Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 973. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

No, but you can use env vars, Readme:

You can also use environment variables in "epools.txt" and "config.txt" files. For example, define "WORKER" environment variable and use it as "%WORKER%" in config.txt or in epools.txt.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if this also works with the Linux version? I have tried $WORKER and %WORKER%.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Hi Claymore,
Question.
 Apologies if this question has already been answered. Suppose I'm pool mining, say ethmine.com. Somewhere in your software something clicks and it's time to devmine. Does your mining software immediately cut over to devmining or does it wait until a share is harvested then devmine?

Mining consists of executing GPU code many times, I call it "rounds". Rounds are independent from each other. GPU round is about 200ms and it cannot be interrupted, it can find a share or can find nothing. Have I answered your question?

HI Claymore,

what about new version ??

thanx

According to Claymore's post yesterday, it shall be available in a few hours.
Activity: 15
Hi Claymore,
Question.
 Apologies if this question has already been answered. Suppose I'm pool mining, say ethmine.com. Somewhere in your software something clicks and it's time to devmine. Does your mining software immediately cut over to devmining or does it wait until a share is harvested then devmine?

Mining consists of executing GPU code many times, I call it "rounds". Rounds are independent from each other. GPU round is about 200ms and it cannot be interrupted, it can find a share or can find nothing. Have I answered your question?

HI Claymore,

what about new version ??

thanx
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hi Claymore,
Question.

Activity: 578
Merit: 508
Hi Claymore,

Question.

Activity: 450
Merit: 255
Does anyone have an experience with 1 fan variants of cards for mining? (XFX, PowerColor). Do they run a lot hotter than others because of the 1 fan, or is it okay? Also the MSI Armor RX470's, how's their cooling? I've heard that they run hot because they only have 2 heat pipes, but I don't have one to confirm. I have an RX480 Armor with 3 heat pipes and it runs fine.

I have 8 Power Color Red Devil Single Fan cards and they are actually my coolest running cards before and after undervolting.
donator
Miners developer
Hi claymore,

is there an option to use the hostname as worker name?

Thanks.

No, but you can use env vars, Readme:

You can also use environment variables in "epools.txt" and "config.txt" files. For example, define "WORKER" environment variable and use it as "%WORKER%" in config.txt or in epools.txt.
Activity: 84
Does anyone have an experience with 1 fan variants of cards for mining? (XFX, PowerColor). Do they run a lot hotter than others because of the 1 fan, or is it okay? Also the MSI Armor RX470's, how's their cooling? I've heard that they run hot because they only have 2 heat pipes, but I don't have one to confirm. I have an RX480 Armor with 3 heat pipes and it runs fine.
Activity: 12
Hi claymore,

is there an option to use the hostname as worker name?

Thanks.
Activity: 42
Hello friends. Thinking to change mining coing on my rig. With 6*rx470 what is more profitable ? ETH (only mod) or ZEC ?

You can check this at www.whattomine.com

Quick daily profit calculation:
EXP $13.08-$14.42
ETH $12.43-$13.87
ZEC $10.09-$11.23

If your power supply will support it, the best profit is from dual mining ETH + DCR.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Hello friends. Thinking to change mining coing on my rig. With 6*rx470 what is more profitable ? ETH (only mod) or ZEC ?
Activity: 64
How much Mgh is normal for 280x for now? I got 13.2.

Switch to mining Expanse. It's more profitable on 280x.

You can also mine ZEC with the 280X.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252

Switch to mining Expanse. It's more profitable on 280x.
Activity: 536
Merit: 250
Activity: 450
Merit: 255
Something Interesting here, I have a r7 360 2GB card in my rom flashing station.

When I have a RX card that can Mine eth the dag is generated and both the 2GB R7 and 4GB-8GB RX card mine sure the 2GB card is only getting 5MH but without the rx card it can't generate the dag. Is the dag from the RX being used by the 2GB card or was this just a random fluke.
Activity: 55

Hi, how do you get this kind of report? i mean this: GPU0 - errors: 1 - Asic:79.5 @1266/2200 -24mv
hwinfo sensors report shows that errors on ram and the main page shows the asic.
Activity: 134
First DJ to play gigs for Bitcoin & Crypto Guru
cannot find 8.1 version on google drive

cannot d/l 8.1 version from mega.....

anyone else?

v8.1 is available on Mega. Google disabled file sharing for v8.1, probably they think it's a virus and I have no ideas how to fix it.

maybe version 9 coming Smiley

I plan to release v9 within 24 hours.

ok thats awesome, had trouble d/l 8.1 from Mega, just would not start?
donator
Miners developer

anyone else?

v8.1 is available on Mega. Google disabled file sharing for v8.1, probably they think it's a virus and I have no ideas how to fix it.

I plan to release v9 within 24 hours.
Activity: 75
Activity: 134
First DJ to play gigs for Bitcoin & Crypto Guru

anyone else?
Jump to: