Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 844. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Hey guys, a couple problems I haven't been able to solve. Not sure if it's a claymore issue or something else.

6 rx 570's with bios' modded. GPU0 overclocks as expected with Afterburner, 25MH/s with no OC... 27MH/s with a little overclocking and undervolting. All other GPU's are not affected by the overclocking but will undervolt. Yes the synchronize similar GPU's is on. I tried it with it off and overclocked each GPU on its own, same result...only GPU0 has a change in hash rates.

Same issue with my gaming pc with 2 rx480's...GPU0 hash rate changes but GPU1 is unchanged...GPU-Z confirms the memory clock is rising.

I had some weird issues on a rx 480 rigs thats seems a bit similar.
In the end it was reinstalling afterburner that fixed it .. never made any sense.

(Lucky you getting a hold of rx 5xx at all... im still waiting another week for my batch)

Thanks I'll try it.

Yes I'd like to find some more!

Disabled GPU 1-5 on Claymore using number keys, then enabled and the hash rate matched GPU0!

The 480's have still have the issue but those cards are not on risers...maybe thats why..
Activity: 22
Can't seem to get a good stable OC for the death of me lol. Any suggestions?

My dual mining hashrate for ETH currently fluctuates between 42-48Mh/s from two 8Gb Strix RX 480s, with one card around 20-23Mh/s and the other 24-25Mh/s. I've read that people are able to get 30-31Mh/s from these cards through OC but outside of the default OC at 1330Mhz in GPU Tweak 2, everything crashes after a while. I had managed to get to 51Mh/s but it crashed. My rig is as follows and any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Ryzen 7 1700x
Asrock x370 Taichi Mobo
Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooling
(2) Asus Strix RX 480 8GB running with Crossfire - Driver 17.10.1731
32Gb Ram
750W Power Supply
1 SSD, 2 Sata HDDs
NZXT Phantom with 5 fans (1 200mm, 4 140mm)
Windows 10 64bit

Any ideas or advice on getting up to 50-60Mh/s?

Edit: It just crashed on the default OC as well.. smh
Activity: 37
I have been mining more than 48 hours and when i check the miner the hashrate is always at 42.9 but today my avarage hashrate starts to dop what could be the problem?
https://i.hizliresim.com/nWY1j5.jpg

Your effective hashrate is calculated by the shares your miner manages to accept.

With that said its a variable that does not always follow your exact hashrate. It is normal with variations, sometimes it´s higher and sometimes it´s lower then what your current reported hashrate is.Smiley
Hey guys, a couple problems I haven't been able to solve. Not sure if it's a claymore issue or something else.

6 rx 570's with bios' modded. GPU0 overclocks as expected with Afterburner, 25MH/s with no OC... 27MH/s with a little overclocking and undervolting. All other GPU's are not affected by the overclocking but will undervolt. Yes the synchronize similar GPU's is on. I tried it with it off and overclocked each GPU on its own, same result...only GPU0 has a change in hash rates.

Same issue with my gaming pc with 2 rx480's...GPU0 hash rate changes but GPU1 is unchanged...GPU-Z confirms the memory clock is rising.

In the end it was reinstalling afterburner that fixed it .. never made any sense.

(Lucky you getting a hold of rx 5xx at all... im still waiting another week for my batch)

Thanks I'll try it.

Yes I'd like to find some more!
Activity: 41
So... there just seems to be no way to use an GTX 970 properly for mining with Win 10 (1703).

after googling and testing for an entire day...

382.33 + CUDA 8.0: 3 MH/s
372.54 + CUDA 6.5: 9.5 MH/s (with P0)
347.52 + CUDA 6.5: 16.5 MH/s (driver won't allow P0 setting)

Embarrassed

Why don't you switch to Win7, at least to get it out of your head ? 970 DO hash, not the most efficient results, but this GPU is 3 years old already. Like I said, I learned with 2 of them, and was getting 24MH/s per card, @180W [free electricity, I OC'd them to hellish limits]
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I have been mining more than 48 hours and when i check the miner the hashrate is always at 42.9 but today my avarage hashrate starts to dop what could be the problem?
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

Activity: 8
Hi I am having trouble with setting a stop temperature and restarting the miner.  In my command line I have "-wd 1 -r 1 -tstop 90"  I have a reboot.bat(windows 10) file with a shutdown command in the same directory.  When I hit the bat it will shutdown the computer.  For testing purposes I am using -tstop 55.  It stops mining correctly but how to I get it to execute the reboot.bat file?   What am I doing wrong?    thanks
Activity: 595
Merit: 251
So I have just to tape on terminal

export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
and so on?

and than run the miner?

? I don't catch alll...
to run you can write a script... Claymore propose one (for ETH only here):
Code:
#!/bin/bash
export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

./ethdcrminer64 -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal YOUR_WALLET/YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10
have also to edit config.txt, epools.txt (and dpools.txt if you dual mine)

how to edit the conf file?

Sorry again for the stupid question
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

and so on?

and than run the miner?

? I don't catch alll...
to run you can write a script... Claymore propose one (for ETH only here):
Code:
#!/bin/bash
export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

./ethdcrminer64 -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal YOUR_WALLET/YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10
have also to edit config.txt, epools.txt (and dpools.txt if you dual mine)

About environnement variables, on ubuntu 16.04.2, with Claymore 9.4, amdgpu-pro-17.10-414273,
I enjoy those variables settings:
Code:
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
and ethdcrminer64 runs like a charm

if I put
Code:
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
as advised, it crashes with
Code:
segfault at 8 ip 00007f37c1d1ba0c sp 00007f37bdea7d10 error 4 in libamdocl64.so[7f37c161f000+3dfb000]
No problem, it works, but it may be interesting for beginner to know.

and so on?

and than run the miner?
About environnement variables, on ubuntu 16.04.2, with Claymore 9.4, amdgpu-pro-17.10-414273,
I enjoy those variables settings:
Code:
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
and ethdcrminer64 runs like a charm

if I put
Code:
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
as advised, it crashes with
Code:
segfault at 8 ip 00007f37c1d1ba0c sp 00007f37bdea7d10 error 4 in libamdocl64.so[7f37c161f000+3dfb000]
No problem, it works, but it may be interesting for beginner to know.
Exuse me for the stupid question, but how to set up the environmental variables in ubuntu?
depend on the shell, but with bash,
export VAR=value
Activity: 434
I'm interested in getting my Remote Manager Ethman.exe working

When a rig drops below a given hash rate it executes a BAT file. Does it execute the bate file on the rig with the low hash rate or the the machine where ethman is running?

Do I run ethman on all my rigs?
Exuse me for the stupid question, but how to set up the environmental variables in ubuntu?
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
So... there just seems to be no way to use an GTX 970 properly for mining with Win 10 (1703).

Embarrassed

Try using Linux, that's what I use to avoid all that..
Activity: 40
Merit: 1

Embarrassed
Activity: 51
@Claymore,

I've now been able to replicate the EthMan bug with as few as 3 miner entries, tested on both Win 7 x64 and Win 10 machines.

Freshly generated config file with three local IPs added, only one of which has a running miner. (ETH 9.4)
Leave open for 5-10min, crashes every time. (all miners shown as red/offline)

Activity: 37
Hello everyone. I have a problem with one of my rigs.

I get the ""WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit" problem after about 20-60 min running the claymore miner. It started tough with that my miner was loosing internet connection after running a while. When i fixed that by installing new network adapter drivers, the connection was stable but the GPU´s started to give 0.00 mh´s after a while, until getting the error message.

I did overclock the rig in the beggining, but i have reseted the MSI afterburner settings to default and i also did a bios mod, but i flashed the cards back to the original bios. I also dont think that the bios mod was the problem, because i have 3 more rigs with rx 470 with the same mod, and they all work great.

Specs:
Intel Celeron G1840 Processor
Asrock H81 Pro BTC motherboard
6x AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB
4GB DDR3 Memory
60GB SDD Harddisk
1000W Gold power supply
Windows 10 operating system

I have already tried to:

- Run the miner with the gser and eser commands and have also tried both dual and solo mining(both have same problems).
- fresh install of both operating system and Gpu drivers (first gpu drivers with DDU and after that operating system).
- Checked every riser, but they all work on a diffrent system so thats not the problem.
- Setting virtual memory to atleast 16000
- Tried old claymore miners, from 6.3 and up, same problem.

I dont really know what to do at this point, would really appreciate help if someone knows what might be causing this. Smiley

leave 1 card only, remove other cards a mine for 2 hours. If the miner does not crash replace the card and repeat the test. If you do not find a "faulty card" by trying all 6 then start adding cards - two for 2 hours, 3 for 2 hours, 4 for 2 hours, 5 for 2 hours and finally 6. Post the results of these tests here.
First thing I would check is to see if Win10 changing virtual mem settings during an update(which I see you checked), or updated the drivers. Both things are on the same pop up. After checking virtual mem on the advance tab, click on the hardware tab and tell winblows to not update drivers. Winblows will update drivers as it boots. Also what are the card temps when they shut down or start spitting out opencl errors?

The temps variate between 62-70 at most at all times. I did solve this issue tough, but thanks for the response, was a weird bug in msi afterburner that would not reset my overclocking properly Smiley Thanks anyway, peace!
Jump to: