Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 952. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

What made you to install it in the first place? Hint: uninstall it.

All my 6x480 rigs are running creators update, v9 miner, 16.6 drivers.

Flawlessly  Grin

Put the blame on something else, creators update works like a charm!

Is it useful for a mining rig? Maybe not... but it works!
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
Hi guys. Can anyone pls upload original bios for Hynix memory (rom) for Asus rx 470 4GB strix gaming (not OC), 1206 Mhz/1650 Mhz. I forgot to save mine because I thought it is already saved but that was elpida.

Stock Asus ROG Strix RX470 4GB Hynix Part No. 90YV09J2-MONA00 Bios
https://www.dropbox.com/s/say4p70jegby6j3/asus%20rog%20470%204gb%20stock.rom?dl=0
Thx but that one is 1250/1650. I need 1206/1650
Activity: 450
Merit: 255
Hi guys. Can anyone pls upload original bios for Hynix memory (rom) for Asus rx 470 4GB strix gaming (not OC), 1206 Mhz/1650 Mhz. I forgot to save mine because I thought it is already saved but that was elpida.

Stock Asus ROG Strix RX470 4GB Hynix Part No. 90YV09J2-MONA00 Bios
https://www.dropbox.com/s/say4p70jegby6j3/asus%20rog%20470%204gb%20stock.rom?dl=0
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I have it for the OC version. If you can't find anyone else with one let me know and we can see if it works.
Activity: 228
Activity: 474
Merit: 101
Any help about -dcri set for RX470 Nitro+ OC (Samsung, Elpida, Hynix) 4GB and 8GB?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Which is the best ethereum pool for Claymore, i use coinotron, but my hash rate fluctuates too much, and my ethereum count on coinotron is slow compared to gnoil for example. Is it normal, i do prefer Claymore is the best, but my minining rate is slo with it, maybe is the pool?

Thanks

Best Pools:

For <500Mhs is ethermine.org  can set the payout
For >500Mhs is ethanol.org ethpool.org cannot set the payout, but gives uncles occasionally

Good Luck!

Did you actually mean ethpool.org? Wink

Yes, sorry typo:  It should read ethpool.org.  Thanks for the catch!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
After installing the creator update for Windows 10, i get the message “ethdcrminer64.exe has stopped working“. In the details it's called “bex64“ error. Anybody out there with similar problems or ideas how to solve this? The regular ethminer.exe is still working. Sgminer is also working as usual.
Any hints are appreciated!

i wish i could help you im getting this since the update.
gpu1, gpuminer cu_k00 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
gpu1, gpuminer kx failed 1

i found a reference to launch failure in this thread but it wasn't explained or a work around fix shared

3 x gtx 1070 was working fine before windows update
checked virtual memory, psu and risers only seems to happen on multi card setups

thanks to anyone that can help or explain

i didn't install the creators update it was just the new windows 10 update. version 1607    14393.1066
i tried restore point but it did not work reinstalled drivers etc  seems to  happen every half an hour
overclocking does effect how often it happens as well

miner then restarts and works fine until it happens again.

I know this isn't very helpful if you already have a system running Windows 10 but honestly - from all the stuff I have read all over these and other forums, and from my own experience and that of a few of my friends.... Windows 10 is just a minefield of problems as a platform for a mining rig.

I believe that if you must use Windows (Linux is the best solution if you can understand it and use it properly) then Windows 8.1 seems to be the best option. It has almost all of the modern features that Win10 has, but none (or much less) of the annoying forced updates and inbuilt data mining/surveillance crap. The amount of things that Windows 10 does in the background or at random times which consume large amounts of system resources - without your control annoys the crap out of me. Not to mention how often I come home and my Windows 10 machine (a mostly non mining gaming & htpc machine) has just rebooted itself after an update without asking me or warning me. That is not a reliable and stable OS - it's a social media and entertainment platform on the surface and a data mining and "advertizing customer collector" underneath. Fuck Windows 10.

I recently built a new rig based on Nvidia cards (1070 and 2 1060s) and I am very glad I still had the ability to install Win8.1 on to this rig. The only reason I used Windows at all was because I don't really know anything about using Nvidia GPUs for mining in Linux. My other rig is Linux based with AMD GPUs and is so stable I almost never even have to look at it - it "just works".

I'm using my Gaming computer as a mining rig in its off time hints Windows 10. I would not be opposed to using Linux but honestly before this update have never had a single issue using Windows 10 and have actually seen better hashrates using W10 vs Linux. Now stability may be an issue with W10 but in my experience only when GPU is oveclocked too much which would be the case with Linux also. I'm just hoping this gets some wind and an update is realease soon.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
~snip~

I know this isn't very helpful if you already have a system running Windows 10 but honestly - from all the stuff I have read all over these and other forums, and from my own experience and that of a few of my friends.... Windows 10 is just a minefield of problems as a platform for a mining rig.

I believe that if you must use Windows (Linux is the best solution if you can understand it and use it properly) then Windows 8.1 seems to be the best option. It has almost all of the modern features that Win10 has, but none (or much less) of the annoying forced updates and inbuilt data mining/surveillance crap. The amount of things that Windows 10 does in the background or at random times which consume large amounts of system resources - without your control annoys the crap out of me. Not to mention how often I come home and my Windows 10 machine (a mostly non mining gaming & htpc machine) has just rebooted itself after an update without asking me or warning me. That is not a reliable and stable OS - it's a social media and entertainment platform on the surface and a data mining and "advertizing customer collector" underneath. Fuck Windows 10.

I recently built a new rig based on Nvidia cards (1070 and 2 1060s) and I am very glad I still had the ability to install Win8.1 on to this rig. The only reason I used Windows at all was because I don't really know anything about using Nvidia GPUs for mining in Linux. My other rig is Linux based with AMD GPUs and is so stable I almost never even have to look at it - it "just works".
You can turn off the auto-update in Windows 10. I understand the Linux fanboy stance, but it has it's own problems too, such as shit graphics drivers.

I wish Claymore would write his own drivers just for mining rigs.
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
After installing the creator update for Windows 10, i get the message “ethdcrminer64.exe has stopped working“. In the details it's called “bex64“ error. Anybody out there with similar problems or ideas how to solve this? The regular ethminer.exe is still working. Sgminer is also working as usual.

i found a reference to launch failure in this thread but it wasn't explained or a work around fix shared

checked virtual memory, psu and risers only seems to happen on multi card setups

i didn't install the creators update it was just the new windows 10 update. version 1607    14393.1066
i tried restore point but it did not work reinstalled drivers etc  seems to  happen every half an hour

Activity: 80

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I installed windows 10 creators update and I can no longer run Claymore's. I have tried it with and without the new Crimson driver to no avail. This is the log I get when I try to run... https://pastebin.com/GpH7arWc

Any help would be appreciated (other than asking me to uninstall update  Wink)
Activity: 238
9.0 is junk compared to old ones,huge instability using asm or without

Sad Serious accusation without a proof. Give us a real case - parameters and screenshots - let's say without asm mode first. There is a chance that you are wrong but there is also a chance that you are doing something incorrectly.
And cannot be closed.

Not even end task in task bar would be able to close it.

Only in 1 rig and only for claymore run through multipoolhubminer

What happen is multipoolhubminer will try to open another claymore with the same problem

It basically stuck at the initial stage

Restarting the rig works.

But kind of a pain. Also if it happens in the middle of the night I am screwed.

It's always at the initial stage. Happens very rarely. However, the way multipoolhub did is that it sometimes restart the whole thing.

I am using 16.9.1 because it's the only driver that doesn't require bios check.

- use DDU to uninstall 16.9.1
- install 16.11.5
- install Claymore 9.0, use -asm 0 first
- do not overlclock
- match the required power with no more than 80% of the limit of your PSU
- do not use multipoolhub

Once stable you can mod parameters one by one

It rarely happens though. So 16.11.5 That means bios check. I got to bypass signature check. I forget how to do so. But I think I can do that. Are you sure this is the issue? Anyone else have similar problem with I do?

Man, you provided info and asked for advice. It was given. Try it before questioning integrity. At least try to google for a minute...

Thanks for the advice.

May I know who you are? I mean are you familiar with claymore, and stuff?

Of course. This is my pleasure and social responsibility to answer your every question.

I like when people call me simply "the boss". I have earned that title after I read every single post in this thread. No one has done it before me. Most people give up after a few pages.

Am I familiar with Claymore? yes and no. Our life passes had gone in different direction long time ago. We are not close friends. It is simply business. I pay him for his work. In return I get access to his products as soon as they released. I am also notified about roadmap and work in progress. On the other hand I do test and give him a feedback when needed. Often it is just a compliment as his work is usually great.

Activity: 75
9.0 is junk compared to old ones,huge instability using asm or without

What made you to install it in the first place? Hint: uninstall it.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
I haven't had a similar error. Have you tried running the miner with admin privs?
Activity: 80

checked virtual memory psu, risers only seems to happen on multi card setups

Jump to: