Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 889. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Hello,
I have a problem, I hope one of you can help me figure out what is not working :

Everything worked fine for more than a week, but last night my mining rig restarted after windows update (forgot to manually set metered connection), and now the miner crash on start (it shows 3072 MB available on my GPU instead of 8 gb, the just crash)

I have :
Windows 10
driver 16.9.2
RX 470 MSI ARMOR OC 8gb (modded bios, only straps)
280X Sapphire 3gb with dummy plug

I use the 470 with Claymore's eth 9.3, and the 280x with Claymore's Zcash miner. ( -di 0)
The 280x is working fine with both miner. (-di 1)

The 470 isn't working on either miner.

BUT, the 470 works on miners if I unplug the 280x.

I tried to reinstall the drivers, reinstall MSI Afterburner, no change.
Any idea? thanks

How much RAM installed?
Activity: 129
Merit: 10

Edit:
Im hoping to pick up a few RX 570ITX today to test.
If they are somewhere near the R9 380ITX ... im going to be so happy.  Best cards I ever had for mining.
So small.... 1 fan.. 1 power connector... outperforms r9 380X.

Hoping this will be the same family.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=3548F713-062B-4A98-B584-D0D211C5308E&lang=eng

W  O  W !!!

After 20 mins of testing.. i can hands down say THIS IS THE NEW BEST CARD FOR MINING!
With default latest driver and just a little OC ... this tiny card is doing 26 MH/s

ON A SINGLE 6 PIN POWER CONNECTOR!

and its cheap as f***... and its tiny!
And its only got 1 fan!
For comparison my R9 390s use 2x 8 pin power connectors.. has 3 fans... makes lotsa heat and cost twice this sweet little monster.

How is the power consumption and have you tried dual mining?

Shutting it down now to mount more and only have ellesmerge gpus in the same rig.
Had one mounted with one r9 380 itx for comparison, and ran things on a sgminer with little or no tinkering. 
Will test claymores after boot and more cards.

Did some more testing.

http://imgur.com/a/AUqLd

Sapphire RX 570ITX, 2048 streams
Ellesmere, 4096 MB available, 32 compute units
Msi afterburner 4.3.0
Crimson 17.4.4, Win7/64

ETH ONLY (ethi 24)
22.5Mh/s   Default mode 1 ETH only
116 Watt

ETH ONLY OC (ethi 24)
26.4Mh/s   GPU/Mem 1307/2027 mhz
150 Watt

ETH+SIA (dcri 24, default)
21,8Mh/s   ETH 
525 Mh/s   SIA (925mh/s at 400dcri)
119 Watt

ETH+DCR (dcri 38)
21.9Mh/s   ETH
830Mh/s   DCR (1450mh/s at 400dcri)
121 Watt

ETH+Pascal ()
Cancelled.. didnt bother to find another pascal pool.

Now.
Whats really interesting is setting the power limit in Afterburner to -18
Resulting in 75W and 19MH/s ...

I think this card has some GREAT potential for modded bios and low power usage.

I have to underline that i have NOT done any testing with drivers or any modifications.
F.ex the power usage at OC- 140Watt.. is probably way overdone and could be much lowered.

This was just a fast test to get an impression of the cards performance.

I can say fom experience of having a lot of R9 380 ITX(which are exactly like this one), its a golden nugget of a miner.
But this new one and its low power usage makes me remodel my next miners... dont need that powerful PSUs.

Again:
ONE 6 PIN power connector. ONE!
ONE FAN.
TINY CARD!

thanks for the info i normally run my eth drc  at dcr 26  whats that look like  with those cards if youve got time   many thanks
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

Edit:
If they are somewhere near the R9 380ITX ... im going to be so happy.  Best cards I ever had for mining.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=3548F713-062B-4A98-B584-D0D211C5308E&lang=eng

W  O  W !!!

After 20 mins of testing.. i can hands down say THIS IS THE NEW BEST CARD FOR MINING!
With default latest driver and just a little OC ... this tiny card is doing 26 MH/s

And its only got 1 fan!
For comparison my R9 390s use 2x 8 pin power connectors.. has 3 fans... makes lotsa heat and cost twice this sweet little monster.

Shutting it down now to mount more and only have ellesmerge gpus in the same rig.
Had one mounted with one r9 380 itx for comparison, and ran things on a sgminer with little or no tinkering. 

Did some more testing.

http://imgur.com/a/AUqLd

Sapphire RX 570ITX, 2048 streams
Ellesmere, 4096 MB available, 32 compute units
Msi afterburner 4.3.0
Crimson 17.4.4, Win7/64

ETH ONLY (ethi 24)
22.5Mh/s   Default mode 1 ETH only
116 Watt

ETH ONLY OC (ethi 24)
26.4Mh/s   GPU/Mem 1307/2027 mhz
150 Watt

ETH+SIA (dcri 24, default)
21,8Mh/s   ETH 
525 Mh/s   SIA (925mh/s at 400dcri)
119 Watt

ETH+DCR (dcri 38)
21.9Mh/s   ETH
830Mh/s   DCR (1450mh/s at 400dcri)
121 Watt

ETH+Pascal ()
Cancelled.. didnt bother to find another pascal pool.

Now.
Whats really interesting is setting the power limit in Afterburner to -18
Resulting in 75W and 19MH/s ...

I think this card has some GREAT potential for modded bios and low power usage.

I have to underline that i have NOT done any testing with drivers or any modifications.
F.ex the power usage at OC- 140Watt.. is probably way overdone and could be much lowered.

This was just a fast test to get an impression of the cards performance.

I can say fom experience of having a lot of R9 380 ITX(which are exactly like this one), its a golden nugget of a miner.
But this new one and its low power usage makes me remodel my next miners... dont need that powerful PSUs.

Again:
ONE 6 PIN power connector. ONE!
ONE FAN.
TINY CARD!
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
Win10 64 bit, Stock MSI Gaming X rx580 8gb no riser.
Using the driver hack 16.9.2 with 17.4.3 on claymore 9.0

My 6 rx580 4gb worked fine.  Now with only a single card the screen goes black and the computer is unresponsive after about 40min to 1hr.  Before that it mines fine.

Anyone have an idea?  Thanks,

You may reduce the frequency or increase the voltage.

Ignore me I was stupid lol.  I forgot a win10 setting.  Computer goes to sleep after 30min.

Be nice if my msi card issues were so simple, I get random black triangles and various artifacts and flickering under Windows drivers. Sad
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
BTW tytanick, wouldn't it be easier for both users and you developers that "paying" in ETH or BTC is done via mining? I mean, click pay 2 USD via ETH, all the rigs switch to your address and mine for you till that sum is mined... and then they revert back to the original settings. Much easier for all of us than sending 0.01 ETH for 1 USD, lol.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be

My 6 rx580 4gb worked fine.  Now with only a single card the screen goes black and the computer is unresponsive after about 40min to 1hr.  Before that it mines fine.

Ignore me I was stupid lol.  I forgot a win10 setting.  Computer goes to sleep after 30min.

hahahahha sometimes its the smallest things Smiley 
Activity: 164
Merit: 100

@frost try pointing your 390x at EXP or ZEC and compare with the rx580 then get back to us...

I decided to test them without interferance by other gpus..

Ill run some quick basic tests now without researching mods or driver performance.
Ill try all the supported algos of claymores.
Trying to do them twice.

1 default as possible
2 a little tinkering

will post after
legendary
@frost try pointing your 390x at EXP or ZEC and compare with the rx580 then get back to us...
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Just edited my post  Tongue. Added:

That is a nice hashrate for the price that card costs   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Very curious about power consumption / dual hash rate / bios mod potential
kid talking ... imo most likely he owns nvidias . . .

Youve wasted several pages on the forum with total carp i dont know where you get your figures from if its  just straight from whattomine  then you need to do proper research  of what miners are actually getting from there cards,then at the very end  you have the  GTX1070 duel mining and the RX480 only mining eth really fair  apples to melons

AH AH ! Right... I do strongly invite you to have a look around whattomine.com, looks like you don't know this website, and do the comparison by yourself. There is a special tab for ETH+LBRY, SC, DCR and PASC. I just let you look for it [Hint : Up and middle] As for my calculations, please read the loooooong post that wastes soooooo much pages, there is a bit of info about it.

Then you'll probably cry Smiley

Looks like you'all own AMDs, and that's OK, or at least it was last year.

Now... We are several people interested in Nvidias users feedback, GPU brand, models, stats...

Nvidia seems to do great with Xevan algo with gtx 1080 with a nice lead.
Only sad nvidia is so insanely expensive..

I'll be walking all over Nvidia with yesterday's R9, I'll post some screen caps when I get the cards.

Bring it on ! Smiley

I recieved a message with some questions that lead me to look this up..... been a while.

I did a mixup.
There is not any xevan miner for nvidia as far as i know. Its only cpu and amd, for now.
Xevan is BSD, BitSend.

The mixup i did must have been with XLR and Nist5.

The 1080 does over 60Mh/s .. which is really great. But then again... you can buy a small house for the price of one....
The rx 480 is only doing 25ish.

Edit:

W  O  W !!!

And its only got 1 fan!

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Youve wasted several pages on the forum with total carp i dont know where you get your figures from if its  just straight from whattomine  then you need to do proper research  of what miners are actually getting from there cards,then at the very end  you have the  GTX1070 duel mining and the RX480 only mining eth really fair  apples to melons

AH AH ! Right... I do strongly invite you to have a look around whattomine.com, looks like you don't know this website, and do the comparison by yourself. There is a special tab for ETH+LBRY, SC, DCR and PASC. I just let you look for it [Hint : Up and middle] As for my calculations, please read the loooooong post that wastes soooooo much pages, there is a bit of info about it.

Now... We are several people interested in Nvidias users feedback, GPU brand, models, stats...

I'll be walking all over Nvidia with yesterday's R9, I'll post some screen caps when I get the cards.

Bring it on ! Smiley

I recieved a message with some questions that lead me to look this up..... been a while.

I did a mixup.
There is not any xevan miner for nvidia as far as i know. Its only cpu and amd, for now.
Xevan is BSD, BitSend.

The 1080 does over 60Mh/s .. which is really great. But then again... you can buy a small house for the price of one....

Edit:
If they are somewhere near the R9 380ITX ... im going to be so happy.  Best cards I ever had for mining.

W  O  W !!!

And its only got 1 fan!

How is the power consumption and have you tried dual mining? That is a nice hashrate for the price that card costs  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked. Very curious about power consumption / dual hash rate / bios mod potential

Bring it on ! Smiley

I did a mixup.
Xevan is BSD, BitSend.

Edit:

W  O  W !!!

And its only got 1 fan!

legendary
I'm getting the error
Code:
./ethdcrminer64: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 on my laptop with Geforce 940M 2GB

From the previous page:

Hii everyone!!!
I am having trouble with ethereum gpu mining!!! I used all gpu miners including claymore miner and all of them give the same error!!!

"GPU can't allocate the DAG in a single chunk. Bailing?"

I have done all sort of fixes but nothing fixed my issue...

For example I have increased virtual memory of computer, I tried different pools like nanopool minergate etc but none of them fix my problem..

I also changed gpu max alloc percent 100 to gpu max alloc percent 95. But this also do not fix my problem...

I have 8gb ram in my computer and 2 gb AMD Radeon R5 M335 Graphic card.. And Intel HD graphics 520..my computer is dell insperon.

Plz zzz help!!!!
Any idea? 😥🤔

Can't mine ETH with 2GB anymore, try an ETH alt like EXP or MUSIC.

-allcoins EXP

Use that for 2GB cards.

Your 1st problem however is missing drivers it looks like.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
the 9.3 ist about 4 % slower than the 8.0, when mining ETH only.
What about the others?
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
MSI RX + Hynix ram = 5 weeks and counting RMA for me. MSI sucks balls.

yup. been 3 like weeks for my msi hynix 470 gaming x rma so far..

msi just sent my replacement rma for the 470. not sure what card im getting but its on its way.

my 470 hynix failure mode was that when the peg connector was connected the psu would not turn on. without the peg the psu would turn on and the rig would boot but of course the card would not come up and not show up in device manager. must of blown a vrm. card was 1500 strapped with mem at 2100 but core was stock. undervolted at -75 automatic fan controlled by the card.
Activity: 773
Merit: 528
I'm getting the error
Code:
./ethdcrminer64: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 on my laptop with Geforce 940M 2GB

Bring it on ! Smiley

I did a mixup.
Xevan is BSD, BitSend.

Edit:

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

legendary

My 6 rx580 4gb worked fine.  Now with only a single card the screen goes black and the computer is unresponsive after about 40min to 1hr.  Before that it mines fine.

Anyone have an idea?  Thanks,

My msi 8gb have a similar issue, they still run under linux and the amdgpu-pro driver in 64 bit mode. I'm lucky I didn't rma them as msi is screwing me on the completely dead 4gb cards I sent back.
Jump to: