Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 766. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
First post, just joined.

Any news on support for Vega FE?  I have two of them on the way.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Hi there!

I've just posted a little article about my rig that runs Claymore miner. If you are interested you are welcome: Harvester 1 - The Birth of an Ether Mining Rig
I just read the article for curiosity. Nice work.

Thanks man!
Activity: 652
Merit: 266
Hello Everyone,

I'm using Claymore's 9.6 on my rig (mix of rx 470, 480 bios moded, with 3 gpu). I was having an average Hashrate of 81.5 Mh/s (ETH+DCR) on win10. When i switched to ethOS (linux) my hashrate had a drop to 77.1 . I'm trying to figure out what's making my performance worse on linux. I really want to use a linux system basically because of stability, but i don't see this Hashrate drop as a good thing. I'm think it's probaly an issue with the driver or some wrong configuration of Claymore's software. Does anyone has any idea of what I should change or tweak in order to have a similar Hashrate that I had on win 10 ?

PS: Sorry for my bad English.

Best Regards,
Rafael.,

The theoretical windows vs linux drop is +0.4MH  for windows. Unfortunately windows drivers are a bit better than linux.

That's the point, I would take anything up to -1.0MH since ethos is pretty easy to setup and runs at least on this rig as a charm. But I'm having like -1.5Mh per gpu, wich means a lot considering i'm having 3 more gpus coming until the end of the month.

Someone told me that the overclock sweet spot on linux is different from windows, i'm testing different core/mem clocks but until now no success.
Clocking is the same as of values but result might not be as expected on windows due to Desktop loading and stuff. Besides "the lack of undervolting" linux is performing very well.
wgt
Activity: 2
Hello Everyone,

I'm using Claymore's 9.6 on my rig (mix of rx 470, 480 bios moded, with 3 gpu). I was having an average Hashrate of 81.5 Mh/s (ETH+DCR) on win10. When i switched to ethOS (linux) my hashrate had a drop to 77.1 . I'm trying to figure out what's making my performance worse on linux. I really want to use a linux system basically because of stability, but i don't see this Hashrate drop as a good thing. I'm think it's probaly an issue with the driver or some wrong configuration of Claymore's software. Does anyone has any idea of what I should change or tweak in order to have a similar Hashrate that I had on win 10 ?

Best Regards,
Rafael.,

The theoretical windows vs linux drop is +0.4MH  for windows. Unfortunately windows drivers are a bit better than linux.

That's the point, I would take anything up to -1.0MH since ethos is pretty easy to setup and runs at least on this rig as a charm. But I'm having like -1.5Mh per gpu, wich means a lot considering i'm having 3 more gpus coming until the end of the month.

Someone told me that the overclock sweet spot on linux is different from windows, i'm testing different core/mem clocks but until now no success.
Activity: 652
Merit: 266
Hello Everyone,

Best Regards,
Rafael.,

Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Hi there!

I've just posted a little article about my rig that runs Claymore miner. If you are interested you are welcome: Harvester 1 - The Birth of an Ether Mining Rig
I just read the article for curiosity. Nice work.
wgt
Activity: 2
Hello Everyone,

Best Regards,
Rafael.,
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
I'm dual mining Eth and sia on win 10 16.9.2 drivers msi rx470 4gb and 8gb modded Bios I just noticed claymore is reporting the rates I should be getting but there 10-20mh less at the pool side so I switched pools and to etc but still the same issue would anyone have a suggestion should I go back to stock everything try it see what I get than mod

Run it for an hour or two, hit S and check for incorrect shares (not rejected). It can happen with latencies pushed too high in the bios. I had this issue when i straped a 580 with 1500 timings, ending upp in 10% of the shares for that gpu being burnt.
Thank You when I get home I'll see what I come up with
Activity: 31
Hi there!

Activity: 27
I'm dual mining Eth and sia on win 10 16.9.2 drivers msi rx470 4gb and 8gb modded Bios I just noticed claymore is reporting the rates I should be getting but there 10-20mh less at the pool side so I switched pools and to etc but still the same issue would anyone have a suggestion should I go back to stock everything try it see what I get than mod

Run it for an hour or two, hit S and check for incorrect shares (not rejected). It can happen with latencies pushed too high in the bios. I had this issue when i straped a 580 with 1500 timings, ending upp in 10% of the shares for that gpu being burnt.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I've built ASM kernels for Baffin (RX460/560) cards with good speedup for DCR/SIA/PASC and may be 1% for ETH, now I check what I can do for Nvidia cards. New version will be available in 2-4 days.
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
@claymore

Hello with my rx 480/580 dual eth + sia

I had 500mh per gpu

I am switching to gtx 1070 and sia = 300mh

Is there a possible maj of expected to win a + can with sia?

thank you

Are you too lazy to click "+" button 20-30 times?
Activity: 357
Merit: 26
I'm having a weird issue. Claymore just waits after it starts and says OpenCL initializing... then it lists the cards and just waits.

I used to be able to fix this by restarting claymore or restarting the computer but it's not helping anymore.. it just waits every time and won't mine.. Any ideas?

Sounds like it could be hanging from too high of an overclock. Try backing down the core clock by 10 MHz and the memory clock by 50 MHz and see if it helps.

Thanks. I narrowed it down to 1 card but that card messes it up even at stock clocks/volts.

I figured it out by trying just the first card using -di 0 and it actually loaded correctly and mined. Then tried -di 01 and it didn't work.. then I tried all but that 1.. -di 02345 and it worked! so it's 1 card in particular giving me and issue.. it's actually the same card that kept hanging every few days stopping the rig from mining. I'll have to check the riser and maybe try that specific card in another rig to see what's up

I've been having a similar issue - everything fine for weeks, then that same process., even on stock clocks. Did you work out if it was the card or the riser? (obvs I'm hoping for a riser swap fix ;-)
Activity: 487
Merit: 252
bou !
@claymore

Hello with my rx 480/580 dual eth + sia

I had 500mh per gpu

I am switching to gtx 1070 and sia = 300mh

Is there a possible maj of expected to win a + can with sia?

thank you
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Any news for new version?
Activity: 285
Merit: 105
Activity: 547
Merit: 250
Activity: 91
Has anyone done a computation of Mr. Claymores total earnings to date? Pretty safe to safe hes a billionaire about now right?

Why is that question? Do you think that his work should be free? Do you think that his software should give you money for free? Lets be real people, just because someone had idea and knowledge does not mean that you can shit about it.
I have been paid for optimizing finance (ALM,Pricing) HPC applications (at time 500GFlop was occupying a full floor), and I respect end enjoy the price of work.
This is why I trust him to solve DAG/TLB trashing, if it can be. IF (not optimistic).
Activity: 91
Has anyone done a computation of Mr. Claymores total earnings to date? Pretty safe to safe hes a billionaire about now right?

Why is that question? Do you think that his work should be free? Do you think that his software should give you money for free? Lets be real people, just because someone had idea and knowledge does not mean that you can shit about it.
Jump to: