Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 928. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hey guys, need help, using claymore 9.2,

the mining is okay but there is no hashrate data show on supernova dashboard, anyone can help?

the code i use is -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2255 -dwal xxxx.test1 -dpsw test

Please see the screenshot below.

https://s9.postimg.org/igv1wzvp7/1111.png
https://s8.postimg.org/k7kp45uf5/22222.png

You have to change port number from 2255 to 3252. Port 2255 is for Nicehash on suprnova pool, and at this moment it is not working Nicehash miner because is not updated to work with new DCR protocol.

hi, when i use 3252 port, it say some error like rejected hashrate something like that.

btw, if i change decredpool.org , there is no issue at this moment. is there any reason a lot people use supernova instead of decredpool? decredpool charge 0.1 if payout minimum is 1 dcr?

the server is not stable?
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Agree, 6 RX470 4GB mod bios I've got:
ETH 168 average with -ethi 16
DCR 4560 average with -dcri 27

v9.2 under win 10
v9.2 under linux with ASM enable work very well. Fluctuation is minimal in dual with ASM. Now its very stable.
6xRX480 (mod bios)
ETH 175.5 average with -ethi 16 (I am not sure if -ethi 16 do something but it is there for a while)
DCR 4700 average with -dcri 27 (working with coinmine.pl pool)
Thanks Claymore for your support.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Hey Guys,

Need help on Dual mining.

I want to dedicate my miner as 75% for Ether and 25% for other alts. Please guide how to do the same.

set dcri accordingly
Activity: 9

the mining is okay but there is no hashrate data show on supernova dashboard, anyone can help?

the code i use is -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2255 -dwal xxxx.test1 -dpsw test

You have to change port number from 2255 to 3252. Port 2255 is for Nicehash on suprnova pool, and at this moment it is not working Nicehash miner because is not updated to work with new DCR protocol.
Hey Guys,

Need help on Dual mining.

I want to dedicate my miner as 75% for Ether and 25% for other alts. Please guide how to do the same.

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Same here and nothing is overclocked.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
I'm getting some unusual results with the new ASM code; 40MH/s ETH + 500MH/s DCR (pool numbers) from an R9 380X & HD7950 on Windows 10 and 95MH/s ETH + 6500MH/s DCR on Ubuntu 16.10 with 5x Rx480's.
legendary
This is a general question to all those people dual mining out there - do you really think it is worth it? Don't you think that you are "frying" your cards and that in the long term any gains you make will be lost when you have to replace GPUs and maybe PSUs and other components which are being run way past the limits they were tested for in "gaming" usage scenarios?

When I dual mine I see a LOT more power consumption (obviously) and a lot more heat (obviously) but I see or feel heat in places and on components that I find a lot more worrisome that when I single mine.

I have heard of people who dual mine with new GPUs and then sell them after only a month or two at a 10-20% discount to unsuspecting buyers on Ebay or similar, then they buy new GPUs. That way they avoid the inevitable consequences of overloading GPUs and pass the damage on the someone else. I think that is a shitty thing to do so I just stick to single mining and keep my cards for a long time.

Am I exagerating the effect of dual mining?

Dual mining and over-clocking are OK, just make sure you've got enough cooling and if you're OC, lower voltages. There's a lot of bad cards out there apparently due to defective Hynix RAM, dual mining will fry these defective cards within  weeks or days. If you're just casual gaming they'll probably go as soon the warranty expires. Cards with Samsung RAM are good!
Activity: 18
Could Claymore add update feature to your tool?? Cheesy
Activity: 450
Merit: 255
Hello, Claymore. Please fix the problem with mining musiccoin on r7 370 2gb. When the miner leaves for devfee, it can not create dag file, because 2 gb vram.

Pair your 2GB cards with 4GB cards in a 1 to 1 fashion and they will then be able to mine the devfee.

I have 5 rigs with 3 2GB 7870XT's paired with 3 4GB 280X cards in each rig and have had no issues.
Activity: 273
Merit: 250
BD People Are Legend
This is a general question to all those people dual mining out there - do you really think it is worth it? Don't you think that you are "frying" your cards [...]

I doing eth+dcr on nicehash, getting 40% more btc with only 15% more power usage  vs only eth, 5x rx480 - 810W at wall, all cards 51-54'C, when you have bills to pay every btc matter... yes i fryed 2 cards before , when i did not know how to set up corectly, but was replaced on warranty, did not cost me anything...
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
hi  all
I add the -esm 3 on ETH in my Preferences ,i found i can not connect to F2POOL,If remove it ,the run.bat is work normal. Have anyone have this issue?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
This is a general question to all those people dual mining out there - do you really think it is worth it? Don't you think that you are "frying" your cards and that in the long term any gains you make will be lost when you have to replace GPUs and maybe PSUs and other components which are being run way past the limits they were tested for in "gaming" usage scenarios?

When I dual mine I see a LOT more power consumption (obviously) and a lot more heat (obviously) but I see or feel heat in places and on components that I find a lot more worrisome that when I single mine.

I have heard of people who dual mine with new GPUs and then sell them after only a month or two at a 10-20% discount to unsuspecting buyers on Ebay or similar, then they buy new GPUs. That way they avoid the inevitable consequences of overloading GPUs and pass the damage on the someone else. I think that is a shitty thing to do so I just stick to single mining and keep my cards for a long time.

I am dual mining and my RX 470 stock bios (memory clocked to 2000 with MSI Afterburner) stays in high 60s, low 70s on temp and board drawing 100 watts or less. PSU is being used at less than 1/3 it's rated capacity. I don't see any heat issues with my card. Maybe dual mining and over stressing the card with modded bios can be an issue?
Activity: 372
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

Activity: 428
Inactivity: 8963
Hello, Claymore. Please fix the problem with mining musiccoin on r7 370 2gb. When the miner leaves for devfee, it can not create dag file, because 2 gb vram.

It won't work unless Musiccoin will be added to the devfee mining pools, the best you can do is to turn on "-nofee"
legendary
Can somebody explain what GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR is? I have an issue on ubuntu where I'm forced to set it to = 1 yet the documentation says it should be set to = 0.
Activity: 3
Activity: 41
v9.2 under linux with ASM enable work very well. Fluctuation is minimal in dual with ASM. Now its very stable.

6xRX480 (mod bios)

ETH 175.5 average with -ethi 16 (I am not sure if -ethi 16 do something but it is there for a while)
DCR 4700 average with -dcri 27 (working with coinmine.pl pool)

Thanks Claymore for your support.

Activity: 51
wtf happen with the people all complaining, let the man work... claymore know what he is doing programming is very difficult
he is making the mining great again lol

@claymore there is a bug where the speed start at max, example 30.3 mh and overtime will slow down to 30 and sometimes 29.8 permanently
Jump to: