Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 886. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
Hi all, I have a new rig and I've tried all the tricks in the book but my cards are stuck at 22mhz. I've tried all the different crimson drivers, re-installed windows, did DDU, updated the BIOS, tried different version of claymore, modified afterburner config and still nothing. In afterburner if I try to overclock memory past 1900 i get blue/white screen and even if I go less than 1900 my hash rate decreases from 22 to 19. Any suggestions how to fix this? I am trying with rx480 4gb on windows 10 claymore 9.3 and crimson 16.9 (but have tried other versions).

Try the newest AMD drivers (I think 17.3.4 or something like that) and then use them using the Pixel Patcher (Google for it). I am using the newest drivers patched and they are hashing well. Are you sure you used a modded ROM for the memory type in your card. The memory used in the cards can change from run to run. So a mod for your card for one memory type might not work properly or has well if you have another memory type in your card. Check out youtube videos from cryptomined and others. They have lots of good information about modding, putting together rigs, etc. It also might be an issue with the BIOS on your motherboard. Some just do mine well. Make sure your motherboard BIOS is the latest available for your board.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Hi all, I have a new rig and I've tried all the tricks in the book but my cards are stuck at 22mhz. I've tried all the different crimson drivers, re-installed windows, did DDU, updated the BIOS, tried different version of claymore, modified afterburner config and still nothing. In afterburner if I try to overclock memory past 1900 i get blue/white screen and even if I go less than 1900 my hash rate decreases from 22 to 19. Any suggestions how to fix this? I am trying with rx480 4gb on windows 10 claymore 9.3 and crimson 16.9 (but have tried other versions).
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
is an 650watt psu efficient for two rx470

Yes it should be, but don't add a third card to it.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Stupid question here, got a few Dell Vostro 260 at work, 1155 socket, 4 PCIE, i3 Processor, 4 GB memory, for some reason there is no way they will even boot if I install a R9 380 on the mobo, not even blink.
Strangely enouhg we have some Dell Vostro 230, 775 socket, Dual Core, the work like a champ, any idea of what could be going on?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Stupid enough question. How can you pretend to run a R9 380 which consumes 200-250 watt power from a dell vostro 260 psu which usually is 240-300 watt ? You risk to burn it down.

It has a 500 w PSU on it, but even if not it should at least boot, you don´t need 300 watts if the GPU is just sitting there with no work.
The mobo on it has 4 PCIE, it would make for a good rig, if I get it to boot

And some mobos don't support high power @ its pcie's
Activity: 72
Stupid question here, got a few Dell Vostro 260 at work, 1155 socket, 4 PCIE, i3 Processor, 4 GB memory, for some reason there is no way they will even boot if I install a R9 380 on the mobo, not even blink.
Strangely enouhg we have some Dell Vostro 230, 775 socket, Dual Core, the work like a champ, any idea of what could be going on?

Stupid enough question. How can you pretend to run a R9 380 which consumes 200-250 watt power from a dell vostro 260 psu which usually is 240-300 watt ? You risk to burn it down.

It has a 500 w PSU on it, but even if not it should at least boot, you don´t need 300 watts if the GPU is just sitting there with no work.
The mobo on it has 4 PCIE, it would make for a good rig, if I get it to boot
Activity: 64
@Claymore ,
or someone else...

i have 5x RX 580 is doing all time black with screen, it goes black than it comes back and etc...
It is under windows 7, i am not fan of win10...
Just need to know if anyone have win7 with them and to work properly?
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Activity: 390
Merit: 250
Got a lil prob here.

GPU3 goes down after a while

ETH: 05/14/17-14:13:02 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 135.278 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00

ETH: GPU0 26.980 Mh/s, GPU1 27.059 Mh/s, GPU2 27.128 Mh/s, GPU3 27.021 Mh/s

ETH: GPU0 27.022 Mh/s, GPU1 27.099 Mh/s, GPU2 27.078 Mh/s, GPU3 20.505 Mh/s
ETH: GPU0 26.976 Mh/s, GPU1 27.099 Mh/s, GPU2 27.105 Mh/s, GPU3 15.076 Mh/s

down to 8 Mh/s...

Virtual Memory is set to 32GB... still no solution, anybody had the same prob?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Sometime EthMan stops work properly - show all rigs offline and if i try close there are error message "Cannot terminate an externally created thread". Need kill and restart process via ProcessExplorer.

How many rigs in EthMan do you have?
Currently I'm rewriting some parts of EthMan, network routines too, probably it will help.

Confirm this bug from time to time. There were 25-50 nodes in the list.
Activity: 476
Can someone share a valid bat file for mining EXP and DCR together? I've tried following format but it says disconnected for EXP.

start/high EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool exp-eu.dwarfpool.com:81 -ewal 0xc3434ddddsserer8ff916d61519539e9ed -eworker HomePC -epsw x -esm 3 -allpools 1 -allcoins exp -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr-eu.coinmine.pl:2222 -dwal bbcd.HomePC -dpsw BdQecswq4XK3fY -dcri 25 -mode 0 -asm 1 -wd 1 -tt 80 -ttdcr 76 -ttli 78 -tstop 85
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Trying dual mode for the first time on one of my rigs.  Mining eth and pascal.  All seems to work but my eth speed dropped from 99Mh to 71Mh Huh
I'm pretty sure that's not suppose to happen.  Mining with 4x RX 480's 8GB
Any thoughts as to why?  Not worth losing 30% of eth speed.

Here is my start.bat per Nanopool instructions.

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-us-west1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal ETHWALLET.ADDRESS/Miner1/EMAIL -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://pasc-us-west1.nanopool.org:15555 -dwal PASCAL.WALLET.Miner1/EMAIL -dpsw x -dcoin pasc -etht 1000 -dcrt 1000 -ftime 10
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
I didn't try that, but i tried 2 different miners and heaven benchmark and it still crashes. I am trying to do the simple mining program but I can't get it to recognize the usb image to boot from.
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
Its definitely not a weak power supply. I've tried it on the solo 550w evga as well as the additional 1200w hp server psu for the single card and the result is the same. I re-installed windows again and updated to 17.4.1 drivers with  the patch and as soon as any gpu mining program starts and it starts hashing it crashes with no indication of what the issue is other than the occasional report that the driver has failed. At this point I don't know how to fix it since i've updated everything multiple times now. i'm gonna try running a synthetic gpu benchmark to see if it still crashes.

No difference with -ethi 1  ?
Activity: 72

Activity: 266
Its definitely not a weak power supply. I've tried it on the solo 550w evga as well as the additional 1200w hp server psu for the single card and the result is the same. I re-installed windows again and updated to 17.4.1 drivers with  the patch and as soon as any gpu mining program starts and it starts hashing it crashes with no indication of what the issue is other than the occasional report that the driver has failed. At this point I don't know how to fix it since i've updated everything multiple times now. i'm gonna try running a synthetic gpu benchmark to see if it still crashes.

You can try smOS and see if it still happens. If it still happens it will most likely be a hardware issue
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
So i re-installed windows, installed fresh claymore and its still doing the same thing. As soon as the program starts to GPU buffer or starts to hash the screen goes blank blue or black and locks up. There are no errors showing up in the miner log. I'm installing minergate now to see if it does the same thing with that. Anyone have any ideas?

You probably have too weak psu or something.

Try running it with -ethi 1 in eth-mode.
Activity: 32
Hi Claymore,
I can't use USB wireless adapter tp-link 722n with Claymore v9.3. Every time mining starts, the internet connection immediately stops.
How to fix this problem, thank you.

I had that issue as well until i changed to 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz network. For some reason it seemed like the power draw was knocking the 5ghz out, but has been fine every since on 2.4.
That's strange because my wifi dongle only support 2.4ghz IEEE 802.11/b/g/n and I connect it to my 2.4ghz router
Jump to: