Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 845. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Hello everyone. I have a problem with one of my rigs.

I get the ""WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit" problem after about 20-60 min running the claymore miner. It started tough with that my miner was loosing internet connection after running a while. When i fixed that by installing new network adapter drivers, the connection was stable but the GPU´s started to give 0.00 mh´s after a while, until getting the error message.

I did overclock the rig in the beggining, but i have reseted the MSI afterburner settings to default and i also did a bios mod, but i flashed the cards back to the original bios. I also dont think that the bios mod was the problem, because i have 3 more rigs with rx 470 with the same mod, and they all work great.

Specs:
Intel Celeron G1840 Processor
Asrock H81 Pro BTC motherboard
6x AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB
4GB DDR3 Memory
60GB SDD Harddisk
1000W Gold power supply
Windows 10 operating system

I have already tried to:

- Run the miner with the gser and eser commands and have also tried both dual and solo mining(both have same problems).
- fresh install of both operating system and Gpu drivers (first gpu drivers with DDU and after that operating system).
- Checked every riser, but they all work on a diffrent system so thats not the problem.
- Setting virtual memory to atleast 16000
- Tried old claymore miners, from 6.3 and up, same problem.

I dont really know what to do at this point, would really appreciate help if someone knows what might be causing this. Smiley

leave 1 card only, remove other cards a mine for 2 hours. If the miner does not crash replace the card and repeat the test. If you do not find a "faulty card" by trying all 6 then start adding cards - two for 2 hours, 3 for 2 hours, 4 for 2 hours, 5 for 2 hours and finally 6. Post the results of these tests here.

Thanks for the answer, i managed to solve it. I did the tests and no hardware was faulty, acctually it seemed like there was some weird bug where msi afterburner would keep my overclocked settings and not going back to default even though set it to do so. Appreciate the help anyway, thanks Smiley
Activity: 37
I don't get it...can anyone give a proper solution?

The Watchdog issue is very frustrating and even if I disable the WD function it's not a solution the hasrates drops anyway.

For the last hole week (over 160h) I could mine without an issue but now its back again.
WATCHDOG HANGS IN OPENCL CALL, you need to restart the miner
WATCHDOG: GPU error, you need to restart your miner

https://s8.postimg.org/4q8rf336d/Watchdog_error.png

A "Restart" never work... I need to reboot my hole system and restart everything new...this can't be.

BTW I did no changes in Bios/OC/Windows/Hardware or anything else after the last week. Riser are also OK.
I've performed only a system restart because I wanted to plott my hard disk.

If I restart my system 10-20 times after that error occured (what can be after some minutes or even hours) it will work probably for a longer time...but this can't be the way.

Appriciate about any help.

@Claymore
Do you know what can cause that issue? Could you change something in the next miner version?
Hope something can be done... it's unbelievable frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Hello. I had the same problem for about 3 days, but atleast got it resolved. What i did was i:
*Shut off the aero theme functions in windows 10 (if you use windows)
*Disconnected all the gpu¨s, used DDU to uninstall drivers in safe mode, then reinstall drivers by connecting the gpu´s one by one and installing one by one.
*Make sure you have not made any overclocking/undervolting in MSI afterburner.
*Set the commands -etha 0 ,-gser 2-r 0, -dcri 7 and -dbg 1 in the claymore run file.
*Reinstall operative system.
*Set virtual memory to atleast 16gb

The steps are not in order, but atleast one of this fixes solved it for me. I had the exact same problem with the computer freezing and so on, so try these steps if you have not already. If it does not work it probaly is faulty hardware :/
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
Claymore, One last thing... Smiley
How far is the implementation of "rig builder fee"? When I build a rig for someone, I want him mining some time for me - equivalent of your dev fee. It was asked about month ago in this forum...

It is still not implemented. I believe I already said that this feature can be easily used in wrong purpose, also it can be easily disabled, also it is not useful for most people, so I don't hurry to implement it. But the number of requests is growing, so may be it will be added anyway.
I'm building few rigs and I will be the only one, who will have acces to them to administer. So this "builder fee" would be great feature, because they don't want to spent big money on the beginning to pay my work and knowledge, they rather pay me using this fee. And I think a lot of people will appreciate it too. Thanks for your work.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
How far is the implementation of "rig builder fee"? When I build a rig for someone, I want him mining some time for me - equivalent of your dev fee. It was asked about month ago in this forum...

It is still not implemented. I believe I already said that this feature can be easily used in wrong purpose, also it can be easily disabled, also it is not useful for most people, so I don't hurry to implement it. But the number of requests is growing, so may be it will be added anyway.
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
Google says the file contains a virus! Looks like someone integrated claymore into some trojan software.
Anyway, I can't download the zip file..

Use MEGA link in OP. Some time ago I even got a message from a man who caught a virus that just starts my miner with "hacker's" wallet address and even does not disable the log file, so this man checked the log, googled a bit and found me on this forum. Then he registered here and told me via PM that he is angry and probably I'm the most stupid virus writer on this planet since I wrote my name in the log file and I can be so easily reached.
Well, I tried to explain the situation of course Smiley

Already done, Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the issue. Thanks for your continued work.

donator
Miners developer
Google says the file contains a virus! Looks like someone integrated claymore into some trojan software.

Use MEGA link in OP. Some time ago I even got a message from a man who caught a virus that just starts my miner with "hacker's" wallet address and even does not disable the log file, so this man checked the log, googled a bit and found me on this forum. Then he registered here and told me via PM that he is angry and probably I'm the most stupid virus writer on this planet since I wrote my name in the log file and I can be so easily reached.
Well, I tried to explain the situation of course Smiley
Activity: 41
I am currently mining Zcash with 2x GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition cards. Is dual mining ETH with other coins a better option than solo mining Zcash? FYI, I use EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner currently and getting an average speed of 755 Sol/s (for 2 cards) and average earning of 0.0035 BTC/day. Thanks!
Activity: 190
Merit: 11

Your username says it all Smiley
BTW, if you still interested, use the mega.co.nz link
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
What are the mh/s people are getting with Gtx 980 ?

Gigabyte 980 = 21.3 MH/s

EVGA 980 = 21.6 MH/s

EVGA 980 Ti = 23.5 MH/s

Ok my strix 980's 1 getting 20mh/s and the other getting 22mh/s and using 165w each from wall.Are the wattages same as yours?

I'll double check when I get home, I don't remember off the top of my head..

Download it from Mega...
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

donator
Miners developer
Claymore. I love your miner. Only one thing driving me nuts - grey background when viewing the webpage of stats of the miner. We were talking about it. Function -color works, but no option is showing those rows as goog as standard option. In cmd window it look good - black background, pink or violet temperatures, but this temperature row on webpage on grey background is not readable.
Could you simply make the colors (just the background color to black) the SAME in remote webpage as it is in cmd window on win?
Thanks a lot!

Ok EthMan v3.1 will have option for bg color of webpage.

For the last hole week (over 160h) I could mine without an issue but now its back again.

A "Restart" never work... I need to reboot my hole system and restart everything new...this can't be.
@Claymore
Do you know what can cause that issue? Could you change something in the next miner version?
Thanks in advance.

Probably some hardware issue. After it, when video drivers fails, often there is no way to reset/restart anything except press Reset button. I can do nothing for it because miner is at OpenCL level.

No no, we don't understand each other. I mean black background when connecting remotely to rig stats using web browser on for example 192.168.1.2:3333, I don't use EthMan...

Oh, this is done already, just wait for next update Smiley

claymore, if you launch the miner with win 10 task scheduler then it doesnt have fan control and gpu power control
i said more about it here

It is related to Windows and drivers, not to miner. If you try to start miner as a service you will have same problems or even more. Miner uses API to access OpenCL and AMD ADL, if they fail, there is nothing to do in the miner.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Gigabyte 980 = 21.3 MH/s

EVGA 980 = 21.6 MH/s

EVGA 980 Ti = 23.5 MH/s

Ok my strix 980's 1 getting 20mh/s and the other getting 22mh/s and using 165w each from wall.Are the wattages same as yours?
Activity: 546
Merit: 254
ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ
claymore, if you launch the miner with win 10 task scheduler then it doesnt have fan control and gpu power control

i said more about it here
Claymore. I love your miner. Only one thing driving me nuts - grey background when viewing the webpage of stats of the miner. We were talking about it. Function -color works, but no option is showing those rows as goog as standard option. In cmd window it look good - black background, pink or violet temperatures, but this temperature row on webpage on grey background is not readable.
Could you simply make the colors (just the background color to black) the SAME in remote webpage as it is in cmd window on win?
Thanks a lot!

@Claymore
Thanks in advance.

Probably some hardware issue. After it, when video drivers fails, often there is no way to reset/restart anything except press Reset button. I can do nothing for it because miner is at OpenCL level.

No no, we don't understand each other. I mean black background when connecting remotely to rig stats using web browser on for example 192.168.1.2:3333, I don't use EthMan...
donator
Miners developer
Thanks a lot!

@Claymore
Thanks in advance.

Gigabyte 980 = 21.3 MH/s

EVGA 980 = 21.6 MH/s

EVGA 980 Ti = 23.5 MH/s
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I don't get it...can anyone give a proper solution?

The Watchdog issue is very frustrating and even if I disable the WD function it's not a solution the hasrates drops anyway.

https://s8.postimg.org/4q8rf336d/Watchdog_error.png

BTW I did no changes in Bios/OC/Windows/Hardware or anything else after the last week. Riser are also OK.
I've performed only a system restart because I wanted to plott my hard disk.

If I restart my system 10-20 times after that error occured (what can be after some minutes or even hours) it will work probably for a longer time...but this can't be the way.

Appriciate about any help.

@Claymore

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Jump to: