.
donator
Miners developer
Vega is ... hot. In stock it takes about 400-450W in dual, 300-350W in ETH-only mode at about 33MH/s. And it's throttling like hell. It's very good in dual mining mode, but it's too hot.
Have you messed with undervolting?

Usually I don't change anything, just use stock clocks/settings. But for this card I will have to change some Wattman settings due to hard throttling, but I found no Wattman. I spent a few days to prepare my tools and code for Vega, but today I finally noticed it: no Wattman for Vega at all. May be because I use Windows 7 instead of Windows 10, I will check it (though it's strange anyway). Also I don't see "gaming mode" button in drivers. ADL does not work too, so I even cannot set 100% fan speed to prevent throttling. AB does not work too. Weird.
Probably just due to Win7 for some reason. Wattman is there, in gaming mode in Win10 anyway. Gaming mode doesn't do anything now except get you wattman. You can also use wattool.  Memory speed gets set slow if you set all pstates, so just set last one. Bugs probably will be fixed upon RX Vega release.

Yeah, I see "gaming mode" button in Windows 10. So this issue is related to Windows 7 only.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Really surprised that AMD released a fix for the DAG for the Vega but not for the Polaris cards.

Pretty much nobody is mining with Vega but everybody is mining with their RX gpus.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
Help pls !!

I have 6 RX 570 gpus connected to the PC and they all are enabled and seemed to be working fine (Windows 10).. I want to save the bios of the 5th GPU, modify and flash it with ATI Flash.. When I open ATI flash, it only lists the first 3 GPUs.. No way to scroll down to the 5th.. Sad How do i scroll down and save the bios of the 5th and flash it back? I do not want to unplug the other 5 from Mobo and do it.. It will screw up the already configured and working ones..

You should always BIOS flash cards in the primary 16x slot directly connected to the mobo, and should always be done individually before you try connect all the GPU's.

never had to do this, I flash my cards in any slot even connected to risers no problem after reboot

Never said you had to.  Just a precaution to avoid bricking your card with a bad flash.

I never did that.. I assumed its ok do flash while on riser.. And I add each GPU one by one and flash them and leave them on the slot.. So thats not a good practise? And there is no way to backup and flash the 5th card from atx flash? If there is no way, then I have to remove all other cards, boot to windows, flash the card, connect all cards back and I wouldnt have any card error or detection issues? Thanks

You can flash cards beyond #4 using a command prompt window and using the command line version of ATI Flash utility. It is in the directory with the Windows version.
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
I tried this program for 2 days to mine digibyte but I cannot do it also digibyte's mining program is not available on their website Undecided
Activity: 266
Merit: 111

both on VGA card or ETH on VGA and XMR on CPU?
Activity: 602
Merit: 114

Jump to: