Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 806. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

Drop in 15min from now !
Activity: 11
Hi all,

I started mining with Claymore a few days ago and I am seeing an upsetting thing.
My GPU is an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, watercooled, MSI Afterburner reports a RAM frequency of 5000 MHz, which is fine... but when mining with Claymore, the RAM frequency automatically drops to 4500 MHz. If I stop mining and start a game, the frequency goes back to 5000 - the 4500 MHz behavior only appears when mining using Claymore.

I suspect the driver somehow knows I am using Claymore and taxes me for that.
If I boost RAM frequency by +1000, it goes up from 4500 to 5500 MHz and the hash speed goes from 20.5 MH to over 25 MH - 25% boost - but this solution is clumsy, because whenever I stop mining I have to dial back the frequency boost, otherwise as soon as the GPU encounters any regular load, it tries to boost from 5000 to 6000 MHz and the memory can't handle it.

What should I do to keep mining with Claymore, but at correct RAM frequencies?

Hi, I don't have GTX1080 card, but I am currently mine on GTX970 which have similar issue. Try to use the NVSMI tools to raise the card power state from P2 to P0.
NVIDIA card stay in P2 power state when CUDA computing, memory speed will be limited in P2. Raise to P0 to unleash the full clock speed. Hope it will solve your problem.

ref: http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/nvidia-force-power-state/

This doesn't work on 10 series cards right now, there is a nvidia driver bug.

Confirmed, indeed it looks like the board enters some mixed state between P2 and P0, the core clock jumps to 2000 but the RAm clock only jumps to 4514, which is the exact same value shown under the P2 state under nVidia Inspector.
I can't set the P2 State to anything, as soon as I try setting it up, the values jump back to defaults.

Code:
nvidia-smi -ac 5005,2000
Setting applications clocks is not supported for GPU 0000:01:00.0.
Treating as warning and moving on.
All done.

Question is: why is this only happening in some cases? i have friends who have GTX 1070, GTX 1080 Ti and they don't see this behavior. Is this specific to GTX 1080 only? Or am I just unlucky?
Activity: 4
Has anyone fallen in hashrate? A few days ago my hashrate was between 109,580 and 110,150 and now under 107 and 108.

If I put the rig to mine music coin if I mark the hashrate well. And format the pc twice reinstall driver and nothing.

Someone happens to him the same?  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
it would be good to monitor if qtminer and claymore experience the same drops..

I know i'll be [rying before/after in both miners.
Activity: 22
So we're all going to see a drop in hashrate in the next four hours?
Check your equipment, I have the r9 380 and get with each 23.5 Mhash. Check -ethi , SET options in your configuration file. Remember, in the help file the parameters are from 2 GB video card
I say that when properly configured miner video card, the VA will not lose in the speed of hashing. I had a year and a half ago 23.5 Mches much the same I get today.

What brand & settings are you using on the 380?  I have a few of those in one of my rigs and I've never gotten numbers like that out of them.  

Yest, Remaining one hour Now for new dag and new droping effective hashrate about 2%
Activity: 28
Probably overclocked.
It is, but when it is much OC, WatchDog error appears. And with my OC miner is stable w/o WD error.
have afterburner poen and look at power usage, typically when mine drops the power usage randomly also dropped
Activity: 50
Check your equipment, I have the r9 380 and get with each 23.5 Mhash. Check -ethi , SET options in your configuration file. Remember, in the help file the parameters are from 2 GB video card
I say that when properly configured miner video card, the VA will not lose in the speed of hashing. I had a year and a half ago 23.5 Mches much the same I get today.

What brand & settings are you using on the 380?  I have a few of those in one of my rigs and I've never gotten numbers like that out of them. 
Activity: 26
Probably overclocked.
It is, but when it is much OC, WatchDog error appears. And with my OC miner is stable w/o WD error.
Activity: 13
Why sometimes my hashrate randomly drops? Avg. is 29.9, but sometimes, like on the screenshot below, it drops much.
https://i.imgur.com/jYsbV2u.png

I'm wondering this same thing. I have a 6-gpu setup where one randomly drops to 19mh. All others cruise at 29mh/each.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Why sometimes my hashrate randomly drops? Avg. is 29.9, but sometimes, like on the screenshot below, it drops much.

Probably overclocked.
Activity: 26
Activity: 66
Activity: 66
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Claymore a time ago i see a miner using a compressd dag to work on 2gb cards,

It is not possible to compress the dag and keep things smooth?
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Simple stupid question (because my brain went to bed hours ago and I can't find the answer)

Does it work on a 2 gig rx460 anymore ? I can't write the dag file (31 and 60) which made me think 2 gig isn't enough ram on the card

This is with 16 gig of system ram and a 16 gig pagefile.

eth  mining on 2 gb cards is no more. dag is too big.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Just wanted to say lol@people freaking out over dag epoch hashrate drop.  There are a few golden rules in crypto, one of which is not to borrow large sums of money to start mining operations Smiley  In any case don't panic, you'll probably ROI before this happens anyway.
Activity: 121
Claymore,
do you have any ideas how to overcome Polaris hashrate drop for epoch >129 ?

Genoil said that DAG now took 100% of first memory bank (2gb) and go to second memory bank, so access two banks instead of one leads significant hashrate drop.

Do you make any research in this direction, or it is hopeless? What you think, any comments?

I have this probleme with 8g rx 480 hash drop every new dag epoche on ethereum and ethereum classic

Minergate miner say with her laste version we do not loss effective Hashrate see here;

https://minergate.com/blog/v-6-5-no-hashrate-drop-after-dag-epoch-switch/

From the description I understood that now they generate DAG on GPU too. So it is not related to this issue.

I see the speed drop. I checked possible workarounds, at least for Polaris, they failed. So probably this hashrate drop cannot be fixed, at least on miner software level.
you think is driver level problem?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Claymore,
do you have any ideas how to overcome Polaris hashrate drop for epoch >129 ?

Genoil said that DAG now took 100% of first memory bank (2gb) and go to second memory bank, so access two banks instead of one leads significant hashrate drop.

Do you make any research in this direction, or it is hopeless? What you think, any comments?

I have this probleme with 8g rx 480 hash drop every new dag epoche on ethereum and ethereum classic

Minergate miner say with her laste version we do not loss effective Hashrate see here;

https://minergate.com/blog/v-6-5-no-hashrate-drop-after-dag-epoch-switch/

From the description I understood that now they generate DAG on GPU too. So it is not related to this issue.

I see the speed drop. I checked possible workarounds, at least for Polaris, they failed. So probably this hashrate drop cannot be fixed, at least on miner software level.
Activity: 2
Can anybody with a card which is not polaris (so no 460/70/80 no 560/570/580) run those 3 benchmarks?

-benchmark 130

then 140 and 150

I want to see the hashrate drop on non polaris card in the future.

Here you are... figures are obtained from 10 consequence result and take average

geforce GTX970 4GB running at ~80% TDP

120:   18.522 MH/s
130:   18.542 MH/s
140:   15.363 MH/s
150:   10.291 MH/s
Jump to: