Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 924. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Hey ,guys!
I'm new to the forum.I wish you everyone good luck with mining and everything else.
I'm kinda new to Etherium mining too and maybe asking newbie questions but i can't find the answers on my own for now.

I do only Etherium mining at ethermine pool

Here is my problem:

Everything was fine on 8.1 Claymore  miner.After installing Claymore dual miner 9.2 it started to crash on start right after it shows the green title for my 6 cards.I have a 6 x RX 470 8 GB (Micron memory) Sapphire Nitro on Asrock Pro BTC v2.0 with dual PSU Fortron Hyper 700M (add2psu).OS Windows 10 Pro.Crimson 16.9.2 drivers.Cards are bios moded and making 168.5 MH/s (miner's statistic) .940W power consumption total.I'm using MSI afterburner with synchronized settings for all cards.I found they are working fine on  -84 down voltage 1150/2000.Temps-below 60.

For now i tried to play with voltages with no luck and switched back to 8.1.

What do you think might be the problem?Drivers?Overclocking?Or something else?

Thanks in advance!

PS.Windows is crashing with blue screen and start to restart.After restart ,same thing over and over again since i have make my miner to restart auto in shell:startup.

I'm using 16.9.2 as people says 15.2 are not for RX 4xx series...
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Hi guys ! Correct me if Im wrong. If i see 1100 watt from the wall on my wattmeter , so on 80+ Standard PSU its 1100*0.8=880 power load of PSU. And its good enough for PSUs working conditions (1000Watt Chieftech)?
I mean its about 85% of its full load.

Right ?
If you have a 1000W PSU how can you see 1100 at the wall? Something is wrong...
The 80+ standard is a measure of efficiency. No PSU will deliver 100% of its nominal output, 10~20% is lost in heat.
Therefore, a 1000W PSU will only deliver ~800W within a limited range of loads, and not at full load. Got it?
A 1000W PSU will never "suck" 1100w from the wall....

A quality 1000w PSU easily outputs 1000w to DC side, depending on efficiency under 100% load you see much higher numbers at the wall.

For example, corsair rm1000 at 100% load - 89% efficiency @ 230Vac - 1123w (1000/0.89) at the wall. And you can easily overload them too, not saying I would do it but it is possible.

Like i thought . Thanks all for the info and help. Im cool now. Wattage of the PSU is the output ability not input.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Hi guys ! Correct me if Im wrong. If i see 1100 watt from the wall on my wattmeter , so on 80+ Standard PSU its 1100*0.8=880 power load of PSU. And its good enough for PSUs working conditions (1000Watt Chieftech)?

Right ?
The 80+ standard is a measure of efficiency. No PSU will deliver 100% of its nominal output, 10~20% is lost in heat.
Therefore, a 1000W PSU will only deliver ~800W within a limited range of loads, and not at full load. Got it?

A quality 1000w PSU easily outputs 1000w to DC side, depending on efficiency under 100% load you see much higher numbers at the wall.

For example, corsair rm1000 at 100% load - 89% efficiency @ 230Vac - 1123w (1000/0.89) at the wall. And you can easily overload them too, not saying I would do it but it is possible.

I always thought it was the other way around, but I've been wrong before.... Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Right ?

Activity: 76
Merit: 3

Right ?

I think it's the reverse : a 1000W PSU will deliver 1000W and consume 1200 w from the wall if it's a 80+
Pug
Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Can't agree with !

I have some Enermax Platimax / Maxrevo PSU's.
At first they are rated with the output. 1200/1350 means the are capable to deliver 1200/1350 Watt's on the 12V Rails, second for example one 1350Watt Maxrevo is sucking 1510 Watt at Wall measured with Siemens Sentron PAC3200. Running for a year now. But I do not prefer that to other as I can't complain if something goes wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

Right ?

Right ?
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
Claymore only display GPU temperatur for GPU 0. I want to see or log temperature for all GPU

How to do so?
Do you have crossfire activated?

Make sure you are NOT using RDP, use teamviewer instead for example
Why not use RDP?

Because bugs exist! It's in the readme , make sure you read it:
It seems RDP uses a virtual display adapter that makes claymore only detect one card for the temp readings

" I see only one card via Remote Desktop Connection.
  It's a problem of RDC, use TeamViewer or some other remote access software.

" -> From the readme

I see all cards and all cards are mining great. Only Claymore show temperature of first GPU0 only. GPUZ, OpenHWmonitor.. read correct info from all cards.
When using VNC I would need to manualy configure resolution, default with no display connected is 640x480. That's why I used RDP where you set resolution only once. On VNC you have to set it each reboot.

Yes I know, they mine great, everything works just fine, only the temps will come for the first card.
Like I said, just use teamviewer, it just works, VNC is veeery slow

Strange. Ok, understand, thanks. I use VNC on my second rig, it's not slow, I use also Remotix agent over VNC  from outside net, that's the best combination for me. I don't trust Teamviewer...
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
This is a general question to all those people dual mining out there - do you really think it is worth it? Don't you think that you are "frying" your cards and that in the long term any gains you make will be lost when you have to replace GPUs and maybe PSUs and other components which are being run way past the limits they were tested for in "gaming" usage scenarios?

When I dual mine I see a LOT more power consumption (obviously) and a lot more heat (obviously) but I see or feel heat in places and on components that I find a lot more worrisome that when I single mine.

I have heard of people who dual mine with new GPUs and then sell them after only a month or two at a 10-20% discount to unsuspecting buyers on Ebay or similar, then they buy new GPUs. That way they avoid the inevitable consequences of overloading GPUs and pass the damage on the someone else. I think that is a shitty thing to do so I just stick to single mining and keep my cards for a long time.

Am I exagerating the effect of dual mining?

My cards are undervolted and underclocked, so You can assume as situation of driving a car with 60 miles per hour without stopping. I don't think that prank throttling and braking in short drives will have longer lasting car than senior driving endless distances with low speed.
Activity: 174
Claymore only display GPU temperatur for GPU 0. I want to see or log temperature for all GPU

How to do so?

Why not use RDP?

It seems RDP uses a virtual display adapter that makes claymore only detect one card for the temp readings

" -> From the readme

I see all cards and all cards are mining great. Only Claymore show temperature of first GPU0 only. GPUZ, OpenHWmonitor.. read correct info from all cards.
When using VNC I would need to manualy configure resolution, default with no display connected is 640x480. That's why I used RDP where you set resolution only once. On VNC you have to set it each reboot.

Yes I know, they mine great, everything works just fine, only the temps will come for the first card.
Like I said, just use teamviewer, it just works, VNC is veeery slow
Activity: 224
Merit: 102

How to do so?

Why not use RDP?

" -> From the readme

Activity: 20
I'm having problems trying to duel mine Decred, do I need 5 different decred wallets if I have 5 miners using yiimp.ccminer.org:3252 ?
I have also tried supernova ./ethdcrminer64 -epool eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal 0xe80ef5824827b3fa046a98b2b9d510dcf7bf4ff4/Rig4 -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal xxx.rig4 -dpsw x
I have set up supernova workers. Only one worker will work I cannot get 2 workers running
Also can I mine alt eth coins with duel mining?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Thank you Claymore for your works!!.. but v9.2 can't mine on http://yiimp.ccminer.org when ccminer-2.0-rc3 works perfectly.. may be.. what I do wrong?

Same here. Changes to decredpool but now get 100% rejects.
Activity: 51
@Claymore. Could you add stat option to display number of accepted shared by each gpu ? It will be usefull to find degradated gpu.
BR.

++++
@Claymore. Could you add stat option to display number of accepted shared by each gpu ? It will be usefull to find degradated gpu.
BR.
Activity: 464
Merit: 252
Way way more stable for me. Out of my 6 RX 480's one would always jump from 30 to 16mhs. Now it bounces from 30 to 29...so much more stable. I'm also using -asm 0. I haven't tried dual mining just yet with 9.2 but will try.
Activity: 848
Merit: 500
v9.2:
Possible to add configurable "job timeout"?
Currently job timeout is 10 minutes.  For some coins sometimes job does not coming up more then 10 minutes and miner restarts connection to pool.
Activity: 12
Activity: 37
I think Claymore did a wonderful job on this one.
At first i did get a decrease from 165Mh to 140-ish with dual ETH-DCR.
Then i played with it and got back up. Seems like the software is becoming more and more advanced, thus "needy"
These settings worked for me:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x3ba6Bec13899d67c4B9c37230bCd49dB822A6b35.minerx -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://decred.eu.nicehash.com:3354 -dwal 36PoLAKNUiYdUz22BuKDxBorSp2j1C7G9H.minerx -dpsw x -esm 1 -mode 0 -tt 70 -asm 0

Running 6x RX470 OCd
core voltage -30mv Core 1100MHz Mem clock 1950MHz (Using MSI Afterburner)

any reason as to why you did the temp 70 as the limit>? I currently have 5 rx480's at 1100/2250 and only getting 27.7mhz..anything above 2250 results in share overclock loss
Jump to: