Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 849. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 418
Merit: 250
@samhayne: 13 compute units, capability: 5.2 

"well there's your problem."
Activity: 40
Merit: 1
Low hashrate on Win 10 / GTX970
====

Hey, Smiley

I started with mining today but unfortunately my graphics card totally underperforms with only ~3 Mh/s. Sad

I already did some searching and saw some older postings regarding problems with newer NVidia drivers and Win 10.
On the other hand I read that these problems were fixed with WDDM 2.1.

I'm confused now... and I see people running NVidia cards with acceptable performance under Win 10.

Specs:
Win 10, Build 1703 (Creators Update)
Nvidia GTX 970G Driver 382.33

Output:

Code:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0xb34[...]537e.Sam_Hayne -epsw x
[...]

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║      Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC/PASC GPU Miner v9.4      ║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

ETH: 1 pool is specified
Main Ethereum pool is eu2.ethermine.org:4444
DCR: 0 pool is specified
AMD OpenCL platform not found

Driver 368.81 is recommended for best performance and compatibility
Be careful with overclocking, use default clocks for first tests
Press "s" for current statistics, "0".."9" to turn on/off cards, "r" to reload pools, "e" or "d" to select current pool
CUDA initializing...

NVIDIA Cards available: 1
CUDA Driver Version/Runtime Version: 8.0/8.0
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 970, 4096 MB available, 13 compute units, capability: 5.2

Total cards: 1
ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eu2.ethermine.org' <91.121.222.33> port 4444
No pool specified for Decred! Ethereum-only mining mode is enabled
ETHEREUM-ONLY MINING MODE ENABLED (-mode 1)
ETH: eth-proxy stratum mode
Watchdog enabled
Remote management (READ-ONLY MODE) is enabled on port 3333

ETH: Stratum - Connected (eu2.ethermine.org:4444)
ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #127...
Setting DAG epoch #127 for GPU0
Create GPU buffer for GPU0
GPU0 DAG creation time - 8450 ms
Setting DAG epoch #127 for GPU0 done
ETH: 06/04/17-14:08:55 - New job from eu2.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 3.075 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ETH: GPU0 3.075 Mh/s
GPU0 t=62C fan=49%
ETH: 06/04/17-14:09:34 - New job from eu2.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 3.076 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ETH: GPU0 3.076 Mh/s
GPU0 t=60C fan=48%
ETH: 06/04/17-14:09:39 - New job from eu2.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 3.077 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:01
ETH: GPU0 3.077 Mh/s
ETH: 06/04/17-14:09:49 - New job from eu2.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 3.078 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:01
ETH: GPU0 3.078 Mh/s
GPU0 t=58C fan=47%

What to do? (Apart from switching to Linux/Win8)
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hi, i try to find how in read me files without succes. I buy new rx 580 for my computer, i put my old nvidia for sale on kijiji but for time someone buy it i keep it in computer. In option i don't see command line for mining only with gpu 0 (ati) and i connect nvidia with other miner... So someone know a command line for mining only with gpu 0?

thx
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

Im so happy with the 2 i got for testing that i already ordered 16 more, to complete 3 itx rigs.

They've been running no trouble at 25.4 mh/s @ 97-102W since mounting.   (51Mh/s @ 204W)

@frostminer - I'm confused, here, what are your stats,in the end ? Stock BIOS with these results, no way...
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
Is there any benefit to run Claymore on Nvidia card from cuda folder?

I have one test mixed rig with 1 x RX470 and 1 x GTX 1060. Running ethdcrminer from root folder it runs ok - both cards mining. But will be any hashrate benefit when I run ethdcrminer from inside cuda folder just for the gtx1060?
Activity: 13
Hi
I need some advice for dual mining...

With solo mining using rx570 I am getting 27 at 60-70w

When I am dual mining with Sia coin the ethereum hash rates drop to 10-19mh.

What kind of changes should I do to Ensure the ethereum mining not affected by dual mining?

Thanks in advance
Activity: 39
hi guys. i have a question. Cmd displays min. 28-29 mh / s max 30-31 mh / s Why do you show 21-23-24 at ethermine.org site when you are digging? Very rarely 28. Is there a related issue with the version?
Activity: 45
It's been a while since I last mined ETH+DCR or SIA. Can someone let me know what's the current normal hashrate for HD7970's please?

Now mining at miningpoolhub, ETH+SIA, dcri 90, I get some 12Mh/s in ETH and 550MH/s in SIA. That's with Crimson 17 drivers, pixel patched

Thanks

I'm having the same problem. By all accounts, this card should be mining at ~20-22MH/s but I'm only getting 12.5 no matter what I do. I've tried both the latest drivers and 15.12. Pixel Clock Patcher did nothing.

Edit: After some research, it seems like this rate is par for the course for the 7970/280x due to the current DAG size slowing it down. Bummer. Seems like other coins are the only answer. Though I might just use mine to dual mine. 12.5 is better than nothing.

I was wondering the same as I am just starting out and most of the posts about this show much faster speeds but were posted several months back.  My 3x powercolor 7950, overclocked core @ 1100 and memory @ 1500, is running at 37.5 MH/s.  So that comes out to the 12.5 per card you're seeing as well.  The overclock made 2 MH/s difference per card so that's why they are running right with your 7970.  Using closed loop liquid cooling (cpu coolers with shim and fans) on these cards.  I had these cards sitting around for a couple years so nice to put them to work.  Yikes...not quite 1 ETH per month at current difficulty.  Better late than never I guess. 
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
@frostminer - I've got one of your beloved RX570 ITX running, here, and can't get it passed 24MH/s, with modded bios.

GPU Clock - 1150MHz
MEM Clock - 2100MHz
GPU Voltage - minus 96mV
Power Limit - 0

It draws 120W on GPUz

What are your settings ? How could you achieve 28+ @ under 100W ?

[edit] Driver is 17.5.2 - OS Win 7 - Dual mining ETH + LBC @dcri 1

I dont think ive ever said 28+.
I said 26,4 at 150W:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18988396

But im sure it can do better and at less power if someone bothers play with it.
Personally i dont run any rigs oc'd to any noticable extent. Just slightly.

Downtime is the worst enemy of profits.
1 hang or reboot and you've lost days worth of oc.
I want my rigs to run for weeks without any trouble.
Pushing them always leads me to more downtime.

Edit:
Now.. didnt you get the card cheap as f?
Doesnt it make a rig easier with that size and power req?

Mh/$ is what counts in my world.
So if im gonna spend 10K $ on rigs.. what will give me the most mh.
The high end cards are very rarely the best answer here.

It IS very cheap indeed, or better said, it was, because there are none left anywhere. I looked in both US and EU online distributors, it's way out of stock. This very one, and... Actually all RX4XX/RX5XX... So what's left, now ?

End of it all, I've just bumped into some nice profits over some obscure sh!tcoin, that'll allow me to build both AMD and NVIDIA rigs. I assume you know the job better than I do, and you know what you're talking about, but still... I'm totally not here to be right and point out wrongs, or I wouldn't have assumed playing with that mini 570 ITX, but I see further than what we have now, and we kinda need to be ready to direct hash power elsewhere anytime from now. I'm still convinced NVIDIAs rule on all other algos, and we'll have to squeeze that lemon, as well, squeeze it good. Saying that, but can't find any article talking about the RX 590 and its Vega GPUs, so far, did you ?

I truly wish the nvidia pricing was a bit cheaper. Thats what kills them in the mining. Personally I use nvidia for everything.... except mining Huh   
They run cheaper and in some algos faster. But as entry price is high, ROI gets long and blabla...
Annoying.

Havent found any good info on the 590 yet.
Hoping they launch a big flagship taking over from the massive number of streams the R9 390 had.
Activity: 13
is anyone dual mining with nvidia gtx 1070 ? what performance is giving and what power consumption
Activity: 4
For dual mining mode in claymore i have 2 question.
1.Is it consume more power than normal mode?
2.Is my rig's lifetime shorter than use normal mode?

thanks you

#1 - yes, if i mine only ETH, gpu-z shows about 90-100W, if I dual mine, it shows about 110-120W. (R9 380, little overclocked, because if you are dual mine, its more unstable with higher clock than you mine solo ETH.. In my case.)

#2 - I dont know, but i dont think so.

thanks a lot i'll try it when i got my rig.
Activity: 5

thanks you

#1 - yes, if i mine only ETH, gpu-z shows about 90-100W, if I dual mine, it shows about 110-120W. (R9 380, little overclocked, because if you are dual mine, its more unstable with higher clock than you mine solo ETH.. In my case.)

#2 - I dont know, but i dont think so.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
Hello everyone. I have a problem with one of my rigs.

I get the ""WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit" problem after about 20-60 min running the claymore miner. It started tough with that my miner was loosing internet connection after running a while. When i fixed that by installing new network adapter drivers, the connection was stable but the GPU´s started to give 0.00 mh´s after a while, until getting the error message.

I did overclock the rig in the beggining, but i have reseted the MSI afterburner settings to default and i also did a bios mod, but i flashed the cards back to the original bios. I also dont think that the bios mod was the problem, because i have 3 more rigs with rx 470 with the same mod, and they all work great.

Specs:
Intel Celeron G1840 Processor
Asrock H81 Pro BTC motherboard
6x AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB
4GB DDR3 Memory
60GB SDD Harddisk
1000W Gold power supply
Windows 10 operating system

I have already tried to:

- Run the miner with the gser and eser commands and have also tried both dual and solo mining(both have same problems).
- fresh install of both operating system and Gpu drivers (first gpu drivers with DDU and after that operating system).
- Checked every riser, but they all work on a diffrent system so thats not the problem.
- Setting virtual memory to atleast 16000
- Tried old claymore miners, from 6.3 and up, same problem.

I dont really know what to do at this point, would really appreciate help if someone knows what might be causing this. Smiley

I believe with 60GB drive You don't have 20 GB virtual memory, right?

If you are mining with multiple GPUs you must set a virtual memory of a minimum of 16GB or the miner will likely crash.
Activity: 4

thanks you
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I

I get the ""WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit" problem after about 20-60 min running the claymore miner. It started tough with that my miner was loosing internet connection after running a while. When i fixed that by installing new network adapter drivers, the connection was stable but the GPU´s started to give 0.00 mh´s after a while, until getting the error message.

I did overclock the rig in the beggining, but i have reseted the MSI afterburner settings to default and i also did a bios mod, but i flashed the cards back to the original bios. I also dont think that the bios mod was the problem, because i have 3 more rigs with rx 470 with the same mod, and they all work great.

Specs:
6x AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB
4GB DDR3 Memory
60GB SDD Harddisk
1000W Gold power supply

I have already tried to:

- Run the miner with the gser and eser commands and have also tried both dual and solo mining(both have same problems).
- fresh install of both operating system and Gpu drivers (first gpu drivers with DDU and after that operating system).
- Checked every riser, but they all work on a diffrent system so thats not the problem.

I dont really know what to do at this point, would really appreciate help if someone knows what might be causing this. Smiley

I believe with 60GB drive You don't have 20 GB virtual memory, right?
Activity: 41
@frostminer - I've got one of your beloved RX570 ITX running, here, and can't get it passed 24MH/s, with modded bios.

GPU Clock - 1150MHz
MEM Clock - 2100MHz
GPU Voltage - minus 96mV
Power Limit - 0

It draws 120W on GPUz

I said 26,4 at 150W:

Edit:

It IS very cheap indeed, or better said, it was, because there are none left anywhere. I looked in both US and EU online distributors, it's way out of stock. This very one, and... Actually all RX4XX/RX5XX... So what's left, now ?

End of it all, I've just bumped into some nice profits over some obscure sh!tcoin, that'll allow me to build both AMD and NVIDIA rigs. I assume you know the job better than I do, and you know what you're talking about, but still... I'm totally not here to be right and point out wrongs, or I wouldn't have assumed playing with that mini 570 ITX, but I see further than what we have now, and we kinda need to be ready to direct hash power elsewhere anytime from now. I'm still convinced NVIDIAs rule on all other algos, and we'll have to squeeze that lemon, as well, squeeze it good. Saying that, but can't find any article talking about the RX 590 and its Vega GPUs, so far, did you ?

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
anyone has here a system mixed with 470/480 and Fiji GPU?what workaround did you use
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

GPU Clock - 1150MHz
MEM Clock - 2100MHz
GPU Voltage - minus 96mV
Power Limit - 0

It draws 120W on GPUz

I said 26,4 at 150W:

Edit:

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Specs:
6x AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB
4GB DDR3 Memory
60GB SDD Harddisk
1000W Gold power supply

I have already tried to:

Try to switch the card to another PCI Riser and see if the SAME card still crashes, if it does, it's probably a bad card, probably to abusive overclocking.
If the other card crashes, it's probably a bad PCI-E Riser
Activity: 37

Specs:
6x AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB
4GB DDR3 Memory
60GB SDD Harddisk
1000W Gold power supply

I have already tried to:

Jump to: