Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 978. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 250
How you put 6 carda in one psu of 850w ?? And what clock you put to do 29.4 mh/s ?

You recommed rx470 instead rx480?
Your rx470 is sapphire nitRO 4gb? ?

Thanks
Almir

There is a small difference between RX470 / RX480 both in performance and in power usage.
IMO RX480 is only interesting if you can have it for less than 10% more than RX470.

With my RX470 i get about 29.4 Mhs for about 120W each (actually if you take into account PSU efficiency and system draw, you get about 140W/card : 850W at the wall for a 6 GPU miner). Although the numbers are not bad, it's not that optimized so i guess some people can achieve more hashes with better efficiency.

I think you should be able to achieve a little bit more with the RX480 depending on how you flash your BIOS and tune your GPU.

Im have two sapphire rx470 and im use claymore.tô miner eth

Im get speed of 55.5 with two cards

A value of 27.5 for each

If im purchase rx480 nitro of 4gb ?
Im can get more than 30 mh/s ??

Obs : what is the power usage of rx480 nitro with more than 30mh/s ?

Thanks
Almir
Have any card until 250 us that im can do 35mh/s in eth??

I don't think so, but if you buy a RX470 you will be able to get something close to 30MH/s for under 200 usd
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hi,

Running windows 10
Biostar TB85
Having 5 x Nitro+ RX 480 8Gb

But one card is running only 4.222 Mh/s, can someone please help and teach me to fix the problem? Please advice.

Best Regards
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
I've had lots of problems using --cclock and --mclock options. I'm currently using WattTool to adjust the settings and the miner now runs perfectly stable.

Hi.
have 2 RX480 Nitro+ 8GB OC
If i use one Card will get about  30MHs
If i use both Cards will get about 28 MHs per Card

Why???

My other Problem:

Conf:
-tt 60
-cclock 1050
-mclock 2200

one Card starts with these Settings and the other one blocks.
When i delete -cclock 1050 both card starts.
But if i set cclock with Trixx 3.0 also both Card starts

Any Idea?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hi.
have 2 RX480 Nitro+ 8GB OC
If i use one Card will get about  30MHs
If i use both Cards will get about 28 MHs per Card

Why???

My other Problem:

Conf:
-tt 60
-cclock 1050
-mclock 2200

one Card starts with these Settings and the other one blocks.
When i delete -cclock 1050 both card starts.
But if i set cclock with Trixx 3.0 also both Card starts

Any Idea?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
Does anyone know if modded bios and/or modifying straps plays well with dual mining?

It depends.

It might work well for one person but not for another. It depends on a lot of factors. The types of cards involved and the coin algorithms as well as the heat/power issues.  At the high intensity I like to dual mine ETH/DCR my cards don't do as well with modified BIOS. But that's me and maybe someone else might tweak their BIOS specifically for ETH/DCR.

Keep in mind a lot of BIOS are tweaked to get max performance on ETH solo mining.

Heck it might even matter if you are running Linux or Windows or what miner software you use.

Maybe if you can get more specific with what you want to do some of the resident experts can help you.

I assume people are modding bioses with less voltage, that's not really what I'm referring to though. Talking mainly about strap modification (which is what effects Eth performance).
Activity: 14
HEY GUYS!!!! I have 3 rx 470 and i get 21mhz for each card, drivers 16.12.2 winx64 clean, whitout another software. How can i to get more mh/s Huh Huh, i see 24/28mhs on the comments,
thx a lot.  Cheesy
Activity: 66
Just wondering; what's the hashrate for a GTX 970? they are pretty cheap at the moment.
Not worth it : about 22MHs at around 140W each (zec ~260)

970 is only good for ZEC.
There is a small difference between RX470 / RX480 both in performance and in power usage.
IMO RX480 is only interesting if you can have it for less than 10% more than RX470.

With my RX470 i get about 29.4 Mhs for about 120W each (actually if you take into account PSU efficiency and system draw, you get about 140W/card : 850W at the wall for a 6 GPU miner). Although the numbers are not bad, it's not that optimized so i guess some people can achieve more hashes with better efficiency.

I think you should be able to achieve a little bit more with the RX480 depending on how you flash your BIOS and tune your GPU.

Im get speed of 55.5 with two cards

A value of 27.5 for each

Thanks
Almir

I don't think so, but if you buy a RX470 you will be able to get something close to 30MH/s for under 200 usd

Im get speed of 55.5 with two cards

A value of 27.5 for each

Thanks
Almir

Activity: 441
Merit: 252
Does anyone know if modded bios and/or modifying straps plays well with dual mining?

It depends.

It might work well for one person but not for another. It depends on a lot of factors. The types of cards involved and the coin algorithms as well as the heat/power issues.  At the high intensity I like to dual mine ETH/DCR my cards don't do as well with modified BIOS. But that's me and maybe someone else might tweak their BIOS specifically for ETH/DCR.

Keep in mind a lot of BIOS are tweaked to get max performance on ETH solo mining.

Heck it might even matter if you are running Linux or Windows or what miner software you use.

Maybe if you can get more specific with what you want to do some of the resident experts can help you.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Which drivers should we be using.

i'm on 16.11.5 but I think i've read some people are using 16.12.2

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
8.1 works a lot better than before versions, great update
Just wondering; what's the hashrate for a GTX 970? they are pretty cheap at the moment.
Not worth it : about 22MHs at around 140W each (zec ~260)
YIz
Activity: 686
Merit: 502
Activity: 50
Can someone with Fury cards please tell me what they are getting for wattage?  Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Out of 6 gpus (Rx480 Nitros) one gpu is hashing 4mh. Others are doing fine at 29.3mh/sec. What could be wrong?

The 4 Mh/s bug ... Connect a monitor to it. If doesn't help switch the monitor to another card and so on.. If still doesn't help, use DDU and reinstall the drivers.
I have similar issue :
4 cards 480 on Z170 mobo, i3, 8G RAM, 1200W etc...   One card mines 24MH and other 3 - 29MH.
So I checked pagefile, DDU'd drivers and gave up .
Changed MOBO for H81 ProBTC and-same again! Reinstaled w 10 and tried everything I know ( I made so many rigs...) but - no help. Changed risers, changed cards - nothing.
Every time one random card is 24MH!
If 3 cards-one is @24MH. if 2 cards, same. One card-it mines 29MH.
Anybody seen this?
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
Out of 6 gpus (Rx480 Nitros) one gpu is hashing 4mh. Others are doing fine at 29.3mh/sec. What could be wrong?

The 4 Mh/s bug ... Connect a monitor to it. If doesn't help switch the monitor to another card and so on.. If still doesn't help, use DDU and reinstall the drivers.

Thanks I'll try that. Problem started when i tried to add 7th gpu to my rig. My mobo went crazy. I was using 6 gpu fine, lol. Now I'm trying to fix that card but not sure what happened. It didn't boot, possible I'll need to re-flash bios.

I'll update my post for others.

Normally with a hdmi cable and monitor it will be gone, but sometimes you need a workaround.
More info about the 4 Mh/s bug: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17154992
Jump to: