Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 765. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi guys!

I have a problem and i cant seem to find any resolution to it, so you might be able to help.

I have trouble getting multiple cards running on Ubuntu 16.04 server. The cards are recognised properly, but when i start the miner, the card in the pcie x1 slot is hashing really slow, like 1/6 of the normal. I installed AMDGPU-PRO and AMD-APP-SDK. If i change cards, the one in the x16 slot is working properly, but the other one is getting slow. It feels like it doesn't get enough power, assuming from the power consumption and the fan speed. The same setup is working fine on Windows 10, so this must be a Linux/driver related problem. Anyone had a similar issue, and if yes, how did you resolve it?

Thanks!

Anyone has any tips on this one? Im out of ideas.
Activity: 7
Hi guys, today i tried ver 9.5 two of my rigss all good. But the third one when i double click the .bat file it opens and close the comand line window in micro seconds.

I already deactivaded the win defender, dont know why this is happening.

Can someone help me.

Thanks

When the command window opens momentarily, hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard. This will take a snapshot of your entire desktop at that moment. Then open Photoshop, or some other image editing software and paste it in a new file. That will let you read why the miner crashed.
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Claymore, can you make Ethman allow selecting multiple rigs and doing same thing?  Namely, Enable Main mining, Dual mining, or Disable mining? It would be super useful on occasion. Thanx for making great miners!
Can someone please tell me how to get more than 2 mhs average on 1080 and 1080 ti cards with win 10?

Upgrade your windows 10 to the creators update.
Activity: 16
Hey pros, where do I put the -dcri value in my batch file?

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x284a8C28154FcA14E0eC3a9f78D63c43bc92d006.Lewis -epsw x -dpool "http://siamining.com:9980/miner/header?address=5ebb1e912f9f8d05e5c3a7b3e9bbdd9cdebb0abbc3fda8be2e03209877e55b6aa948915ec8fa&worker=Lewis" -dcoin sia

Thanks a million

-dcri 5 (p. example)
Hey pros, where do I put the -dcri value in my batch file?

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x284a8C28154FcA14E0eC3a9f78D63c43bc92d006.Lewis -epsw x -dpool "http://siamining.com:9980/miner/header?address=5ebb1e912f9f8d05e5c3a7b3e9bbdd9cdebb0abbc3fda8be2e03209877e55b6aa948915ec8fa&worker=Lewis" -dcoin sia

Thanks a million
Activity: 30
http://
I was mining @40mh/s since today with cuda miner 2x980 untill today for 10  days but it dropped to 37 mh/s.Is this because difficulty raised ?

I heard 1060 / 1070 cards were unaffected by hashrate drop.
AMD 4xx/5xx cards also suffer from this. For every DAG Epoch, be ready for hashrate drop.

yes but there is a solution to get back hashrate to normal but with a little up temp and nothing OC  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
and what's the solution?
raise core and voltage Smiley

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I said no overclocking Grin Grin Grin . it's very simple but with **temp Up** full hashrate no loss in ETH and DCR with my 4x R9 390 129.12 Mh/s ETH and 1932 Mh/s DCR but
with normal mining 119 Mh/s ETH and 1920 Mh/s DCR
I will testing this with many next DAG to confirmed the solution when all RX and all amd 2 gb to 8 gb no mining more
Activity: 306
Merit: 251
Any idea on why a GPU will fail, then the driver crashes? It's causing my rig to BSOP after about 10 - 15 minutes of mining
Activity: 1
does anyone have a problem with their MH/S being inconsistent? i have a 6 gpu rig and it goes from anywhere 30 up to 180 mh/s am i doing something wrong? My power to my gpus are inconsistent i've changed my psu and checked all my gpus on other computers and they run fine but when i run all of them together it's really spiking like crazy....anyone have this issue?
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I'm curious what they could do with an optimized kernel too. I would expect them to be 80% faster than Fury given the memory speed advantage, and I'm pretty sure the bus won't be a bottleneck. Last I heard though someone tried and only got low 30-something MH/s with one. Not sure which miner was used. Maybe it was sgminer.

The one video I watched showed 30-35MH.  Let's assume 30MH for now.  (Yes, I saw those videos before buying two FE's, so you know the insanity is strong with me)

With using the recommended driver suggested in Claymore's miner, I saw ~2MH increase in performance with my 970.  I then dialed back the intensity so I could play old games at the same time as mining and still pull 16MH.  That's ~12%.  So if a future driver can offer a modest 12% increase on Vega's current performance, we should be able to expect 33.75MH.  I'm too new to mining to know how much the software used to mine has an effect on hashrate, but I imagine there is some optimization in the miner.

So if I can get 40MH out of each Vega FE and be at 90% GPU utilization I'll be thrilled.  If it's more than 40MH my next computer might be a threadripper with four Vega's.

I do CAD work on the side and my 970 really struggles with some models.  Even the older Quadro 5000 2GB at work beats up on it pretty hard, so Vega should be a welcome change in that regard.
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
First post, just joined.

Any news on support for Vega FE?  I have two of them on the way.

Did you buy them for mining?

Yes.  Mining is the excuse I used to buy them, with the hopes they'll pay for themselves, not actually turn a profit.  Will continue to game off my GTX 970 until the FE's pay for themselves.  Currently getting about 16MH from my Asus Strix GTX 970.  No OC, just whatever the card does out of the box.

I'm curious what they could do with an optimized kernel too. I would expect them to be 80% faster than Fury given the memory speed advantage, and I'm pretty sure the bus won't be a bottleneck. Last I heard though someone tried and only got low 30-something MH/s with one. Not sure which miner was used. Maybe it was sgminer.
Activity: 114
Getting 3mh less than excavator with 1060, any suggestions ?
First post, just joined.

Yes.  Mining is the excuse I used to buy them, with the hopes they'll pay for themselves, not actually turn a profit.  Will continue to game off my GTX 970 until the FE's pay for themselves.  Currently getting about 16MH from my Asus Strix GTX 970.  No OC, just whatever the card does out of the box.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
First post, just joined.

Activity: 168
Merit: 15
@claymore If I may request a feature for an upcoming release. I myself, like many of the miners, use a bunch of headless miners connected via the network to your miner manager program. When watchdog restarts the miner, or calls the reboot.sh file, it would be really handy to have the last reboot cause recorded for easy access in the manager, or if the miner simply crashes and doesn't reboot, have the last few lines of the log file available to view in the manager. For instance "miner hangs at opencl call on GPU01". That way every single reboot doesn't warrant pulling out the monitor and connecting to the box at fault to find the issue.
my self-made reboot.bat sends email like tihs before reboot:
REBOOT RIG05 UPTIME 2 days 02:55:43
---------- C:\USERS\USER\DESKTOP\DUAL_MAIN\1499070431_LOG.TXT
14:20:09:412   73c   WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
14:20:09:412   73c   WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit

Code:
Setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
rem ############################################
set [email protected]
set [email protected]
set davp=sender_password
set logdir=c:\path_to_logs
set sender="C:\Program Files\sendemail.exe"
rem ############################################
chcp 1251>nul
set "u=0"
for /f "tokens=2 delims=\" %%i in ('2^>nul reg query HKU ^| findstr /iv "classes .default"') do set /a "u+=1"
for /f "tokens=2 delims=," %%i in ('typeperf "\System\System Up Time" -sc 1 ^| findstr /rc:"\:"') do set "sec=%%i"
set "sec=%sec:"=%"
for /f "tokens=1 delims=." %%i in ("%sec%") do set "t=%%i"
set /a "ss=t%%60", "t/=60", "mm=t%%60", "t/=60", "hh=t%%24", "dd=t/24"
if %hh% lss 10 set "hh=0%hh%"
if %mm% lss 10 set "mm=0%mm%"
if %ss% lss 10 set "ss=0%ss%"
set upt=%dd% days %hh%:%mm%:%ss%
chcp 866>nul
for /f "tokens=*" %%i in (' dir /b /od "%logdir%\*.txt" ') do set "lastlog=%%i"
set tempfile=%temp%%random%
find "hangs in OpenCL call, exit" %logdir%\%lastlog% > %tempfile%
%sender% -f "%computername% <%mailu%>" -t %mailto% -u "REBOOT %computername% UPTIME %upt%" -o message-file=%tempfile%  -o message-header="X-Priority: 1" -s smtp.gmail.com -o tls=yes -xu %mailu% -xp %davp%
del %tempfile%
shutdown /r /t 5 /f

ps для pyccкoй винды cтpoкy "\System\System Up Time" зaмeнить нa "\Cиcтeмa\Bpeмя paбoты cиcтeмы"
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
My Claymore is crashing DAG when switching to dev fee mining during Musicoin+DCR mining.
How to fix that? Or is there are non dev-fee version of miner around?

Why i have this error?

4x Palit 1070 Super Jet
Activity: 840
Merit: 503
Problems with DUAL Mining

Hey,
when i solo mine ETH with following settings (WIN10, 6x 1070 Asus Strix): 

60% Power
+600 Memory
+0 Core

i get around 180Mh/s @ 670W

When i start ETh + SIA with same settings
i get 160 mh/s eth and ~1600 sia

is this eth drop normal? thought it would be less influence.

any improvements?
TY
Try to change -dcri parameter by push - key till acceptable values. Then change that parameter in your config/bat file. and also you have to remember that blake (sia Algorithm) is quite hot and power can be increase
First post, just joined.

You can try them and tell us the results.

I noticed a few other posts indicating that Vega currently doesn't work with Claymore's miner.
Activity: 1
@claymore If I may request a feature for an upcoming release. I myself, like many of the miners, use a bunch of headless miners connected via the network to your miner manager program. When watchdog restarts the miner, or calls the reboot.sh file, it would be really handy to have the last reboot cause recorded for easy access in the manager, or if the miner simply crashes and doesn't reboot, have the last few lines of the log file available to view in the manager. For instance "miner hangs at opencl call on GPU01". That way every single reboot doesn't warrant pulling out the monitor and connecting to the box at fault to find the issue.

Thanks in advance
Activity: 73
First post, just joined.

You can try them and tell us the results.
Jump to: