Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 725. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Somebody can help me, i have 1 rig, i trying run the miner whit on wifi network, but the miner can't connect the pool. If maybe can connect the pool run 5-10 sec and lost the connection... If i close the miner, and run the browser all things works graet on wifi. I try another rig, but it's not working.
i have win 10 64bit, asrock btc 2.0 motherboard, claymore eth miner 9.7.

I had the same issue with RX 580 and Z97 Motherboard. I read about this problem here as well. The issue is that the algorithm is creating some kind of interference with the motherboard when under load which causes the the Wificard to lose connection. I tried to change the overclocking (load) of the card and it made it better. This somewhat solved the problem. Other and better solutions would be to have a different Wifi card (eg USB one) or use PCIe X1 to 16X risers and move the card from the motherboard away.

Good luck
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
I have celeron g4400 CPU with 8gb ram using win10 and system uses 95 watt from wall I wonder is that high usage or should I set the windows power management on  when using miner to save electricity usage?
If that 95 is with some cards attached - it is good. Even without cards, Haswell takes 55-60w, skylake 35...
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I have celeron g4400 CPU with 8gb ram using win10 and system uses 95 watt from wall I wonder is that high usage or should I set the windows power management on  when using miner to save electricity usage?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Any1 running rig with multiple GPUs on old lga775 boards?

Every time I plug riser into pcie x16 slot, the system won't start.
What could be the reason for that?
when pluged only pcie x1 works normal.
I tried changing video setting in bios (onboard, pcie...)

I have farm on LGA775. i'm using x16 - x16 PCI-E Riser (with external power plug) in first PCI-E x16 slot. PCI-E x1-x16 riser won't work.

Thanks for sharing. I guess I'll have to get one of those x16-x16 risers as well.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
Code:
-allcoins Specify "-allcoins 1" to be able to mine Ethereum forks, in this mode miner will use some default pools for devfee Ethereum mining.
   Note that if devfee mining pools will stop, entire mining will be stopped too.
   Miner has to use two DAGs in this mode - one for Ethereum and one for Ethereum fork, it can cause crashes because DAGs have different sizes.
   Therefore for this mode it is recommended to specify current Ethereum epoch (or a bit larger value),
   for example, "-allcoins 47" means that miner will expect DAG size for epoch #47 and will allocate appropriate GPU buffer at starting, instead of reallocating bigger GPU buffer (may crash) when it starts devfee mining.
   Another option is to specify "-allcoins -1", in this mode miner will start devfee round immediately after start and therefore will get current epoch for Ethereum, after that it will be able to mine Ethereum fork.
   If you mine Expanse, the best way is to specify "-allcoins exp", in this mode devfee mining will be on Expanse too and DAG won't be recreated at all.
   If you mine ETC on some pool that does not accept wallet address but requires Username.Worker instead, the best way is to specify "-allcoins etc", in this mode devfee mining will be on ETC pools and DAG won't be recreated at all.

How about MUSIC ? I want to mine MUSIC coin. What should I write in the option ?
Activity: 8

I have farm on LGA775. i'm using x16 - x16 PCI-E Riser (with external power plug) in first PCI-E x16 slot. PCI-E x1-x16 riser won't work.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1YQzpMpXXXXa5XVXXq6xXFXXXS/%D0%A0%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%B7%D0%B5%D1%80-PCI-E-font-b-x16-b-font-font-b-pcie-b-font-pci-Express-16X.jpg
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
As I said before, AMD is going to fix the DAG issue for both Vega and Polaris, and new drivers will be available soon.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
I admit it - my gut was wrong. My owner has confirmed - issue is due to large page sizes, and since AMD now knows what the issue is, a fix is probably in the pipeline after all.

So by your statement, even Tonga will get the fix if that is really the issue on it. Even if AMD knows about it, knowing and wanting to fix are 2 different things. I guess if AMD does not fix it on Polaris then rage will be wide spread.

Large page files makes sense.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
I have a 6GB HD 7970 GHz Edition, which claymore miner is only recognizing as a 3GB card. Is that slowing down my hashrate? Will it be a problem as the DAG increases? Finally, I’m on Windows, would the miner on Linux recognize the card correctly?

That 6GB HD 7970 is a rare gem. Sell it on eBay, they are fetching a huge penny.

But mine ZEC instead with your 7970, ETH no good for your GPU.

right, now eth is bad for 7950s
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
The DAG epoch issue: it seems AMD fixed it for Vega in drivers and now they are working on Polaris. New drivers will be available soon, may be in two weeks or so.

I highly doubt this - not that Vega doesn't have the issue (I would hazard a guess the massively different memory controller fixed it without them needing to try), but them fixing it for Polaris - ESPECIALLY in that time frame, doesn't sound right to me.

I'm not going to call it, because my sources haven't gotten back to me on this, but I don't think so.

I admit it - my gut was wrong. My owner has confirmed - issue is due to large page sizes, and since AMD now knows what the issue is, a fix is probably in the pipeline after all.

Interesting how you worded it ...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1274

Activity: 7
I'm running 4 Radeon RX 570 GPUs, post bios-mod, on a Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard, and I'm trying to monitor the hashrates and temps with Claymore's remote manager application, EthMan.exe.  I have two rigs that I monitor with it.  The first Rig is running 7 1070's and everything displays perfectly fine.  However, on the Rig with the 570's, I see only 1 GPU temp listed.  I see the hashrates for all the GPU's with no problem, but for some reason I can only see the one GPU temp and not the others.  Here is my bat file:

Code:
-epool eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal .Rig2/ -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10 -mport  -mpsw 

I tried adding "-tt 1" to the batch file, but that didn't do anything.  Also, I have noticed that GPU0 starts off a the same hashrate as the other GPU's (which are all identical), but then is slowly starts to lose it's hashrate, but the others maintain their initial hashrates.  I'm not sure if this is related or if this is something else (I'd love to know too if there is a fix for this, but that's of secondary importance right now). 

All rigs are running Claymore Miner 9.7 and I'm also using that same version to

Any idea what might be going on here and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Activity: 635
Merit: 500
I'm recovering from  heart surgery and am not up to date on a lot of things, but one answer I need.

Has anyone found the cause and solution for this error?

Code:
10:29:53:076	410	Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 30 
10:29:53:076 410 Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 6
10:29:53:076 410 Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 12
10:29:53:092 410 Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 36
10:29:53:092 410 Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 24
10:29:53:092 410 Cannot get Overdrive capabilities for adapter 18
10:29:53:092 410 em hbt: 0, dm hbt: 0, fm hbt: 0,
10:29:53:092 410 watchdog - thread 0 (gpu0), hb time 94
10:29:53:092 410 watchdog - thread 1 (gpu0), hb time 0

I've searched the net a little, but honestly my health isn't helping. I have one miner plagued with this problem. It can't run 9.7 in mode 0 or 1, stock settings, modded bios except for one replacement card that recently arrived. Running on win10 pro, plenty of virtual memory  and overkill for a PSU (EVGA 1600 t2). This miner will run and mine claymore using NiceHashMiner_v1.7.5.13, but the logs inside it show the error is still happening. I think nicehash has a better restart routine versus watchdog and reboot.bat.

I'm wanting to bag hold some coins, but am unable to mine or dual mine using 9.7 because the miner won't run more than a few minutes before watchdog kicks in and the miner gets stuck, and reboot rarely works.
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
is your miner authorized? Currently I don't mine ETH+DCR at this time, but I ran it for a minute and my "worker" was successfully authorized at both mining pools.

I never got the "authorized" message in the log like I always do with ETH mining.   So I assume the pool isn't letting me in.   I have created the worker at suprnova (see below) but of course the "active", Khash, etc. are blank as I've never truly connected yet.  My username for suprnova is bobsmith (not my real name/login to protect my identity) and I named my worker 3.  So that should mean my login.worker is bobsmith.3 which even then suprnova 'worker' settings page tells me (see below).

WORKER CONFIGURATION
Worker Login   Worker Password   Active   Monitor   Khash/s   Difficulty   Action
bobsmith.3        x

This is the command line in my start.bat:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us.ubiqpool.io:8008 -ewal 0x91AaaABDa75b55AFB3CE62f262A648886A445b92 -epsw x -eworker minr3 -dcoin dcr -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal bobsmith.3 -dpsw x -allpools 1

I specify my login.worker but I still always get the same error:
 Socket was closed remotely (by pool)
 DCR: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

I have now tried zpool.ca, decredpool.org, and suprnova.cc and all three get the same error message.   zpool.ca doesn't ask for login.worker rather just a -dwal mybitcoinaddress but I still get same error.  For decredpool and suprnova, they both have basically the same "create worker" screen/function (almost identical web pages between these two pools).

So an update.  I changed my start.bat settings to point to eth.suprnova.cc:5005 and also dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 per the instructions on suprnova's site.  My ETH authenticates but the Decred still does not even though they are literally the same miner/worker that I created on suprnova web site under my account    I'm using Claymore v9.7 and even downloaded new copy of it to make sure--still Decred refuses to let me in.   

try     -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal username.password -dpsw x
Activity: 1
Hi,

Sry my bad english...

Somebody can help me, i have 1 rig, i trying run the miner whit on wifi network, but the miner can't connect the pool. If maybe can connect the pool run 5-10 sec and lost the connection... If i close the miner, and run the browser all things works graet on wifi. I try another rig, but it's not working.
i have win 10 64bit, asrock btc 2.0 motherboard, claymore eth miner 9.7.

Thanks for your help!
Activity: 37
is your miner authorized? Currently I don't mine ETH+DCR at this time, but I ran it for a minute and my "worker" was successfully authorized at both mining pools.

I never got the "authorized" message in the log like I always do with ETH mining.   So I assume the pool isn't letting me in.   I have created the worker at suprnova (see below) but of course the "active", Khash, etc. are blank as I've never truly connected yet.  My username for suprnova is bobsmith (not my real name/login to protect my identity) and I named my worker 3.  So that should mean my login.worker is bobsmith.3 which even then suprnova 'worker' settings page tells me (see below).

WORKER CONFIGURATION
Worker Login   Worker Password   Active   Monitor   Khash/s   Difficulty   Action
bobsmith.3        x

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us.ubiqpool.io:8008 -ewal 0x91AaaABDa75b55AFB3CE62f262A648886A445b92 -epsw x -eworker minr3 -dcoin dcr -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal bobsmith.3 -dpsw x -allpools 1

I have now tried zpool.ca, decredpool.org, and suprnova.cc and all three get the same error message.   zpool.ca doesn't ask for login.worker rather just a -dwal mybitcoinaddress but I still get same error.  For decredpool and suprnova, they both have basically the same "create worker" screen/function (almost identical web pages between these two pools).

So an update.  I changed my start.bat settings to point to eth.suprnova.cc:5005 and also dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 per the instructions on suprnova's site.  My ETH authenticates but the Decred still does not even though they are literally the same miner/worker that I created on suprnova web site under my account    I'm using Claymore v9.7 and even downloaded new copy of it to make sure--still Decred refuses to let me in.   

WORKER CONFIGURATION
bobsmith.3        x

I have now tried zpool.ca, decredpool.org, and suprnova.cc and all three get the same error message.   zpool.ca doesn't ask for login.worker rather just a -dwal mybitcoinaddress but I still get same error.  For decredpool and suprnova, they both have basically the same "create worker" screen/function (almost identical web pages between these two pools).
Activity: 18
hi claymore
would u support ETP mining?
http://mvs.live/
Now i need add -allcoins 1
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
try zpool:
tcp://decred.mine.zpool.ca:5744

Same error "socket was closed remotely (by pool)" using zpool.   I'm getting initial connected to stratum message on port 5744 and for zpool there is no worker or loginid needed, just a BTC wallet address which I have provided.   Seriously, this dual mining stuff shouldn't be so difficult--I've followed every instruction in Claymore readme and every example start.bat I can find on the Internet but nothing works (except my normal ETH is mining fine)
Jump to: